*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

To follow-up, I did summarize a number of the concerns that have been raised regarding beverage coolers, presence of microwave and location of plug (outlet position requires hanging cord over beverage center), overall design of beverage center relative to DVC guests, and noise in rooms. The email that I received in return was relatively generic, but I suspect that they did send these concerns up the management chain.

I agree that many of the concerns that owners have shared here should also be expressed in writing to DVC. This may be especially true as construction is ongoing at Grand Floridian in general - some of the design elements and concerns could potentially be remedied by the construction crew that is currently on site. Putting a new outlet above an existing outlet is a relatively easy fix, for example. Installing real refrigerators instead of a beverage cooler, is also relatively easily done without taking rooms off-line for a significant period of time. Placing a toaster in the room takes no time at all, really. Noise - probably not very easy to fix at this point other than some modifications to doors and/or soundproofing of existing walls that have access points (such as the bathroom in some circumstances).
I also wrote a lengthy letter. I never write letters, but I felt it was necessary. I hope if enough people write, they’ll make necessary changes.

Agree, it’s helpful for me to gather thoughts and understand experiences here, however feedback to DVC is also important.
I just told them after touring the new studios how I felt as an original VGF1 owner about how it should have been a separate association... It didn't sound like I was the first one that they had heard that from...

Seeking VGF2 standard view recommendations for an October stay. First stay as a new VGF owner (add-on after 20 years @ BWV :)) I‘ve done some research and want to avoid the rooms without balconies, possibly avoid the first floor, and preference would be facing the pool. Don’t plan on requesting a specific room number but if I could get a sense of floors/ranges of room numbers that might be a fit I’d be most appreciative.

Have attempted to clarify using Touring plans maps but haven’t quite got that down yet 🥴

Many thanks!

NEW Grand Floridian Resort Loungefly Mini Backpack Arrives at Walt Disney World

We found this new Grand Floridian Loungefly mini backpack inside the resort at Curiouser Clothers. If you’re looking to take a piece of the stunning deluxe resort with you on the go, this is it!

Grand Floridian Loungefly Mini Backpack — $75​

Grand Floridian Loungefly

NEW Grand Floridian Resort Loungefly Mini Backpack Arrives at Walt Disney World

We found this new Grand Floridian Loungefly mini backpack inside the resort at Curiouser Clothers. If you’re looking to take a piece of the stunning deluxe resort with you on the go, this is it!

Grand Floridian Loungefly Mini Backpack — $75​

Grand Floridian Loungefly

Love it. Just got the RIV one in July. If this is still there when my DD and her boyfriend go in October I will have them get it for me!

:welcome:VGF Owners!! I thought it was time we got our own Board!! I hope you'll join me in planning and discussing upcoming trips!! *WELCOME HOME!* Enjoy!!!

*If you own at VGF and would like to be listed, please let me know, and i'll be happy to add you to the Owner's List!

*If anyone has any recent room views they can share with us, please do so, and i'll post them to assist guests with future room requests! Thank you!
Hi MrSap. Just discovered this thread. You can add me to the list of owners. Since 2013! Thanks

We finally viewed the new studios in person while staying at VGF and we were really glad to be in the villas. We were there for 10 nights and having the extra shower and kitchenette was huge for us. I'd consider booking the new studios for a few nights but that's it.

VGF 2 Bedroom Standard View Room 1313 - Just returned from trip. First stay at VGF. Loved it! A few photos including room view, balcony, master bedroom, living room with murphy bed pulled down, kitchen, Keurig coffee maker (with capability to brew a pot or a single serve pod and supplies provided for both). Edited to add: this was a Standard View room, but we were happily surprised to discover that we had a pretty nice view of fireworks!

Attachments

• VGF7.jpg
    VGF7.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 99
  • VGF6.jpg
    VGF6.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 89
  • VGF5.jpg
    VGF5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 82
  • VGF4.jpg
    VGF4.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 80
  • VGF3.jpg
    VGF3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 86
  • VGF2.jpg
    VGF2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 86
  • VGF1.jpg
    VGF1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3844.jpg
    IMG_3844.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
VGF 2 Bedroom Standard View Room 1313 - Just returned from trip. First stay at VGF. Loved it! A few photos including room view, balcony, master bedroom, living room with murphy bed pulled down, kitchen, coffee pot (with capability to brew a pot, or a single pod and supplies provided for both).
Love the new coffee pots!! At BPK they had the singleserve Keurig. I’m surprised they didn’t use this one for both. Hope you had fun! Thanks for the pics, counting down the days till we go back 🥰

Last edited:
Love the new coffee pots!! At BPK they had the singleserve Keurig. I’m surprised they didn’t use this one for both. Hope you had fun! Thanks for the pics, counting down the days till we go back 🥰
We had a great time! Group of 7 with plenty of room in this awesome Villa. Ate breakfast at the room every day, did a hot dog/chips & dip lunch, a chicken nugget with mac & cheese lunch, and a did a "pizza party" dinner one night. Saved us some money and it was fun to cook and eat at the Villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!