The Official: This Day in Disney History Thread!

1932- Mickey's Nightmare" a Mickey short where mickey dreams he Marries Minnie is released
1942- Bambi is released!!!!

This is a great thread, just now finding it! In about a year we can post: "August 7, 2007 - Disney announces extension of YOMD. August 9, 2007 - Disney announced MGM will be Hollywood Studios. August 14, 2007 - High School Musical 2 has its world premiere at Disneyland." But for August 15 . . . I don't know. I will be sure to check daily and add to your great list!

I will Be on VAcation for the next 8 Day. Not Disney :guilty: But the Mid US. I will post all the Disney History for the days I'm Away.

1931- "Blue Rhythm" a Mickey Short is released
1991- "Lifestyles of the Rich and Animated" Starring Ludwig Von Drake airs on TV

WOW! You've been busy :)

I have some to add:

August 17 - 2004: The Three Musketeers starring Mickey, Donald and Goofy is released as a direct-to-DVD movie. It is the first Disney DVD to use the new structural menus and Disney's Fastplay.

August 19 - 2005 - The animated movie "Valiant" is released in theatres. It is distributed through Disney, but was actually created by an outside company (much like "The Wild" was in 2006).

August 25 - 2006: The Cheetah Girls 2 premieres on Disney Channel to the biggest opening for any Disney Channel movie ever, producing more views than even High School Musical's opening.

August 26 - 2003: "Stitch! The Movie" is released as a direct-to-DVD sequel to 2002's "Lilo & Stitch". It serves as the double-episode pilot of Lilo and Stitch: The Series, and is the first of three Stitch sequels.

1931- "Egyptian Melodies" a Silly Symphony is released

1948-"inferior Decorator" a Donald Short is released

1964- Premiere of "Mary Poppins" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, CA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter