The Official: This Day in Disney History Thread!

1984- Morocco pavilion opens in World Showcase at Epcot The first country to be added since opening.

1991- "darkwing Duck" a TV series is released on ABC

1992- Goof Troop a Tv series is released

Ok I messed up disney History in the past 3 days so i suggest you check the correct history for those dates out. Also I will try something new I will post tomorrows history so if i can't get to it that day or forget I can do it tomorrow so you will either have your history a day early or on the day it Happened. Tell me what you think

Captain Hook-ed on Disney!pirate: pirate:

1991- The disney Co. acquires Discover Magazine

1991 Baby manatee CHESTER at Epcot- CHESTER stands for Children helping Endangered Species to eventually recover.

1997- Soft opening of DTD WEST side.

1964- Walt Disney Receives The medal of freedom at the White house from President Johnson.
1985- "The Golden Girls" the tv series debuts on NBC
1985- "Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears" the tv series debuts on NBC

Sept. 12

2005 - Hong Kong Disneyland officially opens to the public. Hey, I think I know the answer to a certain Disney trivia question now . . .

1984- Dedication of Morocco pavilion at Epcot
1997- DTD West Side opens at WDW
2001- "Stanley" an animated series debuts on Disney Channel

1996- Universe of Energy opens with Ellen DeGeneres as the new "host".

1997- Disney premeirs the West Side section of Downtown Disney.

2006- First day of MNSSHP.

1993- "The Sinbad Show" Debuts on Fox
1997- The First ESPN store opens in the glendale galleria
1998- "elaborate Lives: The Legend of Aida: The Stage Show debuts in for previews in Atlanta, Ga

1991- "home Improvement the tv series
1998- Accreditation for disney AK by the American Zoological Association is announced

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter