The story so far...

As others have said, thanks for taking the time out to write a great live report! I always enjoy reading reports that are live because it is like I'm right there with ya!

Get a good nights sleep tonight!!!

sooo funny - THANKS

didn't you hear us all screaming - "you can get the potato head at the Studios...right on the main street !!!"

Sunday morning
508am, EST
Gate 33
Orlando International Airport
Way Tired.
Kids driving me nuts.
They're way tired too.

I'm torn....
In a way, I don't want to go home
In another way, I can't wait to actually sleep in my own bed, without a kid's knees in my back.

But, oh.....yesterday.....where are my manners.....
let's talk about yesterday's events......

Yesterday started with me in the shower, ready for a split MK/Epcot day.

The family, however, had other plans.....and forgot to include me in them.

For some reason, the inlaws (remember them?) begged and pleaded for US to get a couple of the "build your own mr. potato head" sets for other family members. My first response to this, of course, is "you've had eight days, why couldn't YOU get them? We're kinda busy, ya know?" But, oh well.....

We actually get out to go to the buses for MK....AFTER rope drop (thanks to the inlaws.....the good news is that they left on DME shortly thereafter! YAAAAY!). On the way out, I noticed that while I did see many people departing and checking out this morning, there were more that stayed. And, it seemed that the entire existing population of the Pop Century went to Everything POP for breakfast.....I'd never seen it so crowded!

But, onto MK. With FastPasses, lines were manageable. Took the train around to the areas that we wanted to hit. For some reason, we ended up doing the Laugh Floor TWICE. Funny, of course.

For some reason, everyone else in my family thought "HEY, WE CAN GET THE POTATO HEADS AT PLACES OTHER THAN DTD AND AK!". So, their Quixotian quest began.....with me in tow, shaking my head, wondering why they don't just listen to me the first time........

....such is my life....

The best part about it, was that while I was trying to hide from the Clang-Clang Gang on Main St, DW had the nerve to come to me with surprise, saying "THEY DON'T HAVE IT HERE?!?!"

At this moment, the entirety of MK heard a huge SLAP. That was the result of my hand on my forehead.

By this point, it was lunchtime. I thought Cosmic Ray's would be a good idea, since we hadn't done it yet. While Ray's has a good layout for food selection, it makes for an awfully bad time when you're trying to find the rest of your party during a huge crowd, and trying to find a seat is next to impossible....

TIP: EAT AT RAY'S WAY LATE OR WAY EARLY DURING BUSY TIMES!

So....onto DTD? NO! Epcot? nope......DHS?!?!?! yessirree..... :headache:

By this time, the family is wanting to change our ressies from Le Cellier....
(insert another head smack)
At this point, I'm like "ok, fine, whatever". So, in keeping with the spirit of futility, I check DHS' TS restaurants for possible cancellations and availability....to no avail (just like I told them).

After a nice round in Star Tours (which quickly became DS' new favorite), we head for DTD......in yet another ADVENTURE IN GETTING FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER ON DISNEY PROPERTY!!! This time, just for a goof, we take the bus to OKW, then the boat to DTD. Slow? You bet! Nice? sure. Good for people in a rush? ......uuuuummmmmmmmmmm-NO.

SO, the rest of the fam goes off to fulfill our extended-family-tater-issues, while I go check us in....to Planet Hollywood.

Before I go any further, we did PH last year, and enjoyed it. The food was better than expected, the server was helpful, and the ambience was fun.

This year, not so much at all.

First, when I walked in, the music was WAAAAAAY too loud. You couldn't talk to the waiters, much less hear yourself think. Plus it really doesn't help when little kids are dining in a place where a DJ is playing Snoop Dogg. Yes, they had the DJ from hell. Now, those of you that know me know that I've done my share of spinning, both vinyl and cd. This guy..... his mix of music was terrible, way un-friendly for families with small children. I didn't know that PH had turned into the new place where PI's dance club refugees went.
The food was mediocre, and pretty much thrown at us by indifferent waiters.

It would seem that PH has done a complete 180. I hereby DO NOT recommend it anymore. Perhaps if the dance-club-turned-restaurant is what they want, tell PH to get out, and turn it into "Radio Disney Diner", or something. This way, I wouldn't have to worry about my 5 year old son singing "SEXY SEXY SEXY" with the music, or my 9 yr old daughter wanting to be just like the Pussycat Dolls.......

of course, that's just me.....

anyways, we pretty much RAN out of PH, and hit the bus back to POP with 2 tired kiddos. We hit the bus to look in the skies, and see the tail end of Illuminations.......a sort of strange way to end our trip, indeed...

SO, after about 3 hours of sleep, and the bus ride with DME to the airport, I find myself here, typing to you. Like every WDW trip, I've certainly enjoyed myself. Of course, when I get home, I'll take all of these posts. and create a much larger, official TRIP REPORT.

I would love it if all of you would read it. It will be much more fun, a little more detailed, and be more entertaining and meaningful.

It will also come after I've had a bit more sleep.

But, for now, it's time to board. See ya......and thanks again, Mickey!
You can actually get the fill a box of mr.potato head parts at MouseGear in Epcot and you wouldn't have had to give up your coveted LeCellier reservation! :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter