The September 2019 Trip Reports Thread

Just made it back from MK. Crowds weren't too bad. We had a nice spot on the hub, in front of the castle. HEA was a little disappointing. Tink didn't fly. (There was no wind, so I'm not sure why). Several fireworks misfired and one of the lasers was out. Nothing horrible and 1st timers never would have noticed, but a little disappointing when you know what it should be.

I had a first tonight. The big boat stopped at WL on the way back from MK. I hope this isn't a sign of what will happen when Reflections opens.

Some good news though. The "ShoeTree" is still there. Someone was asking recently. Pics below. And the comfort station in 2100 loop is very nice. Clean, well kept. Someone had posted recently they had found the CS' in less than Disney condition.

I checked out the construction zone for Reflections. Some interesting observations on the tree line that remains and some hope that the intrusion into the Fort won't be as bad as the plans indicate. I'll post more pics tomorrow, including the new (original) beach. It looks pretty nice and big.

20190907_193714-1008x567.jpg

20190907_193709-1008x567.jpg

j

Morning folks! Well after a 16 hour drive Friday and a 10 hour drive yesterday, we made it home! Pulled into site 309 at 5:20pm. Took a while to back in and set up. Then headed out to Disney Springs to get dinner and some groceries at Walmart. Get to enjoy some Fort time looping this morning before heading to MK around 11:30

FYI PJs refillable cup machine is out so you have to go to meadows trading post to get your cup.

We don't bother with the refillable mugs at the Fort, too much trouble. But we are not pool people so not much of a benefit for us.

Kim and CinderellaGirl,

We came by on the golf cart. No body was out. @cinderellagirl2280 We chalked your drive! I don't think you'll miss it.

Heading to MNSSHP tonight. Ohana for breakfast tomorrow morning. We'll make another swing by tomorrow sometime.

j
Oh bummer! Sorry we missed you! We did a lot of pool time and then headed to GF for some shopping (totally underestimated the time it took us to get on a monorail heading home - they were packed with people heading to the party!)

Relaxing on the beach waiting for our fireworks cruise. Dozens of large birds over Discovery Island. I've never seen that many down here. There were 2 big sitting on the fence by the water and 2 black birds on one of the pontoon boats. I was a little concerned Alfred Hitchcock was haunting the place.
Not sure how this will show in a compressed pic.

20190909_191725-1612x907.jpg

20190909_192008-1612x907.jpg

20190909_191753-1612x907.jpg

Last edited:
We are sitting at MCO waiting for our flight home. As always, leaving is bittersweet. Knowing we already have another trip booked for next year makes this easier.

We did have a little fun this morning. Ian wanted to find the old railroad tracks, so we jumped on the bus to the Settlement and walked back up between the 700 and 800 loops.

20190910_124610-567x1008.jpg

Here they are. Still obvious after almost 50 years.

This was our lovely ride back. It's nice to leave the driving to someone else.

20190910_135641-1008x567.jpg

j

We are sitting at MCO waiting for our flight home. As always, leaving is bittersweet. Knowing we already have another trip booked for next year makes this easier.

We did have a little fun this morning. Ian wanted to find the old railroad tracks, so we jumped on the bus to the Settlement and walked back up between the 700 and 800 loops.

View attachment 434783

Here they are. Still obvious after almost 50 years.

This was our lovely ride back. It's nice to leave the driving to someone else.

View attachment 434784

j

Jim,

I realize this was a quick trip for you. After you get home, don't forget to tell/show us about the construction zone for R and the new beach that you mentioned in post #62.

Thanks, ED

No worries, Ed.

I took a lot of pics from the boats. I want to see what they look like and do some writing on them to give some orientation.

The quick story is there is still a very defined tree line at the end of Clementine's. The rest of the area is cleared very well and they obviously weren't sparing anything where the resort is going to be built. If the resort is going to take over the entire point and run down the beach, it makes you wonder why they spared so many trees while they were clearing?

j

Relaxing on the beach waiting for our fireworks cruise. Dozens of large birds over Discovery Island. I've never seen that many down here. There were 2 big sitting on the fence by the water and 2 black birds on one of the pontoon boats. I was a little concerned Alfred Hitchcock was haunting the place.
Not sure how this will show in a compressed pic.

View attachment 434536

View attachment 434537

View attachment 434538
Vultures....must be something big that is dead over there :crazy2:. We have seen them at the Fort before, but not in those numbers.
FW PODmarch 2017 vultures.jpg

It’s very obvious that the new resort is going to bump against the Fort. Clementines is still open for now but the chairs are all on the other side. The construction noise has been minimal and hasn’t affected my stay at all. I’m hoping they’ll plant some trees to make a barrier of sorts behind TE otherwise we’re going to see the resort front and centre

We're about halfway home from the Fort. It's been a decent week weather wise. It was a bumpy week personality wise. MNSSHP was fabulous!! I loved it! Looking forward to looking at all my pics. I am starting realize that being at the Fort is almost better than being in the parks. I think next time, I'll just purchase 4 day tickets to enjoy each park.

Made it back home last night after 2 14 hour days driving. I’ll never do it in 2 days again. I’ll go back to doing 3 day trips. It’s more relaxing in a way. This trip was not the best for me because of my travel friend. Most of the stuff I enjoy doing at Disney was called cheesy and childish by her and it made the trip very tense. MNSSHP is a must do! If you only do it for the character meet and greets it’s worth it!

Made it back home last night after 2 14 hour days driving. I’ll never do it in 2 days again.
That's quite a drive in 2 days.

Sorry to hear the trip wasn't as magical. Some people don't get Disney. That's ok. You know you're among friends here.

It's too bad we didn't get a chance to meet while we were there. We certainly would have pumped up the Disney for you.

j

I would like to thank everyone here for all their help and insight. Here is a brief trip report.

This was our 5th trip to the Fort. It was DS and his wife's 5th wedding anniversary. Their pulled their older Travel trailer in tow with DD and her 6 month old DB and their Dalmatian Goofy. DH and i had our new adoptee Jack Russell Taz.

We left NE Pa the morning of Friday the 13th. DH chose to go 81 to 83 to 695 around Baltimore to 95 to 495 around Washington. We did a lot of sitting on 83. We only stopped for fuel and 1 meal. We made it to St. George, SC around 11:00 pm. It was a long day. We spent the night in our camper.

Saturday am we left to go to Bill Frederick Park in Orlando. I found this park on here. It is a beautiful park. Sights are very nice. Concrete pads lots of room. Roads are a little tight if people are parked at the end of their site. We had a nice evening meal and relaxed.

Sunday we left Bill Frederick park just before the 11:00 check out time. I checked in at the Fort previously and told them i would be there at 12:00. We arrived before 11:30. Michael came out and checked us in. I called the week before to request 100 200 300 or 400 loop. We had been in 800 twice, 1400 and 1500. We were very pleased to find out that we got the 400 loop with sites next to each other 401 and 402. We got set up and made dinner. DS went and rented a golf cart. This was the first time we had one and i have to say they were a convenience. We enjoyed looping and it saved time avoiding the internal bus.

Our days at the parks were planned with the extra magic hours. We tried to leave around 6 to get there early. It was to our advantage. Magic Kingdom day we walked on most rides.

The dogs enjoyed the dog park after we got back. One night we tried to shoo the deer from it but they wouldnt budge.

We left Saturday am to come home. Thankfully it was a safe trip. 20190918_072134.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!