The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you watch that show? Pretty sure I said $225 and had some sound logic behind that thought process... Thanks for watching though!!
You were the most logical of the bunch Hands down, no contest there

The $260 numbers won’t age well. Arguments about dlt and how sold out prices were $255 and therefore gfv2 can’t be lower

Can someone tell us the poor Canadian member what the prices are ? I cannot see any direct prices from my province.

Anyone buying VGF resale over the past few months was not making a great decision unless they got a great deal IMO. There was always at least a 50% chance VGF would be priced on par with RIV.
I agree. I sold my resale VGF contract for $205 pp late last year.

I could buy back the same thing for $2 more now and actually be able to combine it with my RIV points.

Obviously that’s not factoring in the costs of selling, and closing costs for buying the new one. But I’d still easily make that trade.

The question is, does my wife agree or does she think we have enough?

Here and there, and for a period of time, sure. But it can't be "the way forward." They still have a cash business where they're able to rent the vast majority of these rooms at huge nightly rates to people who are never in a million years going to buy DVC. They can nibble at the edges to get through a weird few years, but "gobble up all of the cash inventory" isn't viable long-term.

I don't mean that the hotel conversions has to mean hotel rooms and only resort studios or they take all of the hotel.

I just mean they will take existing properties and rooms (not all) and make them DVC without having to develop an entire new property.

So, instead of BCV being it at BC, some of that hotel becomes DVC as well and it rebalances the resort between cash and DVC.

I think we need to watch Grand Floridian closely over the next year... This is a huge sales tactic and will bring historic numbers to DVC Direct Sales, but they will not undercut the value of their product like this for long. Current incentives expire March 30th... let's see what the price is after that date. I think we will see a gradual increase. This is the honeymoon stage.
You have to remember this was a very cheap cost refit. Selling at $207 will still get a massive profit. I can't see the price changing until the second set of incentives end on 1st June. Those resale listings look insane right now across all brokers.

I guess this means that we should have an opening date soon? Shall we start speculating on when it will be?

I can envision long waits for MS on 3/14 when everyone tries to book a fall stay in one of the 100 studios that have been declared.

When we were discussing things the other day, my guide seemed to indicate that earlier summer, prior to my July 20th trip, was more likely than not.

Someone posted they read end of June...I will ask today when I get my call!

I've been on this thread for quite a while, but still curious - if you already own direct, and you are not in love with VGF, is resale still a good deal? I do check out the listings but it's unfamiliar to me.

How much extra does it cost to split a contract? Let’s say I want 200 points. What do I have to do to get 2 contracts at 100 and the promo price associated with 200?

How much extra does it cost to split a contract? Let’s say I want 200 points. What do I have to do to get 2 contracts at 100 and the promo price associated with 200?
You pay the document prep and closing costs for two deeds but the incentives would be at the 200-point level as long as both are the same UY.

facebook twitter