The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

It looks like you can book the party now! I got all the way through selecting a date/time but I'm on the fence if I want to devote that much time to it with so much to do during the party.

It looks like you can book the party now! I got all the way through selecting a date/time but I'm on the fence if I want to devote that much time to it with so much to do during the party.
I'm wondering about this as well, as I've never gone to a special hours party like Oogie Boogie before. What are thoughts from people who went last year about doing the parade dessert party?

I'm wondering about this as well, as I've never gone to a special hours party like Oogie Boogie before. What are thoughts from people who went last year about doing the parade dessert party?
We went last year and loved it. Just booked again. We go to OBB for the ambiance and special entertainment more than for the rides so we find we have plenty of time for those things and the desert party.

We personally had no issues walking up and getting a spot on the curb 20 - 30 minutes before parade time. We had seven people in our party and still didn't have issues.

We went last year and loved it. Just booked again. We go to OBB for the ambiance and special entertainment more than for the rides so we find we have plenty of time for those things and the desert party.
Different question for you - would it be better to get into Villians Grove early or later in the party? I may go ahead and book a dessert party and can always cancel as long as it's 24 hours before the party but wasn't sure which time would be better.

I did the dessert party last year. I liked it. Our table was right on the main walkway in front of WCT. Lots of interaction with the parade performers. It’s also great because you get a chair to sit in.

But it’s generally not difficult to find a good viewing area for the parade during the party, so I would consider the dessert party a luxury if you aren’t planning to spend the time doing other things.

Different question for you - would it be better to get into Villians Grove early or later in the party? I may go ahead and book a dessert party and can always cancel as long as it's 24 hours before the party but wasn't sure which time would be better.
Early you loose a bit of the feel because its still light out but later can have longer lines. I enjoyed the walk through but probably not doing it again this year.

Last year we did VG at the very end of the night right after the second parade. App said 40 minutes but we waited less than 5 minutes. We viewed the parade across from Little Mermaid and got our spot maybe 15 minutes before. After VG we rushed over to Soarin for the last ride of the night. It was a great way to end the party.

We also did VG right near the end of the night in 2019 and it worked very well- we walked right in with no wait at all.

Thanks all for the info on VG! That's how I was leaning to handle it too - that's the one thing I really want to see! I did book the dessert party for the first parade. I'm still recovering from a knee injury so sitting on the ground isn't an option for the parade. So I thought get the parade over and done with then I'll have the rest of the party to do everything else I want to.

I came here all excited to share about the Dessert Party that I thought everyone missed but apparently I'm the slow one lol.

I loved it last year and found it wonderful.
Yes I do almost every dessert party but I loved how this was right on the route and found it perfect. Dealing with plantar faciitis currently so that seat is a godsend. I'm also doing two parties so can decide if the second warrants another party ( taking someone else who hasn't been).

I came here all excited to share about the Dessert Party that I thought everyone missed but apparently I'm the slow one lol.

I loved it last year and found it wonderful.
Yes I do almost every dessert party but I loved how this was right on the route and found it perfect. Dealing with plantar faciitis currently so that seat is a godsend. I'm also doing two parties so can decide if the second warrants another party ( taking someone else who hasn't been).
We are doing two parties as well and thought about doing the dessert party for one of them too. So hard to decide!

I think at this point I'm in the "No" camp just because I don't like feeling restricted on time. We'll see though!

thats our plan too since we'll be staying at the Grand...do VG then walk right to our room
We're staying at the Grand Californian as well (I booked it solely because of Ooogie Boogie Bash, otherwise we'd be at the DLH). I'm really crossing my fingers that they allow guests to go back to the hotel. I've heard conflicting reports, but I guess even if we had to go out the main entrance it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Can someone tell me what their interpretation is of the Plaza Inn Halloween Fireworks Package. Do you just go to Plaza Inn and get the food to take away and can you then eat it in the reserved viewing area?

Okay, so first time doing Oogie Boogie, but have done many MNSSHP at WDW. We’ve done DCA before, but this is our only DCA visit this trip.

Plan to enter right at 3, do some rides while waiting for official party start. Will save the treat trails until the end of the night to avoid carrying around a ton of candy. Character meets aren’t a priority, but the parade is. Is it easy to get a good viewing spot at a Sunday night party? How long in advance will we need to stake out a spot? And am I reading correctly that there’s only one parade time? Should I be trying to book the dessert party to get a better viewing spot? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Okay, so first time doing Oogie Boogie, but have done many MNSSHP at WDW. We’ve done DCA before, but this is our only DCA visit this trip.

Plan to enter right at 3, do some rides while waiting for official party start. Will save the treat trails until the end of the night to avoid carrying around a ton of candy. Character meets aren’t a priority, but the parade is. Is it easy to get a good viewing spot at a Sunday night party? How long in advance will we need to stake out a spot? And am I reading correctly that there’s only one parade time? Should I be trying to book the dessert party to get a better viewing spot? Thoughts? Suggestions?
They usually have 2 parades. You can get a spot about 15 minutes before. Personally, I wouldn’t pay for a dessert party for it, unless you absolutely wanted a chair.

Just keep in mind that it gets extremely busy during the mix in time, so ride lines get very long. Like 40 minutes for Little Mermaid long. Might be a good time to do Mickey’s Philarmagic, Turtle Talk, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter