The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

Teamubr, Actually, we will be there until the 25th ... leaving on the 26th. I added a few days since my original post. We would be up for Saturday the 23rd also. Wednesday the 20th is an Epcot day for us too.

Just to update my timeframe...
we'll be there from the 23rd (coming in sometime in the afternoon) and leave Oct 1 after our traditional TE breakfast. We are really cramming activities in this visit as my nieces only have a week off from school and we're celebrating the youngest's 18 birthday...and I'm surprising them with a second MNSSHP and 3 days at Universal...their first time there!

Whew! I hope my feet can hold up!

Looking forward to the updates from those DISers getting to the Fort earlier!

It looks like quite a few of us are going to be at the Fort at similar times. If anyone is interested in getting together for a mini- DIS Meet let me know. It looks like the days with the most overlap for everyone is Wednesday September 20th or Saturday September 23rd. Quite a few are coming in on the 23rd. Right now, I have Wednesday as an Epcot day, but I have nothing booked for Saturday. I've met several DISers on prior Fort trips and a bunch at the Gulf State Park meets the last 2 years. It's always fun to put a face to the typing.

I added TRS to this. Not sure how the rehab has been going or if you're up to a visit, but we'd love to have you join the crowd. I've seen you posting on here more, so hopefully that's a good sign.
  1. @PaHunter (Chris)- September 18-30- Premium
  2. TeamUBR (Jim)- September 16-24- Premium
  3. @tripleb- September 17-25- Full Hook Up
  4. @Disneypeach - September 23-?-
  5. @JayJay8 - Sept 17-27 - Premium
  6. @brad813 - Sept 23-28 - Tent Camping
  7. @harriettbrawner - Labor Day Weekend, Sept 16-22
  8. @PatriciaH - Sept 22- 30
  9. @Random Ninja - Sept 23-27 - Tent Camping
  10. @Sarubo - Sept 23- Oct 8
  11. @grumpyaggie - Sept 20 - Oct 7
  12. @Rxdr2013 - Sept 17 - 21 - Tent Camping
  13. @babynursedawn - Sept 13 - 21 Full
  14. @TheRustyScupper

j

My dates and location have changed. I will be at WDW from 9/21-9/25, barring weather problems, and staying off site, but if I can work it in, I am happy to meet up all the same. 9/21 is DHS, 9/22 is AK, 9/23 and 9/24 is Magic Kingdom, and 9/24 and 9/25 is Epcot for me. For MK, 9/24 is MNSSHP only, with Food & Wine before. Let me know what you end up planning and I will see how things work out.

Chris, You pulled the trailer in backwards. The door should be towards the house. :D

Well now that you mention that.....the back of the pad is sloped enough....there are possible future plans to work with the neighbor(FD), to connect their parking lot and my pad with a graded ramp. So one day may just pull it in drop and pull out again.

As for a Dismeet, Sat the 23rd works for us, we have breakfast at WL, then late dinner ressie at TE. But the rest of the day was to be at the campsite.

Got to Orlando around 11 AM. Had to take the women folk to both Character Outlets, although I did score a SWEEEETTT Death Star ear hat for $3. Hotel let us check in at noon for our one night until we check into the Cabin tomorrow. Ate lunch at UNOs and it was really good. Now I am about to pass out on my bed to make up for the sleep I gave up to get the family here early. They will probably go shopping as I snooze. See y'all tomorrow at the Fort. Unless I wake up and late night it at the Springs. :tongue:

Saved a couple of hundred bucks today ... As I posted earlier, my wife retired yesterday. Some of her co-workers pitched in and bought her a Florida Resident Weekday pass :-) So, I called reservations and cancelled our two 4-day Park Hopper passes and then bought myself a Florida Resident Weekday pass :teeth: So, by doing this we were able to add 2 more days of Park hopping. Hadn't planned anything in the Park on weekend days anyway ... win/win

Got to Orlando around 11 AM. Had to take the women folk to both Character Outlets, although I did score a SWEEEETTT Death Star ear hat for $3. Hotel let us check in at noon for our one night until we check into the Cabin tomorrow. Ate lunch at UNOs and it was really good. Now I am about to pass out on my bed to make up for the sleep I gave up to get the family here early. They will probably go shopping as I snooze. See y'all tomorrow at the Fort. Unless I wake up and late night it at the Springs. :tongue:

I want a Death Star ear hat! Which outlet did you find it at?

Ok September Diser's, it is our turn to shine. We have been pinned to the top of the board. Everyone packed and ready to go ? Do you have your travel buddy ? Time for our early in the month arrivals to get us warmed up with some pictures. Oh yea and someone keep an eye on that hurricane in the southeast.

We are 90% packed and we are excited! We are in a tent next week, and are going to get soaked if that hurricane comes towards the US. Our small tent fits inside the big tent, I told him we should take both so our beds will stay dry.

Well good news on Hurricane Irma, is she will not make landfall until about Sept 10/11. It is still too far out for them to forecast where. She was a Cat 3 the last I saw and gaining strength quickly.

Today we will open up our trailer and start packing as well as work on a project or two for the inside. Still raining here with the remnants of Harvey. Supposed to be a nice day tomorrow though. Would be nice as I really need to get the truck washed/waxed and get the trailer washed.

^^^ Yep PaHunter, you're correct about Irma. Still unclear where or if she will make a US landfall. We will know about next Wednesday. In the long term, there is another "disturbance" behind Irma and the bad part of this is that it is more southerly than Irma. Waaaaaaaaay to far out to predict anything about this one though. I was in the Cable TV world for 37 years. I always watched the weather, especially this time of the year.

ugh we have reservations for the 11th watching irma closely....we live in brevard county so I may have to board up the house and get my trailer up towards alabama....

20170903_142211[5725].jpeg
Towel ring installed in bathroom

20170903_142217[5726].jpeg
2nd bath towel rack installed

20170903_142227[5729].jpeg
toilet paper holder installed

20170903_142259[5730].jpeg
hole cut to run hdmi cable and power in to cabinet

20170903_142326[5733].jpeg
hole cut in bedroom for hdmi and power cable in bedroom.

So working in the trailer and Disney prep in full swing, in between rain showers.

So we got to the Fort at 8AM so my Mom could show her military ID and put that we were there waiting. Went back to the hotel and packed up. Got to our reservation to Trails in ten minutes past 10 AM which is 10 minutes late but we got in quick. Food was excellent. Met Kenny's guy to pick up the cart and dropped it off in the overflow parking lot, then went back and got the ladies. Came back to the Fort and hopped in the wrong cart and didn't realize it til it ran out of battery dispite being told the battery was full and the actual owner of the cart passed by and asked why I had his cart. Oops. They were the same color and I had been in a rush. But he was cool. We straightened it all out and during this time was notified around 1 PM that the Cabin was ready. We didn't get to it until almost 2 PM. Got everything in and then I did up the outside. Yes, my Halloween stuff is out. Looks good but can't wait til night when we can see the lights so now we have been loopin' looking at all the cool setups. We are at the Meadows Trading Post getting some things. We are in 2610 so swing by and let me know if you like the setup. And if you see a 6' 4" 350lb man with a bushy beard and a Death Star ear hat on walking or riding by, it's just me so say hi and I'll do the same. :tongue:

I want a Death Star ear hat! Which outlet did you find it at?

They had tons of them at both Character Warehouses in both outlets. Have fun!!

Good job PaHunter ... Did your RV not come with the towel racks/TP holder already installed ?

Good job PaHunter ... Did your RV not come with the towel racks/TP holder already installed ?
There was one towel rack behind the toilet, and the toilet paper holder came with it, but was not mounted anywhere. DW wanted a place to put a second towel, and wanted a hand towel near the sink.

Oh My Goodness!!!!

This is a house not a camper! Wowza!

Well it is a large camper. It comes in at 43 feet long and it weighs nearly 8 tons.
We are packing for our trip, and I have been hanging pictures in it with command hook picture strips, to make it more like home.
Just finished up a frame for the sign holders I have with pictures in them. I made the frame out of balsa wood, now to stain and hang. Will post pictures later of this latest project.

Well it's just gorgeous! Looking forward to the photos. Hubby wants to know what you use to tow with.

Well it is a large camper. It comes in at 43 feet long and it weighs nearly 8 tons.
We are packing for our trip, and I have been hanging pictures in it with command hook picture strips, to make it more like home.
Just finished up a frame for the sign holders I have with pictures in them. I made the frame out of balsa wood, now to stain and hang. Will post pictures later of this latest project.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter