The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CastAStone

Math and business nerd. Not an insider.
I think it would be good if the other VGF thread could focus on the resort itself and not pricing, also I’m curious what everyone thinks.

I really hope they use at least some of the existing booking categories. I'd hate to see the whole cost of VGF ratcheted up, though I fear that is what might happen.

If they make up new categories, the lockoffs will never be bookable. They were tough before. They will be impossible with twice the points and the cheapest bookings there.

I can totally see a new theme park view or even a close to hospitality house or club level type category. I just hope they don't make the whole building cost more points.

And yea, I say 275 for VGF. Cash grabs require grabbing cash.

I think the price for Riviera goes up at the conclusion of these incentives, but VGF opens higher than that. I don't know if it gets higher than $255 currently but for sure (well for sure to me) it doesn't come down to $201. Points chart stays the same. Probably some incentives to start, but lower than what RIV is getting now. Pleasantly surprised at the current summer incentives to be honest.

Anyone want to go back and see who won the "what will Riviera pricing be" game? Maybe they can weigh in?! lol

I'm going same price as Riv (which will obv be higher than now when it hits). I think the GF is not as popular to the general public as some think and more people are starting to favor Epcot / HS over MK plus Riv has a longer contract. Enough people don't seem to really care about the resale restrictions. Most importantly, there is no way it will be priced above BLT, Poly and probably not CCV since it will be in active sales mode. So, while I wouldn't be shocked at $5-10 more, I'm going to vote it opens at same but with no incentives and they adjust pricing rapidly based on sales response.

Points chart is really hard without knowing what the rooms will be like. If we're talking no kitchenette, I don't think they can be higher just for a little square footage. There's probably no way the bathroom is going to be upgraded with an additional shower....
I'm gonna say it will be trade-off situation. Same points chart unless it gets a kitchenette.

Good thread. I’m curious to see the voting. I voted that I think VGF will be priced a little higher because it’s Disney’s flagship resort. I think the point chart may be higher, but with talks of a new room category, it may not justify the increase. I don’t think the point chart will go lower.

RIV - $215
VGF - $255 list
VGF - $245 @ 150 points (new blue card minimum)
VGF - $235 @ 200 points ($20 more than RIV)

Point charts for studios will be more than they are today at VGF. Could be new addition is more or could mean all studios are more.

Thats possible, and I have no interest in VGF at that price point. But that’s pretty expensive to sell a lot of points.

Point charts for studios will be more than they are today at VGF. Could be new addition is more or could mean all studios are more.
The point chart for 2022 for VGF1 is already out. Can DVC raise the number of points needed for studios in the original building before they have even started work next spring? I ask this because I see this idea being floated out there frequently and I'm curious, since current members are booking studios in the original building for 2022, how can DVC raise the number of points required for VGF1 studios for the inaugural year of VGF2? I'm specifically focusing on those dates which fall in August thru December when VGF2 will have opened but VGF1 owners will have already booked their stays starting in September 2021.

The point chart for 2022 for VGF1 is already out. Can DVC raise the number of points needed for studios in the original building before they have even started work next spring? I ask this because I see this idea being floated out there frequently and I'm curious, since current members are booking studios in the original building for 2022, how can DVC raise the number of points required for VGF1 studios for the inaugural year of VGF2? I'm specifically focusing on those dates which fall in August thru December when VGF2 will have opened but VGF1 owners will have already booked their stays starting in September 2021.

I think the adjustments, if any, would be only for dates that have not yet been booked.

Since there is talk that DVCM was going to be releasing revised 2022 charts for all resorts, these new rooms would need to be added.

It leads me to believe that for 2022, they will be the same as VGF1, and that only a room that is classified as a new category would be added

I think the adjustments, if any, would be only for dates that have not yet been booked.

Since there is talk that DVCM was going to be releasing revised 2022 charts for all resorts, these new rooms would need to be added.

It leads me to believe that for 2022, they will be the same as VGF1, and that only a room that is classified as a new category would be added
That sounds reasonable to me. But taking it a step further...don't all points for the expansion have to be declared in the POS before the sale of even one point takes place? So if all studios remain the same number of points in both VGF1 and VGF2 (with the exception of any new booking categories) in 2022, would it not follow suit then that DVC could not raise VGF2 points in subsequent years without concurrently making drastic reductions in the number of points required for villas in VGF1 (given the size of VGF2 vs VGF1)? IOW, raising the 200 VGF2 studios by just 1 point per night would have to result in lowering each of the 47 VGF1 studios by 4-5 points per night.

That sounds reasonable to me. But taking it a step further...don't all points for the expansion have to be declared in the POS before the sale of even one point takes place? So if all studios remain the same number of points in both VGF1 and VGF2 (with the exception of any new booking categories) in 2022, would it not follow suit then that DVC could not raise VGF2 points in subsequent years without concurrently making drastic reductions in the number of points required for villas in VGF1 (given the size of VGF2 vs VGF1)? IOW, raising the 200 VGF2 studios by just 1 point per night would have to result in lowering each of the 47 VGF1 studios by 4-5 points per night.

My thought is that they only need to declare the number of points they want for initial sales, like any other resort.

So, say the 200 rooms will create a total of 1 million points...made up number....and there are no new categories...they can declare 10% to start in 2022..20 rooms..

But just like new resorts, the points charts are based on total when sold out, so I think that’s why it won’t be a big deal since all points added come with the rooms.

RIV - $215
VGF - $255 list
VGF - $245 @ 150 points (new blue card minimum)
VGF - $235 @ 200 points ($20 more than RIV)

It’s going to be very hard to sell at those price points with a higher point requirement. It makes it almost too close to rack rate rooms at the hotel side. And to price it almost 20% more than another active resort is something that DVC has never done.
I still think it will be close to RIV prices just with less incentives. Maybe like $5 more in list price but not $40.

My thought is that they only need to declare the number of points they want for initial sales, like any other resort.

So, say the 200 rooms will create a total of 1 million points...made up number....and there are no new categories...they can declare 10% to start in 2022..20 rooms..

But just like new resorts, the points charts are based on total when sold out, so I think that’s why it won’t be a big deal since all points added come with the rooms.
It's my understanding that points declared into the plan (i.e. total points for the resort) is different from units (and the total points that they represent) declared into the condo association for the purpose of sales and reservation inventory.

For instance, on page 2 of the VGF POS, the total number of points declared into the plan is 1,911,596 with the caveat that if accommodations are added to or subtracted from the condo association, the total number of Home Resort Points will be adjusted up or down accordingly.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ts/corecatalog/utah/UT_VGF_PropertyReport.pdf
So, it strikes me that from the moment that VGF2 is added to the VGF condo association, the total number of points that will be sold at VGF2 must be declared into the plan and added to the number of Home Resort Points in the plan. DVD can still control when and how many points/Vacation Homes are declared into use by DVC as is necessary for sales purposes.

Edited to add link to VGF POS.

It's my understanding that points declared into the plan (i.e. total points for the resort) is different from units (and the total points that they represent) declared into the condo association for the purpose of sales and reservation inventory.

For instance, on page 2 of the VGF POS, the total number of points declared into the plan is 1,911,596 with the caveat that if accommodations are added to or subtracted from the condo association, the total number of Home Resort Points will be adjusted up or down accordingly.
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...ts/corecatalog/utah/UT_VGF_PropertyReport.pdf
So, it strikes me that from the moment that VGF2 is added to the VGF condo association, the total number of points that will be sold at VGF2 must be declared into the plan and added to the number of Home Resort Points in the plan. DVD can still control when and how many points/Vacation Homes are declared into use by DVC as is necessary for sales purposes.

Edited to add link to VGF POS.

It makes sense that would mean that the total has to be decided on first. I wonder if there is info as to how it was done for the treehouses as that would probably give us an idea of how they plan to do it.

Given that the indeed to open them...at least some...next summer...means they have to be on a pretty tight timeline.

$235 per point with incentives. Riviera at $225. The prices will be close enough and the properties different enough that one won’t cannibalize the other. Pure fantasy that it will be $201.

More small point contracts will be sold so the added cost won’t seem that bad to buyers.

I'm hoping for the same point chart except for theme park view and club level. Club level makes a ton of sense in my opinion and I think there would be strong demand for it.

Club level VGF is my dream! That would be worth a $235 price point for us We would add another 200-300 points (in 100 or 150 increment contracts) most definitely!

They could raise them for the months of June 2022 and after. I think it’s too late for May 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter