The Rebel Forces Were Strong But The Smith's Are Stronger TR-7/20 FINAL THOUGHTS

I feel almost cruel for leaving you hanging there! And the answer is not that exciting! But this is what TRULY made Aisling stop crying

may357.jpg

Yup...the pool at Kidani. We offered to take her to any park...DTD...or the pool. And she perked right up at the mention of a new pool. Seriously my kid is half fish!

So we got back to the hotel and called Stacy. Her and the boys were game for a swim so once again, I sent Randy and Stacy with all the kids. I think if people had seen us, they would have been confused about which one of us was married to Randy :rotfl2: Sadly we were leaving the next day so I really wanted to get packed so we wouldn't need to do it in the AM and we could get going with our last park day.

Luckily Stacy brought her camera so I have pics for this update! I don't have any actual information but I have pics!!!!

Again it was so sad that Stacy's boys were afraid of Randy :rolleyes1

may355.jpg

Hope Stacy doesn't mind me sharing this close up but it's really freakin' cute of Cooper

may353.jpg

And more cute ones of Cooper

may358.jpg

may361.jpg

Aisling clearly got over her tears

may363.jpg

may366.jpg

may367.jpg

Feel free to look the other way at half-nekkid Randy! The pic was just too cute!

may368.jpg

may370.jpg

may376.jpg

LOVE this one!

may372.jpg

So there you have it! The one thing in ALLLLLL of Disney World that makes Aisling happy! Water! (Why do we buy park tickets????????) Randy and Aisling went to Mara afterward to buy food. They bought me another flatbread. I think I was half-asleep as I ate it! It had been a very busy rushed trip!

But we had one more day to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwww that's too cute that the prospect of the pool is what brought a smile to her face.

The pool at Kidani looks awesome..you guys must have really loved getting to stay at AKL!

Awwww that's too cute that the prospect of the pool is what brought a smile to her face.

The pool at Kidani looks awesome..you guys must have really loved getting to stay at AKL!

We did! It was actually our 3rd stay there and it's such a great resort. It's not for everyone because it's doesn't feel very "Disneyish" but that's what we like about it!

I love the snake fountains around the pool, they are so cute and remind me of Robin Hood.

I think it's cute that Aisling wanted to go swimming. I probably would have picked that too. No crowds there. ;)

Yeah! Glad something so simple perked her up! I think as a kid that would have perked me up the best as well! I can' believe you only have one day left to report on! That is just sad :sad1:

That pool looks GREAT! I can see why time there was your daughter's happy place :goodvibes

Only one more day??? :scared1: I'll have to attach myself to another most excellent trip report. You've set the bar mighty high :thumbsup2

I love the snake fountains around the pool, they are so cute and remind me of Robin Hood.

I think it's cute that Aisling wanted to go swimming. I probably would have picked that too. No crowds there. ;)

I think that was the exact reason. We might have mentioned that even if we went to a park...she might not get on her favorite rides. She originally thought Epcot to ride Soarin but given those crowds...there was NO WAY we were getting on that.

Yeah! Glad something so simple perked her up! I think as a kid that would have perked me up the best as well! I can' believe you only have one day left to report on! That is just sad :sad1:

It is sad...I hate the end of TRs. It's like the trip is ending all over again!

I can see why she liked the pool! What fun!!! :cool1::thumbsup2

It is a really cool pool/water park area. AND as LL mentioned...no lines!

That pool looks GREAT! I can see why time there was your daughter's happy place :goodvibes

Only one more day??? :scared1: I'll have to attach myself to another most excellent trip report. You've set the bar mighty high :thumbsup2

Thank you!

Yes, we had looked at the pool at Kidani online but hadn't made it over there and since it was the last night...it was the perfect opportunity

Here is what happened while you were packing:

We decided to meet Randy and Ash at the bus stop. We took the bus over the Kidani. We got totally lost and ended up walking around the resort (didn't make that mistake twice :) ). Finally we found the pool and fitness area. Cooper played on the steps while Ash, Randy and Jackson went down the slide. They said it was really, really cool. It had a stop light up at the top to tell you when it was safe to go down. I think Ash went twice but no one else did. I tried to get really cool pics of them going down the slide, but it didn't work. They all played in the pool for a bit and Cooper went down the ultra-baby slide, which he LOVED. He probably went down 20 times. All of the time that I was not taking pics, I was reading my kindle, can't remember what book though.

Anyway, after a bathroom break (Cooper), we went to the waterpark area. There were water guns that you could aim (see pic of Ash) at the covered area that had more water guns. Ash and J had a good time squirting each other in a joking playful way. Some rude older boys came and were aiming and J and A's heads. Randy gave them a mean look and they went away. Cooper was by far the most excited in the area. He is also the only one who would pose for pics. Ash wanted the water to dump on her head, but couldn't time it right or get in the right spot. Randy helped out.

If I remember correctly, it rained really hard back at Jambo while we were gone. We didn't even get a drop of rain. It was getting dark and cloudy though (and really late too). So we had another bathroom break and headed back to the bus.

We all went to Mara and got some food. I can't remember exactly. I usually got the flatbread, Cooper usually got pizza and J usually got condiments- yes, condiments- lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions. He had that for dinner/lunch at least 4 or 5 times on the trip. We all ate and went back to the room. J and C got a quick bath and got into bed.

And you have my permission to post any pictures that you want

Whew this TR is action packed! You are making me tired just reading about it! :laughing:

I cannot get over the lines at EMH! :eek:

Poor Ash not getting to ride anything at SW. You're gonna have to take her back now ya know? :rotfl:

Here is what happened while you were packing:

We decided to meet Randy and Ash at the bus stop. We took the bus over the Kidani. We got totally lost and ended up walking around the resort (didn't make that mistake twice :) ). Finally we found the pool and fitness area. Cooper played on the steps while Ash, Randy and Jackson went down the slide. They said it was really, really cool. It had a stop light up at the top to tell you when it was safe to go down. I think Ash went twice but no one else did. I tried to get really cool pics of them going down the slide, but it didn't work. They all played in the pool for a bit and Cooper went down the ultra-baby slide, which he LOVED. He probably went down 20 times. All of the time that I was not taking pics, I was reading my kindle, can't remember what book though.

Anyway, after a bathroom break (Cooper), we went to the waterpark area. There were water guns that you could aim (see pic of Ash) at the covered area that had more water guns. Ash and J had a good time squirting each other in a joking playful way. Some rude older boys came and were aiming and J and A's heads. Randy gave them a mean look and they went away. Cooper was by far the most excited in the area. He is also the only one who would pose for pics. Ash wanted the water to dump on her head, but couldn't time it right or get in the right spot. Randy helped out.

If I remember correctly, it rained really hard back at Jambo while we were gone. We didn't even get a drop of rain. It was getting dark and cloudy though (and really late too). So we had another bathroom break and headed back to the bus.

We all went to Mara and got some food. I can't remember exactly. I usually got the flatbread, Cooper usually got pizza and J usually got condiments- yes, condiments- lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions. He had that for dinner/lunch at least 4 or 5 times on the trip. We all ate and went back to the room. J and C got a quick bath and got into bed.

And you have my permission to post any pictures that you want

YUP....WHAT STACY SAID :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Whew this TR is action packed! You are making me tired just reading about it! :laughing:

I cannot get over the lines at EMH! :eek:

Poor Ash not getting to ride anything at SW. You're gonna have to take her back now ya know? :rotfl:

Yup...no rest for the weary on this trip!!

Works for me! Low crowds and NO cost! :thumbsup2 Looks like a blast, too!

Exactly :thumbsup2

The Kidani pool looks really nice! It seems like they have lots of little extra things to keep the kids entertained there. :thumbsup2 I'm glad Aisling had a nice end to the day! :goodvibes

The pool area looks like a blast! I love Randy dumping the water on Ash's head. And Coop's is just the cutest! Those curls!!! J seems to be missing from most of the pictures, is that a boy thing. I can never get a nice picture of Dallas.

Sad your trip is coming to an end.

The Kidani pool looks really nice! It seems like they have lots of little extra things to keep the kids entertained there. :thumbsup2 I'm glad Aisling had a nice end to the day! :goodvibes

HMMMM...I responded to this last night but the DIS seemingly took my response away! It was a good last night activity and it was nice for her to have down time with her new buddies. She misses them and doesn't quite understand why we aren't going on their next Disney trip with them!

I cannot believe your trip is already coming to an end! I'm glad the pool perked up Aisling! :goodvibes

It sure did! Pools make Aisling very happy. We have to drag her out of ours @ night

The pool area looks like a blast! I love Randy dumping the water on Ash's head. And Coop's is just the cutest! Those curls!!! J seems to be missing from most of the pictures, is that a boy thing. I can never get a nice picture of Dallas.

Sad your trip is coming to an end.

It does look fun. I never saw it in person (stupid packing) but Randy raved about it. However, since they got to check out the resort when they were lost...Randy did mention that he would rather stay on the Jambo side and just ride the bus over to the pool.

Randy and I both agreed that we liked Jambo better. Kidani is not bad, but there wasn't anywhere to grab a quick bite or snack. They had a little store, but I liked having Mara so close. And other options too, like Boma or Jiko if we wanted to go there. The pool was great at Kidani, I really loved hanging out there- so much that we went back the next night. There was a sign saying that it was for AKL guests only (didn't specify Kidani). J just had to know since he LOVES rules, or at least knowing what the rules are.

Jessica, I gave Kristne tons of pictures of the kids, not sure why she decided to leave Jackson out. . .j/k. He wouldn't be still much and could care less about pictures. I think I ended up with more pics of Ash this trip than J. If you filter for how many pictures J is actually looking at the camera, the number drops to maybe 3!

My goal was to show pics of my family and the aspects of the play area! Jackson is in the pool one. He wasn't in the other ones :rolleyes1 That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Cute pool pics! Looks like a great area. And LMAO at Stacy's kid just eating condiments. Kids are funny. Can't wait to see what your last day brings!

~Beka~

Cute pool pics! Looks like a great area. And LMAO at Stacy's kid just eating condiments. Kids are funny. Can't wait to see what your last day brings!

~Beka~

I think that's the new tip for the Disney budget board...have a child who only eats condiments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter