The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Is there a front desk number? I guess I’ll just google it, the only number I know is the general Disney number to book any reservation. I had thought you couldn’t call a hotel directly, that all calls went to an offsite call center. Maybe that doesn’t matter, as long as they can at least check and see if anything else happens to be available.

eta: because we won’t be there yet unless our room isn’t available until really late, we’ll still be swimming at SAB. Maybe I should try to take the sky liner over and just check in/check on our room assignment in person in the morning while everyone else starts swimming.
Oh, I see. I'm not sure you could until you physically got into the room and called from your desk phone (or walked down to the front desk).

Oh, I see. I'm not sure you could until you physically got into the room and called from your desk phone (or walked down to the front desk).
I was looking around in the app, and under the resort information where our room
Number will be is a call resort option. I doubt that actually goes to the physical resort, but it’s probably the best number to call to try to ask.

Yep. Their drink mug stations are just like the others. Coke freestyle machines, hot coffee, hot water for tea, Golden Peak teas, all included in Drink Mugs. and for those that do not know, the drink mug works at all disney resorts so we like to take breaks at MK or Epcot area hotels on the monorail or boats and gets drinks and take an hour break.

But, does anyone know if Disney carries the DIET version or NO SUGAR SWEET version of the Golden Peak tea? Either at the drink stations or in the markets?

Will be heading to Riviera for the first time -- new owner! -- and had intended to use the main area of the 1-bedroom for our 9-month-old who does best in her own space. Is there a way to block out light coming from the glass door to the balcony though? Has anybody done this successfully?

Will be heading to Riviera for the first time -- new owner! -- and had intended to use the main area of the 1-bedroom for our 9-month-old who does best in her own space. Is there a way to block out light coming from the glass door to the balcony though? Has anybody done this successfully?

Ours had a shade you could pull down, but we were ground floor, so I’m not sure if that is why, or if they all have one.

Yes, there was a roman shade (I think that's what it's called) on that door. We were on one of the upper floors, so it's not just ground floor.

Yes, there was a roman shade (I think that's what it's called) on that door. We were on one of the upper floors, so it's not just ground floor.
Yep, we have a shade on our balcony door. Speaking of balcony doors….why doesn’t the Master bedroom in the 2 bd units have a functional sliding glass door like the other bedroom has? It looks like they maybe worked at one time?

You can also use the tub area of the bathroom (very dark and has doors on both sides) as long as you don't mind going the long way around to use the bathroom at night.

Thanks for updating the list :) I totally forgot about room size, ooops! We are staying in a studio.
Updated!

Unless they recently changed it, this is the direct line to RIV.

@summerw Can you add this to the "general info" on pg. 1 of this thread?
I added it under "General Info." Thanks!

View attachment 588104
Ours had a shade as others mentioned. Definitely the bathroom is large enough and the area up by the front door in front of the closet might possibly work too.

I forgot to mention, we have 2 trips planned! We will be at Riviera December 26-31, 2021, and June 3-10, 2022!

But, does anyone know if Disney carries the DIET version or NO SUGAR SWEET version of the Golden Peak tea? Either at the drink stations or in the markets?
There are pics of everything in the market on page 74 in this thread. It doesn't look like it, but there is one bottle turned around I can't say for sure. It looks like Snapple to me though. I'll definitely try to take pics in Primo Piatto next time I go, but that won't be until after Christmas!

Was curious if anyone else has experienced this? We have been to Disney once or twice a year as cash customers. This was our first DVC stay as owners at Riviera, last year we were cash customers. There were MULTIPLE occasions where we smelled marijuana over by the quiet pool. We stayed in room 8115/8117 and were there for 7 days, skyline access area . What the hell is Disney becoming? Its ok if you do your thing, but Jesus, go in the car, in the parking lot. To me this is unacceptable , Riviera is not a trashy resort! To me its somewhat comparable to the Floridian. So disappointed in this as my children were like what's that smell ?? Im assuming there's not security there?

You can also use the tub area of the bathroom (very dark and has doors on both sides) as long as you don't mind going the long way around to use the bathroom at night.

The curtains are wonderful and block light out very well ! We accidentally slept till 11 am the one morning ! Our little ones NEVER sleep that late! Neither do we!

Was curious if anyone else has experienced this? We have been to Disney once or twice a year as cash customers. This was our first DVC stay as owners at Riviera, last year we were cash customers. There were MULTIPLE occasions where we smelled marijuana over by the quiet pool. We stayed in room 8115/8117 and were there for 7 days, skyline access area . What the hell is Disney becoming? Its ok if you do your thing, but Jesus, go in the car, in the parking lot. To me this is unacceptable , Riviera is not a trashy resort! To me its somewhat comparable to the Floridian. So disappointed in this as my children were like what's that smell ?? Im assuming there's not security there?

If you see someone smoking or vaping outside of the designated areas, you can talk to any cast member to address it.

Does anyone have the latest "Resort Activities" poster? We were hoping to plan our free day around some of those things and the planner in me likes to know before we arrive at the resort so we can work out the logistics. Specifically, when the "activities" room is open on Fridays. Thanks!

Just changed to a 1 Bedroom Prefer view from a Deluxe Studio for 1 night Pre cruise stay next month.
Where can I find all of the info on a 1 bedroom the first page? I know it has a washer and dryer and a studio didn't. Thank you!

Does anyone have the latest "Resort Activities" poster? We were hoping to plan our free day around some of those things and the planner in me likes to know before we arrive at the resort so we can work out the logistics. Specifically, when the "activities" room is open on Fridays. Thanks!

The activity room was open daily 3 pm - 10 pm. 6/27-7/3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter