The Official New Mom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joats - I'm sorry to hear that Jace has the blood disorder. I'm sending warm wishes your way that he doesn't need a blood transfusion. :grouphug:

joats - I hope everything works out for Jace! If moving is the best thing for your family, do it! Keep us posted on how you all are doing!

I'm going to be soon! Night all!

I didn't see the thread where people posted they felt left out! Now that I am home, I don't have as much free time as I used to read and post like I did at work. I am sure that nobody on this thread intentionally leaves someone out, for me personally, it is nearly impossible to remember everything that everyone posts and respond to it! Jill seems to be the only one who has mastered it and now I know her secret! A notepad! Great idea. :goodvibes
Anyway, hope those who feel/felt left out stick around. You just can't take something like that personally. Message boards are tough to keep up with, especially a lightning fast one like this!!! :lmao:

Goodnight everyone :wave2:

justhat - I think that snack sounds fantastic. Lucky kids!

DisKim - Cafeteria duty sounds like a chore. Forgive my ignorance, but is it basically making sure no food fights break out? I can't remember my teachers in the cafeteria with us but I also can't remember any food fights so someone must have been keeping us in line. LOL.

Hillbeans - Sorry, but I can't see your pictures. Sounds like a great time, though!

bellacam - I have to admit I'm wary about leaving Lucas with the in-laws, especially after this weekend. He's never stayed over there, but I say it's because they don't have a crib or anywhere for him. I'm secretly glad she hasn't bought one because then I wouldn't have an excuse. I know, I'm a horrible daughter in law.

Alice28 - Great picture! You look so happy to have your DH back.

lissawynn - I hope Jimmy feels better.

tkyes - Love Tyler's 9 mo. pics. The middle one cracked me up - he looks like he's doing a model's pose!

zalansky - Glad to hear the Christening went well. Sorry you weren't able to ride EE. I'm hoping to try it in October.

Inside Ball - I hope you're able to post some pictures. I'd love to see them!

llij - Glad Meagan's party went well. That pottery place sounds like fun.

DisneyPhD - Thanks for letting us know about that situation. It is a fast moving thread and even though I try to respond to everyone, I know a few posts get forgotten along the way. A few new moms have come and gone and I just figured it was a personal choice. I had no idea some felt driven away. I'm sorry that happened. I hope anyone reading this who felt that way would reconsider.

joats - I'm sorry to hear about Jace's blood disorder. I hope he can stay well. Congrats on his teeth. Where are you thinking of moving too? Are you staying in CT?

Lucas seemed much more like himself today. I found an activity table on clearance and I'm anxious to put it together and see how Lucas does with it. I'll try to take a few pictures if he's in the mood.

Tykes - Tyler is too cute! He has such beautiful eyes!!!!

Alice28 - Great pic! You guys look so happy!

Zalansky - Too bad about Disney. At least you can try again soon. I have to wait until December.

Nice to see/hear from you, Insideball!!

Hi Joats!!! I love the new pics! Jace is adorable. Hope all works out with him and the anemia.

SL - Glad Lucas is back to good!

I had seen comments about this thread specifically on the "cliques" thread. It was mentioned some people posted here and didn't get responses to their ?'s or comments.
This thread does move pretty fast and its easy for stuff to get past over. I usually bring a blank e-mail and type my responses as I read. I get to spell check that way too. Wow, I am anal!

Strawberry Lemonade said:
DisneyPhD - Thanks for letting us know about that situation. It is a fast moving thread and even though I try to respond to everyone, I know a few posts get forgotten along the way. A few new moms have come and gone and I just figured it was a personal choice. I had no idea some felt driven away. I'm sorry that happened. I hope anyone reading this who felt that way would reconsider.

That is just what I have always thought. That is why I was very suprized to see that. I don't respond to everyone mostly, but I am reading and well wishing. (quietly) ;)

:eeyore: Now I feel completely self--conscious that I must not forget anyone!!! Ack! I thought we always did a pretty good job of trying to respond to everyone who posted- it seemed if one of us didn't, someone else did. I don't think of the New Mom's Thread as a popularity contest or a clique or anything at all! :confused3 I was thinking the other night, how awesome would it be if somehow, someway we could all meet up at WDW sometime....I honestly feel like I 'talk' to you guys more than I talk with my friends here in Portland! It would be fun to meet everyone face to face and smile at everyone's babies. :love:

OK, where oh where to begin!

Health issues-

Joats- I'm so sorry Jace inherited your disorder. What exactly does the spleen regulate? I need a physiology refresher course. I will be praying that he doesn't need any blood transfusions.

lissawynn- Sam had a LOT of ear infections as a baby. To the point where his ped said, "If he gets one more in the next couple of months, we need to talk about tubes or giving him a preventative antibiotic." It never came to that. How many has he had now? It seemed with Sam he would often get them in one ear, get over it, then within a week get it in the other ear. So frustrating. And 1-2 times his eardrum actually burst. Ughhhhhhhh....I felt like a terrible mommy for that, but it did relieve the pressure and the ped said it doesn't do permanent damage if it only happens a few times.

When Molly saw the doctor on Saturday for her ear infection, she weighed in at 23 pounds 3 ounces. Whoa. She will easily be where my boys were at one year- about the 24# mark.

Justhat- those are some GREAT snacks! What fun for Madison!

DisKim- I always love reading those threads that imply that anyone who carries a balance on their credit cards is a loser idiot. Then count me in the loser idiot category I guess. And I'll tell you all a secret- we've charged Disney vacations before, and didn't have them paid off by the time we went! Gasp! Whatever, to each his own is my motto. How was lunch duty? When are you going to NC?

Zalansky- Wow- 2 hour wait for EE! I believe it. Man, I can't wait to go on it. We are thinking we are going to get a big chunk of $$ next year at tax time again, so I asked DH, "Can we just plan now that we will go to DL or WDW?" He just rolled his eyes at me and said, "What about Hawaii?" And bummer about not even getting into any restaurant either- but, hopefully you will get to go back soon and give us the FULL report!

Hi InsideBall! :wave:

Tkyes- Wow- Tyler is a looker! I too love the pic of him slyly looking over his little shoulder- what a funny guy! :cloud9:

SL- Glad that Lucas is back to feeling better. Let us know how the activtiy table works out.

Bellacam- LOL about the spell check- I usually try to proofread before I post...but not always!

Hi Jill & DisneyPhD! :wave2: :wave2:

Well, my news is that DH and I have decided that this summer we are going to get a line of equity on the house, since we have at least $100K of equity at this point. We don't want to move, even though our house is only 1500 square feet. So, we are going to finish the basement (it's the bare minimum right now), make the outside cellar door/porch enclosed to part of the house (that goes to the basement), enlarge the downstairs bedroom for DH and I (right now it's Molly's), fix our ceiling cracks, get a few new light fixtures AND best of all, something I have wanted to do since we bought the house, get new cabinets and countertops for the kitchen! Our kitchen is a large 'farm' kitchen, really the showcase of the house, but we have cheapo-deepo cabinets and countertops (we're talking plywood and formica) and redoing that would make a DRAMATIC difference. And we already have nice floors in the kitchen, a Kohler sink and a 'newer' stove and dishwasher. So we wouldn't replace those, but probably a new fridge. It's exciting to think about. We went to Home Depot today to get some moss killer and we both were floored by these white cabinets with brushed chrome pulls and all sorts of fun pullouts....with Mediterranean Blue CORIAN countertops. Breathtaking. And we both agreed we loved it! I thought DH would like the wood with green countertops kind of combo, but he really thinks the white and blue would be striking in our old, farmhouse kitchen. :Pinkbounc

I too feel like I always miss people when I post. Then by the time I realize it, everyone has moved on so I feel weird going back to something old so I let it go. I too though thought that the moms who left just did so for their reasons, not cause they felt left out. I'd hate to do that to people, especially cause I know how hostile the boards can be sometimes.

Wow, joats, Jace looks like such a big boy in his new photos! I esspecially love that photos with food all over him-he looks like he really enjoyed that meal. I'm really sorry to hear that he has the blood disorder. I had been hoping that you'd tell us he was negative. But ya know, I'm sure it doesn't make you feel much better, but you've been through it and as hard as I know you said it was as a child, you're okay now and so the important thing to realize is that Jace will be too. I'll be hoping he can avoid transfusions till he can get his spleen out.

Alice28, that's a cute photo of you, your husband, and Molly. How has she been adjusting to life with Daddy at home? She looks like she's welcoming him pretty nicely. Oh, and I forgot to mention yesterday that I think it is completely ridiculous that people would have any comments at all about your taxes. Like they wouldn't do the same thing if they were in your position! I know I claim whatever I can, who would want to pay the govt more money than you have to? And if you're entitled to money back (regardless of what you put in if that's the law) I have never heard of anyone refusing it. I know I wouldn't! Has Molly sleeping in the crib made any progress now that she's been on medication for her ear infection? ETA: congrats on deciding to upgrade your house! You'll have to post photos as you work on it so we can all see the progress. I think that will be great to move your bedroom downstairs and keep the kids upstairs too.

Speaking of ear infections, Lissawynn, when Madison had one last January her dr told me that it sometimes takes months before the ear goes back to normal, so maybe his ear infection is gone but his ear is still bothering him a little? I'd probably take him to have it checked out if you think it's still bothering him in a few days based on what everyone here has said.

Hillary, I loved the photos! You look so good, especially for a baby that young! The way I saw them (cause they were little red Xs) was that I clicked on properties, then pasted the link into another window and they came up. Glad to hear Kevin's party went well. Did you make his cake? It was very cute and got me thinking about what I should make for Madison's birthday this year. Last year I did a circus train but this year I have no idea-she likes Buzz and Monsters Inc, but I'm not creative enough for either of those 2.

Tamie, Tyler's 9 month photos are adorable! You really take great photos-I guess it helps that the subject is so cute though! He looks like such a big boy already, standing up. I think it's a great idea that you took his photo by that toy every month cause you can really see how he's grown.

Loretta, that's too bad that AK was so crowded and that you missed the AP preview. I told my husband there was a 2 hour wait and he couldn't believe it! We missed the Soarin' AP previews by 1 day in April and he was so upset (turns out it didn't matter cause they had soft openings everyday that we were there anyway) but now he said he doesn't care as much since that probably had hours of wait time too.

Tonight sort of a bad night here in that Madison is still up and it's 9:30. Here's the problem-she usually falls asleep on the way home from school (it's seriously about a 10 minute drive, so she's very tired!) and I carry her in asleep and she continues to nap in the bed for about 2 hours. Well today my husband was home when we got back cause he's got to work 11-7 tonight so he had the afternoon off. Well she heard him talking on the phone when I carried her in and she woke up, so consequently she didn't nap till 2pm, then didn't wake up till about 4:30 so of course she was not tired at 8pm, her usual bedtime. Then my husband decided to nap around 8:15 and probably won't get up for another hour, but I know if I put Madison to bed then she'll wake him up cause she usually talks/sings to herself as she's going to sleep. I feel bad though cause I know she's going to be tired tomorrow, but he'll be tired if I wake him up too. Ugh. We desparately need to move. If it turns out we are lucky enough to stay in DC, I plan to move by April if possible. I am dying to get into a bigger place.

Oh, speaking of MIL stuff, I do trust my in-laws to watch Madison, but I'm not sure about overnight. I left her with my mom overnight, but not sure about MIL cause she's big on giving kids Benedryl to get them to sleep and I'd really prefer that no one drug my kid. I won't even give her Benedryl for the sole purpose of sleep (we have given it to her for colds/coughing before so I'm not completely opposed to its use, just not for random purposes). My husband just invited them to come to his Match Day on 3/16 so they'll be here for 2 days in March. Of course, I plan to get my level 2 ultrasound on 3/16 also (cause my husband has the day off to go open his Match letter at noon) and so now I guess they'll want to come along to it. I don't really care, but was sorta looking forward to just me, Joey, and Madison going. Oh well. Oh, and Madison does love snack at school and I love it too. She eats so little that I'm so glad there's a variety of food there for them cause I know she at least gets some nutrition (aside from me mixing fruits and veggies in with her oatmeal in the morning). I know she'd love it if they just had cheese-its everyday (which is what the preschool I worked at served a lot) but this sorta forces her to eat well, plus she loves being able to be a 'big kid' and do things like slice cheese.

Okay, before I go to bed I have a question for you guys. We are both unemployed, as I've said before, and we live on loan money and money that my mom gives us to help us out (so we can take out smaller loans). So it is my opinion that while we have a negative income we should not buy a lot of random items that we don't need. I think I posted that our stroller broke in pieces, both in WDW and then again when we returned from Arizona, so we need to buy a new one. I'm looking at a Peg Perego Pliko P3 cause I want to avoid a double stroller if possible and that one has a footboard for older kids to stand on. Problem is it costs between $235 and $300 (depending on which one we get, 2005 or 2006). Well my husband decided to buy an ipod this weekend, without telling me before he ordered it, and it cost $285. Well I feel we need to return it (we honestly will never use it as neat as I think they are) and buy the stroller instead. My husband thinks I'm just mean whenever I say something like this (he bought a satellite radio last summer that I made him return too cause it was a few hundred bucks and then we'd have to pay for the service and I didn't think that unemployed people should waste money like that) so of course he is saying he doesn't want to return the ipod. What do you guys think? IMO, while someone else is paying our bills, it seems really wrong to go buy stuff like that. My mom happened to see his college loans and their incredible interest when she was here 2 weeks ago and she paid them off for us, so it feels like a slap in the face to her to say like "well thanks for paying off that incredible amount of money, but I want to go and spend more of your money on myself." His parents never give us any money, but if they did, then I'd feel differently-like it's his parents so if he wants to spend their money on electronics, go ahead, but they don't so I feel like it's taking advantage of my overly generous mom. I have tried explaining this to him like that, but then he gets defensive of his family so I stop. Am I wrong and should I just let it go, or am I right in thinking that we should save the ipod money and buy the stroller that we actually need since ours is now in 4 pieces?

The table was a hit! I just wanted to post a picture before I went to bed. I'll catch up with the rest of the posts tomorrow. Good night!

f05c522f.jpg

lissawynn- I still love my Tribeca. I will say I wish it had more storage room. We got the 7 passenger, and there isn't even room for the stroller with all the seats up and in position (I have a giganto Graco model). If I got an umbrella stroller it wouldn't be an issue. The kids fit much better 3 across in the middle row of seats, so if I need to do a Costco run with all three of them, it's not a problem, but it definitely doesn't have the storage room of say a nicer minivan or a Tahoe/Excursion/Suburban. But it's sooooo sporty and nice!

Molly is screaming her head off while I type. Too bad. I'm tired of this! I KNOW she can go to sleep on her own; she's done it dozens of times. She just knows I get tired of her screaming and I cave. She will literally fall asleep within 2 minutes of me picking her up, but the second I lay her back down, her eyes pop open and she straggles up and starts screaming again. I really just want to sleep with DH and not her in the middle!!! I mean, it's fine if she gets up at 2 or 3 or so and comes into bed with us, but not all night long. Grrrr.

SL- Lucas has the cutest little boy hair! I love it!

Justhat- about the ipod; man, that's a toughie. I totally see your point, but your DH probably gets tired of feeling like he can't ever do anything fun for himself after putting in long hours, week after week. He probably feels awkward having his MIL foot the bill for everything too, and not feel like he can make an independent decision with money. Does that make sense? A lot of a man's ego is tied up in being the breadwinner, and he is probably very frustrated that he can't do that right now and treated himself. I would probably let it go (although DH and I have been in very similar arguments over the years, believe me). I mean, if it was a pattern with your DH, that every month he was buying something extravagent, I would put my foot down, but one $250 toy a year (even if you can't afford it) is something to turn the other cheek to I guess. And as for the stroller.....hmmmm....if you weren't expecting another baby I would recommend probably not getting such an expensive model, but with baby #2 coming you can kind of justify buying something nicer. Is there any way you could just buy a $30 umbrella stroller for the time being, and then tell your DH that you really want to get the Peg Perego one in a few months, so for him to please not buy anything else expensive so you can justify the stroller purchase????

I hope you don't think I'm not on your side, it's just DH and I have had soooo many arguments about how to spend money over the years and I have found that it's soooo much easier just to let certain things go to keep the peace. (Hence, why I didn't 'poop' a brick when DH told me he bought the $1400 firearm last weekend....I paused, and said, 'oh, that's great- I know you really wanted that............................................we still have enough to pay off the visa, right?" And he reassured me that we had more than enough, I bought another round of SATC DVDs and we called it good.

Back to the tax issue, I am so glad you guys don't think of us as 'stealing' your hardearned tax money. I was so flustered by that line of thinking! I mean, I get angry when I think of welfare moms who REALLY know how to milk the system (not people who just use it when they're down on their luck and then climb their way out of it after a year or two).....I think that that is not how I would like my tax dollars spent. But a couple thousand dollars going to a military family who sacrificed a lot and whose military member worked their **** off for 17 months? I mean, yes, we were paid well....the military does compensate pretty well, unless in the civilian life one made a LOT of money (more than 75K or so- then I guess it would be a cut). DH made a little bit more than in his civilian job, but the clincher is that soldiers in a combat zone don't pay taxes; and we get housing pay. So it was an extra $700 a month for us. Anyway, why I am blathering on about that....

Disney Enthusiast, if you are out there, hi! I don't think we've seen you post for awhile (or am I just forgetting)....

ETA- a few of you asked how Molly is adjusting to Daddy- so far, so good. When she's upset, she definitely still prefers me to him, but he thinks she's a doll and she seems pretty entertained by him too. And she often says DA or DADA when he's around. Coincidence? I'm not sure yet. He took her out for 2 hours today (going to pick up his gun- a real father/daughter bonding thing I guess :rolleyes: ) and I got almost two hours here by MYSELF! It was awesome. And he picked up something for dinner too! AND he got in bed with me and watched a few episodes of SATC and said, "Hey....this show is actually kinda funny and has some good writing.....don't hold me to it, but I think I could like this show!" And I thought he would totally make fun of it! He thinks of himself as Mr. Big. :rolleyes: :teeth: He has the sarcasm down, that's for sure...

Good night all!

I'm behind again! :guilty:

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Thanks to everyone for wishing Jenna a happy 1st birthday! :grouphug:
She had a pretty good day. We went to my DH's basketball game that night.
Things went down hill after Jenna went to sleep. Our toilet had leaked while we were gone to the game, so our bathroom, hallway, and part of our bedroom were soaked with water. I hadn't noticed this when we got home because I had shoes on. My DH didn't get home until after 1:00 AM (it was an away game), so for about 2 hours I was frantically trying to clean up the mess by myself without waking Jenna. She must have been worn out because she slept through all the noise made by the wet/dry vac. I think DH and I finally went to bed around 2:30.

Several of you have vented about your in-laws, so I know you'll let me vent about mine. I posted earlier that we were going to have 2 parties for Jenna- one for my family and one for my DH's family. Her party at my in-laws was Sunday, and it did go pretty well. I just get so frustrated with comments made by my MIL. It all started at Thanksgiving when I told her that we were going to have a party for both sides of the family because we wanted everyone to be able to celebrate her first birthday. If we had had just one party at our house, then some family members (like Jenna's great-grandmother) would not have been able to come. Anyway, my MIL tells me that is fine but that she wasn't going to do the cake. I say OK. I really hadn't expected her to do that. She likes to cook, so for Christmas I bought her one of those neat Betty Crocker Bake N Fill pans. After she opens it, she turns to my SIL and says, "Do you think she is still trying to hint that she wants me to bake Jenna's birthday cake?". Unlike her, I was simply trying to find her a gift that she might like and could actually use. She gives me underwear and socks each Christmas. Yes, underwear and socks! I will add that she does give me other things, but can't a grown woman buy her own underwear! Back to the story. Remember that I was up until around 2:30 Fri. night cleaning up the water that had leaked from the bathroom. Since we were up so late, we forgot to set the alarm and ended up sleeping later than we should have. My first priority was to wash Jenna's bottles, which I had planned on doing Fri. night. After I washed the bottles I started making the food that I was bringing to my in-laws for the party. I had bought one of those new Silicone pans to make Jenna's cake. It was shaped like a bear, and I had planned to decorate it with pink icing. Well, those pans are very flexible, and I guess I didn't place the pan even in the oven because the cake came out lopsided. I was sad, frustrated, and tired! I wanted to cry. It was getting late, and we needed to get on the road, so I decided not to try and bake another cake. We finally left for the in-laws around 8:00 PM. We stopped by the grocery store on the way out of town and bought a cute kids' birthday cake. We finally arrive at the in-laws at 11:30 PM. My MIL had already gone to bed. Sunday morning rolls around. We have breakfast together, and I left the kitchen to go and get something from the bedroom. I hear my MIL say to my DH, "How long did it take for y'all to make that cake?". :furious: I know in my heart that I did my best to make Jenna a birthday cake, but it just didn't turn out. I guess next year I will just have one party and if they can't come then that is their problem. Why are families so complicated???

Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry for the long post and all the errors in grammar and spelling.

Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone! TTFN :wave:

J & D- just read your post and my immediate thought was, "What a *itch!" (about your MIL). I can't believe she said that about the cake- both about your gift to her, and about the cake you bought....ugh....I would have been so livid.

And I'm soooo sorry about your toilet- what a nightmare!!!!!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: I hope you have a better day today! (tomorrow!)

And I'm off to bed now! For real!

It is 1:20 and I should really go to bed!
I just wanted to pass this info along- a few Disney teethers by The First Years have been recalled due to possible bacterial contamination.
Link

The Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Musical Learning Chair has also been recalled.

J&D, thanks for posting about those recalls. I had seen something about the teethers but since we don't use them anymore i didn't even look at the link, but I looked at yours and realized we have several of them that we keep around as 'ice packs' so I guess I should get rid of them. We also have that Learning Chair so I guess I should read about that recall too. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I wouldnt' even worry about it. In fact, most people I know buy a cake, they don't make one, cause they were all shocked when I made Madison's last year. Have you gotten the flood taken care of now? That's so hard to get out tons of water that has been sitting like that.

SL, we have that activity table, Madison got it from Santa last Christmas, and she loves it. She still plays with it and walks around singing the songs it plays.

Alice28, thanks for your advice on the ipod thing. No, I don't think you're not 'siding' with me, especially cause I feel very ambivilent about my own side! The ipod actually he claims is for me (I mentioned they were cute so that's his excuse to get a new electronic) so I said I'd rather return that and get a stroller since they're the same price. He was less than happy. But believe me, he does get his fair share of toys. The satellite radio that he wanted for the past 8 months he got for Christmas from his parents and a subscription for a year. (I know I said they give us nothing, and that is still true, this is literally the only gift we've gotten from them ever, other than some khaki pants for him and pjs for me a few years ago.) So he just got that and when we move out of this box we live in he'll be getting a plasma tv. And we bought both a digital and SLR camera within the past 2 years (and we had 1 of each prior to that, these were just new ones). So I guess that's why I want to return this thing, but don't think he's deprived! I know what you mean though which is why I asked what you guys all think, cause I was wondering if I should let it go too. The thing is that right now I'd rather get him on my side in terms of what hospitals he's going to rank in what order, cause where I live is more important to me than the ipod and I don't want to get him in a bad mood then he'll be putting the cities I don't want at the top of his list (cause he likes them better, not just out of spite). I try to pick my battles to make my life run more smoothly, ya know?

I really cannot believe that people would feel our little thread has turned into a clique or that people are left out on purpose. Are we in 7th grade? I hope not, because the girls in my seventh grade classes are MEAN.
I just think some people on these boards are into causing strife and making accusations at other posters.
That said, feel free to post here if you are a new or not so new mom! :sunny:

justthat - I cannot give any advice as far as saving/spending goes. Admittedly, I am a spender. I have tried very hard to become a saver, and it just hasn't happened. DH manages his money, I mine. He has opened up accounts for Jimmy so he will have money later on when he needs it. I don't live an extravagant life, I just like to have nice things and go on nice trips. I pay my bills on time and have a savings for retirement, so I'm happy with that for now.
I would have bought a new stroller instead of the iPod. You are going to have another baby soon, so it's something you will need. I asked DH if he'd like and mp3 player and he said it would be a waste b/c he wouldn't use it. That's so nice that your mom paid off your DH's loans. The interest on mine went up in Jan. I can't wait for the day when they're paid off.

Alice - I would love to do some work around our house. DH did some stuff before we met (central air, removed paneling, new front window). Since we got married we changed the floors in the kitchen and bath, painted, landscaped, etc. We are going to need a new roof this summer and we might install new windows in our bedrooms. We're not going to put that much more into our home b/c if we have a little girl someday, we'll have to move. Jimmy could share a room with a sister for a little while, but it couldn't be a long-term thing.
I was also thinking how nice it would be for all of us to meet up someday. Maybe we should make that a goal for 2-3 years from now. Bringing the husbands is optional ;) .

J&D - So sorry to hear about your MIL and the overflowing potty. I wish there was a cure for bitter, inconsiderate MIL's. I could market it and make a fortune. I just think some people don't think before they open their mouths. You know you made the cake. That's what's important. Does your DH say anything about him mom's comments? Mine thinks his mom would never say/do anything to hurt my feelings. As a woman I know better. Hope your day today is better! :grouphug:

SL - That's the same activity table Jimmy has and he loves it. He's fascinated by the spoon for some strange reason. Hope your little man enjoys his as much!

Good morning DisneyPhD, zalansky, and DisKim! Hello Tasha+Scott! If I missed anyone, sorry! :wave2:

:teacher:

Man, do you guys move fast! I'm behind about 4 pages!! I just wanted to pop in and say HI! :sunny: Our trip went relatively smoothly--I got to travel with the baby,so my traveling was easy. Each of my flights had an extra seat so I could just bring Matthew on to the plane in his carseat and not disturb his napping. Sounds like everyone has been busy since I've been on last.

I did notice a few posts about leaving people out-and OMG I'm sorry if I made anyone feel unwelcome by forgetting to reply to a post. I have mommy brain a lot, so even DH gets the shaft every once and a while! :rotfl: Just kidding! I hope every mommy feels welcome here and comfortable to post--we're here to support each other! :hug: So HI! :wave2: to all those new mommies I haven't met yet!

It sounds like parties went well all around. I hope those of you that have been or are now sick are getting better. I'm so ready for winter to be over, so these bugs will stop plaguing us. Well, I better go--DH is working nights while we're here and he'll be home any minute, and both my parents are at work today, so I have to watch both my kids with no help! Imagine that :rotfl2: ! Have a great day and I'll try to catch up soon!

Oh, SL, we also have that same table and DD still loves it and she's over 2. B/c of the table she'll go over spin the bowl and sing the abc's. Pretty cool!

Quick question for you about travelling with a toddler. Jimmy will be 18 months when we fly to WDW. I did not buy him a seat (Yes, I've got my flame suit on!). Am I allowed to push him to the plane in his stroller, fold it up, and have them store it until we land? I would then imagine it would be waiting for us when we disembark. Correct?
Also, do any of you have anxiety about flying. I used to love to fly, but nowadays it makes me jumpy. What do you do to calm your nerves?

Alice - I LOVE :love: Mr. Big on SatC! I loved when he and Carrie were together. He makes my knees weak.

nucpharm - Glad you had a good trip. Good luck today with the kids! :teeth:

Btw, it's our 100th day of school and because our students collected backpack and school supplies for kids in need, we have comfy pants day! I am wearing my sock monkey jammie bottoms and my faux Crocs. We also have a movie this afternoon, National Treasure , and are not allowed to give homework assignments. I think the teachers are the ones who really make out on this deal.

lissawynn, you are right about the stroller. I have never bought my kids a seat when they were under 2, but it is something that people on Dis are very vocal about. The ones who don't tend to keep their mouths shut. :blush:

J&D, Hi. Lily has that chair and loves it. I knew abou the recall, I keep forgetting to do something about it. They say a childs head could get caught in the back of it, so we leave it against a wall so she can't go in from the back. I think they send out something like a bar to clip across the back. Good thing, she loves it so much I couldn't give it back. :teeth:

Ok, just that. Another view point for you. (but you might not want to listen to me because DH calls me the queen of justificaiton). You are not unempolyed. :goodvibes Your DH is working very hard and investing in your future. He isn't brining in a lot of money because of this investment, but this will not be forever. In fact in a short amount of time he will be able to pay off the loans, pay your mother back, and be doing very well. However, he has been doing this for a while now. I can see how he would be sick of it and want a little something for himself. He really is working hard for his family and you. Belive me DH and have been there, wacthing friends by house and start families while we both going to grad school, the biggest difference is the B.C pills worked for me. (I can't imagaine doing it with kids, but you guys will be fine and will look back in amazement how you managed to make it work with so little income.) I think the P3 is a great stroller, I want one myself, but DH won't go for it at the moment. However we have 2 other strollers that work so our situation is different. Maybe you could look for a 2nd hand one. I guess there are other options. You could do a cheap one for now and maybe save some money from baby gifts for the new stroller.

As far as goverment money. I took unempolyment for 6 months after I was laid off and was a home pregnant and sick as a dog. I don't feel bad about that at all. I worked faithfully for 6 years for a dying hopspital and I feel I deseved that money. I I would of left a year before I actually would of gotten more severance pay, they changed it right before they laid me off. :furious: I did not ask for a renewal of my unempolyment, becuase I never went to a job interview during that time, and I wasn't really looking too hard, I felt that would be pushing it. (but people said I would of gotten it, who hires a 7 month pregnant women?) :blush:

Hi Everyone!

I'm just popping back in really quickly to answer Lisawynn's ? about flying with Jimmy.

Lisawynn - I think you can check the stroller at the gate and then they will have it waiting for you once you get off your plane. At least United does that, but I am not sure about other airlines. I can't really help about anxiety with flying. My dad was a pilot in the Navy so he always eased any fears I might have had. Anyways, my MIL gets nervous about flying and she always has a drink before getting on a plane. :drinking: I'm not sure that would work well with a little one though! :teeth:

BTW, can I come to your school? It sounds like you all are going to have a fun day! :sunny:

Hello to everyone else, I promise to read all the other posts and drop back by later on today! Everyone have a great day! :wizard:

Hi Nucpharm! Glad the trip went well. :sunny:

lissawynn- I never have had a real problem flying, but I do get a bit nervous now that my kids are with me...I don't know why, that helpless feeling of someone else being in control I guess. But once we're going I'm so distracted with the kids, etc I don't think about it. My experience has always been you can check your stroller at the gate- you just leave it on the ramp right before you load the plane, and then it's the first thing they unload when you land, so it's waiting for you right there as you step off the plane. It's a breeze!

I LOVE Mr. Big too- love, love, love. He is just Mr. Sexy! I was laughing to myself when DH was comparing himself to Mr. Big because of all the SATC male characters, I think he's most like Harry. Better looking I think, but that same personality- smart, funny, doesn't care what other people think, says the first thing that pops into his head and is kind of a big mouth, yet he's caring....comfortable in his own skin to sum it up. I'll have to show him a few episodes with Harry and see what he thinks. Oh, and DH rarely gets angry, but when he does WATCH out...(just like when Charlotte dissed Harry big time and Harry simply just walked out...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter