The Official VILLAS at DISNEYLAND HOTEL (Discovery Tower) Owners and Fans Info Thread

Does anyone know the % of Standard View deluxe studios that are The Princess and the Frog themed vs Sleeping Beauty themed?

We booked a studio for March 30-April 3 renting two sets of DVC points - but we got 2 nights in a standard view and then 2 nights in preferred. Wonder if they will let us stay all 4 nights in the same studio, even if it means staying in standard view? Or should we pack and move rooms? Going back through the thread to see if there is a difference between the two rooms, aside from views. Let me know your thoughts!

We have never been to Disneyland and are SO EXCITED! We will get on the Disney Wonder after we leave Disneyland!

We booked a studio for March 30-April 3 renting two sets of DVC points - but we got 2 nights in a standard view and then 2 nights in preferred. Wonder if they will let us stay all 4 nights in the same studio, even if it means staying in standard view? Or should we pack and move rooms? Going back through the thread to see if there is a difference between the two rooms, aside from views. Let me know your thoughts!

We have never been to Disneyland and are SO EXCITED! We will get on the Disney Wonder after we leave Disneyland!
I believe you can only have the same room category for them to merge the reservations.

You could stay and then move or perhaps see if you can rent a few more points to get the preferred view for the first couple of nights to merge both reservations. I am using the assumption that March 30th & 31st are standard view cuz you listed that first. I just checked and there’s preferred view still available for March 30th & 31th but no standard view for April 1st & 2nd.

Jackpot! Used some more SSR points for a couple of days during Easter! Gonna check out Knotts for the Boysenberry Festival.
Congrats, that's great! I thought holidays would be hard here ! May I ask how VDH availability is looking for April, March and Feb? I am wondering if you can use VGF direct points at VDH.....

Congrats, that's great! I thought holidays would be hard here ! May I ask how VDH availability is looking for April, March and Feb? I am wondering if you can use VGF direct points at VDH.....
Yes you can use VGF direct points at VDH. It just has to be at the 7 month window. Forget about Feb. The end of March still has a few days in a row for Deluxe Studio preferred view. For April, there’s availability if you hop right on it at the 7 month window. Check the DVC website and good luck.

Yes you can use VGF direct points at VDH. It just has to be at the 7 month window. Forget about Feb. The end of March still has a few days in a row for Deluxe Studio preferred view. For April, there’s availability if you hop right on it at the 7 month window. Check the DVC website and good luck.
Thanks @Kidguile. this is helpful. Still in closing on my 1st resale (super excited), but now also thinking of VGF direct before the summer incentives end to cover VDH/WDW visits (so no access to DVC website yet...)

We are excited for our first stay over Veteran's Day Weekend. I have a 2 bedroom booked for Thursday and Saturday nights and waitlisted for Friday night. I have booked a 2 bedroom cash for Friday in the event that the waitlist doesn't come through (refundable until five days prior). Assuming the waitlist doesn't come through, will be have to move rooms? I know booking cash versus DVC is different, but are the rooms physically different rooms? Hoping someone may have some insight...

I have a Duo Studio standard view booked for 10/7-10/11 (cash). Thought I read somewhere that some of the duo studio rooms have balconies. Has this been confirmed?

I have a Duo Studio standard view booked for 10/7-10/11 (cash). Thought I read somewhere that some of the duo studio rooms have balconies. Has this been confirmed?
It has not been definitively confirmed, outside of Garden Rooms.

The scale model includes balconies for some Duos. More tellingly, the Condo Plan documents submitted by DVD as part of the POS also indicate some balconies on Duos, so it's very likely balconies were built.

The Duos that the model and the Condo Plan indicate have a balcony are not externally viewable yet due to construction access and shape/positioning of the building.

Even viewing that the balconies exist might not be enough to confirm the rooms have usable balconies. It's theoretically possible that they built these balconies with just windows from the rooms and no doors to access the balcony. This would be cruel but it's possible.

If you really want a balcony with a Standard View Duo, you should try to get a south-facing room. What you get a view of might be particularly underwhelming, though this is likely true of nearly all standard view rooms at VDH.

We are excited for our first stay over Veteran's Day Weekend. I have a 2 bedroom booked for Thursday and Saturday nights and waitlisted for Friday night. I have booked a 2 bedroom cash for Friday in the event that the waitlist doesn't come through (refundable until five days prior). Assuming the waitlist doesn't come through, will be have to move rooms? I know booking cash versus DVC is different, but are the rooms physically different rooms? Hoping someone may have some insight...
I would chat/email/call MS, give them all three confirmation numbers, and ask them to put a “continuing stay” notation on them. That lets the room assigners know. You probably need to call the cash reservations number and do the same thing. Then on arrival, ask at the front desk whether you’re set to stay in the same villa. If not, that’s the best chance to fix it!

Think it’s just concept art and not going to see those as balconies. Hasn’t been pictures taken recently from the top of the parking structure to see that pool side area. Appears there might be a structural extension from those windows but doubt those will be balconies. Only the garden units are confirmed patio or balcony Duo & Studios currently.

I ask the DVC CMs every time I’m at the lounge or the preview centers and the response has always been that yes some will. I would also ask if the models are accurate and they said yes. But it’s still a hard hat area so none of these ppl saying yes have actually seen the balconies. I’m eager waiting for more info myself. Have preferred duo booked for opening day and this would be a game changer for me.

What would I expect to see out my window if I end up booking a preferred view studio versus a standard view? I'm waiting for the 7 month window to open up for me for mid April and would grab what I can but just wondering.

What would I expect to see out my window if I end up booking a preferred view studio versus a standard view? I'm waiting for the 7 month window to open up for me for mid April and would grab what I can but just wondering.
This is still a bit of a gray area. Preferred Views state they are pool views, but there are technically pools on both sides of the building (monorail pool and new VDH pool) It is assumed for now standard view rooms will look at parking lots/Walnut Street… but a preferred view(pool view) from the back of the tower that faces Walnut Street will definitely still have residential views until those trees they planted mature…. It’s confusing lol I feel like we aren’t going to know for sure what the view situation is going to be until it opens! Hurry up September 28th!!!

This is still a bit of a gray area. Preferred Views state they are pool views, but there are technically pools on both sides of the building (monorail pool and new VDH pool) It is assumed for now standard view rooms will look at parking lots/Walnut Street… but a preferred view(pool view) from the back of the tower that faces Walnut Street will definitely still have residential views until those trees they planted mature…. It’s confusing lol I feel like we aren’t going to know for sure what the view situation is going to be until it opens! Hurry up September 28th!!!
Yup we’re all guessing. But all 2 bedrooms are listed as preferred and half view each pool so it’s a good guess for sure.

facebook twitter