**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

Interesting... 10 pm close on Memorial Day and no midnight closings....

25% off on the parks app. I ordered our autograph books!

My DW and I just decided a few days ago to put a trip together about 6/12-6/16. This is our first family trip and we are trying to figure as much out as possible. Any pointers on where to start?

That day we're starting in HS and ending in Epcot so I figured we'd still get that 9 pm closing anyway. Interesting nothing later for MK though. Maybe things are looking soft?

My DW and I just decided a few days ago to put a trip together about 6/12-6/16. This is our first family trip and we are trying to figure as much out as possible. Any pointers on where to start?

Oh man that's quite a quick turn around! I'd just look through the room rates, and package costs. They have that one park each day ticket again which would be a good idea. Not sure if you're driving or flying but either way you could do the parks once each and maybe some time in Disney Springs. I wouldn't worry too much at all about getting dining reservations or any of that. You might be in the FP window already by now so think about 3 rides you want to do at each park, keeping in mind the restrictions, and go from there. Read this thread about FP+ (https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/) before you book them.

I feel like you can absolutely have a great time with minimal planning. Just have an idea of how much you want to spend, which day for each park, and go from there.

Oh man that's quite a quick turn around! I'd just look through the room rates, and package costs. They have that one park each day ticket again which would be a good idea. Not sure if you're driving or flying but either way you could do the parks once each and maybe some time in Disney Springs. I wouldn't worry too much at all about getting dining reservations or any of that. You might be in the FP window already by now so think about 3 rides you want to do at each park, keeping in mind the restrictions, and go from there. Read this thread about FP+ (https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/) before you book them.

I feel like you can absolutely have a great time with minimal planning. Just have an idea of how much you want to spend, which day for each park, and go from there.

It is very quick but were going to have a blast! We will be flying down vs. driving so there is a little stress gone on that once we pick our flights. Just waiting to book flights after we get the rooms booked. We were thinking two days in MK and one in AK. This will be my daughters first trip down so trying to figure out exactly what we need to see and do. We are planning another trip in 2 years or so when my DW finishes nursing school.

Fun! Are you planning on staying at a Disney resort? If eating at the castle is a priority.... I would set up a reservation finder at touring plans. You have to join, but it is free. They will text you when there is availability. If they would like to meet the princesses.... that is a decent use of a fastpass- or go to them first thing.

We have 10 days until FP day - I can't wait to get those settled! I'm interested to see if I can book all of our days - we have a split stay of 15 days - but not all days will be in the parks - two years ago I had no problem booking two weeks of FP for a split stay at 60 days for our first stay - but I think things have changed in that area... I guess I'll have to wait and see! When are you doing the Star Wars party? We're set for it on the 27th! We love that party!

Miss you by a day, we are going to the SW dessert party on the 26th. It will be our first dessert party, so we are excited. I was originally going to do the Pirates and Pals cruise (we did it in 2013) but for some reason I decided not to spend the money on that again. Then I saw some threads about the SW dessert party and thought that would be a good use of that money.

My 5 year old had her well check today. I sorta knew this... but officially 44.5" barefoot. Woot! Not that she's actually brave enough for 44" rides... but she's in for Flights of Passage!
I can't remember what AJ was/is but he won't get on the thrill rides anyway...boo hiss! Will was 36 inches at his last visit in March so I seriously doubt he will be 38 by the trip, so no worrying about him and 7DMT. He had said he wanted to ride it...but I have no idea how he will react. We will all do Barnstormer and that will be a good intro into coasters for him.

I booked AJ for Flight but I don't know if he would ride it. I don't do simulators (except Soarin') so I won't be doing it but my DH will (he'll do those but not coasters...lol). So I'll have to watch for some reviews and check AJ's height. I think he was 42 last year so 44 isn't out of the realm of possibility. He liked Soarin last year but refused Star Tours. I think he will do it this year, though.

Haha! You are right! Oops- haha! The kids did fine two years ago in Hawaii, so it should be fine... but I am over worried about the time change for the first 1-2 days!

Me too! We're going to Epcot our first day, so I have our FP starting at 11. I'm hoping by giving us a sleep in day at the beginning, the mornings won't be awful. But we'll be at Disney! So it might be fine. :love:

I'm glad I don't have to worry about this, here in the EST!

That day we're starting in HS and ending in Epcot so I figured we'd still get that 9 pm closing anyway. Interesting nothing later for MK though. Maybe things are looking soft?

Yeh doesn't seem normal...unless the late hours are being saved for AK this summer. Hmmm.

Oh and thanks for the 25% off heads up!

FWIW, the AP discounts on the Parks app have been INSANE.
Unfortunately, no AP this trip. But I plan to get one probably every three years from here on out so we can get 2 big trips (and a few small ones...lol) out of it, then take a year off...repeat. So basically we will skip next year then do 2019 (second week of June) and 2020 (first week of June), skip 2021...repeat. Once I get the AP, I will definitely be looking for the discounts on rooms, merchandise, etc. Will also get the TIW card. Me with an AP = even more Disney obsessed...hahaha.

Unfortunately, no AP this trip. But I plan to get one probably every three years from here on out so we can get 2 big trips (and a few small ones...lol) out of it, then take a year off...repeat. So basically we will skip next year then do 2019 (second week of June) and 2020 (first week of June), skip 2021...repeat. Once I get the AP, I will definitely be looking for the discounts on rooms, merchandise, etc. Will also get the TIW card. Me with an AP = even more Disney obsessed...hahaha.
I bought Gold Passes for us last year since we're making two trips, and I swear, with the deal we got on the YC room and the discounts on dining and shopping, those suckers have more than paid for themselves, and I haven't even turned in the certificate yet!!! And yes, they did make me even more Disney obsessed, so you've been warned. :stitch2:

I bought Gold Passes for us last year since we're making two trips, and I swear, with the deal we got on the YC room and the discounts on dining and shopping, those suckers have more than paid for themselves, and I haven't even turned in the certificate yet!!! And yes, they did make me even more Disney obsessed, so you've been warned. :stitch2:
This is exactly what I like to hear! :)

We decided to change resorts. Just could not stay away from our "HOME" so we are now staying 6/11-6/15 at PVB. So excited. Just love the monorail with the little kids. Getting closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter