The Sagamore???

linco711

DIS Veteran
Has anybody used points to stay at the Sagamore? With points you can only rent lodge suites, which are not in the main building. I have read some negative comments on these rooms (on other sites). Since they are part of the concierge collection I thought they would be top-notch. We were thinking about spending the Christmas Holiday....anyone have any first hand info for me............Thanks

Hi linco:D

I haven't used points to stay at the Sagamore but I have stayed in the main hotel and was able to tour the Lodge suites. I enjoyed this hotel, it is a lovely place, but I have to say, I am not overly impressed with the lodge suites. The main hotel rooms are much nicer. The rooms that overlook the lake are quite spacious and the views are amazing.

The lodge suites are more rustic although I believe they were recently refurbished. They have alot of space and a kitchen and family room area but most of the views of beautiful Lake George tend to be obstructed by large trees.

IMHO The real charm of this hotel lies in the main building and if I were to use points I would get 2 rooms there rather than one suite. The service at the Sagamore is outstanding and the attention to detail really impressed me. You just do not get the same feeling in the lodge buildings.

The food at this hotel is exceptional, even room service was outstanding. There is a brunch on Sundays that was one of the best I have ever eaten at. Saratoga Springs is close by and there is alot to do there as well. I enjoyed the experience very much.

Hope that helps!

I stayed in the lodges and requested them because I wanted to stay where it would be quiet. The lodges were great. They normally run about $450 depending on the season. I believe I paid 56 points per day for them. As far as I am concerned they were the same as a one bedroom at OKW, Kingsmill, or other top rated spots I have stayed at. They are about the same size but the bath is smaller than OKW of course. I would put them on par with any upscale resort. They are situation along the lake and offer a great view. I like staying at one bedroom units not hotel rooms. The lodges cost more but they are worth it. They have everything that one bedrooms have anywhere. If you want to pay less and have a hotel room then stay in the main hotel. You can use your points to rent a room in the main hotel, it is cheaper, perhaps they had none left for the season you wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter