• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

It doesn't matter that much, but we are at BLT and then AKV

Can't wait for our first WDW DVC stay. We have stayed DVC at Grand Cal 4-5 times and Aulani once, but this is our first trip east!

It doesn't matter that much, but we are at BLT and then AKV

Can't wait for our first WDW DVC stay. We have stayed DVC at Grand Cal 4-5 times and Aulani once, but this is our first trip east!
I haven't seen the thread creator @hbentleylll around in awhile to edit the first post. Unless I've missed them?

Yay! For your first WDW a DVC stay!

7:00am Tomorrow, let's rock and roll! It's FPP time. Come to me Pandora attractions, let me sing your songs in harmony with all living (albeit alien) things.

I think I'll wear a MagicBand to bed tonight for extra mojo.

Update: 12min flat. All FPP's secured. No problems with FPP's for either Pandora attraction. My only issue was forgetting that shows (ie Lion King and Rivers of Light) block you 30min before the posted show time. So for a 3:00pm Lion king I was blocked from 2:30pm - 3:30pm.

Last edited:
7:00am Tomorrow, let's rock and roll! It's FPP time. Come to me Pandora attractions, let me sing your songs in harmony with all living (albeit alien) things.

I think I'll wear a MagicBand to bed tonight for extra mojo.

Update: 12min flat. All FPP's secured. No problems with FPP's for either Pandora attraction. My only issue was forgetting that shows (ie Lion King and Rivers of Light) block you 30min before the posted show time. So for a 3:00pm Lion king I was blocked from 2:30pm - 3:30pm.
Yay for secured FP! I had that same problem bc I didn't realize it would block you for the time the show is going on. So I wanted to book ToT for 12:30 but there is only 12:25 or 12:50 (no clue why as that one seems the hardest for me to get when I want). I also wanted Indy for the 12pm show but that blocks me from the 12:25 ToT. And 12:50 is too late. Ugh.

I was looking back at some threads I followed last year before our trip. It was NOT UNTIL June 2nd, that they added the 8am openings for June. Ugh. Talk about a lot of time to adjust plans, huh.

I was looking back at some threads I followed last year before our trip. It was NOT UNTIL June 2nd, that they added the 8am openings for June. Ugh. Talk about a lot of time to adjust plans, huh.

Ugh! That's frustrating. Our first MK day, we have a 7AM ADR at chef mickeys, so an 8am open just means we walk in rather than hang on main st. I feel like we'd be there around 8:30 and the 30 min we gain will probably be offset by 30 min of people in front of us. So that day it doesn't matter much to us.

But our second day, I have a PPO BOG that I will cancel if the open time changes. This BOG is a big factor in getting g the dining plan for the first half of our trip vs not. Realistically.... I'll prob get the DDP anyway, it'd still save us slightly, but it's more of a no brainer if we are doing this breakfast.

Did you guys see the rumors about Moana meeting in adventure land? If this happens.... this may change our plans. That will be a must do for us. But I am thinking we will need to do it early!

Did you guys see the rumors about Moana meeting in adventure land? If this happens.... this may change our plans. That will be a must do for us. But I am thinking we will need to do it early!
I did see that. My boys haven't even seen the movie. But I bet it will definitely be a busy popular meet.

Ditto that ugh. I guess I'll be checking the app a little more closely to see what happens while we're there.

We would have to find a to fit that in too. DD claims she doesn't like princesses she likes Moana because she different.

Do less peoIple show up in the morning when hours change last minute?

The late time changes is exactly why I have 3 8 am BOG reservations. Last time my mom went she had it booked and then they added early EMH on that day and it took away the ability to get any of the early perks. Granted you don't get Main St. to yourself anymore because of the show being at the castle now but we can still get to 7DMT early without a line which I'm banking on. Once they've done the final changes to times we will pick which one we are going to use and free up the others. I'm hoping to keep the one on 6/19 because it is my son's birthday. The others are currently for 6/22 and 6/23. Each ADR is for 7 people. Once we know for sure that we will drop them I'll make an announcement on here to see if anyone wants to hook up times so that you can snag them up when I drop them. :)

Which Pandora ride should I get a fp for? I have a 3 year old and an 11 year old if that makes a difference.

As another post said, the river ride is more family-friendly so it might be better if you are all about everyone experiencing things together. If your 11 year old is a thrill seeker then they'll definitely enjoy Flights of Passage. Remember you can do a rider switch (I'm assuming) and your 11 year old can actually ride it twice. It's really up to you. If you do Flights of Passage your 3 year old will never know the difference if the river is missed. From what I've heard, Flights of Passage will have a more interactive stand-by line though. We are facing the same issue in my family. We ultimately decided on going to AK two days and will do a different one each day.

On the flip side... you could all rope drop the river ride and fastpass flights of journey later. You could either get everyone a fastpass and your older child could ride again j using the little ones band. Or, use rider swap, and make 2 FP (adult and older child) for flights and 2 (adult and younger child) for river or safari for a second ride to do while they are on flights.

I booked our trip 6/8/17 through 6/12/17 Staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

Wesley

Well it is year out and I haven't seen the June Thread yet! So I guess I will start it!! :ccat:

We are looking at June 3rd - 10th at POR. Still a while away but definitely feeling the need to talk Disney and PLAN!
:jumping1:

:tinker:ROLL CALL

5/28-6/6 Poly jennypooh90
5/28-6/7 offsite Holly324
5/29-6/5 POR HollyS23
6/2-6/8 AS Sport Tinkerbell_Girl
6/2-6/10 BLT LovingPooh
6/2-6/11 CR/AK AZMermaid
6/2-6/11 AKV socababy
6/3-6/10 POR hbentleylll
6/3-6/10 CBR Prankess
6/3-6/10 POR Roxyfire
6/3-6/11 POR trvlgirlmq
6/3-6/11 WL ArielSRL
6/3-6/11 ??? mom2my3kids
6/3-6/17 POFQ Jodie.ross
6/4-6/11 POP M&M2006
6/4-6/12 Windsor Hills lauris87
6/6-6/13 BLT PoohsFan1
6/6-6/16 BCV/BLT Jfsag123
6/6-6/20 FW texasroni75
6/7-6/13 BB&J
6/7-6/14 POP Sunshine1629
6/11-6/15 BC Elizakapeka
6/12-6/20 WL Anesthesia Fine
6/14-6/19 CR Churchladychurchlady
6/17-6/25 POP DLmama

6/17-6/24 ASMo Candaceb
6/17-6/24 CBR ashleymrush
6/17-6/24 Windsor Hills erinsmom
6/17-6/25 Terre Verde Trisihi
6/17-6/25 CBR DisMom829
6/17-6/25 offsite howlongtildisney
6/18-6/23 WL WishnDisney
6/18-6/25 BW Little E
6/19-6/23 SSR leshunlenese
6/21-7/5 BC Jon84
6/25-7/3 BC patclairesmom
6/27-7/10 BC/Poly Ferrentinos
6/28-7/16 offsite Klayfish

:welcome:
***** If you want to be added/removed from the list or have any changes just let me know!!!

Might have, our Dreams Unlimited travel agent reserved the trip on 4/10/17 and I paid the reservation fee yesterday.

There will be 5 of us. Wife, 2 daughters and a nephew who has made every Disney trip with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter