<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Ragu Bolognese
From the kitchens of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort
Serves: 6

2 Lbs. Ground Veal
1/2 Lb. Ground Pancetta
2 Onions (small, diced)
6 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Cup Celery (grated)
1 Cup Carrots (grated)
1 Tsp. Rosemary
1 Tsp. Thyme
1 Tsp. Anchovy Paste
1 Cup White Wine
1 Cup Tomato Sauce
1 Cup Heavy Cream

Sauté ground veal and pancetta. Remove from pan and drain fat. Using the same pan, add onions, garlic, celery and carrots. Cook thoroughly for 15 minutes. Add rosemary, thyme and anchovy paste. Return cooked meat to the pan and add white wine. Reduce the heat and add tomato sauce. Simmer for 1.5 hours. Add cream and simmer for 10 minutes.

Presentation:
Serve with pappardelle (wide noodles with rippled sides) or your favorite pasta.

Just found this in my email (I love surprises!)

Milanese Risotto
Swan & Dolphin Resort

Ingredients:
5 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock (preferably homemade)
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small Onion (finely chopped)
Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
1 1/2 Cups Arborio Rice (10 Ozs.)
Pinch of Saffron Threads
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1/2 Cup Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp. Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley

Method of Preparation:
In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to simmer; keep warm. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to thoroughly coat. Crumble the saffron into the wine and add it to the rice. Cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed. Add 1 cup of the warm stock and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until nearly absorbed. Continue adding the stock 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until it is nearly absorbed between additions. The risotto is done when the rice is al dente and suspended in a thick, creamy sauce, about 20 minutes total. Season the risotto with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese, butter and parsley.

Serve immediately.

Serves: 6

Does anyone have the recipe for the pork tenderloin with white cheddar mustard spaetzle from the Brown Derby?

Can anyone share the recipe for Corn Polenta @ LeCellier? My husband & I both loved it!! I was supposed to receive an e-mail, but haven't yet. I'll be happy to share it if I receive it from Disney. TIA
Tammy

After visiting the new tequila bar in Mexico i'm :lovestruc
does anyone have the recipe for the jalapeno margarita it was great

also the recipe for the chase (palette cleanser) with the tequila flight
it was like a wonderfully spicy bloodymary mix...when we asked the waiter
he said it has grapefruit juice:confused3 in it…but would love to know how to make it

I haven't tried any of these so I can't tell you which is better or if any are like what you had. But you can have a lot of fun trying them out.:rotfl2:

Jalapeno Margarita

1. 1 jalapeno, sliced and de-seeded
  2. 1 1/3 cups tequila (something silver and good like Patron)
  3. 1 cup triple sec*
  4. 1 cup fresh lime juice (10 limes)
  5. 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
  6. kosher salt and ice

1. In a jar, steep the jalapeno and tequila WITHOUT SEEDS for 1 hour.
  2. Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and discard the jalapeno.
  3. Stir in the orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar.
  4. Pour the salt and a small amount of the margarita onto 2 rimmed plates.
  5. Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita, then into the salt.
  6. Fill each glass with ice, pour in the margarita and serve.
Or...

1. 1 jalapeno, poked with a knife
  2. 1 1/3 cups tequila
  3. 1 cup orange liqueur
  4. 1 cup fresh lime juice (10 limes)
  5. 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
  6. Kosher salt and ice

1. In a jar, steep the jalapeno and tequila; keep at room temperature for 3 days.
  2. Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and discard the jalapeno. Stir in the orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar.
  3. Pour the salt and a small amount of the margarita onto 2 rimmed plates. Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita, then into the salt. Fill each glass with ice, pour in the margarita and serve.

Or...

Make a big batch of margaritas with a twist. Pulse 1 thin slice jalapeno, a handful of celery leaves, 6 ounces fresh lime juice and a spoonful of confectioners' sugar in a blender. Mix with 16 ounces tequila and 8 ounces orange liqueur in a pitcher; chill. Serve on the rocks in salt-rimmed glasses.

Please post to let us know how they compare.

The "chaser" was a Sangrita, not to be confused with sangria. Generally it is a virgin bloody mary. It can be made with tomato juice or not, oj and/or grapefruit juice, fresh lime juice, seasonings, and sometimes grenadine. To devise a recipe I would suggest starting with small amounts, tasting and adjusting.

To start,
1/4 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup oj or grapefruit juice or a blend
1/8 cup fresh lime juice

then add a dash of one or more seasonings like

worchestershire sauce
tabasco sauce or hot sauce
grenadine
celery salt or powder
pepper
onion powder
seasoned salt
salt
chili powder

if you use celery salt or seasoned salt, leave out the regular salt. You do not have to use everything I listed, I am just trying to give you ideas. You can even try smaller amounts, I would just keep the tomato and oj (or grapefruit or blend) equal amounts, and the lime juice half of your tomato juice amount.

Let us know what you come up with.

I'm back from my 9 days at WDW with free dining plan, and I'm so spoiled by not having to pay for food there. It was such a bargain and my sister and I used our DS credits for Jiko, Citrico's, Sci -Fi Diner, Chefs De France, Crystal Palace, & Kona Cafe. We also attended the first Party for the Senses and I posted my pictures and reviews of that event, and our 2 days at the Food and Wine Festival here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292406&page=10

I printed out most of the requests (I didn't bother with the items that I know don't exist anymore) and I requested recipes at every restaurant we went to. I didn't request recipes at the Counter Service places because they are either too busy, or I know the staff there won't have the recipes. I tried some of the requested items, ie. the Black Forest cupcake at Contempo Café, the Garlic Mashed potatoes at Crystal Palace, - and decided, in some cases, to not use up a request for them because they were either very simple dishes that one can figure out without a recipe, or I really didn't like them very much.
The pattern at the restaurants seems to be the same these days when you request a recipe - so obviously they’ve standardized the procedure. In extremely rare cases, they'll actually go back to the kitchen and return with a recipe but usually, the waiter tells you to write your request down (which is why I tried to keep the list short), include your e-mail, and they will send the recipes to you. I haven't heard back from a single restaurant. They did the same thing at Party of the Senses, and I haven't heard back from a single chef either. At Boma, the waitress insisted that AKL now has a recipe page on its website and I should look there, but when I asked the waitress at Jiko about it, she laughed and said there's no way.
I did get some contact names because I sat with one of the Epcot Food and Beverage managers at POTS, and I also spoke to the new Epcot Executive Chef Jens Dahlmann - who gave me his card. There's been some shuffling of the Chefs and I intend to follow up my “on location” requests with further e-mails.

I bought the 2009 Epcot Festival cookbook and Delicious Disney Desserts, so I'll be transcribing and adding new recipes as I have the time.

I would please like to ask (once again), that anyone else who enjoys collecting Disney recipes and happens to make a trip to any of the theme parks, take those 2 minutes and ask your waiter for the recipe, to either a new dish that you might've enjoyed or to one of the outstanding requests. It's much more fun to come to this thread and see recipes being posted rather than just an endless list of requests.

Starting with Crystal Palace:
CrystalPalace.jpg

Picture of the Crystal Palace Lunch Buffet.

Crystal Palace requests: 177: Key Lime Pie page 12
1411: Mashed Potatoes page 95 (Are they the same as Chef Mickey’s?)
597: Vegetable Frittata page 40

I was there for the lunch buffet and there was no key lime pie. They had the garlic mashed potatoes and the Vegetable Frittata but no recipes cards printed for them. Instead the waiter gave me:

Lemon Squares
The Crystal Palace Restaurant, Magic Kingdom
Serving Size: 12

Dough:
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar together, slowly adding the egg, then the flour and salt together. Press into the bottom of a sprayed sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°. Remove from oven and cool slightly.

Filling
½ Egg yolk
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon rind
1 cup lemon juice
1 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Combine all ingredients and pour over the dough, placing in a 350° oven for 25 minutes. Remove and cool. Cut into diamond shapes when finished.

Pasta di Fortunata
The Crystal Palace Restaurant, Magic Kingdom
Servings: 6

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 red tomatoes, very large dice
2 yellow tomatoes, very large dice
½ yellow onion, julienne
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, sliced
2 ounces whole kalamata olives
1/2 cup stemmed grapes
4 ounces basil pesto
1 bunch mint leaves, stemmed, rough chopped
1/8 ounce chili flakes
2 ounces fresh spinach
1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed and whole
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs, for garnish

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add kosher salt (water should taste like seawater) and drop penne pasta. Heat a sauté pan on high heat with extra virgin olive oil. Sauté tomatoes, onions, olives, and grapes for about 15 seconds. Add garlic, salt and pepper and a pinch of the chili pepper flakes. Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar and pesto. Reduce heat and allow to cook.
When pasta is almost cooked al dente, remove from water and add to pan. Reserve some of the pasta water. Add the spinach, ½ the mint, basil, and another pinch of the chili flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add reserved pasta water if pasta is a little dry. Place in a serving dish, top with breadcrumbs and remaining mint. Enjoy!

BrownieCheesecake.jpg

Brownie Cheesecake
Disney's Boardwalk Bakery, WDW
Serves 12

Brownies
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 eggs
2 sticks of butter, melted
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2" baking pan. Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Beat flour mixture and eggs on low speed using an electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally and mixing until smooth. Slowly add melted butter and beat until just combined: do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
Transfer batter to prepared baking dish. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.

Cheesecake
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 8-ounce boxes of cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons sour cream

Preheat oven to 325°. Cream sugar, cornstarch, and cream cheese in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract, mixing thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl with each addition. Fold in heavy cream and sour cream. Spread batter on top of already baked brownies. Bake until cheesecake is lightly browned and firm, about 55 - 60 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

Greek Cinnamon Stewed Chicken
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardlwalk, Disney World
Serves 4

1 chicken (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut into 8 pieces (legs, breast and thighs)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 cups water
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 Tbsp. dried Italian herb seasoning
1 cup orzo, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup shredded *Mizritha cheese (a Greek hard cheese)

Preboil water with sea salt.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. A wet chicken will cause the oil to splatter while the chicken is sautéing. Mix the cinnamon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the chicken pieces on all sides with the seasoning.
Heat the olive oil in a large, nonreactive, deep skillet over high heat. A 12-inch skillet with sides about 2 1/2 to 3 inches high will allow you to brown all the chicken at once. If you don't have a skillet large enough, brown them in two batches using 1/2 the oil for each batch. What's important is that the chicken isn't overcrowded, which would cause them to steam rather than brown.
Add the chicken to the oil and brown for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Turn the pieces using a metal spatula, as they have a tendency to stick to the pan. Remove the pieces when they are well browned on all sides.
Mince three of the garlic cloves. Lower the heat to medium-high, and add the onions and minced garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the onions have softened and are a rich golden brown. Add about 1/2 cup of the water and scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula or spoon to deglaze the pan, loosening any particles stuck on the bottom.
When the water has evaporated, add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning and remaining 2 garlic cloves, minced.
Return the chicken to the pan. The liquid should cover about 3/4 of the chicken pieces. Cover the pot and simmer over medium-high heat for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and thoroughly cooked. If the sauce becomes too thick, it can be thinned with a little more water. Season the finished sauce with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Serve over orzo, cooked according to package directions, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
*if not available, use a blend of ricotta salata and romano.

Char-grilled Lamb Burger with Garlic 'Sauce'
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardlwalk, Disney World
makes 4 servings

1 pound ground lamb
1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs, preferably panko
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese

Garlic Sauce
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 garlic doves, minced
4 onion hamburger rolls, split and toasted
4 lettuce leaves. washed and dried
4 tomato slices
4 cucumber slices (optional)
4 thin slices red onion (optional)

1. With your hands or a wooden spoon, mix the lamb, olives, bread crumbs, onion, scallions, salt, pepper, oregano, and feta until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Shape the meat mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. Preheat a grill or a grill pan. Grill the meat patties over medium-hot coals or pan-grill over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side. The burgers should no longer be pink in the center.
3. For the garlic sauce: While the burgers cook, stir together the yogurt and garlic.
4. Place each burger on the bottom of a roll, spoon on a little garlic sauce, and top with lettuce, tomato, and cucumber and onion, if using. Cover with the top half of the roll and serve.

Mushroom Risotto
Victoria and Albert’s Restaurant, Grand Floridian, Scott Hunnel
Serves 6

4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 small onion, minced, about 1 1/4 cup
2 cups arborio risotto
5 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 pound mushrooms, chopped in bite-size pieces
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Black truffle oil, optional

Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat in a medium-sized heavy-bottomed saucepan.

Add onions and sauté for 4 minutes; add risotto and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes more to coat rice.
Reduce heat to low and gradually add 1 cup chicken stock, stirring often, until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, cooking and stirring to absorb each addition of broth before adding more, about 30 minutes. Risotto should be creamy.
Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high and sauté mushrooms. Set aside.
Remove risotto from heat and stir in mushrooms, butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper into risotto. Drizzle with truffle oil, if desired. Serve immediately.

We just got back last weekend. Our favorite at Food & Wine was the scallops from the Wellington, New Zealand stand so I thought I would stop by and share the recipe.
IMG_8331.jpg

SEARED SEA SCALLOPS
& VEGETABLE SLAW WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE

Vegetable Salad
3/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
3/4 cup chopper red pepper
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
coarse salt, freshly ground white pepper, to taste

* Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.

Scallops
1 to 1-1/4 pounds sea scallops (approximately 16)
Coarse salt, to taste
2 teaspoons butter
2 teaspoons olive oil

* Remove the small side muscle from each scallop, rinse with cold water and pat dry.
* Salt the scallops.
* Add the butter and oil to a saute pan over high heat. As pan begins to smoke, add the scallops, making sure they do not touch each other. Sear for 1-1/2 minutes each side; they will have a golden crust but still be translucent in the center.
* Serve immediately with vegetable slaw.

IMG_8518.jpg

ENJOY!

Our second favorite was the bread pudding from the New Orleans, Louisiana stand!
IMG_8482.jpg

PRALINE BREAD PUDDING
WITH BOURBON-CARMEL SAUCE

Bread Pudding
8 slices of bread
3/4 cup sugar
5 eggs
1-1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Cinnamon sugar (4 tablespoons sugar & 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)

* Preheat over to 300 degrees
* Cut or tear bread into 1 inch cubes and place in a 8-inch square baking dish; set aside.
* Whisk together sugar, eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
* Pour mixture over the bread cubes and press the bread cubes gently to submerge. Sprinkle pecans and cinnamon sugar evenly on top; set aside for 10 minutes.
* Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
* Remove from oven and set aside to slightly cool.

Bourbon Sauce
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2-3 tablespoons bourbon

* Heat the heavy cream and vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes, or until simmering. Remove from heat.
* Whisk the egg yolks and sugar togetherin a small mixing bowl until combined.
* Stir 1/2 cup of the warm cream into the egg mixture. Whisk vigorously for 1 minute.
* Pour the egg mixture into the warm cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly for about 2 to 3 minutes, just until simmering. Once mixture begins to simmer, stir well and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
* Remove from heat, stir in bourbon and strain.
* To server, spoon bread pudding into bowls and drizzle with warm bourbon sauce.

ENJOY! SOOOO YUMMY!

MickeyWanaBe - your pictures are so amazing. I wasn't wild about the salad that came with the scallop and threw it out. But the scallop was delicious. I just felt the two didn't fit together.

I liked the Passion Fruit Mousse:

Pavé de Maracujá (Passion Fruit Mousse Cake)[/B]
Rio de Janiero, Brazil, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 8 – 10

48 champagne finger biscuits or lady finger biscuits
2 cups sweetened condensed milk
6 large egg yolks
1 cup fresh or bottled *unsweetened passion fruit juice
6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
1 cup milk

1. Arrange the biscuits in a 2-quart bowl to cover the bottom and sides. Remove biscuits from bowl and set aside.
2. Blend condensed milk, egg yokes, and juice in a food processor or blender for 1 minute. Add the mascarpone cheese and blend on high until smooth. Cover the bottom of the serving bowl with 1 cup of the mixture; set aside.
3. Pour the milk into a separate bowl. Reserve 6 biscuits for the topping, then quickly dip the remaining biscuits one by one in the milk (do not soak biscuits or they will fall apart). Place moistened the biscuits on the bottom and sides of the serving bowl, fitting snugly side by side.
4. Add half the remaining passion fruit mixture and cover with another layer of soaked biscuits. Top with remaining passion fruit mixture.
5. Crumble reserved dry biscuits and sprinkle over the top.
6. Cover and chill for at least three hours before serving.
* Unsweetened passion fruit juice can be usually found in the organic section of your local grocery store. Pavé is the French word for a dessert consisting of layers of sponge cake and filling.

This dessert is a favorite in many of the reviews.

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache
Cork, Ireland, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 6

Chocolate Lava Cake
8 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate squares, chopped, or 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 sticks of butter
5 egg yokes
4 whole eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter sides of 6 individual (3/4 cup) ramekins. Lightly coat with sugar, shake out excess.
2. Melt chocolate and butter in top of double boiler set over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Remove from over water and cool 10 minutes
3. Beat egg yolks and whole eggs together in a large bowl; add sugar and beat until thick and light, about 2minutes.
4. Fold in chocolate mixture.
5. Sift flour, then fold into batter, mixing until smooth. Divide batter among prepared cups, filling 3/4 full.
6. Place on a baking sheet and bake about 35 to 40 minutes or until sides of cake are set and middle is still soft. Do not overbake.
7. Using a small knife, cut around sides of cake to loosen. Invert onto plates and drizzle with ganache.

Ganache
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Bailey's Irish cream
4 ounces milk chocolate

Stir together cream and Bailey's in a small saucepan over medium heat. Just before boiling point, remove from heat and stir in milk chocolate.

Note: you can also use muffin tins; recipe makes 12. Bake for 15 minutes until set and middle is still soft.

Does anyone have the recipe for the pork tenderloin with white cheddar mustard spaetzle from the Brown Derby?

I am glad someone has brought this one up. It is an amazing dish!!! I have been looking for the recipe for a while but I can't find anything like it anywhere. When I was there they said they could not share the recipe with me. But things change and I'm sure someone out there has this one floating around. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by VillianinVogue
I'm not sure where I should post this but.... I was wondering if anyone has the recipe for the vegetable quiche from Boulangerie Patteserie (spelling) in France? There used to be a thread somewhere on the boards with nothing but recipes, so I would have gone there, but I couldn't find the thread. Thanks!

Vegetable Quiche
Boulangerie Pattiserie, France, Epcot

For Filling:
1 zucchini cut into ¼ “ cubes
¼ medium onion cut in ¼” cubes
1 medium tomato cut into ¼” cubes
6-8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
1 tsp. thyme, minced
1 tsp. rosemary, minced

Quiche Liquid:
3 eggs
1 cup half & half
1 cup heavy cream
Whisk together

Combine filling ingredients, season with salt & pepper; you want about a 50-50 mix of cheese and vegetables.
Place in a pie shell and cover with quiche liquid. Place in a preheated 300˚ oven and bake for 45 minutes to one-hour until top is golden brown. Remove from oven allow to rest for 15minutes before slicing.

Made this last night and it was delicious.

Arroz con Pollo
San Juan, Puerto Rico, Epcot F &W Festival 2009
Serves 10 - 12

1/2 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
1 large shallot
5 cloves garlic
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium red bell pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
1/2 cup olive oil
3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup sliced green olives
1/4 cup drained capers
5 cups chicken broth (I needed about 7 cups before the rice was done)
4 cups short grain white rice
Coarse salt, cracked black pepper, to taste

1. Place onion, shallots, garlic, green and red peppers and 2 tablespoons cilantro in food processor and pulse to a fine chop. Set aside. (Mine was very fine by the time I was finished - more like a salsa - but it still tasted great).
2. Heat oil in a 5-quart sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until browned.
3. Add chopped vegetables, tomato paste, olives, and capers, and continue to cook and stir for 6 to 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
4. Stir in broth and rice. Cover and reduce heat to medium to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the rice has absorbed the liquid, about 10 minutes.
5. Turn the heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 more minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Just before serving, stir in remaining cilantro.

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but has anyone put this in a word document that they'd be willing to share? If not, I'm thinking about starting on one - these recipes allow me to daydream about Disney all year long!

I haven't tried any of these so I can't tell you which is better or if any are like what you had. But you can have a lot of fun trying them out.:rotfl2: <snip>

Were any of these "official" Disney recipes? Or just alternatives offered in lieu of actual WDW recipes? (Just so I can mark them accordingly in the index...)

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but has anyone put this in a word document that they'd be willing to share? If not, I'm thinking about starting on one - these recipes allow me to daydream about Disney all year long!

I have a Word document with the index, but I don't think that's what you want...besides it has all the formatting marks in it for this thread. I can't imagine how HUGE a single document with all these recipes would be - certainly not something I'd want to print out! :rotfl: (I just added recipe # 1500 to my list!)

What I do is copy the recipes I think the family might like - each into it's own Word document - and keep folders for each park and resort, with sub-folders for each restaurant. I find it much easier to do a search this way...some I have an idea where to look & just do it visually, while other times I just use the Windows XP search feature.

And finally a request copied from another thread:
i don't know where to post this, please move if it's not the right place...

i know most of the restaurants will give you a recipe if you ask. i got the spinach and artichoke dip from capt. jack sparrows (delish!) and the passion fruit margarita from san angel inn.

i forgot to ask at kouzina for the herb salsa recipe that came with the wood grilled flank steak. it was unbelievably good and after searching the web, i've come up empty handed.

if anybody knows it can you post it? or point me in the right direction to find it....

TIA

Index updated through this post.

MickeyWanaBe - your pictures are so amazing. I wasn't wild about the salad that came with the scallop and threw it out. But the scallop was delicious. I just felt the two didn't fit together.

Thank you. The pictures make my mouth water just looking at them. I have lots more pictures to share on the "food porn" thread, but I have to space my posting out or I go over my bandwidth allowance and get put in timeout...

We loved it! I will eat just about anything if it comes with scallops! It was the one thing we HAD to go back and "try" a second time!

I got the recipe in my e-mail today!:woohoo: Thanks for the contact info tatania, you rock. Sor here it is:

Sweet corn polenta
LeCellier Steakhouse / Canada
Serving Size: 5 cups

1/2 cup corn polenta(Finely ground corn meal)
½ cup Spanish onion(diced small)
1 cup water
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup maple syrup
1 cup parmesan cheese(Shredded)
½ cup fresh corn kernels(Removed from cob)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh chives(chopped)
Salt and black pepper to taste

In a medium saucepan,lightly cook onions and fresh corn until onions are translucent.Add water, cream, and maple syrup.Bring to a boil.
Stir in polenta and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Cover pan with foil and bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350f.
Remove from oven and stir in chives, parmesan, and season with salt and pepper.

here's the 2 recipe's i got last week

the margarita is to be made for a party size, not individual size! lol

from san angel inn -

fruta de la pasion or passion fruit margarita

30 oz cuervo sauza gold
20 oz puree passion fruit
25 oz simple syrup
5 oz fresh lime juice
5 oz sour mix
10 oz water

mom and i sampling it

100_0006-1.jpg

spinach and artichoke dip at Cap'n Jack's Oyster Bar Restaurant at DTD

1/2 pound spinach chopped (cooked)
8 oz heavy cream
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/3rd oz Worcestershire sauce
1/2 oz minced sauteed garlic ( sub roasted)
3 oz grated Asiago or parmesan cheese
1 can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
salt and pepper to taste when mixture is heated

saute' the garlic in olive oil and place it into a large mixing bowl.
add all the ingredients to mixing bowl and mix gently until completely incorporated.
heat in a double boiler slowly OR place mixture in a microwave safe container and microwave approximately 2 minutes on high until mixture is heated throughout, stir and serve.

Love the pics you posted cassie. Was the margarita blended with the ice like a slushie or served over ice. Can't really tell from the glass - it just looks good! I'm really missing Disney as well, but am having fun going through the Epcot 2009 cookbook.

Today I made one of my favourite drinks - the Mango Lassi. Mmmmm, good!

Mango Lassi
New Delhi, India, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Serves 4

2 cups ripe mango, chopped
Pinch of salt
1 cup chilled whole milk
1 cup whole-milk plain yogurt
2 - 3 teaspoons sugar, optional

1. If mango has stringy fibers, pushed through a nylon sieve with the back of a spoon. The remaining mango should not contain any stringy pulp. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Combine mango, pinch of salt, milk and yogurt in a blender and purée until smooth. Taste and add sugar to taste. If you would like the lassi a bit colder, add about eight ice cubes to the blender. Can be refrigerated up to 24 hours.

My note: I blended the mango with the milk, and then forced it through a sieve to get rid of the stringy pulp. In my blender, it's easier to blend something with liquid.

Rava Masala Dosai with Sambhar
(Potato and onion pastry with vegetable stew)
New Delhi, India, Epcot Food and Wine Festival 2009
Makes 20 (10") shells

Dosai Shells
1/2 cup urad dal (lentils), split and skinned
1 teaspoons salt
1 3/4 cups rice flour
3 1/2 cups water
Oil for cooking

Potato Filling
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 large onion, diced
1 large serrano chili, diced
10 curry leaves
6 medium white potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed (1/2 inch cubes)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 1/2 cups water
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Chutney, optional, for serving

Sambhar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 medium onion, diced
3 dried red chiles
2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
10 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 medium tomato, diced
2 medium Japanese eggplant, peeled and diced into small 1/2" cubes
1 1/4 cup toor dal (split pigeon peas)
3 teaspoons salt
6 cups water
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon tamarind paste
2 dashes asafetida

For the Dosai Shells:
1. Place the urad dal in a medium mixing bowl and cover with water. Cover and set aside to soak for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
2. Drain the urad dal; grind using a food processor, blender, or mortar and pestle. While grinding, you will need to add a little water at a time to make a fine paste. Season with salt.
3. Combine the urad dal, rice flour and 3 1/2 cups of water in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Cover the batter and set aside in warm place to ferment and bubble for at least 8 hours. Batter will double in volume and will have a bitter smell.
4. Heat a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Spread a very thin layer of oil in the pan with a cloth or paper towel. Pour the batter, using a 2-ounce ladle, in the center of the skillet. Quickly swirl the dough away from the middle of the skillet, using the back of the ladle until it is thinly spread and even in a 10-inch circle in the pan.
5. For crispness, add a little oil around the edges of the pancake. Cook for about one minute, or until edges brown. With a spatula, flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
6. Remove from skillet and roll the dosai into large tubes. Keep warm until served. Repeat process with remaining batter, wiping the skillet with a paper towel between each dosai.

For the potato filling:
1. Heat oil in a 9-quart stock pot. Toast the mustard seeds in the oil until they pop.
2. Add onions, chili and curry leaves and sauté until translucent.
3. Stir in potatoes, turmeric and salt. Cover mixture with 2 1/2 cups water and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and water is evaporated.
4. Mash the potatoes with an immersion blender or handheld blender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

To serve: Place warm dosai shell on a plate and spoon 4 - 5 tablespoons of the filling in the center; fold the sides over the filling. Serve with your favorite chutney on the side.

For the sambhar:
Makes 8 (1 cup) servings

1. Heat oil in a 9-quart stock pot over medium heat. Add the black mustard seeds and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until the seeds begin to pop.
2. Add the onion, dried chiles and serrano chiles and cook the ingredients for 5 to 7 minutes or until they are translucent and soft. Stir constantly.
3. Add curry leaves, coriander seeds and turmeric; stir until combined.
4. Add tomato and cook for five minutes. Stir in eggplant, potatoes, toor dal and salt.
5. Add 6 cups of water. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
6. Add fresh cilantro, tamarind paste and asafetida; continue simmering for five minutes, covered.
7. Season to taste with salt and tamarind paste. Serve hot.

Cooks Note: Urad Dal are black lentils that has been split and skinned. You can purchase them already split and skinned at your local Indian market. They are also referred to as white lentils.
The first dosai shell you cook is often unusable. Consider it practice and it seasons the pan for the rest of the shells.
Sambhar is one of the most popular dishes in South Indian cuisine. This view accompanies most every meal.

Are there any recipes for the chimichurri in the 09 book? It was one of my favorites last year.

I would love the recipe for the Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie from the Ireland booth at F&WF. I was so disappointed to get home and look at my cookbook and see that the recipe was not in there. I should have looked at the cookbook before heading home.

Also did anyone else notice the Maple Glazed Salmon with Lentil Salad recipe in the cookbook is not the same as what was served at the F&WF? The lentils I had last week had corn in them and no sausage. Not a huge deal, we like lentils and are looking forward to trying the recipe in the cookbook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter