The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey everyone! We are headed down for the Fourth of July and staying at Bay Lake Tower. Besides the fireworks, is there anything we shouldn’t miss

Hey everyone! We are headed down for the Fourth of July and staying at Bay Lake Tower. Besides the fireworks, is there anything we shouldn’t miss
We have the 4th of July events and happenings that we know about so far listed HERE and there's some fun things. The American Adventure pavilion at Epcot always has great stuff and Mickey Mouse and some of his friends will be dressed for the occasion too.

Missing one of my best and oldest friends today. So will you please indulge me a moment while I share this with you all.
My friend Danny W it's been a little over 14 months since you were taken from us in a suspicious tragic accident when you supposedly fell off the side of a pick up truck and under the rear axle miles from where the incident that started everything began according to looking at google maps based on the limited newspaper article. We still have been told nothing other than it is still under investigation. I am mad and upset not with you my dear friend but at the system that is not only not giving us any information and justice but that is threatening the livelihood of one of your brothers. I will always suspect that your preferences were part of what took your life and that the person who did so is getting away with it based on who they are and who they are related to or at least know.
As I think of you today in this moment my dear friend I remember so many fond memories of our childhood together. I am remembering the 3 legged races, egg tosses, and water balloon tosses at the summer picnic we would attend on the grounds of a museum and park near your house. I am remembering you and me crawling on some of the displays and pretending that we lived back in the time the displays were from and talking about our hopes and dreams for the future. I am remembering the time we went wading in your parents basement while they were building the new addition and we had gotten lots of rain in the area. How I was scared and not wanting to go in and you tossed a small kids plastic ball in and told me if I wanted it I had to go and get it. I am remembering the times you would push me up the hill in the go cart that you had so that I could have the thrill of racing down the little hill on your road and how you would stand and block traffic knowing I was not the best at steering.
I miss you Danny W and every day still hurts a bit and I will always miss you until the day we see each other again in heaven.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this. Please understand that I can not give more details due to the nature of Danny's death and the fact that things are still "under investigation" (at least that is what his family is being told) and that a final report has not been given and no charges have been made if they every will.

Hi guys, I'm a single gay guy looking to make some new Team LGBTQ friends at Disney World in late August 2019. It appears that the parks are going to be busy (6/10 on Undercover Tourist) during Gay Days (August 15-18,) which might be too hectic and circuit-party-ish. And the parks appear to be pretty empty (4/10) the week after Gay Days (August 19-24,) which could be good or bad. What would you guys recommend? Big gay circuit party, or crickets?

Hi guys, I'm a single gay guy looking to make some new Team LGBTQ friends at Disney World in late August 2019. It appears that the parks are going to be busy (6/10 on Undercover Tourist) during Gay Days (August 15-18,) which might be too hectic and circuit-party-ish. And the parks appear to be pretty empty (4/10) the week after Gay Days (August 19-24,) which could be good or bad. What would you guys recommend? Big gay circuit party, or crickets?
It really just depends on what you want for your vacation. If you’re here to enjoy the parks, you’ll have a better time during the second week. If you want loads of parties and opportunities to meet new people the gay days week will work. Personally, I’d go for the second week, but it’s totally up to you.

Hello everyone! I'm heading down in 5 short days! Its a big milestone cause not only is it gonna be a big birthday bash for me and a Halloween party for my bestie later in our trip but; its going to be my very first vacation going down as a man! here's to hoping your boy looks handsome as can be an passes while having Disney fun! :dog2::rainbow:

Hey, y'all! Just wanted to say hi and that I appreciate the addition of an LGBTQ-centric section of the forum so much. I used to be on another Disney fansite and made the jump here because of how much anti-LGBTQ bigotry was allowed on that site. In fact, the only place to specifically discuss LGBTQ topics was started by someone who was constantly disparaging towards LGBTQ individuals and the thread was filled with transphobic noise!

Glad to be on a more inclusive site :-)

Hey, y'all! Just wanted to say hi and that I appreciate the addition of an LGBTQ-centric section of the forum so much. I used to be on another Disney fansite and made the jump here because of how much anti-LGBTQ bigotry was allowed on that site. In fact, the only place to specifically discuss LGBTQ topics was started by someone who was constantly disparaging towards LGBTQ individuals and the thread was filled with transphobic noise!

Glad to be on a more inclusive site :-)
Welcome! We're so glad you're here! :goodvibes 🌈

Who has a trip planned to WDW this year? When are you going? Where are you staying? Let's hear all about it.
I was there at the end of December for NYE celebration. First time doing that. Overall that was a great trip and got to ride RotR twice. I stayed at Pop Century. I would do NYE again. But I would probably not hang out in the Italy area of Epcot. There was, what sounded like, a rave going on in the Italy Pavilion. All we heard was the bass.

Will be going back the first week of May. I am booked at a Deluxe Studio at the Riviera Resort. Will be the first time doing Flower and Garden. A group of us are doing a VIP tour this trip. I bid/won one during the Dreams 20th Live Auction last August. Still in the early phases of planning where I want to eat and what I want to do. This trip I want to do a bit more relaxing for the first couple of days before friends get to WDW. Thinking of going to see the new Cirque du Soleil show one night. Want to try some new restaurants, like Sebastian's. Toledo, at the Grand Destino tower, and Topolino's at Riviera are both wonderful places to try. Highly recommend them both.

Then planning on going to Destination D in November, just before U.S. Thanksgiving. I have booked at the Wilderness Lodge for that trip.

Have been thinking of going to Disneyland for NYE later this year and going back to Universal Studios Hollywood and do the WB Studio Tour again. Did the DIS exclusive ABD Southern California Backstage Magic trip in December 2018. That was so much fun. Did Universal and WB before the ABD trip and want to do them again. Plus seeing all of the Christmas stuff at Disneyland is magical. Haunted Mansion Holiday is probably one of my favorite rides.

Have been thinking of going to Disneyland for NYE later this year and going back to Universal Studios Hollywood and do the WB Studio Tour again. Did the DIS exclusive ABD Southern California Backstage Magic trip in December 2018. That was so much fun. Did Universal and WB before the ABD trip and want to do them again. Plus seeing all of the Christmas stuff at Disneyland is magical. Haunted Mansion Holiday is probably one of my favorite rides.

Nice! We've never been to Disneyland but of course it's on our list... especially to see the Haunted Holiday overlay. We're headed to WDW for Gay Days starting May 30th to June 10th staying at Coronado with a group of friends. Hoping to do RotR twice as well. But who knows what will happen with the crowds over the summer...

Who has a trip planned to WDW this year? When are you going? Where are you staying? Let's hear all about it.

Also planning on Destination D this November. Nothing is booked yet, however. I'm planning on being on site somewhere, but that's about what I know at this point. Also going to DL every month...timed (hopefully) to a different festival or celebration. Next trip is last weekend of February for Food and Wine.

I have two planned! Me and my gf are heading down May 2-11 to celebrate my birthday, albeit early (mine is later in the month but it was cheaper at the beginning and I figure weather/crowds would be better). We are staying at the Poly and upgraded to CL thanks to a really nice AP discount. We stayed at the Poly for the first time in 2018 and fell in love with it, it’s become “our place”, so much that we added 2 more days to this upcoming trip just for more resort time. We have never done CL before though so we are super excited...I’m just worried we’ll get spoiled lol!

The other is an impromptu July 4 weekend trip to see the fireworks, again at the Poly. GF thinks it’s a solo trip for me but I am surprising her when we go down in May with an AP upgrade on her ticket. It will be an early birthday present because hers is the end of July.

I have two planned! Me and my gf are heading down May 2-11 to celebrate my birthday, albeit early (mine is later in the month but it was cheaper at the beginning and I figure weather/crowds would be better). We are staying at the Poly and upgraded to CL thanks to a really nice AP discount. We stayed at the Poly for the first time in 2018 and fell in love with it, it’s become “our place”, so much that we added 2 more days to this upcoming trip just for more resort time. We have never done CL before though so we are super excited...I’m just worried we’ll get spoiled lol!

The other is an impromptu July 4 weekend trip to see the fireworks, again at the Poly. GF thinks it’s a solo trip for me but I am surprising her when we go down in May with an AP upgrade on her ticket. It will be an early birthday present because hers is the end of July.
How fun!!! I've never stayed at Poly but it's on the wish list. It's my favorite resort in terms of theming and ambiance. It's the one resort where I feel totally transported to another place beyond WDW.

I booked my first trip to Disneyland in May! It will also be my first visit to Hollywood and California. I am going through ABD with my father who had also never been to Disneyland. We are very excited, I still can’t believe I’m going!

I also have a WDW trip scheduled for August staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am really looking forward to the runaway railway. I have always loved Hollywood Studios and am excited to see it come back to life again.

I booked my first trip to Disneyland in May! It will also be my first visit to Hollywood and California. I am going through ABD with my father who had also never been to Disneyland. We are very excited, I still can’t believe I’m going!

I also have a WDW trip scheduled for August staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am really looking forward to the runaway railway. I have always loved Hollywood Studios and am excited to see it come back to life again.
I've been wanting to do ABD. I just can't comprehend the sticker price for the European getaways. That said, I've looked at the Disneyland ABD a few times and have contemplated. Maybe next year we'll get to Disneyland. My DH was just talking the other day about a trip to DL.

Totally understand about the sticker shock with any ABD trip. When I did the DIS exclusive Southern California Backstage Magic ABD in December 2018, I did it as a solo traveler (since I didn't feel comfortable sharing a room). So my cost was 1 1/2 times the single person rate for double occupancy. I would have loved to have done the DIS London-Paris and DLP trip last October, but couldn't see paying over $10K as a single person (this was before trip insurance, airfare or pre/post days added on).

But even with the sticker shock, after having been on an ABD trip, I can tell you the cost is well worth it. Maybe if I had a bf or a friend I was comfortable sharing a room with, I would try to go on more ABD trips.

I would have loved to have done the DIS London-Paris and DLP trip last October, but couldn't see paying over $10K as a single person (this was before trip insurance, airfare or pre/post days added on).

Whenever Kevin on the podcast talks about ABD, I always dream...but then the sticker shock gets me, just like you. There's no way I can justify that right now as wonderful and great as the trip would be.

We should totally see who's around when y'all are in DL this summer. I haven't booked any trip past February yet. I'd be down to meet up for a drink, food or a whirl on a ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!