The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely recommend paying the extra closing to have multiple small contracts so if you did want to downsize points you easily can. We bought VGF1 in 3-50 point contracts so we could give one to each kid later

I'm waiting on a VGF contract to pass ROFR right now at $185/point..... kinda hoping they take it.
Don’t beat yourself up over this. I was one who bought last April at $255/pt (60 pts) before the announcement. I got previous years points. I gave my son and new bride a VGF honeymoon. I rented out next 2021 points. I do not consider my extra $2300 points waisted as I have recouped this and more. We can not predict the future. You still got a great price. Stop worrying and enjoy those points!!!

Can anyone confirm how the charge appears on a CC? I need to let my CC company know about a forthcoming big purchase 🤣🤣🤣

No new concept art was released with the pricing was it? Really want to buy but also a bit nervous about how the rooms actually turn out. I was disappointed in the main VGF refurb, the concept art made it look much nicer. Also I’m not trusting their judgment ever since they decided to go with plaid headboards

just called mine in - ended up getting 125 instead of my planned 118 since the discount gave me 7 extra points for $450. One thing my guide did say - even with an April UY - I won’t get my points til 2022 and they won’t be usable til VGF2 opens - even on other properties.

Yeah those points may look tempting to some, but you also have to factor in the Point Chart.

Personally I'll stick with my recent 100 BWV points at $200/pt and enjoy some of the cheapest room points on site. Yes it's a 2014 resort, but I'll be well on my way to 6 ft under by then. DW surprised me this morning by saying our previous GFV stay in 2014 was good enough for her and we didn't really need to go back as long as we could stay at BWV/BLT.

To all those buying VGF2, good for you and here's :drinking1to many happy stays at your new home.

just called mine in - ended up getting 125 instead of my planned 118 since the discount gave me 7 extra points for $450. One thing my guide did say - even with an April UY - I won’t get my points til 2022 and they won’t be usable til VGF2 opens - even on other properties.
So no double points?

Don’t beat yourself up over this. I was one who bought last April at $255/pt (60 pts) before the announcement. I got previous years points. I gave my son and new bride a VGF honeymoon. I rented out next 2021 points. I do not consider my extra $2300 points waisted as I have recouped this and more. We can not predict the future. You still got a great price. Stop worrying and enjoy those points!!!
Yeah it's a tough call right now, it is a fully loaded contract (2021 points and 2022 points) and only paying for the 2022 MF's. So if I rent the 2021 points it would bring the contract down to about $165/point. I'm a blue card member so that isn't a huge consideration, but I do like the idea of breaking it up into 50 & 25 point contracts to reach 175 points instead of having a 170 point contract.

This was another point of debate: would they give 2021 points for UY’s still in 2021, even though none of the units were deeded in 2021.

So from the original post on the expansion, I was off a bit on the pts and the incentives but starting price and room info was good. I just couldn't see how they would expect to sell so many points when they didn't have a lot of demand as it was for the sold out price.

Ok, here are my predictions....I'd love to see what others predict (all in good fun).

Layouts stay essentially the same as the current hotel rooms. A quick refresh more than a renovation just based on the timeline they're working under.

Price starting at $205-210/pt with incentives bringing it into the 190's.

Standard Resort Studios starting at 18 pts/night low season, Lakeview starting at 21 pts/night, Theme Park View starting at 25 pts/night.

If we are planning to buy less points than the 125 required to get an incentive is there any reason to hurry up and buy right now?

goes to show the dvc show folks should take an Economics Class, their $260 and above predictions. they were not even close to reality

Lets not at like $179 for 300 points was reality either. Disney is doing this it would seem to cash in quick which is opposite of what some of us thought. Those projecting higher starting price were expecting Disney to leverage this longer.

I think this just signals Disney is trying to quickly sell out possibly as they have plans for future hotel flips before other rooms come up to refurbs.

So if we think a 2-3 year sell out it would be 2024-25 resort refurbishments. We would be at 8-9 years since the Beach Club refurbishment so possibly they focus there. Which would be when RIV is possibly winding down. Who knows though.

If we are planning to buy less points than the 125 required to get an incentive is there any reason to hurry up and buy right now?

Not really unless Disney were to raise the price once the initial presale is done but I would be surprised by that but it wouldn't be the first time I was shocked.

facebook twitter