The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
But sure, we can start a business. So far I've decided on an astronomy-based B&B that sidelines in furniture reclamation and repurposing and Disney trip planning. Sound good? LOL.
B&B may be a bit tough, how about start with the astronomy-based restaurant/furniture reclamation/Disney planning? :)

Then we can expand. Don't want to get TOO ambitious from the get-go!

See? I'm a good planner.

I am soooo jealous! I am very disenchanted with my career right now. It would be safe to say that I am totally burned out. I am a people person, really, and somehow I ended up in accounting and federal compliance regulation, and the older I get, the less patience I have for this. I have these recurring fantasies of just up and quitting and doing god knows what. (If I knew what, I'd probably quit and do it!)

I'm relatively early on in my career, and I'm already disenchanted and completely burned out. Not quite sure how to avoid this. My problems stem from being a complete introvert though and just ending up entirely drained every single day from the demands of my job. I love the technical aspect of my job, but the dealing with people continually from emails, to in office messenger, to the phone, to people stopping by my cube ALL day just wears me down.

I hope you are able to take the leap and move to a job that makes you happier! The figuring out what would make you happier is definitely the hard part.

Just got out of the gym believe it or not I use to weigh 260 lbs - terrible. Obviously now that I'm hitched up I got a bit comfortable but I always watch what I eat - also it's so sad or community when I was heafty no onereally wanted to talk to me but the moment I got in shape everyone does - it's sad and so transparent how we view body image in the gay community.

Last edited:
Just got out of the gym believe it or not I use to weigh 260 lbs - terrible. Obviously now that I'm hitched up I got a bit comfortable but I always watch what I eat - also it's so sad or community when I was heafty no onereally wanted to talk to me but the moment I got in shape everyone does - it's sad and so transparent how we view body image in the gay community.

View attachment 193585 View attachment 193586
There are people that like someone with some weight on them. Depends where you go and how you feel about yourself, too.

As for body image in the gay community, I agree. But just to point out you did it within your own description of yourself. Calling 260lbs terrible.

FWIW, they don't look at you when you are slim either. At least in Fort Lauderdale. If you don't have a body for sin, for sin, they pretty much look right through you.

There are people that like someone with some weight on them. Depends where you go and how you feel about yourself, too.

As for body image in the gay community, I agree. But just to point out you did it within your own description of yourself. Calling 260lbs terrible.

I do think theirs a difference between body shaming and being unhealthy at 260 I was ridiculously unhealthy making bad decisions about weight and not exercising - however that doesn't change that I wouldn't talk or look down on anyone who was heavier.

Honestly, I'm glad that those people wouldn't give me the time of day. I wouldn't want to be with someone that shallow. ;) Thanks for weeding yourselves out, snooty folks!

Oooh I get to make my fast pass selections starting tomorrow! I printed a calendar on which parks ill try to do for fastpass selections. and 1-2 days open for universal. :)

I'm hoping scifi diner has a walk-in for lunch one of the days i'm there.

Oooh I get to make my fast pass selections starting tomorrow! I printed a calendar on which parks ill try to do for fastpass selections. and 1-2 days open for universal. :)

I'm hoping scifi diner has a walk-in for lunch one of the days i'm there.

Got mine done this morning... I'm about to post a long rant in the TPAS forum. ROFL. Here's what I wrote:

So I selected my FP+ this morning, and can I just say that the interface is horrible?! I did this in 2014 and don't remember it being nearly this frustrating. My main complaint is that it's very frustrating to have to select each FP+ individually (instead of three at a time if you want) and then every time I went back to select another on the same day, you have to choose the day again and reconfirm that you want it to apply to everyone in your party. You would think there would be a way that you could tick a box or something to indicate that you want every single choice to apply to all.

I would love to see them enable selecting all three FP+ on one screen.

I also think they should narrow the FP+ window to half an hour apart. If you want FP+ for two attractions right next to each other, it's perfectly feasible that would be able to make one right after the other, especially since the FP+ window is for an hour. If you wanted to FP+, just as an example, Space Mountain at noon and Buzz at 12:30, that technically gives you til 1:30 to get in line for Buzz.

Also, due to EBKAC error (error between keyboard and chair) I accidentally made FP+ selections for today, then it blocked me for picking them my last day so I had to go all the way back to MDE dashboard to cancel those. How about enabling canceling from the FP+ selection screen? You can view your plans from that screen, but you can't edit them.

Then there were all the usual Disney IT snafus - when canceling my incorrect FP+, the screen froze and had to be reloaded... the first time I selected November 13th FP+ screen, it showed no FP+ availability at all in any of the parks, but later I was able to select... just... ugh. 7 AM is too dang early to be having to wrestle with the proverbial Disney IT alligator.

Last edited:
Got mine done this morning... I'm about to post a long rant in the TPAS forum. ROFL. Here's what I wrote:

So I selected my FP+ this morning, and can I just say that the interface is horrible?! I did this in 2014 and don't remember it being nearly this frustrating. My main complaint is that it's very frustrating to have to select each FP+ individually (instead of three at a time if you want) and then every time I went back to select another on the same day, you have to choose the day again and reconfirm that you want it to apply to everyone in your party. You would think there would be a way that you could tick a box or something to indicate that you want every single choice to apply to all.

I would love to see them enable selecting all three FP+ on one screen.

I also think they should narrow the FP+ window to half an hour apart. If you want FP+ for two attractions right next to each other, it's perfectly feasible that would be able to make one right after the other, especially since the FP+ window is for an hour. If you wanted to FP+, just as an example, Space Mountain at noon and Buzz at 12:30, that technically gives you til 1:30 to get in line for Buzz.

Also, due to EBKAC error (error between keyboard and chair) I accidentally made FP+ selections for today, then it blocked me for picking them my last day so I had to go all the way back to MDE dashboard to cancel those. How about enabling canceling from the FP+ selection screen? You can view your plans from that screen, but you can't edit them.

Then there were all the usual Disney IT snafus - when canceling my incorrect FP+, the screen froze and had to be reloaded... the first time I selected November 13th FP+ screen, it showed no FP+ availability at all in any of the parks, but later I was able to select... just... ugh. 7 AM is too dang early to be having to wrestle with the proverbial Disney IT alligator.

When we made our FP+ a few weeks ago, it was the first time I had done it and I was astounded at home much redundancy was unnecessarily built into the process. It has always surprised me that Disney can have some great tech in park, but they can't seem to figure out a functional website that is user friendly.

Hope you got everything you wanted after all the headaches!!

When we made our FP+ a few weeks ago, it was the first time I had done it and I was astounded at home much redundancy was unnecessarily built into the process. It has always surprised me that Disney can have some great tech in park, but they can't seem to figure out a functional website that is user friendly.

Hope you got everything you wanted after all the headaches!!

I mostly did. I found DHS to be the hardest because I loooove Star Tours. I would ride it a hundred times if I could, and I wanted to make sure I got a last shot at Great Movie Ride, since it seems to be going away, but I also wanted Rockin' Roller Coaster which I haven't ridden before. I'm rope dropping TSMM, just because I think it's a fun way to start the day, and as of now, I have GMR for my first-tier, but that leaves me unsure what to do about RNRC which IIRC has longer wait times than GMR, but GMR is overall more important to me, sooo... meh. Just not sure.

Don't remind me about GMR going away, I'm so glad my niece will have a chance to ride it while it's still there. It's my favorite ride at DHS.

Currently freaking out because I'm not sure where I put my MNSSHP tickets (they mailed them to me a few months ago) and I don't know what to do. Has anyone here lost their tickets before? :scared1:

Don't remind me about GMR going away, I'm so glad my niece will have a chance to ride it while it's still there. It's my favorite ride at DHS.

Currently freaking out because I'm not sure where I put my MNSSHP tickets (they mailed them to me a few months ago) and I don't know what to do. Has anyone here lost their tickets before? :scared1:

I have heard that if you take the credit card you used to purchase them to a customer service desk at your resort they can reprint them for you. But you may want to just call WDW and ask them what you should do, to be safe. In any case, don't panic - I'm sure this happens all the time.

I started my FP+ selections today. Got through about 4 days and took a break! Plus they don't show you what times you picked already so you don't have to click a pop-up window to scroll through your plans to then see what you chose.

Who developed this bloated process? Amazing how cumbersome it is. And I agree on those 1 hour blocks that can't overlap. I don't remember it being that strict before.

Plus having so many 1st tier at Epcot makes it really annoying since I want frozen, test track and soarin! Bah I say! Bah! ;)

I do miss the old fastpass system of getting it in the park. takes some spontaneity out of things. But I will still have a great time and get depressed on the last night! :)

I started my FP+ selections today. Got through about 4 days and took a break! Plus they don't show you what times you picked already so you don't have to click a pop-up window to scroll through your plans to then see what you chose.

Who developed this bloated process? Amazing how cumbersome it is. And I agree on those 1 hour blocks that can't overlap. I don't remember it being that strict before.

Plus having so many 1st tier at Epcot makes it really annoying since I want frozen, test track and soarin! Bah I say! Bah! ;)

I do miss the old fastpass system of getting it in the park. takes some spontaneity out of things. But I will still have a great time and get depressed on the last night! :)

I managed to get all mine done in about 20 minutes, but jeez... yes, that was annoying. So like I'd pick my first FP say for 9:35, not remember it was exactly 9:35, try to make my second one at 10:30, and it wouldn't let me, so then I'd have to go back, and half the time the back button took me all the way back to the screen that listed ALL the attractions, not just the one I had wanted with other times. Disney has terrible Web IT.

I didn't really like having to get them in the parks just because whatever steps I can save walking I love to save, but it seems like they could make just a few improvements to the process and it would be a much better experience.

I wanted to go ahead and get Frozen out of the way first thing, so I was able to snag a 7:45 Frozen FP on 11/12, the day we get there. I was pretty stoked about that. I love dark rides at night. And I was glad I got it since it's F&W still that day. I just had to move my touring plan around a little, so we'll be hitting an earlier Eat to the Beat (BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY!) at 5:30 instead of later.

I managed to get all mine done in about 20 minutes, but jeez... yes, that was annoying. So like I'd pick my first FP say for 9:35, not remember it was exactly 9:35, try to make my second one at 10:30, and it wouldn't let me, so then I'd have to go back, and half the time the back button took me all the way back to the screen that listed ALL the attractions, not just the one I had wanted with other times. Disney has terrible Web IT.

I didn't really like having to get them in the parks just because whatever steps I can save walking I love to save, but it seems like they could make just a few improvements to the process and it would be a much better experience.

I wanted to go ahead and get Frozen out of the way first thing, so I was able to snag a 7:45 Frozen FP on 11/12, the day we get there. I was pretty stoked about that. I love dark rides at night. And I was glad I got it since it's F&W still that day. I just had to move my touring plan around a little, so we'll be hitting an earlier Eat to the Beat (BIG BAD VOODOO DADDY!) at 5:30 instead of later.

I would love to see Big Bad Voodoo Daddy again :( I was bummed they weren't playing while we're at WDW. I hope you do some kind of review and let us know how awesome they are :)

We're fortunate that we have DL so close so we can skip certain things (like soarin and star tours) and not feel too terribly bummed that we missed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter