The Running Thread - 2019

@LSUlakes can you add some races for me when you get a chance?

April
06 - pkbaughAR - Star Wars Rival Run 10K (NG/NA)
07 - pkbaughAR - Star Wars Rival Run Half Marathon (NG/NA)

May
31 - pkbaughAR - Grand Teton 5K (NA/NG)

June
01 - pkbaughAR - Grand Teton Half Marathon (NG/NA)

Thanks!

Very jealous of your list, currently my #1 and #2 most wanted races. (We are going to be in the area next year that time, but Grand Teton is taking the year off :()

ATTQOTD: As I have started running with my DD10 this month, this question just had a real life test for me. My words: "Relax and run your pace". I wish I could say I gave those words from the start, but sadly, we first tried some rigid interval training, that she took so seriously, she started hyperventilating and getting painful side stitches sooner and sooner in each workout, until the last one she got one during the warm up walk! Finally I scrapped that plan and said forget the plan, "Relax and run your pace". We went 1/2 mile further than her previous best, at a full minute per mile faster average pace. And in her words, "I just wanted to take it easy."

ATTQOTD: "This is why you train".......meaning, you can't expect to be at the fitness/pace/endurance/whatever level that you will achieve by the end of your training plan til you get to the end. So don't project forward and be unhappy about where you are now, don't sweat a crappy training run, do try out the things you need to (fuel, pacing, etc), don't say "I will never do this/be ready by race day" etc, etc.

I still tell myself this....and it will always be a work in progress to believe it!

ATTQOTD: “Trust the Training”. This is something that I have come to learn recently. I was always like how can I run that far or this will never work. But the further along in my training plan I have got I have found that I can do what I previously thought was impossible.

Very jealous of your list, currently my #1 and #2 most wanted races. (We are going to be in the area next year that time, but Grand Teton is taking the year off :()

These National Park races are one of the main reasons I decided to train for the half marathon distance! There are several I have my eye on, but when I casually mentioned doing this race to my DH, he was all in! (From a strictly support side of course lol). Glacier, Yellowstone, Rockies and Smokies are ones I would love to do. Gonna have to figure out how to not let hills intimidate me!

ATTQOTD: As someone who lived with an abundance of excess weight for most of her life, a significant lifestyle change 6 years ago that helped me get to a healthy weight meant I could do more than walk. Running reminds me of how far I’ve come in my health journey. Therefore:

“I run because I can!”

These National Park races are one of the main reasons I decided to train for the half marathon distance! There are several I have my eye on, but when I casually mentioned doing this race to my DH, he was all in! (From a strictly support side of course lol). Glacier, Yellowstone, Rockies and Smokies are ones I would love to do. Gonna have to figure out how to not let hills intimidate me![/QUOTE

I am doing the Yellowstone one next year, but it is not quite as scenic as the grand teton one from what I can tell.

Thanks. It's exactly the kid-friendly sort of stuff that I'm wondering about. I may check out that book!

My two cents.....

Don’t push your kids to be at the park from open until close for days on end. Yes, Disney is so expensive and I understand wanting to get your money’s worth, but kids need a break from all the stimulation and Go Go Go. I’m at the parks quite a bit and my heart breaks when the kids are tired and crying and the parents are yelling at them about how much money they paid to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter