***The Official February 2016 Thread!***

We are staying the exact same days at AOA (Finding Nemo). Wife and I booked FP+ this week.

Awesome! We are in Cars (requested the Mater building). Perhaps we'll see you there. I'll be the one grinning like an idiot and embarrassing my kids.

Happy to say that we just booked our hotel for Jan 1-Feb 3rd for our short Valen-birth-iversary trip! It's gonna be a weird trip for us since we're breaking the Disney bubble for the first time by staying at Bonnet Creek, and the boyfriend had a very strange request of "lets just wing it" with no ADR's or FP or anything planned out. But, if you see 2 folks wearing kilts in the parks it's probably us!

Two friends and I just booked Port Orleans Riverside from Feb 1-5. We have all our dining reservations and fastpasses ready to go too, even plane tickets. Last March I went solo and unfortunately got sick and wasn't able to do much, so the 2016 trip is extra exciting for me. Really looking forward to dining at California Grill, BOG, Ohana and 50s Prime Time Cafe and eating around the world at Epcot. We also are thinking about doing pin trading and visiting Disney Springs. I've never visited DHS either and that will be the first park we go to on arrival day. Lots of new experiences! I can't wait!

Oops, posted too early!

Joining in ... everything is done, I have all ADRs exactly where I want them, with nothing more to do until next Wednesday (online check-in and FP+s)

So impatient waiting for more to do that I booked another vacation (cruise) for next October LOL

Two friends and I just booked Port Orleans Riverside from Feb 1-5. We have all our dining reservations and fastpasses ready to go too, even plane tickets. Last March I went solo and unfortunately got sick and wasn't able to do much, so the 2016 trip is extra exciting for me. Really looking forward to dining at California Grill, BOG, Ohana and 50s Prime Time Cafe and eating around the world at Epcot. We also are thinking about doing pin trading and visiting Disney Springs. I've never visited DHS either and that will be the first park we go to on arrival day. Lots of new experiences! I can't wait!

Sorry to hear that you got sick for you solo trip. I am doing my 2nd one in a row. Question for you---I am have been thinking of doing a solo character meal but very unsure if I want too. Did you ever have one planned for youe last trip and would you do one solo?

Sorry to hear that you got sick for you solo trip. I am doing my 2nd one in a row. Question for you---I am have been thinking of doing a solo character meal but very unsure if I want too. Did you ever have one planned for youe last trip and would you do one solo?

Actually my first full day there (before I got sick) on the March trip I had a reservation for the character breakfast at Tusker House. It was great! I got a card and cupcake since I was there celebrating my birthday and had some really cute interactions with the characters. Goofy kissed my hand and Mickey was really excited to see me wearing a Mickey t-shirt. I told him he was my favorite and he drew a heart in the air. :lovestruc

Actually my first full day there (before I got sick) on the March trip I had a reservation for the character breakfast at Tusker House. It was great! I got a card and cupcake since I was there celebrating my birthday and had some really cute interactions with the characters. Goofy kissed my hand and Mickey was really excited to see me wearing a Mickey t-shirt. I told him he was my favorite and he drew a heart in the air. :lovestruc

Very cool. I have never eaten at tusker house before. Sounds like u had a fun time. I don't mind doing meals by myself, it's the character meals to me that I think would be an issue. Did u have your picture taken with some of them? I was told that some the character meals there's no handlers so you might have to ask people at the table next to you that's what I was asking her just curious about.

Just found this thread! 39 days to go until we are at the Poly! Jan 30- Feb 5. Kids still don't know, they will find out on Christmas! Everything is reserved, paid for & ready. I am lost with no planning to work on! First stay at the Poly & I am very excited about it!

Very cool. I have never eaten at tusker house before. Sounds like u had a fun time. I don't mind doing meals by myself, it's the character meals to me that I think would be an issue. Did u have your picture taken with some of them? I was told that some the character meals there's no handlers so you might have to ask people at the table next to you that's what I was asking her just curious about.

They did have handlers and they took pictures with my phone. :) I got pics with everyone there.

I would say try it if it interests you, especially if you like the characters, it really never felt awkward to me and it was one of my favorite memories from the trip. I actually felt better doing a character meal than just a meet and greet since I had something to do (eating!) while waiting to meet the characters and so did everyone else around me.

I would say try it if it interests you, especially if you like the characters, it really never felt awkward to me and it was one of my favorite memories from the trip. I actually felt better doing a character meal than just a meet and greet since I had something to do (eating!) while waiting to meet the characters and so did everyone else around me.

Thank you for the friendly advice and it's something I'm going to definitely think about. I recently heard that they took stitch away from tomorrow and he is one of my favorite characters. & I know Ohana is one the only places you can actually have a chance to meet him so I might look into that thank you so very much. Happy holidays to you as well.

Thank you for the friendly advice and it's something I'm going to definitely think about. I recently heard that they took stitch away from tomorrow and he is one of my favorite characters. & I know Ohana is one the only places you can actually have a chance to meet him so I might look into that thank you so very much. Happy holidays to you as well.

You're welcome! Hoping you do meet Stitch and have an awesome time. :flower:Happy holidays!

You're welcome! Hoping you do meet Stitch and have an awesome time. :flower:Happy holidays!

Thanks, on my very first day last year at Magic Kingdom I saw him out and got my picture with him. I got a huge hug and he went bonkers when he saw me with my stitch t shirt on and my birthday pin. Then he gave me an extra big hug. Was great experience just sad he not doing meet and greets anymore in tomorrow land.

Sorry - late to the party as usual. Our 2nd annual Mardi Gras girls trip will commence on 2/6 and last until 2/11 at the POFQ. Can't wait to spend some time in WDW with my beautiful teen daughter! Our last family vacation was Thanksgiving 2014 so we are ready! FP+ made, dining made (T Rex, Teppan Edo, 50s Primetime, Kona Café - a new one for us, and Whispering Canyon). 41 days!!:yay:

February 27- March 4 with a split stay at PORR/AoA. We have changed our date THREE times, lol! From May 28, to April 9, to February!

I need a countdown!

for anyone who flies southwest, they're having a holiday sale that could save you some money- i just rebooked my same flight and saved over 700 miles/points on a feb. flight.

We're at the GF for our Disney Wedding 13-20 Feb and we can't wait!! 46 days until we leave and 49 days until the wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter