The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

The ONLY negative I’ve noticed is the lack of a real table service restaurant. Topolino’s isn’t really an option more than once for breakfast (or dinner) and no table service for lunch at all. While the counter service is good, like Topolino’s, not something I’d like everyday.

From what I’ve been told, any room facing the resort front is standard view.
I think the intent was that the Primo Piatto would be such high quality and ambience, it would be like a TS. I remember hearing someone say something like that at a press event.
I haven’t eaten there yet but I can’t imagine with Covid precautions and reduced menus that it’s playing out well. Did you try Bar Riva?

What is Disney World like in May? Temps and crowds (if things were back to normal)?

We’ve been in May twice. Very warm but more manageable to me because less humidity. And the crowds were pretty light in the beginning of the month. Nowhere near the levels mid-April (two weeks after Easter).

Go back 2 or 3 pages I posted a map which outline all the view locations by floor.

Actually found it:
https://www.disboards.com/goto/post?id=62253152

Your room numbers on the West Wing (Skyliner side) preferred view are not correct. Room types seem right but room numbers 16,18,20,and 22 should be 30,32,34 and 36 respectively, at least on the 4th floor. If you need more checked let me know!

Don't forget you are within walking distance of the CBR restaurants. I consider those extra nearby choices a real plus to Riviera's location.

We walked over there yesterday and all but 1 pool bar and a quick service was closed. It would probably be better in normal circumstances, I agree.

I think the intent was that the Primo Piatto would be such high quality and ambience, it would be like a TS. I remember hearing someone say something like that at a press event.
I haven’t eaten there yet but I can’t imagine with Covid precautions and reduced menus that it’s playing out well. Did you try Bar Riva?

We did Bar Riva baked Brie and Le Petit Cafe charcuterie last night. Both were delicious! Le Petit Cafe doesn’t start serving their limited menu until 4 pm though. I haven’t seen an expanded menu from original opening so maybe it’s just the curse of 2020. :rolleyes1

Edited to add: I’m just spoiled from staying mostly at Poly. Kona and Grand Floridian Cafe are excellent for breakfast.

Your room numbers on the West Wing (Skyliner side) preferred view are not correct. Room types seem right but room numbers 16,18,20,and 22 should be 30,32,34 and 36 respectively, at least on the 4th floor. If you need more checked let me know!

Oo! Good catch. This was our best guess on room numbers based on the Rooms with a View. Haven't been yet to verify if our educated guess was correct - :-). Will update your info - thanks!

What is Disney World like in May? Temps and crowds (if things were back to normal)?
It's been a few years since I was there for a May trip, but I remember love bugs. Not as bad as September, but present.

I don't hear people talk about them anymore so maybe they aren't as much of a problem as they once were? I remember a trip in September 2000 that was so bad I was picking them out of my kids' hair. blech

We’ve been in May twice. Very warm but more manageable to me because less humidity. And the crowds were pretty light in the beginning of the month. Nowhere near the levels mid-April (two weeks after Easter).
I honestly wouldnt mind eating at Sebastians when its open at CBR. The menu seems really interesting and from some video reviews the food seems pretty good too. Plus I just have special memories of CBR, since the wife and I honeymooned there. Now the building we stayed at was torn down and rebuilt at Riviera and we now own riviera lol so who knows.

OMG, we checked out Sunday morning and almost had the same view from room 8532 , Preferred One bedroom.
Loved the view. We got an upgrade from a standard one bedroom 8271. We were not able to sleep in the mornings after 8am with the employees shouting at each other and the sound of maintenance vehicles. We were later informed that we were next to the delivery area! It also had a bad odor in the morning when we tried to go out to the balcony.
I will post picture of the two different views.
Not sure that we will ever stay standard again, if we can help it.

OMG, we checked out Sunday morning and almost had the same view from room 8532 , Preferred One bedroom.
Loved the view. We got an upgrade from a standard one bedroom 8271. We were not able to sleep in the mornings after 8am with the employees shouting at each other and the sound of maintenance vehicles. We were later informed that we were next to the delivery area! It also had a bad odor in the morning when we tried to go out to the balcony.
I will post picture of the two different views.
Not sure that we will ever stay standard again, if we can help it.

One floor down! I’m assuming the noise was your first room because it was dead quiet in ours pretty much all the time. I couldn’t even hear pool music unless I was on the balcony. I love the 1 bedroom layout and space.

We did the DVC tour and then I remembered the new restrictions on Riveria. While we are unlikely to sell, I’m unsure of its resale potential for the kids.

The trip was wonderful and I had no safety concerns. We encountered only 1 family who weren’t wearing masks and had to be told by CMs to put them on. CMs were incredibly friendly and thanked us of visiting. Our plan was to relax at the resort mostly. Given the heat and afternoon thunderstorms, it was a good plan!

Yesterday afternoon in Epcot

If I could just drive to Disney in 6-8 hours I might be tempted but a 20 hour drive or a flight is not really something I want to do. We have our trip in March and I expect will go as I already proactively don't have the kids coming. They will come in Dec '21 or Jan '22.

Does anyone know if the the vending machine where you can order the art prints is open right now?
I apologize if this is the wrong thread, I'm not sure where to ask this question.

It's been a few years since I was there for a May trip, but I remember love bugs. Not as bad as September, but present.

I don't hear people talk about them anymore so maybe they aren't as much of a problem as they once were? I remember a trip in September 2000 that was so bad I was picking them out of my kids' hair. blech

Love bugs are still bad. May is the big swarm and a lesser swarm is in September/October. They’re attracted to the color white and carbon monoxide.

I would avoid going in May if they bother you. They’re harmless to people, just annoying.

One floor down! I’m assuming the noise was your first room because it was dead quiet in ours pretty much all the time. I couldn’t even hear pool music unless I was on the balcony. I love the 1 bedroom layout and space.

We did the DVC tour and then I remembered the new restrictions on Riveria. While we are unlikely to sell, I’m unsure of its resale potential for the kids.

The trip was wonderful and I had no safety concerns. We encountered only 1 family who weren’t wearing masks and had to be told by CMs to put them on. CMs were incredibly friendly and thanked us of visiting. Our plan was to relax at the resort mostly. Given the heat and afternoon thunderstorms, it was a good plan!

Yesterday afternoon in Epcot
View attachment 523691View attachment 523692View attachment 523693
The noise was in the first room that we were assigned.

We did Bar Riva baked Brie and Le Petit Cafe charcuterie last night. Both were delicious! Le Petit Cafe doesn’t start serving their limited menu until 4 pm though. I haven’t seen an expanded menu from original opening so maybe it’s just the curse of 2020. :rolleyes1

We loved Bar Riva; attempting to re-create the Almande Grog tonight 👍

Love bugs are still bad. May is the big swarm and a lesser swarm is in September/October. They’re attracted to the color white and carbon monoxide.

I would avoid going in May if they bother you. They’re harmless to people, just annoying.

As long as they don't bite, I don't think they would bother us that much.

We rebooked for April 2021 after our cancelled May holiday and have hit our 7 month window. We bought into Riviera with the view we’d try other resorts. We sat down to work out where else to stay as a split stay as we were thinking of adding on resale, but after going back and forth landed on that we just didn’t want to stay anywhere else.

Maybe it will change and we will want to try other resorts but for us right Riviera seems the best option. As we’re travelling from outside the US I hope things settle so we can get there!

Hello all! I just managed to stalk availability and put together a split stay for thanksgiving week - first half is in Copper Creek (which I'm familiar with) second half is going to be at Riviera!! (it was Polynesian but I'm nervous about the construction messing up our access to the Grand Ceremonial House - plus we wanted to check out Riviera anyway so -WIN WIN)

As I said - first time for us at this resort - I tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything re: the current offerings of activities?
I know there was a community hall - Eventi I think?

Are there still things going on in the Community Hall? Can we still do the scavenger hunt or the art scavenger hunt?

Bocce (sp) ball?

I know there are still pool activities in the feature pool - but I remember seeing some early videos when they first opened of the Community Hall and some Build your own Race Car and Racing activity?

Just wondering what is happening now - thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter