The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

GREAT...now it's the waiting game...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good thing I have free long distance:eek:

I don't know. I don't really think there is any AAA discount here. I broke it down and, after the tickets (67 x 4 = 268) and insurance (119.90) it is $1752.74. Divide that by 5 nights and it works out to $350.55 per night. Seems like rack rate with tax to me (although I come up with $371.77 per night rack rate with 13% tax). DDP would cost $156 per day so I still think we saved money going this way since AAA rate would be 15% off of rack rate. It really makes my head spin trying to figure all this stuff!

The tickets come to $72 dollars each with the tax...maybe that is the extra $20 dollars.;)

UGH...my cordless phone battery is low from being on hold this morning...and it's the only phone we have!!!:scared1:

OMG....:sad2:

After promptly called in right at 7 am and after 1 hr 15 min when the cast member answer the phone some how got disconnected. I tried back several times, just to her a recorded message about “the call volume was to high please call back later” but I keep trying and I did get in to wait another 1 hr 27 min before I got through. whew!

Some times we don’t understand why some things happen the way they do, but in this instance I’m glad it did work out the way it did. My reservationists that answered was named Ann , She was absolutely the best reservationists I have ever worked with. I told her about my bad luck and being disconnected, so she replied with give me you number and I will call you right if by chance we get disconnected. “Thanks” I said and then she said that I was going to be OK now because she takes pride in really helping the guests who do get through to her and that she will take good care of me now (and she truly did). I told her I needed four rooms for Grand Gatherings free dinning from 9/22-10/6/2007 and we where hopping for ASM preferred. She said that she could only give me a standard room at this time, I fretted for a moment and said “well we really want a preferred location and I heard that POP was completely booked “ She said quit trusting the boards so much because I can give you the POP in a preferred location for your dates. She took all my information and while waiting for the her computer to catch up she offered some interesting personal experiences. When we got done making the rooms reservation she said that she could tie all my ADR to my Grand Gathering #. I said ok, but now we have four more coming so I need to call back later to add some guests to my existing ADR or try to get the to as close a time as possible. She replied “Now see I told you are in good hands, because if you would like I would like to help you do that” (I was flabbergasted and relived at the same time).

So on to the ADR she got me every ting I needed by either making a new reservation for the whole party under Grand Gatherings or by adding another table of four to my existing reservation. Now get this; I had a reservation for 5 at CRT @ 8:00 and I said just see if I can add any to that number and if not we will just send 1 adult and four kids, she checked for a moment and said I can get you a table for twelve at CRT @ 8:25 if that would be OK. Again was very relived and wondered if the members of my party will truly understand how helpful Ann was for us in making sure that we got everything that we could have hoped for. So I thought I would share this with other planners who know how Ann really went above and beyond

I also wrote this post to notify all you folks still trying to get what you need to keep trying because Ann told me to tell you that not everything that you read is accurate and referenced this board.
Lastly I just want to publicly thank Ann for her great helpful attitude, Disney has got a real gem having you on their staff.

Thank You ANN

The CM just told me that the CM that I spoke with this morning must have made an error cause ASMo wasn't available for the date that I have this morning...UGH...I don't know what to do now..I don't want to stay at ASMu....:guilty:

Well everyone I got my first choice and by the looks of things of what people are posting that POP and ASmovies is booked up.
We are at POP on September 9th to September 16th with 6 day tickets, insurance, and FREE DINING all for a grand total of $1540.00 for 5 of us. I'm so happy that I called frist thing this morning and only waited 21 minutes. Not bad for getting what I wanted.
Best of luck to everyone else.

who got ASMo's today, and for what dates...if you don't mind posting...

We had two rooms already booked at ASMo preferred for 9/3-9/12. My AAA TA called disney this morning to add the free dining and was successful. She told me she was taking my file home last night to call before she went to work this morning.

well, Ithe CM that I spoke with transferred me to guest services, who was super unsympathetic, and rude and pretty much told me I was beat...I told her that the CM made my ressies for ASMo and asked her if the calls were recorded, and she said not all of them...how convenient...but that she would see if it was recorded, and then said she would get back to me...PLEASE HELP...what should I do should I try to call back and speak with someone else...UGH...I can't believe this is happening...I really don't want to stay at ASMu and don't know what to so!!!!:eek: :guilty: :sad2: :sad1:

For those that already booked free dining with Disney Visa, when you check yoru Ressie online, does it say Free dining anywhere?

NOPE THAT WHY I CALLED AGAIN AND TALKED TO ANOTHER PERSON AND THEY SAID I HAD THE DISNEY VISA PACKAGE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

I originally had a reservation at ASMo, but the very nice CM said that there was no availability for the free dining there, so I switched to ASMu (the pool at ASSp is closed during our stay). So, for me, DH, and DS5, Sept 6-15, 9 day park hoppers, and insurance, a grand total of $1856. We added a day, and still saved $377! I'm pretty happy! :cool1:

well, Ithe CM that I spoke with transferred me to guest services, who was super unsympathetic, and rude and pretty much told me I was beat...I told her that the CM made my ressies for ASMo and asked her if the calls were recorded, and she said not all of them...how convenient...but that she would see if it was recorded, and then said she would get back to me...PLEASE HELP...what should I do should I try to call back and speak with someone else...UGH...I can't believe this is happening...I really don't want to stay at ASMu and don't know what to so!!!!:eek: :guilty: :sad2: :sad1:

Honestly, I don't think there's much you can do about it...unfortunately. The only think I can think of is to keep calling back every day to see if a room opens up for your time period - that's what I will be doing - trying for ASMo or POP. I got ASMu, not my first choice (or second), but I'll live with it for $1400 savings!

Honestly, I don't think there's much you can do about it...unfortunately. The only think I can think of is to keep calling back every day to see if a room opens up for your time period - that's what I will be doing - trying for ASMo or POP. I got ASMu, not my first choice (or second), but I'll live with it for $1400 savings!

This is so depressing...I know what the CM said she said ASMo cause I said oh well that is my second choice (Pop was my first) and we made THREE ressies all for ASMo...I don't know how she could mess up 3 ressies????????????? I asked them to check the recording of the phone call, she said she would see if it was recorded and get back to me.:guilty:

The CM just told me that the CM that I spoke with this morning must have made an error cause ASMo wasn't available for the date that I have this morning...UGH...I don't know what to do now..I don't want to stay at ASMu....:guilty:

I was going to tell you this, because I have been reading people say movies was unavailable since Monday..I hear Music is the quietest, you will enjoy it!
:hippie:

I was going to tell you this, because I have been reading people say movies was unavailable since Monday..I hear Music is the quietest, you will enjoy it!
:hippie:

yeah it's the quietest cause it's the boringest...:rolleyes1

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter