The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when we will find out. I am pulling for BH6 themeing!
I'd expect to hear at D23 Expo in July. BH6 was false information, see Phinicfan's post on pg29. Jim Hill is reporting Guardians coming in some form to Epcot - that could be UoE replacement, potentially even Mission:Space overlay as rumored, or even something else.

I'd expect to hear at D23 Expo in July. BH6 was false information, see Phinicfan's post on pg29. Jim Hill is reporting Guardians coming in some form to Epcot - that could be UoE replacement, potentially even Mission:Space overlay as rumored, or even something else.
Mission Space will not have any IP added.

I listened to the podcast. Jim hill did not say Mission Breakout was going to UoE. He said Guardians is which is of course been a rumor for a while.
At the 26:45 mark Jim Hill does indeed say Mission Breakout at Epcot right after Len asks him about a Guardians Tower of Terror in Epcot. I assumed he meant it would be the clone of DCA's.

At the 26:45 mark Jim Hill does indeed say Mission Breakout at Epcot right after Len asks him about a Guardians Tower of Terror in Epcot. I assumed he meant it would be the clone of DCA's.
I'm fairly certain they just misspoke. They aren't building a tower at Epcot and the way I interpreted it Jim didn't say they were.

BH6 was not denied as an option either. It just wasn't a known option that we thought it was.

Going by what we've seen with SDMT and Avatar, Disney really needs something new at EPCOT when both Pixar and StarWars land are open to draw people away from HS.
By all reports EPCOT is to receive:
New ride in UoE - or combination with new building - may be GotG may not be
Updated M:S
Updated Innovations
Updated spine(area from Ticket booth to WS opening - potentially some fountain work as well)
Rat ride in France
Smaller ride added to UK
New Pavillion in WS - rumored to be Brazil or Spain or a few others

i thought mission space is only supposed to be closed during july, but so far, there are no Fastpasses available for it at least through august 17th..
i've been busy booking our FPs and so far no MS in sight...i'm assuming they're simply not being offered, not that they've run out..

so that would seem to mean they're planning on it being closed for longer than just july.....or was it already scheduled to be closed longer than just july?

Last edited:
i thought mission space is only supposed to be closed during july, but so far, there are no Fastpasses available for it at least through august 17th..
i've been busy booking our FPs and so far no MS in sight...i'm assuming they're simply not being offered, not that they've not run out..

so that would seem to mean they're planning on it being closed for longer than just july.....or was it already scheduled to be closed longer than just july?

It would makes sense for Disney to give themselves a fudge factor in case they need a little extra time to complete the work. I'm guessing once they get close to being finished and lock in a finish date, they'll release fast passes for the re-opening and beyond.

Okay so its been a bit, lets see if we can catch up...

Per Martin and others at WDWMagic.com -
Epcot - UK ride - Poppins is one of the potential targets of the ride but not the favorite - my hope for Sword in the stone abounds!:)
MK - tiki room - not sure how to take this one, but basically it will remain looking as is, but will change in format some...so not sure if that means birds are still goners or not.

Epcot - UK ride - Poppins is one of the potential targets of the ride but not the favorite - my hope for Sword in the stone abounds!:)
MK - tiki room - not sure how to take this one, but basically it will remain looking as is, but will change in format some...so not sure if that means birds are still goners or not.

Is this Sword in the Stone mention just a hope of yours, or has it been mentioned by someone?

Because I would do some unspeakable things to see a Sword in the Stone attraction at Disney World.

Unspeakable.

Is this Sword in the Stone mention just a hope of yours, or has it been mentioned by someone?

Because I would do some unspeakable things to see a Sword in the Stone attraction at Disney World.

Unspeakable.
I dare say that I think you both might be enough in the minority that this would NOT happen. Had to say it. :(

Unspeakable.
It has not been mentioned specifically.

Love the poppins idea but sword in the stone or Robin Hood I think would fit well in the U.K. Pavilion and bring in something different about U.K. Culture and history.

As for the birds, I hope they are just updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter