The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

Your villa will have a TV. As for a restaurant/bar, Zimmies may be the only one open that late.
Thanks. I called the front desk and they said the 3 bars should have it on. I think they close at 11 on the weekends. I’ll check it out when we get there- if not we will head out to Disney springs.

Thanks. I called the front desk and they said the 3 bars should have it on. I think they close at 11 on the weekends. I’ll check it out when we get there- if not we will head out to Disney springs.
Another alternative could be Bahama Breeze, which is right across 535 from the Sheraton. A few years ago, my dd and sil watched the Super Bowl there and had good time.

That’s a good idea!!
I would call to confirm what, if anything, they're doing for the WS, and the time they're open until. DEFINITELY get the jerk spiced wings! We love them!
I really think Disney Springs will be PACKED! It can be really busy on a regular Saturday night, let alone a special sporting event.
There's also City Walk, if you feel like going up I4 a bit. I do think they'll have more bar options for the game.

Hi all, we are headed to the resort soon. Does anyone know if the upper hot tubs located at the Fountains pool is open yet? Thanks!

I managed to book two different reservations for a 2 bedroom - Dec 16-23 (via owner using Interval) and Dec 23-30 (via Redweek) for SVR. I now need 3 nights from Dec 30-Jan 2. Most places I see only list a week for SVR - any suggestions on where to look for just a few nights? I am really hoping not to have to move.

December 30 - January 2 is pretty booked right now. Normally I’d say you can just stalk the marriott website, if you check every day you might be able to snag a reservation. If you are a Marriott silver member or a AAA member you can get the room at a discounted rate.

I managed to book two different reservations for a 2 bedroom - Dec 16-23 (via owner using Interval) and Dec 23-30 (via Redweek) for SVR. I now need 3 nights from Dec 30-Jan 2. Most places I see only list a week for SVR - any suggestions on where to look for just a few nights? I am really hoping not to have to move.
Agree with @AnnaKristoff2013, pretty much the only way you will get days only reservations is through a hotel type stay direct from Marriot or a hotel booking site. Another option is to book another week and toss the last four days. That actually might be less expensive than paying 3 nights hotel stay. Points owners can also book partial weeks, but not until close to the date, and it is highly unlikely there will be availability for that kind of booking over the holidays.

ETA: a quick check on Marriott and the 30/31st aren't available, but to book the 3 nights from Jan 1-4 would set you back over $1700. Not sure what the week would go for, but probably not too far off that.

Last edited:
Be sure to call or email them to link your reservations so hopefully you will be in the same unit.

Good morning everyone. We will be heading back to this wonderful resort for the 4th time on December 30th. Very excited to be heading back.
We only have experience staying in the Cascades section, usually building 3 and this location has been great for us as we have avid swimmers and basketball players, so the proximity to the Cascades pool and basketball court worked for us.
This trip, I’m tempted to try another location, @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina, your pictures and updates of Fountains 1 has me intrigued. I placed a request for this section and am wondering if the Fountains 1 section also has a basketball court? A quick google maps search shows a view of what looks like a court, but I figured asking the experts here would be best.
If anyone has specific building recommendations to be close to pool, playground and basketball court in this section please share away 😀 I understand our requests are simply that, but we’ll keep our fingers crossed.
Also, any ideas on New Year’s Eve/day festivities? How far in advance does their activities calendar come out?

We LOOOVE Fountains 1.we were there fro 2 weeks in June. I can send you what I sent to Josh for my requests, which were all fulfilled. Pond view, 3rd floor, not on main road. We walked by the basketball court on our way to the pool and the Tacky atiki Bar more importantly.

We LOOOVE Fountains 1.we were there fro 2 weeks in June. I can send you what I sent to Josh for my requests, which were all fulfilled. Pond view, 3rd floor, not on main road. We walked by the basketball court on our way to the pool and the Tacky atiki Bar more importantly.
Wonderful feedback. I’m so excited to hopefully experience the other side. I’m glad to hear there are basketball courts in that side. If we do get placed there, it’ll save us from having to trek to the south side.

Good morning everyone. We will be heading back to this wonderful resort for the 4th time on December 30th. Very excited to be heading back.
We only have experience staying in the Cascades section, usually building 3 and this location has been great for us as we have avid swimmers and basketball players, so the proximity to the Cascades pool and basketball court worked for us.
This trip, I’m tempted to try another location, @Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina, your pictures and updates of Fountains 1 has me intrigued. I placed a request for this section and am wondering if the Fountains 1 section also has a basketball court? A quick google maps search shows a view of what looks like a court, but I figured asking the experts here would be best.
If anyone has specific building recommendations to be close to pool, playground and basketball court in this section please share away 😀 I understand our requests are simply that, but we’ll keep our fingers crossed.
Also, any ideas on New Year’s Eve/day festivities? How far in advance does their activities calendar come out?

Fountains I is adjacent to the Lakes section .... those two areas are literally side by side. Between them, they have some great amenities ... including a basketball court, two different playgrounds, two hot tubs, and two pools.

The Fountains Pool is my favorite on property. It has a great deep section in the middle, which is ideal for older kids and adults. Combine that with the in-water volleyball nets, the waterfall feature, and the proximity to the Tiki Bar, and it's a win. It tends to be a little more "chill" on the Fountains side, as many young families tend to gravitate toward the Cascade pools with the splash fountains, or the Falls pool with the kiddie slide.

I also prefer the Fountains hot tubs to any other on property, as they are tucked away behind the waterfall so they feel a little more secluded and peaceful. They aren't huge, but there are two of them and they are staggered (one upper, one lower, separated by a small set of stairs).

The Lakes pool is a super short walk from the Fountains pool, and is zero entry. We have always found its super quiet there too, so if the Fountains pool feels busy you can easily escape over there.

If you request to be close to the Fountains pool, any of those buildings will put you in excellent proximity to all the recreation areas in Fountains 1. Have a great stay!

Fountains I is adjacent to the Lakes section .... those two areas are literally side by side. Between them, they have some great amenities ... including a basketball court, two different playgrounds, two hot tubs, and two pools.

The Fountains Pool is my favorite on property. It has a great deep section in the middle, which is ideal for older kids and adults. Combine that with the in-water volleyball nets, the waterfall feature, and the proximity to the Tiki Bar, and it's a win. It tends to be a little more "chill" on the Fountains side, as many young families tend to gravitate toward the Cascade pools with the splash fountains, or the Falls pool with the kiddie slide.

I also prefer the Fountains hot tubs to any other on property, as they are tucked away behind the waterfall so they feel a little more secluded and peaceful. They aren't huge, but there are two of them and they are staggered (one upper, one lower, separated by a small set of stairs).

The Lakes pool is a super short walk from the Fountains pool, and is zero entry. We have always found its super quiet there too, so if the Fountains pool feels busy you can easily escape over there.

If you request to be close to the Fountains pool, any of those buildings will put you in excellent proximity to all the recreation areas in Fountains 1. Have a great stay!
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the details. Super excited to jump into the water. We’re coming from Quebec, so even 65 degrees will feel tropical in December haha!

We just got back from staying in Fountains and can also confirm that it is a great section (the rooms are all refurbished), and we loved it.

We just got back from staying in Fountains and can also confirm that it is a great section (the rooms are all refurbished), and we loved it.
Yay! Can’t wait. Thank you for the feedback.
Did you spend much time at the resort during the day? If so, were any kid games, activities, etc, hosted at the fountains pool?

Yay! Can’t wait. Thank you for the feedback.
Did you spend much time at the resort during the day? If so, were any kid games, activities, etc, hosted at the fountains pool?
Our stay was unusual as it was impacted by Tropical Storm Nicole (which they handled very well), so the pools were closed for a couple of days. On the days the pools ere open there did seem to be activities going on, yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter