"The Stormtrooper Killed My Cupcake!" - An August 2016 TR *5/12 x2!*

Our chef was great and in the end, Marie and I even got some special green tea cake like everyone else for our anniversary.

That's adorable!

As you could see from the picture the line was pretty crazy.

067_zpsumcem7jf.jpg

oh my goodness my grandmother used to have that horse rocker thing when she was alive! I'm sure my mother has it in storage somewhere but it caught my eye as I was scrolling and I had to go back and look. That's one thing I do love about the newer bits of the Norway pavilion - they're more generically "Scandinavian" but there are so many touches that remind me of my childhood with two strongly Swedish grandparents and I love it.

This is everything I want in life.

056_zpsh6zr02rc.jpg

This was actually our natural faces too, as we'd forgotten the fact that there was a ride photo here. So, no case of posing in this instance. Just our genuine faces.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Okay, THAT is hilarious! So funny!

I had the same thoughts on the "new" ride. What a disappointment. :( Maelstrom was... cool. This one is.... advertisement. Sorry, not a fan.

I hope everyone had a good holiday season. Marie and I did visiting my family in Michigan and then her family back here in Quebec afterward. Of course, my nephew got us sick, so that was less fun but we're better now.

T
We stopped at the wishing well though to take a picture.

And then we stopped to get a picture on the bridge with the Castle.

I've got a little bit of a rant here too, that I just want to warn about. So, Marie and I are wearing buttons that proclaim our anniversary, so clearly we're a couple.

I mention this because in front of us there is a straight couple. No buttons, nothing special. They take their regular standing picture and then he instructs them to start doing these really cutesy couple poses, with kissing and with like staring at each other, etc.

Then we get up there, he asks about our buttons and he takes these three pictures:

Continued in next post

Just wanted to chime in that I had the same experience with my fiance and it really bothered us both. We were in Epcot, in Paris... all the straight couples got cute kissing photos, and he asked us to do a silly pose. (we had engagement rings and buttons on, just like you.) I would love that picture from Epcot, except every time I look at it I wish it were a romantic photo, instead of a silly one! Usually Disney is pretty cool about these things but I feel like cast members are afraid of accidentally insinuating you're in a couple or something... Anyway, I totally empathize.

just found your tread today and got all caught up it is so much fun sharing in your trip I am enjoying it. I would also like to wish you a very belated anniversary glad you got to celebrate it in such a great way.

Just started following along (and getting caught up) and am also following Marie's TR for your unexpected weekend away! It's always exciting to "meet" other Canadian (and honorary Canadian) Disney people on here. I grew up in New Brunswick, so I have a lot of French-Canadian friends, but our french is a bit different (worse?? haha) than Quebec french. There was a point in my life I was certified bilingual, but I find it's one of those you-don't-use-it-and-you-lose-it kinda things. Cool that you girls are in Montreal. My DF is an artist and travels a lot as a vendor at cons/shows/etc, and he was in Montreal not too long ago. Funny that they didn't even attempt your province at Liberty Tree...we just got "Canada" when we ate there, too. Once in a while people know where Montreal is, but usually we're out of luck living on the east coast. Typically when we go to the States it's rare for people to be familiar with any Canadian cities except Toronto and Vancouver... We had a guy on our last Disney trip when we said we lived a few hours above Maine ask if we were from Halifax, and we were sooo taken aback...like, actually, yeah! We are! :P

Sorry about your poor experience with photopass photographers treating straight couples differently! You'd like to think that you wouldn't come across that at Disney... :S You have to wonder if they discourage having their photographers do cute affectionate couples' shots with LGBTQ couples because they're worried about other hateful guests in line making a scene about it or something, or if they're worried about offending two straight people by assuming they're together, etc...but either way, it shouldn't matter, because it would be those hateful guests who should change their attitudes, and it shouldn't be offensive to the two straight people anyway, so I'm at a loss... haha. Anyway, not cool.

We're heading to WDW in August for our wedding this year. We're prepared for rain and thunderstorms, and crossing our fingers for no major hurricanes. I haven't been in summer since I was just a kid, and DF's never been in summer. Any tips for dealing with the heat?

Can't wait to read more!

I love Beymax. Our hug photo did not turn out as good as yours.
Baymax is the best. Aww, you'll just have to meet him again to get better pictures.

This, though!!!! LOL! Totally awesome!
Thank you! We were pretty amused when we saw the picture later.

Glad you got to experience Frozen Ever After - I think we liked it a bit more than you - but you can tell it is just an overlay of Maelstrom. My though is that given the decision to do the ride in that location as an overlay did they did about as well as could be expected - but definitely not some great new amazing experience
Yeah, there are a lot of people who like it better than we did. We thought it was cute, but exactly what you said holds true. It's not a great, new experience.

Do love your ride photo as you both seem to be thinking "what the what?"
That's pretty much what I was thinking :P

Fully agree about how great all the detail in the queue for meeting A&E is!
They did a great job and I think it makes it even better to have them meeting in Epcot as opposed to Magic Kingdom where they were just a part of PFH and it was all general themed.

Bummer about the $20 - totally agree that with your clearly marked mousekeeping envelope they shouldn't have also taken the $20
At least they sorted it out and we'll be better about it in the future to keep that from happening.

That's cool you got to meet one of your readers - and right after she got engaged!
It was unexpected and awesome, for sure.

Great picture of you two hugging Baymax!
Thanks!

That's adorable!
It was a nice surprise.

oh my goodness my grandmother used to have that horse rocker thing when she was alive! I'm sure my mother has it in storage somewhere but it caught my eye as I was scrolling and I had to go back and look. That's one thing I do love about the newer bits of the Norway pavilion - they're more generically "Scandinavian" but there are so many touches that remind me of my childhood with two strongly Swedish grandparents and I love it.
That is so cool! I feel like they do a lot to make things authentic and it's awesome to know that those are real decorations, even if they aren't from Norway exactly.

This is everything I want in life.
It was pretty delicious.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Okay, THAT is hilarious! So funny!

I had the same thoughts on the "new" ride. What a disappointment. :( Maelstrom was... cool. This one is.... advertisement. Sorry, not a fan.
I'm glad that it provides so much amusement for people :P

I do think the technology was cool but that was literally the only thing it had going for it and it's not enough.

Just wanted to chime in that I had the same experience with my fiance and it really bothered us both. We were in Epcot, in Paris... all the straight couples got cute kissing photos, and he asked us to do a silly pose. (we had engagement rings and buttons on, just like you.) I would love that picture from Epcot, except every time I look at it I wish it were a romantic photo, instead of a silly one! Usually Disney is pretty cool about these things but I feel like cast members are afraid of accidentally insinuating you're in a couple or something... Anyway, I totally empathize.
I am so sorry that you had the same experience :( I agree that a fun picture can be good, but it does sting when you get the different treatment. I can understand being a bit hesitant to call someone a couple but you'd have to be hesitant for gays and straights and I don't find that to be the case. Any time a male and female are together they're assumed to be dating and even when it's obvious that a same sex pairing is a couple they're not treated like it. So annoying and frustrating. Hopefully things change more and more with time.

just found your tread today and got all caught up it is so much fun sharing in your trip I am enjoying it. I would also like to wish you a very belated anniversary glad you got to celebrate it in such a great way.
:welcome: I'm glad you're here and enjoying it! And thank you! It was really great and I hope we get to do it again someday.

Just started following along (and getting caught up) and am also following Marie's TR for your unexpected weekend away! It's always exciting to "meet" other Canadian (and honorary Canadian) Disney people on here. I grew up in New Brunswick, so I have a lot of French-Canadian friends, but our french is a bit different (worse?? haha) than Quebec french. There was a point in my life I was certified bilingual, but I find it's one of those you-don't-use-it-and-you-lose-it kinda things. Cool that you girls are in Montreal. My DF is an artist and travels a lot as a vendor at cons/shows/etc, and he was in Montreal not too long ago. Funny that they didn't even attempt your province at Liberty Tree...we just got "Canada" when we ate there, too. Once in a while people know where Montreal is, but usually we're out of luck living on the east coast. Typically when we go to the States it's rare for people to be familiar with any Canadian cities except Toronto and Vancouver... We had a guy on our last Disney trip when we said we lived a few hours above Maine ask if we were from Halifax, and we were sooo taken aback...like, actually, yeah! We are! :P

Sorry about your poor experience with photopass photographers treating straight couples differently! You'd like to think that you wouldn't come across that at Disney... :S You have to wonder if they discourage having their photographers do cute affectionate couples' shots with LGBTQ couples because they're worried about other hateful guests in line making a scene about it or something, or if they're worried about offending two straight people by assuming they're together, etc...but either way, it shouldn't matter, because it would be those hateful guests who should change their attitudes, and it shouldn't be offensive to the two straight people anyway, so I'm at a loss... haha. Anyway, not cool.

We're heading to WDW in August for our wedding this year. We're prepared for rain and thunderstorms, and crossing our fingers for no major hurricanes. I haven't been in summer since I was just a kid, and DF's never been in summer. Any tips for dealing with the heat?

Can't wait to read more!
:welcome: I'm so glad have you here! Canadians (and Canadian inhabitants!) unite!

Ooh yeah, I can see how the bilingual thing would be a problem. Learning French is difficult and without practicing it I know I'd lose the small amount of it that I have.

I've always wanted to go to Halifax. I did a project on it in 6th grade, so I would have known before becoming a part of Canadian society. Maybe this guy did a project on Halifax too :P Or maybe he's just very well traveled in Canada. But yeah, I doubt the LTT people know about most Canadian places which is a little bit of a bummer, since we gave them a city they could at least say it with the country.

Yeah, I feel like it's just a problem that shouldn't be a problem anymore. Like I know society has actually changed quite rapidly, but it still seems a bit ridiculous. No matter the reasoning for the photographer's attitude, I just don't enjoy it. Hopefully, if/when we go back to celebrate a romantic thing again we won't have the same problems because, you know, it just leaves a bitter taste.

Congrats on your marriage! That is super exciting! So you're actually getting married at Disney? That's like the dream :) I hope that it all goes beautifully, though I'm sure that it will. As for rain, it wasn't unbearable while we were there, but yeah, being prepared for it is definitely a good idea. I'll cross my fingers for you that it doesn't get too crazy.

As for the heat, all I can say is take breaks during the hottest part of the day. You can do this in your room, or just find a cool place that will allow you to break. So, having a table service lunch, seeing a show like Festival of the Lion King, or doing lengthy dark rides will keep you feeling good. Personally, I vote for lots of resort breaks during the afternoon, pools are great or even just relaxing in the room. Bookending days worked relay well for us and made us enjoy or vacation because we had that time to just chill.

I hope to update again this week, now that I've finished my first nursing exam! School does not make it easy, but hopefully you'll stick around :)

I've always wanted to go to Halifax. I did a project on it in 6th grade, so I would have known before becoming a part of Canadian society.

Halifax is small, but it's friendly, and really nice in the summer. If you ever visit make sure to look us up!

Congrats on your marriage! That is super exciting! So you're actually getting married at Disney? That's like the dream :)

Thanks! Yes, we're getting married at the Canada pavilion in Epcot. And we're getting pretty psyched about it! It'll be a small wedding (<20), but I love how intimate it'll be, and Disney is just the most magical venue possible! We got engaged on our last WDW trip so it seemed right.

As for the heat, all I can say is take breaks during the hottest part of the day. You can do this in your room, or just find a cool place that will allow you to break. So, having a table service lunch, seeing a show like Festival of the Lion King, or doing lengthy dark rides will keep you feeling good. Personally, I vote for lots of resort breaks during the afternoon, pools are great or even just relaxing in the room. Bookending days worked relay well for us and made us enjoy or vacation because we had that time to just chill.

Thanks for the tips! We've had good luck with the resort-afternoon-break in past, so I think we'll aim for that as much as possible.

I hope to update again this week, now that I've finished my first nursing exam! School does not make it easy, but hopefully you'll stick around :)

I have friends in nursing programs here who have had crazy wild workloads and tough classes, so I can imagine what you're up against. Congrats on finishing your exam. Looking forward to the next update. :)

Nah, been there and done that. Not going back.

That good, huh?

Now now, you're beautiful too. Just not Spaceship Earth beautiful.

No one is.... No one.

You just need wifi to make it work so we were able to play along :P

Oh! Okay, I'm in, then.

I'm glad no one sees me as a monster.

:laughing: Nahh.... all good.

Classic Canadians

:rolleyes2

Of course, I speak from my mindset. Maybe some people like it, but I was always go go go on the job.

I get that. I've been in that position. "Just spit it out! Things to do!"

We purposefully have avoided the sides because we've heard that. But I can understand the CGI complaint, it was fairly obvious here and there.

Yeah.
I didn't know it was CGI when I first saw it... right up until the very first moments with the polar bears. I immediately thought "What the heck? They don't move like that!" And that was kinda it for me.

So, originally I'd planned to update this last weekend. However, instead Marie and I ended up taking a last minute trip to Disney instead and therefore I was far too busy to update this TR.

Oh, you know. Just a last minute trip to Disney. No biggie...

I think I would've chosen to update, but that's just me.

:rolleyes1

Day 4, Part 2: "Free cake? Yes, please."

What's better than cake? Free cake.

Sure, it's slow but it does get you out of the sun.

::yes:: Saves on feet, too.

As usual, we were headed to our favorite place in all of Epcot for food.

034_zpsqljnhili.jpg

Teppan Edo.

Took DD there. We really enjoyed it.

Our chef was great and in the end, Marie and I even got some special green tea cake like everyone else for our anniversary.

Nice!

It was surprisingly good. Neither of us really likes tea so we weren't sure what to expect, but we both found it super yummy.

Interesting. I thought the same.
"Green tea? I don't like tea."

We did stop to pin trade at the DVC stand and chatted for quite a while. In fact, we decided that we'd go ahead and take a tour after we were offered a $50 gift card to do just that.

Something I may never do. I'm usually pretty packed with the scheduling.

We did decide to take a stop in Germany though.

042_zpspmv2z4kl.jpg

I should hope so!!

Of course our destination was Norway.

Figured as much.

As you could see from the picture the line was pretty crazy.

::yes:: Was the same when I was there.

Even in the fastpass queue we ended up waiting about 20 minutes to get onto the ride.

Yep. Sounds about right.

Then again, it kind of has to be. In the whole time we were in our fastpass line, the standby line didn't move at all. That's 20 whole minutes that the standby was doing literally just that, standing by.

That was my experience also.
Why on Earth would you stand in line that long for a ride??

In fact, this is how our ride photo came out.

055_zpst5wi2nzz.jpg

:lmao: You guys look like you're having a blast!!!

Yeah, we went to actually meet Anna and Elsa.

Do they still meet there?

20 minutes. No fastpass option either. So, to actually meet the princesses we were spending less time in line than we'd spent in the fastpass line for Frozen Ever After.

Huh! I know of one woman who waited 8 hours to see them.

072_zpsbu0ilwv8.jpg

I love this picture because there is just so much going on between the three of us.

::yes:: Love that pic too.

She noticed our buttons and asked us if we were love experts, which was nice.

Much better than that PP photog.

Afterward, we went out to catch our bus and waited about 10 minutes for one to show.

Not bad for middle of the day.

Marie got off at the South Depot to stop and pick up a package and I got off at the East Depot to stop by the room and get her mug.

Good planning.

Maybe sometime we'll do a carriage ride at Port Orleans, I bet it's beautiful.

We did it... but that was over 10 years ago... and I hardly remember.
But I do remember that we enjoyed it.

We stopped by the marina to pin trade at the board located there (something we did every day) and were approached by none other than @abarriger who was checking out but wanted to tell us she read our trip reports and that she'd just gotten engaged to her then girlfriend! It was so nice to be able to meet her and have a quick chat.

Nice! Mini DISmeet.

When we got into the room we discovered that I'd made a mistake that morning. See, I'd taken out some money and I'd ended up leaving $20 sitting on the dresser, which was gone when we got back.

Whoops.

Marie broke open her chocolate caramel rice krispie treat and I just kicked back and rested.

That thing is sooooo good... And so big! Did you have some?

After a couple of hours, we made our way to the lobby, explained the $20 situation and ended up with a room credit for the amount (and an internal reminder to make sure to always put money away).

I never would've thought of that. I just would've chalked it up to lessons learned.

The line only took about 15 minutes before we reached the front, at which point we were told we had to remove all of our pins and backpacks because he was so fragile.

Makes sense.

092_zpsrfcfoety.jpg

Everyone, hugging Baymax is an experience I wish for all.

Awwwwww....

Halifax is small, but it's friendly, and really nice in the summer. If you ever visit make sure to look us up!
Will do! Hopefully some summer we'll have the time and plans will work out.

Thanks! Yes, we're getting married at the Canada pavilion in Epcot. And we're getting pretty psyched about it! It'll be a small wedding (<20), but I love how intimate it'll be, and Disney is just the most magical venue possible! We got engaged on our last WDW trip so it seemed right.
Oh my goodness! That's incredible and so awesome <3 Getting married in the Canada pavilion would be a total dream, so I'm sure it'll be beautiful.

Thanks for the tips! We've had good luck with the resort-afternoon-break in past, so I think we'll aim for that as much as possible.
I think it'll work out well for you, or I hope so. I don't want to give faulty advice.

I have friends in nursing programs here who have had crazy wild workloads and tough classes, so I can imagine what you're up against. Congrats on finishing your exam. Looking forward to the next update. :)
Well I did not accomplish any of what I set forth to do. Life has been pretty crazy, but I'll explain that. Hopefully you'll still enjoy updates even now :)

That good, huh?
Yup.

Oh! Okay, I'm in, then.
Makes that standby wait all the more fun.

I get that. I've been in that position. "Just spit it out! Things to do!"
Exactly.

Yeah.
I didn't know it was CGI when I first saw it... right up until the very first moments with the polar bears. I immediately thought "What the heck? They don't move like that!" And that was kinda it for me.
It was disappointing to realize how heavily CGI based it was, for sure.

No one is.... No one.
Uh? Marie is. But she's like an exception.

Oh, you know. Just a last minute trip to Disney. No biggie...

I think I would've chosen to update, but that's just me.

:rolleyes1
Well I'm very selfish.

What's better than cake? Free cake.
Lots of free cake.

::yes:: Saves on feet, too.
Very true.

Took DD there. We really enjoyed it.
I'm glad, I hear people often do.

It was great.

Interesting. I thought the same.
"Green tea? I don't like tea."
But yet, it was so yummy. Funny how that works out.

Something I may never do. I'm usually pretty packed with the scheduling.
Yeah, it only works for people with down time scheduled in.

::yes:: Was the same when I was there.
It's too much, imo.

Yep. Sounds about right.
The crazy truth.

That was my experience also.
Why on Earth would you stand in line that long for a ride??
And for a ride that isn't even that amazing.

:lmao: You guys look like you're having a blast!!!
Oh yeah, we were.

Do they still meet there?
Yup, that's their new meet.

Huh! I know of one woman who waited 8 hours to see them.
Why would anyone ever do that? I mean, I can't justify 8 hours under any circumstance.

::yes:: Love that pic too.
Thank you!

Much better than that PP photog.
For real.

Not bad for middle of the day.
It was really lucky.

We did it... but that was over 10 years ago... and I hardly remember.
But I do remember that we enjoyed it.
It does seem like it'd be really nice from what I've heard of it.

Nice! Mini DISmeet.
It was unexpected and sweet.

That thing is sooooo good... And so big! Did you have some?
I think I had a bite, maybe a piece, but it wasn't something that I really loved. I prefer mickey rice krispies with m&ms.

I never would've thought of that. I just would've chalked it up to lessons learned.
You know the USD/CAD exchange rate. So, it was like a huge bummer with $20, it was like losing $25. Plus, had we not had the envelope we would have done the same, but in that case we felt it was pretty obvious.

Makes sense.
It'd be really traumatic for all if Baymax was to pop.

Real Life Update

Obviously it's been a while since I updated here and there's been a reason for it. My life has been very hectic since the last update. As anyone who has read past trip reports might know, I do suffer from depression and I believe in being honest about life with a mental illness as it's still very stigmatized. My depression has been at all time highs over the past couple of months, making it not desirable for me to update this report (among many other things, not being desirable).

Part of this came from the nursing program. Not only is a very stressful program, but I hated it. I had no passion for what I was doing. Which is why, I have quit the nursing program. As a result, my mental health has started to improve, because I am no longer spending my time doing things I hate and working so hard for a career I don't really want. Hopefully, my mental health continues to stay on track because my certainty over this choice to put my happiness and health first improves more and more every day.

I have a lot of respect for the people who are continuing on in the program and I will miss quite a few of them. I still am likely to finish out the school year doing my general education classes but after that I'm looking into possibly going into travel. Maybe being a travel agent, as I've thought about that a lot.

Without the stress of nursing, I should hopefully get back into the swing of updating this TR again.

If you're still around to read this, I want to thank you for being here.

We're getting much closer to our next trip, only 49 days now and I'm remarkably excited. I don't know if I'll finish this TR before then, but maybe?

Thanks again for reading these rambles and now, back to the trip.

Uh? Marie is. But she's like an exception.

Perfect answer. :)

Well I'm very selfish.

Would Marie say that? Hmmmm????

Ask her. Lemme know.

Lots of free cake.

Copious amounts.

Yeah, it only works for people with down time scheduled in.

What is this "down time" that you speak of?

Why would anyone ever do that? I mean, I can't justify 8 hours under any circumstance.

Parents will go to great lengths for their children.

Or TR writers for their readers..... :rolleyes1

I think I had a bite, maybe a piece, but it wasn't something that I really loved. I prefer mickey rice krispies with m&ms.

Actually, my favourite is just plain rice krispie treats.

You know the USD/CAD exchange rate.

:headache:

Yes!

It'd be really traumatic for all if Baymax was to pop.

Can you imagine the scene?
Parents running from the area holding screaming, crying kids...

I do suffer from depression and I believe in being honest about life with a mental illness as it's still very stigmatized. My depression has been at all time highs over the past couple of months, making it not desirable for me to update this report (among many other things, not being desirable).

Awww... I'm sorry to hear you've had such a long low Amber. :hug:

Part of this came from the nursing program. Not only is a very stressful program, but I hated it.

Ugh. Not a good combination.
I've been in that exact same place.
When I got out of high school, I was so sure what I wanted to do.

Apparently, I was only about 100% wrong.

I had no passion for what I was doing. Which is why, I have quit the nursing program. As a result, my mental health has started to improve, because I am no longer spending my time doing things I hate and working so hard for a career I don't really want.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better!
I strongly suspect you will find yourself looking back and confirming that you did indeed make the right decision.
At least it certainly appears that way to me with my limited info.

Hopefully, my mental health continues to stay on track because my certainty over this choice to put my happiness and health first improves more and more every day.

Good! Looks like it's paying off already! :goodvibes

If you're still around to read this, I want to thank you for being here.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get here. But I did!

Accidentally uploaded the wrong thing.

Here too. I forgot how days work.

Yikes. Imma fix this tomorrow.

:laughing: Sorry, but that cracks me up.

Good for you for listening to your gut and doing what's best for you! I know it couldn't have been an easy decision. I hope your mental health continues to improve and you're feeling stronger and more motivated by your new choices every day! And, speaking from experience, there's nothing like an upcoming Disney trip to be a bright spot in a hard place! I'll be happily waiting for your next updates whenever you're ready.

Perfect answer. :)
I try.

Would Marie say that? Hmmmm????

Ask her. Lemme know.
"I don't know." But right now she's not thinking about the fact that I make her FP Winnie the Pooh every trip.

Copious amounts.
Right.

What is this "down time" that you speak of?
It's a strange concept where people plan to just hang at the resort. Marie and I are only now onto it. We enjoy it.

Parents will go to great lengths for their children.

Or TR writers for their readers..... :rolleyes1
Fair :P But I'd tell my children they were sick.

Actually, my favourite is just plain rice krispie treats.
Everything is better Mickey shaped!

It needs to improve. I don't enjoy this.

Awww... I'm sorry to hear you've had such a long low Amber. :hug:
Thank you :hug:

Ugh. Not a good combination.
I've been in that exact same place.
When I got out of high school, I was so sure what I wanted to do.

Apparently, I was only about 100% wrong.
I'm always glad to hear that I'm not the only one making this mistake of being sure of what I want to realize later it's not what I want at all.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better!
I strongly suspect you will find yourself looking back and confirming that you did indeed make the right decision.
At least it certainly appears that way to me with my limited info.
I really hope so. It's a bit early to be 100% certain of anything still, but the fact that I am feeling better is for sure.

Good! Looks like it's paying off already! :goodvibes
It definitely is.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get here. But I did!
No worries :P We all have lives. I need to start catching up on other people's TRs now too.

:laughing: Sorry, but that cracks me up.
I totally forgot that I had to finish the last bit of Day 4, so I just jumped into Day 5. Gotta fix that today.

Good for you for listening to your gut and doing what's best for you! I know it couldn't have been an easy decision. I hope your mental health continues to improve and you're feeling stronger and more motivated by your new choices every day! And, speaking from experience, there's nothing like an upcoming Disney trip to be a bright spot in a hard place! I'll be happily waiting for your next updates whenever you're ready.
Thank you so much. It means a lot to hear positive words from others (not that there have been many people who have doubted my decision, but it was a huge fear of mine that people would think less of me for leaving the program.

Disney is looking to be a bright spot for sure. I can't wait to be back in the magic!

Glad you did what is good for you <3 don't worry about the TR, it'll always be here :)
Thank you, Elle. I hope it won't always be here though :P Someday I'd like to finish it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!