• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well and to a point I agree. I am really excited about Pandora. It looks like it is going to be great. But I am also just seeing how quickly they are working on Toy Story land and Star Wars land. The trun around between groundbreaking and opening day. It's quick and that is for a whole land. There is no reason those should be the only new things to pop up in a 5 year period. I mean also FEA sure and MAYBE a GMR overhaul? and like Pizzarizzo was made from Pizza Planet. Something about that is strange to me. Especially when they are taking needed time on refurb, why not put some man power in new attractions etc. Why do things like isolate Moana to One Man's Dream? Why leave Tony's the way it is? Why NOT add a Fire mountain?

Have you been impressed with MGM construction?

I have not been...lots of time
Lapse video out there of one truck tooling around Behind a construction fence...

Lapse video out there of one truck tooling around Behind a construction fence...
I don't know what you've been looking at but Toy Story has been moving along very well. Maybe take a look at the aerial photo thread and you'll see it's more than one truck moving around.

I wasn't at first! I find the aerial shots hard to desipher but it's starting to become clearer (specifically TSL) and with what I was paying attention to the process of Pandora, it's all looking at the very least reasonable if not to their normal speed. But I agree, I want to believe that 2021 will have all this new stuff because I am an optimist. But also if they want me to keep coming back twice a year, it cant stay stagnant, it can't just be Disney Springs getting the goods. I am not saying it won't happen, if anything it appears to me that maybe Disney is wising up to this complaint, but we will see what D23 tells us I guess? If we could just even get some confirmations on one or two of these rumors, even if it's just a fraction of what is going to be done (like an update on the Epcot revamp) that would be helpful.

I don't know what you've been looking at but Toy Story has been moving along very well. Maybe take a look at the aerial photo thread and you'll see it's more than one truck moving around.

Did I say today?

It's been two years.

I think toy story is a 1-1.5 year type project...not a 3. It's all been too deliberate. We've been through this...matter of perspective.

Did I say today?

It's been two years.

I think toy story is a 1-1.5 year type project...not a 3. It's all been too deliberate. We've been through this...matter of perspective.
It really won't be three for toy story. Toy story didn't start construction until 2016 and opens in 2018. That's 2 years.

It really won't be three for toy story. Toy story didn't start construction until 2016 and opens in 2018. That's 2 years.

You're right...I just sent bob a cookie basket...

You want to talk about how the internet has changed everything...here's a good one. When you look at something and it doesn't look right - like lack of desire to get something done - and then feel
Better when you google an old blip about it and check the announcement details...

People are losing the ability to trust their guts/eyes on these
Types of things.

You're right...I just sent bob a cookie basket...

You want to talk about how the internet has changed everything...here's a good one. When you look at something and it doesn't look right - like lack of desire to get something done - and then feel
Better when you google an old blip about it and check the announcement details...

People are losing the ability to trust their guts/eyes on these
Types of things.
I don't even understand what you're getting at and at this point I'm not sure I care. Look I get you don't have much faith in Disney. I'm not the pixie duster I once was either but I don't believe it's as bad as you say it is yet. Can it get worse of course. Will it? I'm not sure yet.

Did I say today?

It's been two years.

I really am fine with where TSL is at. I am beyond excited for it because I LOOOOVED TS when I was a kid. And I totally understand I don't know everything the Imagineers etc. know. I just think there are even small things that could and SHOULD be done during this time that aren't like the ones I mentioned (COUGH TONYS). I am 24, I am young, and I don't know that soon, maybe within the next year or two, if I will be able to travel to Disney as much as I do now. I want the most out of my young year childess visits that I can get.

I don't even understand what you're getting at and at this point I'm not sure I care. Look I get you don't have much faith in Disney. I'm not the pixie duster I once was either but I don't believe it's as bad as you say it is yet. Can it get worse of course. Will it? I'm not sure yet.

I'm getting at they have a general lack of desire to provide more value to their customers because they ration their capital improvement projects. I'm
On record there.

I'm getting at they have a general lack of desire to provide more value to their customers because they ration their capital improvement projects. I'm
On record there.
I'd argue Pandora adds value to AK at least more than camp Minnie Mickey did.

I still find value in a Disney trip. Has value changed over time yes. Is value subjective to the person yes. For example I don't find DHS in its current state to be a great value at least for a one day ticket.

I'd argue Pandora adds value to AK at least more than camp Minnie Mickey did.

I still find value in a Disney trip. Has value changed over time yes. Is value subjective to the person yes. For example I don't find DHS in its current state to be a great value at least for a one day ticket.

Sorry "on a reasonable schedule
To avoid stagnation and combat diminishing return"

Sorry "on a reasonable schedule
To avoid stagnation and combat diminishing return"
Okay, I can agree with some of your points on this.

I agree they allowed the US parks to stagnate, and did little to nothing to improve them. MK got new fantasy land that is okay, but not admittedly what some hoped for. EPCOT has seen really nothing much lately but Frozenstrom and a new theater in Soarin. DHS...nada.

That being said, at some point I wonder when you acknowledge a change in that.

I know I have done this excercise before. You continue to pooh pooh it with "shovels in the ground for belief".....

DHS - by 2020 you will have TSL, SWE and New Mickey ride in GMR.
EPCOT - by 2021 you will have - Rat in France, new UK ride, New Pavillion in WS, GotG in UoE, new entrance and spine for FW, updates to Seas, Land and SSE and Mission Space and Innovations
AK - Pandora ready to open

Now, we have shovels in the ground for SWE and TSL and you STILL don't want to accept change.

It won't take 5 years for TSL and SWE. It won't take 5 years to do EPCOT. But even if it take 4, what you won't be satisfied? My Goodness, look at the WHOLE picture and not just one part and parcel.

Notice I did not even include - rumored TL update, HM restaurant, JC update, Stitch and Speedway replacement for MK in that as well. All or most of those are by 2021 as well I believe for 50th.

I agree they allowed the US parks to stagnate, and did little to nothing to improve them. MK got new fantasy land that is okay, but not admittedly what some hoped for. EPCOT has seen really nothing much lately but Frozenstrom and a new theater in Soarin. DHS...nada.

I know I have done this excercise before. You continue to pooh pooh it with "shovels in the ground for belief".....

EPCOT - by 2021 you will have - Rat in France, new UK ride, New Pavillion in WS, GotG in UoE, new entrance and spine for FW, updates to Seas, Land and SSE and Mission Space and Innovations

Now, we have shovels in the ground for SWE and TSL and you STILL don't want to accept change.

It won't take 5 years for TSL and SWE. It won't take 5 years to do EPCOT. But even if it take 4, what you won't be satisfied? My Goodness, look at the WHOLE picture and not just one part and parcel.

Notice I did not even include - rumored TL update, HM restaurant, JC update, Stitch and Speedway replacement for MK in that as well. All or most of those are by 2021 as well I believe for 50th.

I do think they are remedying but still think they could do more, and I am a pretty big pixie dust thrower. I am just greedy and would like a timeline especially for that epcot stuff.

It's easy to cross the fine line from skeptic to contrary. Draw your own conclusions and set your own expectations. If you find you're moving the goalposts to validate your feelings, good or bad, then maybe rethink things a little bit.

I get where you are going, but none of the stuff in bold is actually happening. It's still just rumored. I hope it happens, EPCOT needs it to happen, but it's not confirmed, and it's not started. Mission Space is going down for a refurb, not a rebuild though there are rumors of plussing. Innovations is pathetic. Rat and the UK ride are at varying stages of being talked about as a rumor. Heck, that rumor doesn't even give a theme for UK, just that it isn't an E ticket type attraction. The New Pavilion is a rumor, though common sense would tell you it is way overdue. GotG is probably more than a rumor, but the timeframe was just changed out longer in the rumors. Something needs to be done with the spine and Innovations for sure.

But yeah, if a bunch of these things happen, on top of the progress that is being completed at AK and DHS, I think we do need to re-evaluate where we are at. Certainly it's not stagnant, but I think it is fair to say that what is currently happening is what should have been happening for more than the last decade. So while we aren't stagnant, I don't think we are really catching up to where the investment should have been, and where the ticket prices reflect we are.

I think it is ok to still be somewhat skeptical. But if we continue to see the kind of progress we are getting now? New lands and attractions opening pretty much every year plus all the infrastructure improvements around the property, I think then it becomes fair to say that Disney is back on the right track and it's time to ease off on the "woe is us" talk.

Last edited:
I get where you are going, but none of the stuff in bold is actually happening. It's still just rumored. I hope it happens, EPCOT needs it to happen, but it's not confirmed, and it's not started. Mission Space is going down for a refurb, not a rebuild though there are rumors of plussing. Innovations is pathetic. Rat and the UK ride are at varying stages of being talked about as a rumor. Heck, that rumor doesn't even give a theme for UK, just that it isn't an E ticket type attraction. The New Pavilion is a rumor, though common sense would tell you it is way overdue. GotG is probably more than a rumor, but the timeframe was just changed out longer in the rumors. Something needs to be done with the spine and Innovations for sure.

But yeah, if a bunch of these things happen, on top of the progress that is being completed at AK and DHS, I think we do need to re-evaluate where we are at. Certainly it's not stagnant, but I think it is fair to say that what is currently happening is what should have been happening for more than the last decade. So while we aren't stagnant, I don't think we are really catching up to where the investment should have been, and where the ticket prices reflect we are.

I think it is ok to still be somewhat skeptical still. But if we continue to see the kind of progress we are getting now? New lands and attractions opening pretty much every year plus all the infrastructure improvements around the property, I think then it becomes fair to say that Disney is back on the right track and it's time to ease off on the "woe is us" talk.

this is all perfectly said.

...how many days until D23?!

To answer everyone's questions:

They dug themselves a whole for 15 years...the current work gets them roughly back to square for THAT period...I give them full credit when and if they continue to invest to catch up to this period.

Pretty simple. More commitment is rewarded.

I think it is ok to still be somewhat skeptical. But if we continue to see the kind of progress we are getting now? New lands and attractions opening pretty much every year plus all the infrastructure improvements around the property, I think then it becomes fair to say that Disney is back on the right track and it's time to ease off on the "woe is us" talk.

One of the best posts ever...I wish I wouldn't have bothered the 75 or so times I've tried to state this same concept...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter