*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Disney has offered a new look at the upcoming DVC expansion and refurbishment at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.

7765768E-95D0-4A68-A9DC-2C94ACE6A1E7.jpeg

375E45EC-BB70-444D-8E2F-854EC1547AC4.jpeg

ECDC2350-1982-4020-A802-DAB0B9D5959A.jpeg

C544CE03-D2E5-48D3-8FA0-759EB32CA1EC.jpeg

8FED4199-A192-46F1-82B9-0C617636575F.jpeg
Thanks for posting these! Is the third picture from a 2-Bedroom? I haven't seen this picture posted elsewhere.

Thanks for posting these! Is the third picture from a 2-Bedroom? I haven't seen this picture posted elsewhere.
Looks like a 1BR with lockoff to a studio. The door toward the back on the left side of the picture would lead to the studio, which counts as the second bedroom in a 2BR lockoff.

Looks like a 1BR with lockoff to a studio. The door toward the back on the left side of the picture would lead to the studio, which counts as the second bedroom in a 2BR lockoff.
Oh, that could be. I was referring to the picture with the 2 queen beds with the plaid headboards.

The hotel rooms at Big Pine Key that are going to get a soft goods refurb + new surfaces in the bathrooms and be sold as resort studios are 440 sq. feet whereas the deluxe studios in the original VGF building are 374 sq. ft.. I suppose based on that size difference they could justify charging more for the resort studios.

Totally agree!! When I saw the Resort Studio room, I thought it looked elegant! Then, I saw the refurbed and was a little sad. I definitely prefer the current more Victorian feel that they have now. 😢
I’m feeling much better! According to https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...n-vacation-club-rooms-coming-to-disney-world/ (is it okay to mention them on here?), the plaid picture with two beds is from the bedroom(s) in the Grand Villa. I’m hoping it’s the 3rd bedroom only. The deluxe studio does have the plaid headboard. The 1 BR (which is what we will usually stay in) doesn’t have the plaid and neither does the second bedroom if in a 2BR. 😁 C056DD08-967F-4BDE-830D-A0FFC1BBF0F3.jpeg75A9B634-EDE8-4B29-B55B-65DFD6AF3933.jpeg8CE98E9D-C700-4156-952F-6B7D6DE020E6.jpeg2EE3A656-2A62-4242-853F-EAD559D14378.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 608867

Wow, I do not like the look of the refurb of the existing deluxe studios! Way too much brown and plaid. It looks really dark and blah. And the dark brown bed with drawers all around looks clunky and old fashioned. I'm really disappointed in their choices.

The new hotel studios look much better in my opinion. Much lighter and the finishings and color palette just look "nicer" to me.
I agree, but with a soft goods refurbishment, they do not usually replace the furniture. This is the same furniture that is there now just reupholstered (other than replacing the sofa bed with a Murphy bed).

I’m feeling much better! According to https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...n-vacation-club-rooms-coming-to-disney-world/ (is it okay to mention them on here?), the plaid picture with two beds is from the bedroom(s) in the Grand Villa. I’m hoping it’s the 3rd bedroom only. The deluxe studio does have the plaid headboard. The 1 BR (which is what we will usually stay in) doesn’t have the plaid and neither does the second bedroom if in a 2BR. 😁 View attachment 609818View attachment 609822View attachment 609823View attachment 609824
These look great - thanks for posting!

I agree, but with a soft goods refurbishment, they do not usually replace the furniture. This is the same furniture that is there now just reupholstered (other than replacing the sofa bed with a Murphy bed).

I know they don't replace the furniture. It's the brown on brown on brown palette I don't care for. The furniture is already brown, so let's do a brown headboard AND brown curtains!

I know decorating is subjective and some people may like this new design. There is just something about it that looks wrong to me and it just doesn't feel like it's nice enough for Disney's flagship resort. The new studios in Big Pine Key do look nice to me. It's just the OG studios look like a Dad's den, not something I would expect in a nice hotel.

Last edited:
I know they don't replace the furniture. It's the brown on brown on brown palette I don't care for. The furniture is already brown, so let's do a brown headboard AND brown curtains!

I know decorating is subjective and some people may like this new design. There is just something about it that looks wrong to me and it just doesn't feel like it's nice enough for Disney's flagship resort. The new studios in Big Pine Key do look nice to me. It's just the OG studios look like a Dad's den, not something I would expect in a nice hotel.
I agree! I don’t care for the brown plaid either. It doesn’t look Victorian. I’m hopeful it looks better in person. 🤞🏻

I've convinced myself that this is going to make it hard to get the existing standard view deluxe studios because:

1) The standard view resort studios will probably be cheaper than standard view deluxe studios and perhaps go first, which is good...
2) However, there will be lake view resort studios (quite a few since a whole long side of the building faces the water) AND theme park view resort studios that are likely more points than the standard view deluxe.

Once the standard view resort rooms are gone, people will probably book the next cheapest thing which would be the standard view deluxe in the original building.

Booooo.

They are also doing a soft goods refurb on the existing studios. Disney Parks Blog said the refurb is scheduled to start in November. The article said they are also replacing the couch/sofa bed combo with a pull down murphy bed.
Will all existing studios get the two beds instead of the pull out couch or just the new ones being built in big pine key?

Will all existing deluxe studios get the two beds instead of the pull out couch or just the new ones being built in big pine key?
Only the resort studios in Big Pine Key will have the 2 queen beds. The deluxe studios in VGF1 will have the sofa/murphy bed.

I don’t see any, however there is a link attached for additional information… HERE

Seems as there will be a STUDIO and DELUXE STUDIO. It doesn’t seem as a standard studio will have a sink, microwave or toaster (if I’m reading this properly…)

Discover stylish accommodations evoking a world of Victorian charm and grandeur. The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offer an array of room options, including:

• NEW! Resort Studios
  • Deluxe Studios
  • 1-Bedroom Villas
  • 2-Bedroom Villas
  • 3-Bedroom Villas
Whichever you choose, your stay at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will transport you to an era of bygone splendor, where you and your family can relax and explore at your leisure.

NEW! Resort Studios*
These all-new Studios will sleep up to 5 Guests, with 2 queen-size beds and a day bed. Enjoy luxe touches like quartz countertops, ornate crown molding and patterned tile. Resort Studios also feature a flat-screen TV, a beverage center with a beverage cooler and coffee maker, and a gleaming bathroom with marble tile floors and a combo bath/shower.

NEW! Enhancements to Deluxe Studios and Villas
Deluxe Studios and Villas will soon be enhanced with cleverly redesigned living areas and the finest Victorian design touches, including new textiles in living rooms and bedrooms.

Deluxe Studios
Each Deluxe Studio sleeps up to 5, and will include a new pull-down, queen-size bed that tucks away seamlessly into the wall, in addition to a queen-size bed and a charming pull-down bunk-size bed that’s perfect for little ones. Deluxe Studios also have a full split bathroom with separate private areas, a flat-panel TV and a kitchenette with a wet bar, small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.
So will there be three studio categories: resort studios, deluxe studios and standard studios? The article above mentions "new pull down Murphy bed" in deluxe studios.

So will there be three studio categories: resort studios, deluxe studios and standard studios? The article above mentions "new pull down Murphy bed" in deluxe studios.
There are two types of studios: resort and deluxe.

There are two deluxe studio views: standard and lake.

It is speculated that there could be up to 3 different resort studio views: standard, lake and theme park.

"Standard" in both cases refers to the view and not the layout of the room.

1) The standard view resort studios will probably be cheaper than standard view deluxe studios and perhaps go first, which is good...
I’m not convinced of this.

First, the new Resort Studios are considerably larger in terms of square feet. In the hotel and timeshare industries, square footage is an important consideration for cost.

Second, DVD’s recent history has been to charge as much as they think they can get away with. I suspect the new Studios will require at least as many points as the old Studios.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter