*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Although generally I love it, the carpet in the living room above reminded me of a faded OKW carpet. I'll bet it was the same interior designer.

I just saw that too!!! So it’s pretty much a resort room that you can use your points for. I hope there are a lot less of them compared to Deluxe!! I’m not sure how many DVC owners will want to essentially downgrade their room.
There will be 200+ resort rooms (new building) and still 47 deluxes (original VGF building). I am not happy.

I honestly really like the looks of the Resort Studio Color Scheme over the Deluxe Studio.
Same! Though I like both.

Well I believe AKV has these don't they? and Maybe Vero Beach or HHI? They were less points I think a Night so maybe it might be worth it for some?

Do they!? So AKV’s Value studios have no sinks, microwaves or toasters?? I thought the ‘value’ studio just meant a crappy view. 🤔

Do they!? So AKV’s Value studios have no sinks, microwaves or toasters?? I thought the ‘value’ studio just meant a crappy view. 🤔
They are sightly smaller, but are deluxe studios with sinks, etc. 40% pool view, 40% savannah, 20% parking lot view. There are no straight up hotel rooms at AKV. Aulani however does have them.

Initial thoughts while still processing these pics... I'm sorry to see the wood floors go in the VGF1 deluxe studios. The VGF2 studios are bigger and do look nice, but the shower/tub combo is going to produce a run on the 47 VGF1 deluxe studios with split bathroom. Also not sure how I feel about having green being so prevalent in general. Feels a bit dated, but not in a victorian way for me. Hard to put my finger on it. Maybe it'll grow on me- like a fungus. The concept art isn't bad, but I do hope they will look better once they're actually completed.

Wow, I do not like the look of the refurb of the existing deluxe studios! Way too much brown and plaid. It looks really dark and blah. And the dark brown bed with drawers all around looks clunky and old fashioned. I'm really disappointed in their choices.

The new hotel studios look much better in my opinion. Much lighter and the finishings and color palette just look "nicer" to me.

II'm sorry to see the wood floors go in the VGF1 deluxe studios. The VGF2 studios are bigger and do look nice, but the shower/tub combo is going to produce a run on the 47 VGF1 deluxe studios with split bathroom.
The VGF1 studios only had wood near the entrance through the kitchennete. There's no photo of that area in the refurbishment photos, so maybe it's staying.

Same...hoping there's no run on the VGF1 studios.

YIKES that neon pastel carpet and kitchen seating fabric in the existing 1/2 bedrooms? Weird choice...

I like the design of the resort studios although boo to the combo shower and tub. A deluxe hotel needs a frameless glass shower, period.

The Opposite! Im betting they will be more points than the deluxe!
Classifying them as a different category would allow them to increase the point per night.

I pray they are less (no kitchenette, no glass shower, etc) or at least the same. If they are *more* than the existing deluxe studios they are completely screwing over the existing owners, the rooms in the original building will be gone in an instant.

The Opposite! Im betting they will be more points than the deluxe!
Classifying them as a different category would allow them to increase the point per night.

I pray they are less (no kitchenette, no glass shower, etc) or at least the same. If they are *more* than the existing deluxe studios they are completely screwing over the existing owners, the rooms in the original building will be gone in an instant.

To me, that would make no sense that a ‘standard’ type resort room would cost more than a Deluxe? How would they justify that? 🤔

To me, that would make no sense that a ‘standard’ type resort room would cost more than a Deluxe? How would they justify that? 🤔

Logically I agree it doesn't make sense, but business-wise the higher the points per night = the more points they have to sell = the more $$ they make. I'm sure they could come up with reasons why they're worth more to try to defend it - more square footage, two real beds, etc.

Logically I agree it doesn't make sense, but business-wise the higher the points per night = the more points they have to sell = the more $$ they make. I'm sure they could come up with reasons why they're worth more to try to defend it - more square footage, two real beds, etc.

I agree with you completely but the way things have been trending i can just imagine them being higher.
I certainly hope I am wrong and they are just the same amount.

So when is the refurbishment of the original VGF building occuring? I didn't see rooms being taken out of inventory, etc. I thought it was supposed to start this autumn/winter.

So when is the refurbishment of the original VGF building occuring? I didn't see rooms being taken out of inventory, etc. I thought it was supposed to start this autumn/winter.

Supposed to be November. I haven’t heard anything regarding my Nov. trip yet.

View attachment 608867

Wow, I do not like the look of the refurb of the existing deluxe studios! Way too much brown and plaid. It looks really dark and blah. And the dark brown bed with drawers all around looks clunky and old fashioned. I'm really disappointed in their choices.

The new hotel studios look much better in my opinion. Much lighter and the finishings and color palette just look "nicer" to me.

Same. I do not like this at all. Drab brown and beige planned is not at all to my tastes. It also doesn't look particularly on theme with the era.

Last edited:
Supposed to be November. I haven’t heard anything regarding my Nov. trip yet.
They originally had everything blocked off for early December when 11-month booking came out. There were rooms that could not have possibly been reserved by other members which were taken out of inventory without explanation.

After multiple complaints from members, the rooms suddenly became available. Yeah, I was one of those members who emailed Terri Schultz about it. I hope that my reservation isn't affected. We specifically booked a 2BR at VGF because we have a conference there and we're bringing an infant. I'll be beyond pissed if they move us to another resort or put us in hotel rooms.

Those worried about the points per night, could they do this instead?

Raise the points on the deluxe studios and then put the new resort rooms at the old price point of the deluxe studios? Theres a gap between studio and 1br that they could shift those deluxe studios into. Not sure if they can do that based on rules, but just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter