The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viral Disney is reporting that a Moana Overlay is coming to Typhoon Lagoon which will necessitate an extended closure for the complete re imagining of the park. Based on the poor quality of the reporting, and derisive comments by the reporter, I am guessing that he's making the whole thing up. The site is also reporting that Mickey Bars will be replaced by Yoda Bars in all parks. That sounds ridiculous, however, other articles on the site report accurate stories, so it can't just be like The Onion. What does anyone else think?

Viral Disney is reporting that a Moana Overlay is coming to Typhoon Lagoon which will necessitate an extended closure for the complete re imagining of the park. Based on the poor quality of the reporting, and derisive comments by the reporter, I am guessing that he's making the whole thing up. The site is also reporting that Mickey Bars will be replaced by Yoda Bars in all parks. That sounds ridiculous, however, other articles on the site report accurate stories, so it can't just be like The Onion. What does anyone else think?
I'd take things with a grain of salt however I'd see more them doing something Moana like they did at TL with Teen Beach Movie and what they did at BB the past two years with Frozen as opposed to an area overlay

I could see the Moana thing happening in some ways, but I can't see a whole Park overhaul myself. Yoda Bars is ridiculous - no way.

Also, just re-read and noticed who you said the source was.... Yeah, none of this is happening (at least not in the respect they've said) - Viral Disney is a humor site and not a trusted news site.

Interesting comment from Spirit (WDW1974) over on WDWMagic regarding the rumored UK Pavilion ride;

"But, please, tell the bois that NO Mary Poppins ride is being built or added to ANY Disney Park in the world right now as that seems a popular thought."

I feel that if the speedway is staying then I honestly think a major update to sugar rush in wreck it ralf could be decent.
Speedway is 100% staying (its in the Tron concept art), and an update is planned for the near future. Wreck it Ralph Speedway is, as far as i'm aware, off the table now. I've heard the upgrade will likely make the ride more futuristic (to fit with Tron) and will probably be using electric vehicles.

Nothing has been said recently.
Thanks Ryan! Appreciate the response, though I'm a bit bummed by the answer. The less we hear over time, the more I think they may never happen. Or possibly happen only for Club 33 members, which is what a Jock Lindsay's CM told us a while back. I don't put a lot of stock in CM rumors, as we've heard some whoppers over the years and that idea seemed crazy at the time we heard it. But now with Club 33 at WDW rumors, I'm wondering if the CM might have been right.

Bottom line: I'm hoping to see these venues some day, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, we're looking forward to The Edison on our next trip, and curious to see how it compares to the one in LA.

Joe Rohde has been posting all this cool stuff on his trip to Bali, I wonder if it's for inspiration? I know it's technically not part of the Phillipines (a rumored pavillion I have heard (from the dis podcast so idk their sources) ) but apparently they have a lot of influences from Filipino culture! And maybe if not for that use, use at AK or if they do this Moana overlay at TL?

EDIT

In one caption that featured a mickey mouse painted stool he mentioned keeping AK current

Joe Rohde has been posting all this cool stuff on his trip to Bali, I wonder if it's for inspiration? I know it's technically not part of the Phillipines (a rumored pavillion I have heard (from the dis podcast so idk their sources) ) but apparently they have a lot of influences from Filipino culture! And maybe if not for that use, use at AK or if they do this Moana overlay at TL?

EDIT

In one caption that featured a mickey mouse painted stool he mentioned keeping AK current

I personally just can't see them putting in a pavilion for the Philippines while Duterte, or someone like him, is in power. Disney is just not going to do something that could even construed as being controversial. Plus the fact that adding a country just never seems to have worked out for Epcot.

I do think that they need a presence for Moana in the parks though. Perhaps it is for that, somewhere in AK or even a far future revamp of Adventureland.

I personally just can't see them putting in a pavilion for the Philippines while Duterte, or someone like him, is in power. Disney is just not going to do something that could even construed as being controversial. Plus the fact that adding a country just never seems to have worked out for Epcot.

I do think that they need a presence for Moana in the parks though. Perhaps it is for that, somewhere in AK or even a far future revamp of Adventureland.
I don't see the Philippines happening either. Brazil and Spain were the front runners for a new pavilion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter