The story so far...

Thanks for your updates!:goodvibes

Looking forward to hearing more!!

Have a great time! I wish I were there fighting the crowds too!!

Hay Dan thanks for the great,and I should say funny:rotfl2: reports. I could hardly stay on the chair when you said you dislike crowds!,and your at Disney:rotfl:. Well your at Disney so it could be worse,cant wait to read more.:goodvibes

Thanks Dan

Trying to psyche myself out for when we arrive Saturday, which will most likely be the busies day of all. :scared1: :dance3:

Keep the reviews coming!! :yay:

I'm following TGM's advice. I was hoping it would make a difference.

We did a full day at DHS...and went commando, at that. (for those that don't know, this means that we went without a break) We were walking off the bus right when they started to let people in the turnstiles. We headed directly to TSM. By the time we got there......night all!

Ok, you are not really following TSM. He has a page devoted to TSM and we did it his way and rode it three times despite the 80 minute wait time we never waited more than 10 minutes. Your first mistake was not being at rope drop 2o to 30 minutes like he says.

I know people don't know but it makes a difference. We did exactly what he said on our AK day and we were at the front of the rope for rope drop and I could show you a picture with hundreds of people behind me waiting. You have to allow time and get there to be at the front of rope drop!!!

But sorry it has been more crowded.

Before I begin my "halftime report" for today, I wish to address some of you who are quick to critique my methods for this particular trip.

Yes, I have had no choice but to deviate somewhat from TGM's park plans. While we've done our best to stay true to the listed "least crowded parks", I've had to forego TourGuideMike, in favor of the whims of TourGuideIn-Laws and TourGuideWifeAndKids. I don't have to deal with Mikey on a daily basis. The other people, however.....Well, you know.
But, don't think for a moment that I haven't been trying the plans. Sometimes, real life won't allow for strict plans, and we have to go with the flow....especially when it means not having to sleep on the couch for a week when I get home......

But, I digress. Onto today's mayhem.....

This morning, we had breakfast at Ohana, with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. It was very nice. The food was good, and the characters spent as much time as they could with us, although they were kinda rushed (not their fault, tho). The price was indeed better than CRT from last year, and the kids seemed to enjoy the characters a bit more. Yes, while they were a little rushed, they certainly weren't as rushed as the Princesses were last year. It also seemed like the characters really did want to come and say hello, and have fun with everyone. Great views from the Poly, and I got a few nice pix of the resort, even though I'd like to explore it a bit more. I totally want to stay there. On the monorail back, we passed the GF, where my DW said "I definitely want to stay there".

I totally agreed (and kept this in the back of my head for future trips.....teeheehee)

This morning wasn't too bad at MK. After doing POTC (yes, the hologram is still off-line), Jungle Cruise (with a pretty funny skipper whose name eludes me for the moment), driving the boats (..for $2..), Carpets of Aladdin, the Pirate Tutorial, Tiki Room (DS insisted), and having...my FIRST DOLE WHIP......we finally made it back to the room.

Today's crowds....not as bad as I expected. Still heavy, tho.

We may hit DTD for shopping later, or hit AK. (yep, outside of our original plans, I've pretty much abandoned TGM.) But...I'll tell ya about that when it happens......

I hear you about not being able to follow a strict pre-scheduled plan! Going with the flow can allow you to move at a slower pace and really enjoy yourself:thumbsup2 Thanks for these reports - they are great!

According to UG the crowd level all week is 7. So it looks like you should be experiencing less than summer crowds. We usually go in summer, so I'm really looking forward to the 4's and 5's for my trip!

I completely understand about the "family" factor when it comes to touring plans.

If I had to go to WDW (my happy place) with my in-laws, it would be a deal breaker! I'd rather lick my dog.

Hang in there!

And keep the reports coming, good stuff, very funny!

loving your trip report...you have a wonderfully entertaining writing style. And you sound like you're actually bearing up well amongst the crowds. Hope you're having a good time.

Your description of what happens when you trade TGM or UG for TG-in-laws & TGWife&Kids...well, that's why I don't go with extended family:lmao:

Have a lovely holiday:banana:

HI Dan!!

I wanted to take a sec and tell you how much I am appricialting your live TR!! We will be there this week NEXT year...it's nice to know that you're managing fine going against the TGM and UG grain...so to speak! I'm hoping to follow UG for the most part, but like you, it will be an extended family trip...1/2 of which are 1st timers. I know that at some point, my careful planning will go out the window. I'm excited to know that we'll survive:thumbsup2

Paula

Love your trip report. And the gracious but humorous way you are able to deflect criticisms. :rolleyes1

I am able to feel your joy (and pain). I always compare touring WDW with extended family to herding cats. It's especially fun when all 12 family members are in Mickey ponchos (along with 44,217 other visitors).

Thanks y'all. You guys are the reason why I'm posting...and the reason we all post like we do, I guess. G.I. Joe was right...knowing is indeed half the battle...

I've never tried UG, but I'm curious to see what the differences are. Perhaps for next time. (Next trip will be about 3 yrs or more away......possibly land/sea with cruise?)

heading out the door, stay tuned....

Loving your report Dan!!

This has to be the funniest and most true statement ever...

If I had to go to WDW (my happy place) with my in-laws, it would be a deal breaker! I'd rather lick my dog.

Tonight has been interesting, to say the least.....

....First off, in a move that seemed rather silly to me at first, AK had night time EMH....until 11pm! Of course, the only things that were open were:

-Camp Minnie-Mickey (char. greetings, and FOTLK)
- EE
- Kali (although NO ONE was on it!...too cold!)
- DinoLand's attractions (including Dinosaur)
- ITTBAB

Yes, even though a sign said that Primeval Whirl would be closed, they had it up and running (with a 60 min standby time) tonight.

The park, although lit, is quite DARK at night, as my DS so eloquently pointed out "IT'S DARK OUT HERE!"

Oh, it got worse from there.

We were standing in the beginning of the outside line at Dinosaur, when I realized we were behind a guy who'd had a colostomy (yep...bag and all), and seemed to be having an issue. This "issue" made a smell. DS (who, I remind you, is 5 yrs old), eventually got sick of the smell, and kindly let us all know by saying...

"OKAY, WHO KEEPS POOTIN'?"

.....because of this, I found out that Coca-Cola does indeed burn when it comes out of your nose. I'm just glad we were near the entrance, and the trash can....

ALMOST did lunch at the CS side of Yak and Yeti...until my family realized that they served chinese food. Needless to say, we headed straight to Restaurantosarus. I always enjoy the ambience in there. I like seeing the Dino Institute stuff on the walls (including the pics of Chester and Hester). If you haven't had a look, I recommend it.

As we left at about 9pm, I reveled in the fact that I had a brief moment on the bridge to Harambe.....and NOBODY ELSE WAS AROUND! I took a moment to lie on my back quickly, and then get up, to run back to my DW, DS, and DD, who had already disavowed all knowledge of who I was, and walking to the bus stop.

We hopped the bus to AKL, and took the DTD bus from there to do some quick shopping, and then head back to the hotel, with 2 sleepy kids.....

(YES, the inlaws didn't come with us on this leg. I don't know what they did......you can imagine my heartache....

...I need a hug....and sleep.....

...........in that order, would be best......)

Tomorrow is turkey day......Here's my plan:

AK in the AM

and, yes, we have a KAMIKAZE run into MK for thanksgiving dinner at CP.
(and yes, me without my machete)

keeping you posted as always.....

nitey nite :)

Your reviews are the best! I think I woke up my family laughing so loud at the POOTIN' comment :rotfl2:

Loving your report and I'm thrilled Primeval Whirl might actually be operational for my DS who's coming with his fiance on Saturday!!:cool1:

Thanks for the updates, it's been fun to read your day by day live report! :) Gobble till ya Wobble tomorrow!

Thanks for the live report. I can't sleep, since 3 (kids) that are legal drinking age, came home for thanksgiving and decided to talk really loud after bar hours and just woke me up.

I was there 2 weeks ago, and I am really starting to appreciate how nice it was to go at a slow time. I've been at WDW twice during Easter, so I paid my dues.

The halogram at Pirates was down when I was there, what the heck is up with that?''

You do know there are elevator's at POP?:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter