The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably missed this discussion from several months ago when I wasn't following this thread, so I apologize for that, but what's the word, if any, on a new nighttime parade at MK?

Martin at WDWMagic.com let slip that the GotG to UoE may be facing a change. He did not state it was dead, but something may be changing. He seemed somewhat interested...maybe they are moving it to a new build instead of UoE....but nothing has been clarified yet.
Uh oh. That makes me wonder about the Tower of Terror in DHS.

Although it is in One Man's Dream, the film isn't affected by the meet (it has been replaced by film preview atm though) and there are still some of the OMD exhibits...
I know. I just hate that they took out the dedication speech by Roy Disney for the Magic Kingdom. And I REALLY miss the film about Walt. It just seems like they are losing sight of the person who started all the magic.

I'll be surprised if all the ToT attractions except Orlando get changed to Gotg over time and they leave Orlando alone.

Quick Spirit update at WDWMagic.com:
1) any build for big 50th has to be approved by this fall, or it won't have enough time to build
2) From that he states that all the rumors flying may not make 50th, but the time period of 2023 - 2027 could be HUGE
3) He confirmed Mickey ride in GMR again, and stated the park still needs more than what it is getting, and some things are in blue sky but no where close to being done.

Further adds from spirit:
Rat will be by 50th, UK add could as well, as it won't be a "major" attraction.
Potential for SGE replacement, and something on Speedway plot could happen as well - but there is still no ONE locked idea for either. But he reiterated again, NO TRON coaster on Speedway plot.

Oh one more add....
He said YES WDW could use GotG - but there seems to be some real confusion on if they even want to start including more Marvel in Disney. So its not just the tech delaying UoE idea...or other ideas, but some hesitation on more Marvel evidently is a major hang up as well.

I mentioned this on the news thread but I'm definitely nervous about Iger talking even more about IPs in the park...

Not thrilled about hearing a lot of this won't be ready before the 50th because it just shows how short sighted they've been :/

Does this mean we get announcements in fall for plans or?

I'm sure a few of what's guaranteed before the 50th could get announced at D23 but I think a lot of what's being rumoured just won't make it in time.

Edit saying that, we talk about Universal doing a lot of building, Disney has don a lot the last few years and loads more for the next few years too.

It's ALOT of building and expansions from Disney

Oh one more add....
He said YES WDW could use GotG - but there seems to be some real confusion on if they even want to start including more Marvel in Disney. So its not just the tech delaying UoE idea...or other ideas, but some hesitation on more Marvel evidently is a major hang up as well.
This is interesting to read. I can see this in two ways;
1) Disney doesn't want to tread too close to the line re. the Disney Universal Marvel agreement. So may be best just to keep it out.
2) They have plans for the future to buy out the Marvel agreement, and possibly make a fifth gate dedicated to Marvel properties.

Now that could just be me looking too deep (or maybe just hoping...), but its food for thought.

This is interesting to read. I can see this in two ways;
1) Disney doesn't want to tread too close to the line re. the Disney Universal Marvel agreement. So may be best just to keep it out.
2) They have plans for the future to buy out the Marvel agreement, and possibly make a fifth gate dedicated to Marvel properties.

Now that could just be me looking too deep (or maybe just hoping...), but its food for thought.
both are good reasons to put it on hold. A 5th gate would be super cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter