The Timeshare Store - Lack of Listings

In my experience with The Timeshare Store, their prices are actually decent compared to a couple of the other brokers. I found a listing I'd been watching for and called immediately to grab it up. It was moved from "sale pending" to no longer being listed on the page that same day. I think they have decent inventory, but they don't leave pending listings hanging around on the site for ages. And my contract was never emailed out - I happened to check in on listings at just the right time. We've been very happy with the process and communication thus far!:flower1:

As a buyer I didn't especially care about the % commission, I cared about the bottom line eg: what I was paying for the points (price per pt. + MFs,) & I noticed the new guys (not so new anymore) had pretty high asking prices & I think for awhile they were also seeking MFs for banked points (don't know if they still are.) I was very happy w/ my VGF purchase a few months ago from the TSS and I've received email alerts in the last 2 weeks of VGF contracts in my use year from them, so I think in demand listings are just moving fast. Around the holidays/MFs payment time I expect the no. of listings at all the brokers to increase as they usually do.

Just received DVC resale market's latest email. Demand assumptions tells me that high prices have not slowed down buyers. I noticed they have a 150 point BWV contract posted. No points until 2019. This contract can be yours for only $115/point.
I saw this one too- it's actually only 7 points in 2019. Full points don't come until 2020!

As a buyer I didn't especially care about the % commission, I cared about the bottom line eg: what I was paying for the points (price per pt. + MFs,) & I noticed the new guys (not so new anymore) had pretty high asking prices & I think for awhile they were also seeking MFs for banked points (don't know if they still are.) I was very happy w/ my VGF purchase a few months ago from the TSS and I've received email alerts in the last 2 weeks of VGF contracts in my use year from them, so I think in demand listings are just moving fast. Around the holidays/MFs payment time I expect the no. of listings at all the brokers to increase as they usually do.

You may not care about the commission, but as a seller I am more likely to list with an agency that is lower. I think that has at least partly influenced why some agencies have more and some agencies have less. Less commission, more money in my pocket.

I notice that Jason has announced above that TTS is reducing their commission to 8.5%... I think this is a recognition that they may very well be losing contracts to realtors offering lower commissions. It will be interesting to see whether the reduction along with the natural increase in listings toward the end of the year makes a difference in the number contracts they are offering.

Last edited:

On a related note -- I used TTS for a point transfer into my account and it went really well. Paid for the points using a credit card and was able to confirm points into my account shortly after. It was nice not having to worry about any issues with paying the money and not getting the points (and I'm sure the seller liked knowing the money was already deposited before transferring the points).

After members who are looking at selling take their last F&W trip, contracts will show up on the various sites.

Dvcresalemarket says it is the biggest now.
I just posted this same question. I had a relationship with tts and was shocked st the limited listings. I'll go check these folks out

After members who are looking at selling take their last F&W trip, contracts will show up on the various sites.

Hope you are right, but with the current prices I’m not buying anything. The prices has rocketed and the reason why seems to be blurry.

Hope you are right, but with the current prices I’m not buying anything. The prices has rocketed and the reason why seems to be blurry.

Supply and demand.

If trends from previous years hold, then you will definitely see an increase in supply going into the new year. I think for me the question is will there also be a concurrent increase in demand... from people like yourself who are holding off purchasing in anticipation of prices going down. It won't matter if there are more contracts if there are also more buyers competing for them... prices would tend to remain high.

Considering where prices are now, I will be very interested to see what happens.

Supply and demand.

If trends from previous years hold, then you will definitely see an increase in supply going into the new year. I think for me the question is will there also be a concurrent increase in demand... from people like yourself who are holding off purchasing in anticipation of prices going down. It won't matter if there are more contracts if there are also more buyers competing for them... prices would tend to remain high.

Considering where prices are now, I will be very interested to see what happens.
I started watching Jan 2015. People were saying the same thing about prices so I waited until Sept. I did get a great deal (but on a large contract) but prices have continued to rise and rise since then.

I think we lose sight of the rental demand on this board. Would be curious to see the volume just the two big brokers are doing. And the rental demand translates into resale demand as well as lack of new listings.

We did the tour, then rented as advised here and of course bought in the next year, already added on.

If you're waiting for lower prices, you may be disappointed. If your waiting for more supply, you should start to see it soon if your going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter