The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will take a picture of the menu. I am wondering about the prices as well. It looks like there are a bunch of pic.s of the temp location of Capt. Cooks. We will be checking in early on Weds. We do not have plans for that day. I will be having fun exploring the resort and taking pictures. I will have to remember to bring the kids sand toys. The beach at the Poly looks much nicer than the beach was at CR.

On another note--are there changing areas near the pool? I plan to check in early (we will be staying in DTD for three days prior) and would like the kids to be able to go in the pool. I am pretty sure that our room will not be ready early (that has never happened for us). The last thing that I want is to have someone (maybe even a Diser) notice our bag of clothes and think we are pool hopping!!

ckmommy said:
I will take a picture of the menu. I am wondering about the prices as well.

Here's a link to pictures of the menu's w/ prices (posted by Safetymom):
http://www.idhal.com/captain cooks.htm
The flatbread pizza is not shown in these pictures but the price was either $7.19 or $7.99 (can't quite remember) :confused3 .

ckmommy said:
On another note--are there changing areas near the pool? I plan to check in early (we will be staying in DTD for three days prior) and would like the kids to be able to go in the pool. I am pretty sure that our room will not be ready early (that has never happened for us). The last thing that I want is to have someone (maybe even a Diser) notice our bag of clothes and think we are pool hopping!!

There are restrooms inside the volcano (behind the waterfall) or on the 1st floor of the GCH around the corner from the Wyland Galleries. I'd recommend the one in the GCH, the lighting in the volcano pool restroom seemed to be a little lacking (this may be because I was going in from the bright sun :smooth:).

mhanback said:
ckmommy:

Will you take a picture of the new menu, so I can see prices and what all is there?
I have just realized the new menu is not showing french fries...my husband will die! And no adult chicken tenders...this is what we live on there; we are very picky eaters.
Thanks and have a great time!!!

French fries are available but just not put on the new menu. The new 3 kind of chips are also very good.

I haven't had time to read this thread thoroughly - sorry if this is a repeat question.

Is there no refillable mug program at the Poly right now? I thought I read where Poly guests had to walk to the GF to buy mugs... So do you have to walk there everytime you want a refill? Please tell me I am all wrong about this! We're leaving for the Poly in 6 days... :goodvibes

BeanoC said:
I haven't had time to read this thread thoroughly - sorry if this is a repeat question.

Is there no refillable mug program at the Poly right now? I thought I read where Poly guests had to walk to the GF to buy mugs... So do you have to walk there everytime you want a refill? Please tell me I am all wrong about this! We're leaving for the Poly in 6 days... :goodvibes

There are no refills at the Poly. If you want refillable mugs then you have to buy them at another resort and then use them at said resort. Personally I wouldn't waste my time hiking over to the GF to save a few bucks on drinks. Captain Cooks has bottled sodas and juice for your convenience.

I think with the new renovations all of the rooms now have a refridgerator, so you could just bring/buy some drinks and stock it since there is no mug program right now.

Hi all!

Going to Poly for 2 nights in early December before heading to WL for 5 nights. We are so excited about our first stay at the Poly!!

Can someone give me info on their room service?

Is is offerred?

How's the food ;) ???

We will arrive at the airport at about 2:30 PM, and we plan on just hanging out at the resort for the evening. . .we want a low-stress way to start off our vacation!

I'll appreciate any info!

:wave2:

aesalsa said:
Hi all!

Going to Poly for 2 nights in early December before heading to WL for 5 nights. We are so excited about our first stay at the Poly!!

Can someone give me info on their room service?

Is is offerred?

How's the food ;) ???

We will arrive at the airport at about 2:30 PM, and we plan on just hanging out at the resort for the evening. . .we want a low-stress way to start off our vacation!

I'll appreciate any info!

:wave2:

:wave2: Hello. The Poly does offer in-room dining and you can take a look at the menu.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/men_polr.htm

I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy it yet . . . but reviews on the boards are very positive.

Just wondered if there was a clock or digital display of time anywhere in the rooms. i know i can get a wake up call but I'm not a big fan of watches so was just curious, thanks

fizz13 said:
Just wondered if there was a clock or digital display of time anywhere in the rooms. i know i can get a wake up call but I'm not a big fan of watches so was just curious, thanks

We stayed in the Hawaii bldg earlier this month and there was a digital alarm clock. I am assuming all the rooms would have one.

I have a couple of Poly questions.

1. Does anyone have any idea when Tahiti will be completed? I understand they are taking it down any day now for rehab.

2. My DH and myself are staying at the Poly CL in late November. As a surprise our dd and DSIL's and grandkids MAY be coming for a few days. Did I read somewhere that the concierge has strollers for use of their guests? I am wondering because our DGS would be 1 1/2 yr at that time. If we are allowed the use of a stroller it would be nice. If not my DD will bring one.

3. I would love to reserve two garden view rooms for our girls and their husbands. If Tahati was open I might be pressed to book three rooms and just stay there with them. :rotfl2: I don't even know it they are coming for sure yet. Hope to know in a week or so.

Shhh it is a surprise for my DH.

DaisyD said:
There are no refills at the Poly. If you want refillable mugs then you have to buy them at another resort and then use them at said resort. Personally I wouldn't waste my time hiking over to the GF to save a few bucks on drinks. Captain Cooks has bottled sodas and juice for your convenience.

I am planning to order a lot of bottled water from gardengrocer.com I don't have their item list memorized, but I am sure it includes soda, juice, etc. Prices are very reasonable (reg. grocery store prices) and the delivery fee is just $10. I haven't used them before, but have read only good things on these boards. I can let you know if it went OK when I return. Since you will have a refrigerator, it may be worth considering. It should be cheaper than buying from the resort.

Angel16 said:

1 Did I read somewhere that the concierge has strollers for use of their guests? I am wondering because our DGS would be 1 1/2 yr at that time. If we are allowed the use of a stroller it would be nice. If not my DD will bring one.

My family and I stayed concierge last month and we had use of a stroller for the entire stay. However - I would follow up before arriving as it is my understanding that they only had two.

mlwear said:
I am planning to order a lot of bottled water from gardengrocer.com I don't have their item list memorized, but I am sure it includes soda, juice, etc. Prices are very reasonable (reg. grocery store prices) and the delivery fee is just $10. I haven't used them before, but have read only good things on these boards. I can let you know if it went OK when I return. Since you will have a refrigerator, it may be worth considering. It should be cheaper than buying from the resort.

We just did this for our July 10 arrival, and I can't stress how wonderful it was. I spent total about $50 for 3 cases of water, some juice boxes, a half gallon of milk and some apples. We used the water everyday in the parks with the small cooler in the bottom of the stroller and always had ice cold water available. We also saved each morning by having the kids drink juice boxes for their breakfast drink. My DH said more than once that my ordering that water was a good idea.

Garden Grocer was a great service. They were early, professional, and even gave us more water than we ordered or paid for because their supplier was sending them 32 bottles of water per case instead of the 24 their website said. I'd recommend them to anyone.

First timer said:
Angel16 said:

1 Did I read somewhere that the concierge has strollers for use of their guests? I am wondering because our DGS would be 1 1/2 yr at that time. If we are allowed the use of a stroller it would be nice. If not my DD will bring one.

My family and I stayed concierge last month and we had use of a stroller for the entire stay. However - I would follow up before arriving as it is my understanding that they only had two.

Yes, and they are on a first-come, first-serve basis.

1st time staying at poly in dec 06. will have hawaii bldg concierge, lagoon view. has anyone stayed since the refurb? how far is walk to monorail from this bldg? 1st time concierge. any tips? thx I can't wait for christmas at disney!! :wizard:

Tam1067 said:
Garden Grocer was a great service. They were early, professional, and even gave us more water than we ordered or paid for because their supplier was sending them 32 bottles of water per case instead of the 24 their website said. I'd recommend them to anyone.

We are considering using them, also. You didn't order any alcohol from them , did you?

I have emailed with them and understand how it will work to get the beer from them, but was interested to hear from someone who had actually done that.

I read somewhere that this was the case (maybe on Intercot) but I can't find it now to link it back.

Anyone know if the reopening date has been moved up?

suffolkprincess said:
I read somewhere that this was the case (maybe on Intercot) but I can't find it now to link it back.

Anyone know if the reopening date has been moved up?

I read that in this week's Mouseplanet update, but I think that is incorrect. I think it is scheduled to be going on until at least December.

If anyone would have the most accurate info it would be Steve (aka Tikiman). http://tikiman2001.homestead.com

Status
Not open for further replies.