Discussion in 'runDisney' started by LSUlakes, Jan 2, 2018.
In October not usually. In the summer it’s pretty humid.
I'm a slower runner, so I'm usually finishing the race around 10:00am, but even then I can make it into the parks by noon. I view park days after a half as a convenient excuse to make sure I keep moving. I reserve the right to sit down as much as I want to or wait in as long or short a line as I feel like.
Usually once a year on this thread we do a "tell us your story" kind of QOTD. We haven't done it this year. We should do it soon, I always love reading people's stories. Paging @LSUlakes.
QOTD: if I could only pick one state to run races in it would be tough. It would be between MA and FL. FL because of Disney but I would go with MA. It's my home state so I could run more races more easily and because it is the home of the Boston Marathon. I love a Disney races but if I could only run Disney races or Boston, I would still pick Boston and I have never run it yet.
Good Morning all! a little late, but since today's QOTD hasn't posted I think I get a pass right? I have only run one race, two different times (a 5k), But the one I REALLY want to run is the Star Wars half at WDW. Unfortunately my home A/C going out last week has killed my fledgling race budget, so will have to wait for 2020.
FUN FRIDAY QOTD:
I thought it would be fun to mix it up a little and do a fun trivia game. I am stealing this idea from another (non Disney) message board and re-writing the questions to be Disney. I encourage everyone to take part in the fun. The more who play, the more the fun.
Welcome to RunDisney (Reverse) Sheep Trivia!! This is a game where you try to out-think other Disboards posters.
Here is how it works:
· There are two types of questions: Sheep questions (1-9) and Reverse Sheep questions (10-18).
· For Sheep questions (1-9), you want to answer what you think will be given most often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a Walt Disney World mountain" a good answer might be Space Mountain and a bad answer would likely be Mount Mayday.
· For Reverse Sheep questions (10-18), you want to give the answer that you think will be given least often by other people. For example, if the question is "Name a Disney animated movie", a bad answer would probably be the Lion King. A good answer might be Home on the Range.
· In Sheep questions, you get one negative point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. For example, if you and six other people said Space Mountain, all seven of you would get -7 points. No points are given for a wrong answer.
· In Reverse Sheep questions, you get one positive point for every person that gives the same answer as you, including yourself. If you and ten other people said the Lion King, you would get 11 points.
· Incorrect answers in Reverse Sheep get the number of points for the answer with the most votes + 1, making it worse than giving the worst correct answer.
· The lowest total score wins. In the above two examples, your current score would be –7 + 11 = 4.
· No using Google, Wikipedia, etc. if you don't have to. (i.e. don't use them to cheat).
· Fill out the Google Form to submit your answers. Do not post your responses in this thread or tell anyone else. You can post that you completed the form.
· Answers are due by Monday. Results will be revealed over the following day(s).
Google Form Link:
1) Name a Walt Disney World Opening Day attraction
2) Name a RunDisney race – past or present that does not run though the Magic Kingdom
3) Name a song from a Disney movie that won an academy award for best song
4) Name a Walt Disney World Signature restaurant
5) Name a body of water (lake/lagoon/etc) on Walt Disney World property
6) Name a Walt Disney World attraction where the ride vehicle is a boat on water.
7) Name a planet/moon/system from a Star Wars movie
8) Name a Walt Disney World snack
9) Bonus 2X Points Sheep Question
If you ran every possible runDisney race in 2017 at Walt Disney World (available to Adults), how many medals would you have earned?
1) Name a Walt Disney World Rollercoaster
2) Name a hotel on Walt Disney World property not owned by Disney.
3) Name a past or present RunDisney multi race challenge
4) Name a Walt Disney World attraction in one of the 4 major theme parks with a minimum 40” height requirement.
5) Name a Walt Disney World counter service restaurant
6) Name a Walt Disney World attraction where the ride vehicle travelers backwards.
7) Name a character meal at Walt Disney World
8) Name a Walt Disney World monorail color
9) Name an EPCOT pavilion that opened on opening day in 1982
RunDisney (Reverse) Sheep Trivia Questions
Good Luck to Everyone!!
So fun! Love this idea!
Hope everyone in the path of Florence is staying safe. Also hope i hope no one here was affected by the MA gas explosions.
This is a significant portion of why I signed up for my first half.
I want this to be true. I do not think I will be able to achieve this by January.
I have not been to WI in March, but I imagine it is similar to MI (not as good beer). We had a good week above 60 this year.
and then it snowed again and was a slushy mess
This was fun!! (It was really hard to resist googling though!)
This is so cool! My work is blocking the Google Form, but I'll do it this weekend.
That was fun and HARD! I had to totally skip one of the sheep questions though and a couple were pure guesses.
Reverses sheep was hard! Tempting to pick the most common knowing that you are all aware of the more obscure answers and would never pick the easy one!
Richmond was my first too, and still my favorite! I run it every year, and it's on my 50th birthday next year, so of course I'm running it again with some family and friends. You should come run it with us!
@huskies90 I can't wait to get home from work and play along tonight! So fun!
It's a strategy. Sometimes it backfires, sometimes it's brilliant. You gotta pick your poison. What if everyone uses the same strategy?
This is less a trivia game and more of a psychology game.
Can I have a redo? Even though I read the rules 20 times I think I got sucked in to instinct vs. thinking. I'll stay after class if I have to!
I think I got it figured out. That was really different and fun.
@LSUlakes I've got a race for the calendar:
September 22 - YawningDodo - MOtoberfest Beer Run, 2.53 miles - Goal: Drink beer and don't puke!
ATTQOTD: that was entertaining, and kinda hard.
I'll give it some thought
Separate names with a comma.