<><> The "Official" DISNEY RECIPE Exchange! <><> 1850+ recipes!

Hi! I'm new here, but I've been going through the boards reading all the great recipes. Thanks for posting this treasure trove of Disney recipes. I tried to make the Boardwalk brownies tonight, and they didn't turn out quite right. The recipe says to bake at 330 degrees for approx. 15 minutes. After that time, I checked and they were real runny. I raised the temp to 350 and went another 15 minutes. They still didn't seem done, so I baked them another 10 minutes, and decided to take them out of the oven. They still weren't quite done, but I was afraid of burning the outside if I continued to bake. The parts that did fully cook tasted great. I was wondering if I was supposed to bake at 330 degrees for an hour and fifteen minutes...?? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Y'all rock!

I tried finding another source to check for you as I've never made these myself. Generally brownie recipes tend to say to bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes, so I can't imagine they were supposed to be done at 330 for 75 minutes.

Some general questions...

Did you preheat your oven or just put them in & start the timer? That would extend the time...I confess I often forget to preheat. :blush:

If you took them out & had the oven door open for a bit while checking, or turned it off in between, or even had them out for ~5 minutes while you were checking on things it's possible that your total time wouldn't have been quite enough.

I never had the Boardwalk Brownies, but when my kids would make a box mix they preferred to "under bake" them...they like them gooey, chewy & not so cake-like. And the edge brownies are always more well-done than the center ones.

When was the last time you checked the temp on your oven? Maybe it doesn't quite reach the proper temp.

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I preheated the oven, and when I checked it after the first 15 minutes, I opened the oven door and started to take it out, and when I started to move it, I could see it shaking like Jello, and immediately closed the door and reset the timer. The oven is fairly new, that's not to say that the temps are correct, but I think it's pretty close. The middle pieces were not just a little gooey, but runny still. As Alton Brown says: Not good eats. I served the best pieces to my family and neighbor with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and a little chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Got no complaints. If I can get this brownie recipe down, I would like to make the Ghiradelli fudge sauce from Downtown Disney to drizzle over the top, maybe some caramel sauce also. The brownies have a real good flavor with ice cream and would make a great desert. I'll give it another try and get back to y'all. Thanks again!!!

Ghirardelli’s Hot Fudge Sauce
Yield: 2 cup(s)
4 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar
4 tablespoon(s) butter, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
1/2 cup(s) water
1/4 cup(s) light corn syrup
1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract

might be good on more than just brownies...

Does anyone have the recipe for the Cream of Asparagus soup from 1900 Park Fare? I can't stop thinking about it since we last went two weeks ago....

This thread is awesome - and killing my diet too!! :rotfl:

Thanks for responding so quickly. Yes, I preheated the oven, and when I checked it after the first 15 minutes, I opened the oven door and started to take it out, and when I started to move it, I could see it shaking like Jello, and immediately closed the door and reset the timer.

By way of comparison I checked the instructions for the Double Chocolate Brownies from Ghirardelli's and it says:

"Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the ingrediants then spread into greased 8 or 9-inch square pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. For extra chewy brownies, use 8-inch pan and less baking time – (as little as 15 min). For cake-like brownies, use 9-inch pan and longer baking time. Cut into squares."

Those seem like very short baking times but then, they use very different ovens.

From the Disney archives "two longtime King Stefan Banquet Hall favorites - gone but they definitely stand the test of time"! (from D23 Magazine)

BEEF AND BARLEY SOUP

King Stefan Banquet Hall, Magic Kingdom
Makes 8 cups.

4 cups boiling water
coarse salt (to taste)
2/3 cup uncooked pearl barley
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup finely diced onions
1/2 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 cup finely diced celery
2 teaspoons dried shallots
2 cups (about ½ pound) diced, cooked roast beef
8 cups water
5 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
2 chicken bouillon cubes, crumbled
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon parsley flakes

Method of Preparation:
Bring water and 1 tablespoon salt to a boil in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the pearl barley; stir, cover, and reduce heat to low and cook for 30–40 minutes or until the barley is tender. Drain well in a colander and rinse using cold water. Set aside. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed saucepot over medium heat. Sauté onions, carrots, celery, and shallots for 3–5 minutes or until tender. Add the roast beef, water, crumbled bouillon cubes, salt to taste, pepper, and garlic, and stir to combine. Bring soup to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for 20 minutes or until the meat is tender. Add parsley flakes and the cooked barley and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Season to taste with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.

CHEF'S NOTES: For the soup, you may add more roast beef to the recipe, if you prefer. Ask your deli to make the slices approximately one inch thick to make it easier for you.

FRIED BRIE CHEESE
012910_DTT_RecipeCheesefeat2.jpg
It doesn't get much better than biting into warm brie cheese oozing out of a breadcrumb exterior. Who needs dinner?
3 cups vegetable oil
2 9 ounce (4½-inch) Brie cheese rounds
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large egg, beaten
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup tomato sauce for dipping

Preheat the oil to 325 degrees in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Using a sharp knife, cut each cheese round into 8 even-sized wedges. Combine the flour and cayenne pepper in a mixing bowl. Place the beaten egg in another mixing bowl and the bread crumbs in a separate mixing bowl. Dredge the cheese pieces in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. Dip the cheese into the egg until evenly coated. Roll the cheese in the bread crumbs, coating evenly. Place pieces of cheese into the preheated oil in batches to avoid overcrowding the saucepan. Cook about 1 minute, or until golden brown. Remove them from the oil and transfer to paper towels to drain. Continue cooking the remainder of the cheese until complete. Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over low heat. If needed, season to taste with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve the cheese immediately with the tomato dipping sauce on the side.

CHEF'S NOTES: For the cheese, use your favorite tomato sauce or simply add Italian seasonings to plain sauce for more flavor.

Also from the Disney archives:
Lemon Grass Soup
lemongrass-HR.jpg

Lemon Grass Soup
California Grill, Contemporary Hotel, Epcot (1998)
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

2 quarts fish broth, clam broth or water, warmed
1 small onion, peeled
1 small leek
1 carrot, peeled
1 poblano pepper, seeded
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 tablespoon turmeric
2 garlic cloves
2 ounces fresh ginger
2 ounces galangal (see note)
5 stalks lemon grass
2 kaffir lime leaves (see note)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
2 limes, zest removed and reserved (also, pith should be removed from citrus)
1 tablespoon Thai herb paste (see note)

1. Grind onions, leeks, carrots, peppers, garlic and ginger in a food processor. Sweat these vegetables in a nonreactive stockpot for about 5 minutes until tender. Stir in the turmeric.
2. Add warmed stock, lemon grass, galangal and Kaffir lime leaves. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add cilantro, basil, peeled lime, reserved zest and Thai herb paste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Press and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Cool soup mixture by placing bowl on top of ice. Serve.
How to make Thai herb paste: Puree 3 red bell peppers, 2 green bell peppers, 4 garlic cloves and 4 ounces fresh ginger in a food processor. Heat 1 cup safflower oil in a nonreactive pot, add red pepper puree and simmer for 1 hour. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, add 4 minced lemon grass stalks, 1/4 cup turmeric, 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted and ground cumin seeds, 1/4 cup toasted and ground cardamon, 1/4 cup powdered ginger, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper and 3 kaffir lime leaves torn into quarters. Puree in a food processor or food mill and cool. Use as directed in recipe or store refrigerated in a jar for up to one week or freeze in small parcels for later use.

Recipe notes: Galangal is a root with a hot, ginger-peppery flavor. It is used primarily as a seasoning. Galangal and kaffir lime leaves can be found in the spice section of large supermarkets and in Asian grocery stores.
Storing notes: This soup can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for later use.

In 1996, The Orlando Sentinel’s food section asked Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney for some inspiration for a Mardi Gras menu. The result was this fab crawfish lasagna. The dish incorporates many traditional Louisiana ingredients including spicy andouille sausage, crawfish and Tabasco. But more importantly, it calls for the three essentials of the Louisiana cook’s ”holy trinity”: onion, bell pepper and celery.

planetcrawfish-HR.jpg

Crawfish Andouille Lasagna
Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney
Yield: 4 servings

1 pound pasta
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella
1 cup ricotta

Lasagna filling:
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound minced andouille sausage
1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup chopped green onion
8 slices stale French bread, soaked in stock and minced
2 pounds minced crawfish tails
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup crawfish stock thickened with a bit of roux ( 1/2 cup New England clam chowder can be substituted)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs

1. Heat oven to 350 F. To make the filling, melt butter in a skillet over high heat. Add andouille and vegetables. Cook stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Add minced bread, crawfish and seasonings. Cook mixture for 4 to 5 minutes. Add sauce and a cup of bread crumbs. Blend well and remove from the heat.

2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Lightly grease a baking dish and cover the bottom with a layer of pasta. Put a layer of the filling (about 1/2 -inch thick) over the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella. Ladle 1/2 cup of the crawfish sauce on tip and spread evenly.

3. Cover with another layer of pasta, filling and cheeses, 1/2 cup crawfish sauce and ricotta. Repeat procedure (there will be no ricotta layer).

4. Top with remaining pasta and lightly grease the top sheet. Cover and bake for 3O MINUTES.

Index complete through this post.

I’ve made some changes to the index thread. We often have people who need help using the index. If you have a moment, please check it out & let me know if there is something that isn’t clear or that I missed. If you don’t mind, send me a PM instead of posting here so we can extend the life of this thread. Thanks! :teeth:

Another recipe from the Disney archives via D23…

Blue Bayou Fantasia Cheesecake
You have the option on the final texture of this cheesecake. For a more cake-like texture bake about 10 minutes longer than called for in this recipe. For a creamier cake, remove five minutes earlier.

INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS
4 cups cream cheese (32 oz.)
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. lemon flavoring
4 eggs

With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, blending thoroughly. Add salt and lemon flavoring and mix well. Add one egg at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. Set aside.

Graham Cracker Crust
1 cup graham cracker meal
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 tbsp. sugar

Combine first three ingredients and blend thoroughly. Press into a greased 9-inch spring form or cake pan. Pour in cheese mixture and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 70 minutes, or until golden on top. Cool thoroughly. If you have used a cake pan, place a board the same size as cake on top, then tip slightly until loose and turn over on a dish.

Combine sour cream and sugar and spread evenly on top of cheese cake. For variety, top the cake with fresh strawberries or any other pie filling.

Re: Eggplant Catasta
I just had this last week at Tony's it was amazing! Does anyone have the recipe? I also loved the Butternut Squash soup, but I found that one......
Added to the request list...
Hi all. Just returned from 3 weeks at Disney World. While we had no interest in eating dinner at Kouzzina, we found it a new and delicious place to eat breakfast. My question is, would anyone know where to find a recipe for the oatmeal, blueberry, orange granola pancakes? I'm not usually a pancake eater, but these were absolutely delicious. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

We're looking for the recipe for the gravy they serve with the potatoes at Tusker House lunch/dinner buffet. It's a very dark rich gravy that looks and tastes totally unhealthy. LOL :rotfl:

Can anyone out there help?

TIA!

I found some old recipes at RecipeZaar & thought I would share. I know every once in a while we get requests for things people haven't even thought about in years. There are more coming when I get to it.

from RecipeZaar
Banana Bread
Disneyland Hotel
2 loaves

1 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups ripe bananas (Mashed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together Flour, Salt and Baking Soda -- Set Aside. Mix melted Butter and Sugar until well blended. Add Eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Add Water. Add Bananas and Vanilla -- Mix well. Fold in Flour mixture until well incorporated. Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans. Bake for 1 hour or until center of loaf is firm and a toothpick inserted to the center comes out clean.

- - - - - - -
Snickerdoodles
Disneyland
60 cookies

Dough
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Topping
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

For the dough:
In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Set aside. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients. Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten.

For the topping:
Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the top of the cookie before baking. Bake 8 minutes or until cooked through.

- - - - - - -
Zucchini Salad
Polynesian Village
3 cups

8 ounces sliced zucchini, unpeeled
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped red pepper
1/8 teaspoon tarragon leaf
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt
fresh ground pepper

Combine all the salad ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chill. Serve as salad.
Serve with ½ cup Pioneer Hall Vinaigrette (recipe below)

- - - - - - -
Pioneer Hall Vinaigrette
1 pint

1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chopped sweet relish
1/2 teaspoon chopped capers
1/2 teaspoon chopped green olives
1 teaspoon chopped red pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon chopped green onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped Spanish onion
1/2 garlic clove
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 hard-boiled egg, chopped

Combine all ingredients to and including the red wine vinegar. Then add everything except the oil and egg. Mix. Now add the oil and egg. Stir gently with spoon.

- - - - - - -
Mikado Rice Salad
Lake Buena Vista Club
5½ cups

1 cup uncooked rice
1 1/3 cups peas
4 tablespoons diced pimentos
4 teaspoons green olives, julienne
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
white pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Cook rice as directed by package. Cool. Blanche peas in boiling water for 2 minutes Chll in ice water. Drain well. Combine the rice and peas and remaining ingredients. Chill.

- - - - - - -
BBQ Chicken
Crystal Palace

2 broiler chickens, split lenghtwise
salt
fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
1 garlic clove, fine chopped
1 cup catsup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup salad oil
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water

NOTE In place of the red pepper sauce and chili powder you can use 1 tsp BBQ spice or 1/8 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp worchesterhire sauce. The chickens should weigh 2 pound each. Place broilers in baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover with foil and bake at 325F for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes or until lightly browned and tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Combine all the remaining ingredients except the cornstarch and water in sauce pan and bring to boil. Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into this. Cook stirring until mix begins to boil again and thickens. Cook for 2 minutes. This will make 3 cups of sauce. Serve sauce over baked chicken. Refrigerate remainders.

- - - - - - -
The Floridian
The Land Grille Room

1 lb red snapper fillet
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper
flour
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup margarine

Cut fish into four portions. Combine juice, sauce and seasonings and pour over the fish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. Coat fish with flour then dip in egg. Fry fish on one side in margarine in an overprood skillet for three minutes then turn and repeat. Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Note you can extend marination over night for added flavor. Do NOT over cook. When done it becomes opaque and flakes easily with fork. Disney serving suggestion: Rice Pilaf and stir fried vegetable medley of carrots, mushrooms, zucchini and red and green peppers. Cook time include max marination time.

- - - - - - -
Grille Room Salad
The Land Grille Room

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 cup chopped apple
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup chopped cooked beet
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6 iceberg lettuce, slices see note
6 red pepper rings, halved

Note the Lettuce slices should be 1/2 inch thick. The recipe specifically states to only use REAL mayo. Mix the first four ingredients. Toss the apple with the lemon juice and add with beets and onions to the mayo. Chill. Put 1/3 cup on lettuce slice and surround with pepper rings.

*edied* to correct the name of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake recipe. Review of this awesome cupcake is here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/

Conchita_Sweet_bread_DL.jpg

Mickey Conchita (Mexican Sweet Bread)
Disneyland

3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1½ cups whole eggs
1 ounce (2 tablespoon) fresh yeast
½ cup butter, softened to room temperature

Topping:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1¼ cups flour
Food Coloring

Preheat oven to 100°F. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs and fresh yeast. Mix in a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment until a ball of dough is formed, then mix at high speed until the dough comes off the sides of the mixing bowl. At low speed, add butter until incorporated. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Form balls of dough in two different sizes – some of approximately ¼ cup (2 oz.), and some of
approximately 1/8 cup (1 oz.) On a sheet pan, place a 2 oz. ball of dough to form Mickey’s face and two1 oz. balls of dough to make the ears. Mix shortening, sugar and flour. Add your favorite color of food coloring by drops until the topping is the color desired. Spread topping on top of the conchas and make decorative lines with a table knife. Place the conchas in the preheated 100°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes to allow dough to rise. Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake conchas at 375°F for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!

DHS-150.JPG

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
Starring Rolls / Disney's Hollywood Studios

Chocolate Cake for Cup Cakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes

1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine boiling-hot water and cocoa powder in a separate medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and cocoa mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mixing until just combined.
Fill Cup Cakes and bake at 340* F. for 25 minutes until cake feels firm to touch.

For the Peanut butter topping mix:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Chocolate Fudge Icing
Pipe on top the Cup cake

Decorate with chocolate shavings.

papaya21-300x168.jpg

Papaya, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad
Boma, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 4 servings

1 papaya
1 avocado
1 grapefruit
10 mint leaves, cut into strips
Dressing:
1/2 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon honey

1. Peel the papaya, slice in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Using a large spoon, separate the fruit from the peel. Dice both the papaya and the avocado into 1-inch cubes. Using a knife, peel the grapefruit to remove all the bitter white pith. Over a bowl, cut each segment away from the membrane. (You can use the juice for the dressing.) Toss the fruit and mint together and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ingredients for the dressing together; mix enough dressing to evenly coat the fruit.

I just made the Bread & Butter Bread Pudding from Raglan Road this evening and it was so yummy!

Please Note: The directions I added to the index - to make finding a page easier - have been changed. I wasn't able to make it work the way I'd described it today for some reason. :confused3

I just added this to another thread in answer to a question, but want to add it here as well to keep them all together.

PUFFED FRENCH TOAST
from The Crystal Palace

2 whole eggs
2½ Tbl sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
2 c milk
1 c flour
2½ tsp baking powder
12 slices Texas style toast, cut in half diagonally
cinnamon sugar mix (4 tsp. cinnamon + 3/4 c. granulated sugar)

Mix eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, and milk until blended. Slowly add flour and baking powder; mix until smooth. Dip bread in batter. Fry in hot skillet with 1" oil until browned. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar mix.

I thought the noodles had soy sauce and peppers or some such thing.

Does anyone remember or know how to cook these noodles? I loved them at Teppan Edo.

thanks
Added to request list...

Index complete through this post.

Does anyone have the recipe for that wonderful dressing on the green salad at the Garden Grille??
TIA!!

Not sure if anyone is interested, but thought I would share...I've been gathering up and organizing these recipes in word (thanks so much everyone for posting)...I don't have any other recipes to add, but thought I'd share that I'm using some recipe cards from the DISigns board and these recipes and merging...

If anyone is interested they are in this thread (filled in cards start on page 4):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2145986&page=4

Does anyone have the recipe for 2009 FW Festival Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies? I am new to this site wow it's so nice to see all these recipes. Thanks! I would really like to buy the 2009 FW Festival Cookbook but I cannot find it on line. Any ideas? Thanks again, Debbie :surfweb:

Does anyone have the recipe for 2009 FW Festival Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies? I am new to this site wow it's so nice to see all these recipes. Thanks! I would really like to buy the 2009 FW Festival Cookbook but I cannot find it on line. Any ideas? Thanks again, Debbie :surfweb:

I believe the recipe you are looking for is on Page 167; haven't made them though as I use my grandmother's recipe and that does not call for eggs is the dough. I think pirogi & kielbasa is one of my favorite meals. :thumbsup2

Thank you Greeneyes. I never heard of making pierogies without eggs. I make them every Christmas. What is your recipe? Thanks, Debbie

Thank you Greeneyes. I never heard of making pierogies without eggs. I make them every Christmas. What is your recipe? Thanks, Debbie

2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt and about 1/2 cup cold water (more or less) to make an elastic dough that is not sticky

Goat Cheese-stuffed Grape Leaf
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardwalk
Servings: Servings: 4-6

8 large grape leaves
8 ounces goat cheese
1 tablespoon mixed, fresh herbs (thyme, basil rosemary, and/or parsley), chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cups cleaned and chilled, fresh arugula
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 slices Greek or a rustic loaf bread
Cured black and herbed Kalamata olives

Turn the grill on to high flame.
Mix the goat cheese, herbs, salt, and pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl. Put aside.
Spread out the eight grape leaves in sets of two overlapping pairs. Scoop about two ounces, a rounded heaping tablespoon, of the goat cheese mixture placing it in the middle of a pair of grape leaves. Starting with one end, fold each side until the goat cheese is covered, making a rounded packet. Repeat with the remaining leaves. Place stuffed leaves in a shallow dish and cover with extra virgin olive oil until ready to use.
Using tongs, place the packets onto the grill. When marked on one side, about 1 minute, turn over, and mark on the other side. Grill until cheese is soft, about 1 minute. When soft remove from grill and place on platter. Brush slices of bread with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill both sides until lightly browned and toasted. Remove from grill.

For the salad :
Toss the arugula in a large salad bowl just prior to serving dress lightly with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place a small mound of arugula in the center of each plate. Place the grilled cheese stuffed grape leaf on top of the salad. Cut a slice of bread on the bias and place on either side of the salad and garnish with marinated olives. Serve immediately.

Toasted Sesame Seed-Crusted Lamb Meatballs w/ Sweet Harissa Yogurt Sauce
Makes 12 servings

Sweet Harissa Yogurt Sauce:
1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. harissa paste
1 tbsp. orange juice
2 tsp. Ground Valencia Orange Peel
1 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp. Saigon Cinnamon

Toasted Sesame Seed-Crusted Lamb Meatballs:
1 lb. lean ground lamb
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 tsp. Ground Allspice
1 tsp. Ground Coriander
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 tsp. Mint Flakes
1 tsp. Sicilian Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Black Peppercorns, coarsely ground
2 jars (1.62 oz. each) Toasted Sesame Seeds (about 2/3 cup)

For the Yogurt Sauce, mix all ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

For the Meatballs, mix lamb, onion, bread crumbs, egg and seasonings in large bowl. Shape into 36 (1-inch) meatballs. Roll in sesame seed to coat evenly. Place on foil-lined shallow baking pan.

Bake in preheated 400°F oven 15 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Yogurt Sauce.

Pork Skewers with Feta-Mint Tzatziki
Serves 6

8 to 10 8-inch wooden skewers, soaked
2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips or cubes
2 whole oranges, cut into wedges for the skewers
3 whole lemons, cut into wedges for the skewers

Marinade
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

6 pita rounds, sliced into two half-moon shapes
Iceberg or Romaine lettuce, shredded

Make the marinade by combining the olive oil, juices, chili flakes, chili powder, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours or overnight.

Soak skewers in a shallow pan of water for at least one hour.

Thread skewers with 3 or 4 pieces of marinated pork, alternating with small wedges of lemons and oranges. Place skewers on an area of the grill with no direct flame. Continue to brush marinade during grilling, until meat is browned, about 8 to 10 minutes or to desired doneness.
Serve immediately in pita pockets topped with shredded salad and tzatziki.

Feta-Mint Tzatziki
Makes 1 1/2 cups Not all feta tastes the same. Try this with Greek feta or an American artisanal feta and see how different the final result tastes. Mint adds a cool flavor and nice flecks of color to this version of a Greek classic.

1 cup plain yogurt, strained (see note below)
2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons good olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons finely chopped mint
1 cucumber, peeled

In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the cucumber. Using an old-fashioned box grater, grate the cucumber directly over the yogurt mixture. Cover the bowl, put it in the refrigerator, and chill for at least an hour or overnight.

Pastitsio
24 servings

1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
3/4 cup tomato puree
1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
1/2 cup water
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground, plus more, for seasoning
1 1/2 pound Bucatini Pasta (or uncut macaroni)
2 tablespoons butter, plus 1/2 pound
3 eggs, separated
2 1/2 cups kefalotyri or kasseri, grated
2 quarts milk
1/2 pound flour
Nutmeg

Brown beef in a pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft. Deglaze with the red wine and reduce to 2 tablespoons. In a small bowl, mix together tomato puree and crushed tomatoes to make a sauce. Add to the onions and garlic, and then add the water. Season with salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Simmer for 10 minutes. Cook macaroni in salted water: drain. Return to pan. Add butter, egg whites and 1/2 cup of cheese, mix well. Heat up milk on medium high until it comes to a simmer. In a separate pan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour until well blended. Whisk in warm milk. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook until fairly thick. Season with salt and nutmeg, to taste. Temper in the egg yolks. Add 1 cup of cheese. In a buttered 13 by 9-inch baking dish, layer macaroni mixture and meat sauce, cover with white sauce and sprinkle with remaining grated cheese on top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven to rack and let stand for 15 minutes. Cut into squares.

Roasted Pepper and Chickpea Soup
Serves 4 to 6

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
4 cups homemade or store-bought chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1 8-ounce jar roasted peppers, cut into thin strips, or 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and seeded The red pepper strips in a jar work well, so don't spend time roasting peppers if you don't have to.
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4-8 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)

Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and saute, stirring constantly until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes to soften and bring out the fragrance. Add the chickpeas and rosemary, mixing well.
Pour in the stock, add the bay leaf, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
In a food processor or a blender, puree the contents of the jar of red bell pepper strips (or your own roasted red peppers). Add the red pepper puree to the soup and simmer for about one hour. Remove the bay leaf and add the salt and pepper before serving, and top with a sprinkle of parsley, if desired.

ht_Fisherman_Stew_100310_mn.jpg

Greek Fishermen's Stew with Garlic Crostini
Servings: 4

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large yellow onion, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 tbs chopped fresh marjoram (or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram)
1 tbs chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
2 cups seafood/fish stock or bottled clam broth or cold water
1-1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, clams or mussels (deveined, shelled and cleaned)
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 thick slices rustic bread toasted rubbed with garlic and olive oil

Pour the olive oil into a large saucepan or pot set over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, cook the onion slices until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic, saute for 2 to 3 minutes more, and then pour in the wine. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes and herbs.

Pour in the fish stock or water and then add the clams and mussels (if using). As soon as the clams and mussel shells open, add the shrimp and simmer just until shrimp are pink. (If you're not adding clams or mussels, you can add shrimp right after you've added the fish stock.)

Season with salt and pepper and serve hot. If you like, add a toasted slice of a thick, hearty rustic bread beside each serving.

Buy mussels the day you plan to use them. About one hour before cooking, scrub mussels with a brush (no soap!) under cold running water to get rid of grit and pull off the fringed byssus (also called a beard) or scrape it off with a knife. Keep them in a bowl of ice water until they go into the pan. The mussel shells will open during cooking. If any mussel doesn't open, toss it.

Note: Chef Dee Foundoukis and Chef George Paterakis, Walt Disney World chefs from Kouzzina by Cat Cora on Disney’s BoardWalk went to the White House kitchen, along with celebrity chef Cat Cora to cook for Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou (in Washington to meet with the President). Among the dishes served was Fishermen’s Stew – the very same stew that you can taste at Kouzzina by Cat Cora. The popular restaurant showcases many of Cora’s Greek family recipes, including the stew, a savory bowl of scallops, lobster, shrimp and clams dressed with ouzo butter.

Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardwalk, WDW
Servings: 4-6

3 pounds Brussels sprouts
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (grated), for garnish

Prepare the brussel sprouts by peeling off the tired outside leaves and cutting off the stem. Mark the core where the stem was with an X using a paring knife. Cut the sprouts in half.
In a 4 quart sauce pan bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Season with 1 tablespoon of salt. Blanch the sprouts for 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
In a 10 inch sauté pan, brown the butter and add in the sprouts. Cook on medium high heat, rolling the sprouts in the pan, until the sprouts are caramelized, about 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat, and add the capers and lemon juice. Sprinkle with cheese.

Chocolate Budino
Makes 12 small cakes or one 9-inch round cake

Budino means "pudding" in Italian, but these are more like little molten cakes, moist and almost gooey in the middle if served warm from the oven. Cat likes to serve each budino with a scoop of homemade Banana Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream -- but it's also great with crème anglaise and fresh raspberries or strawberries. She uses Callebaut or El Rey chocolate for this dessert, but any premium chocolate will work.

1/2 pound high-quality bittersweet chocolate, (Callebaut or El Rey)
3 large eggs, plus 3 large yolks
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Grease or spray two 12-cup muffin tins with vegetable or canola oil. (You can also use just one tin and bake the batter in two batches.) Wipe out excess oil with a paper towel. Set the tin aside.
Grate chocolate or chop it into small shards with a chef's knife or a serrated knife. (It's easiest if you begin at a corner, particularly if the chocolate is very thick. Take it slowly and keep your fingers safe.) Place the chopped chocolate in a large bowl and set the bowl over a saucepan of hot water over very low heat. Allow the chocolate to melt slowly, stirring occasionally.
In a separate bowl, gently whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and flour. Mix until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
When the chocolate is smooth, remove the bowl from hot water and add the softened butter. Mix until the mixture is again smooth and the butter is completely incorporated. Add the sugar and egg mixture mixing well.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup three-quarters full. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes. The edges will have just begun to pull away from the pan, and the top of each budino should still look moist and shiny at the center. Remove tins from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. While the tins are still warm, place a baking sheet over the top of each muffin tin and invert it. Carefully lift the muffin tin to release cakes. Transfer the cakes to a serving platter or individual dessert plates. They're at their best if served warm, but are also delicious at room temperature.

Chocolate Kourabiedes (Greek Butter Cookies)

2 1/2 cups (5 sticks) unsalted butter (defoamed/dewatered, cooled)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 jigger brandy, cognac, or whiskey
2 tablespoons lemon or orange juice
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely ground
~6 cups flour
2 pounds cocoa powder
paper cups

Beat butter until light and fluffy (at least 30 minutes); add sugar, beat well; add egg yolks, beat well; add vanilla, cognac, lemon juice/soda, beat well; add walnuts; add flour until dough is medium tight (not soft, not stiff; do not over knead flour). Pinch off a 1-and-a-1/2 inch piece of dough and form into desired shape (crescent, triangle, round, star); dimple top. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon or ground clove. Layer cookies on bed of cocoa powder top and bottom, let cool and set for at least 30 minutes (can store in sugar in air tight container for days). Place each cookie in a paper cup and sprinkle again with cocoa if necessary. Can double recipe. Yield varies with size. Hint: Save powdered sugar in plastic bag, use with butter for the next batch.

Peanutters Cookies
Makes 3 dozen

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter (very softened)
1/4 cup peanut butter (salted/crunchy preferred)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (mixture of milk and semi-sweet)
1 cup salted cocktail peanuts, roughly chopped

Preheat oven at 350 F. Grease baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Beat butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in large mixing bowl until creamy.Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped peanuts. Bake for 11-12 minutes, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!

A Sweet Ending to Your Celebration . . . Baklava
Makes 64 individual pieces.

Syrup:
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1/8 cup honey
1 (1/8-inch) slice lemon
1 (2-inch) stick cinnamon
2 whole cloves

1 pound blanched almonds, coarsely ground
1 pound walnuts, coarsely ground
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves, ground
4 sheets phyllo dough
1 1/4 pounds unsalted butter, melted

Combine all of the syrup ingredients in a 2-quart stainless saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat. Take the saucepan off the heat, remove the lemon and spices, and allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place the almonds in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and using the pulse method process them until they are coarsely ground. (Be careful not to over process, which would cause the nuts to become oily and make a paste.) Remove the ground almonds from the processor, place in a bowl, and set aside. Place the walnuts in the processor and repeat the grinding process.
In a saucepan, melt the butter slowly on very low heat. Meanwhile, thoroughly combine the ground almonds and walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a bowl. Take 4 sheets of phyllo dough and brush each sheet with melted butter, layering the sheets as you go. Once the 4 sheets are pressed together, sprinkle 1 cup of the nut mixture over the top sheet and roll, lengthwise, until you reach the end. Keep the roll as tight as possible without breaking. It should look like a long cylinder.
Cut the roll into 2-inch pieces, and dip each into the melted butter and then place on a baking sheet. Place into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. When done remove from the oven and with a pair of tongs remove each piece from the pan, dip in the syrup and place on a cake rack to drain. Serve in small cup cake cups on a platter.

Galaktoboureko (Milk Pie)
Yield: 18 servings

4 cups milk
1/2 cup fine semolina
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup unsalted butter
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound thick, commercial phyllo dough
2/3 cup clarified butter, to brush dough
3 cups water
2 cups sugar
1/2 lemon

In a heavy pot, bring the milk to a boil. Sprinkle in the semolina, whisking constantly over very low heat. Add the sugar, then simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring from time to time. Remove from the heat and add the butter and the eggs, 1 by 1, stirring. Blend in the vanilla. The mixture will be thick but pourable, like a sauce.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Butter a deep 10-inch baking pan. In the bottom of the pan, layer 8 sheets of phyllo, leaving the edges hanging over the sides of the pan. Brush each sheet generously with clarified butter. Pour the milk mixture over the phyllo layers.
Cut the remaining sheets of phyllo about the size of the pan and brush each sheet with clarified butter. Place the buttered sheets on top of the filling, then brush the hanging bottom sheets with clarified butter and roll them up to seal.
With a very sharp knife, score the top diagonally in 2 directions to make diamond-shaped slits on the surface. (This makes it easier to cut later, and also allows the syrup to penetrate the pie.) Sprinkle with a little water and bake about 1 hour, or until top is light brown and filling has set.
The minute you start baking the pie, begin to make the syrup. Simmer the water with sugar and the 1/2 of lemon for about 1 hour. Remove the lemon half and squeeze the juice into the syrup. Discard the lemon. Pour the syrup over the pie the minute you take it out of the oven. Be careful, syrup will bubble vigorously and can burn you.
Let cool, and serve, cutting pieces along the slits that you made before baking the pie.

PX00004_91-300x168.jpg

Caribbean Nachos
PLanet Hollywood, Downtown Disney (1997)
Yield: 8 servings

8 ounces bottled remoulade sauce
1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk spice
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
2 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
16 round tortilla chips
8 ounces grated sharp Cheddar cheese

1. To make the nacho filling, melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the crab meat, chives, Jerk spice blend, lime juice, salt and fresh garlic. Saute all the ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the Parmesan cheese to the mixture.
2. Heat oven to 375 F.
3. Place 1/2 ounce of remoulade sauce on one nacho chip. On top of that add 1 ounce of the nacho filling. Then top off with 1/2 ounce of cheese.
4. Place chips on a baking pan and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and ingredients are throughly heated. Remove from oven and place on a platter to serve.

Recipe note: This dish can be served with guacamole, sour cream or salsa as side items.

pbt598999SMALL.jpg

Chocolate Espresso Torte
The Turf Club at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
Makes one 9-inch torte

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened, plus additional softened butter for greasing pan
3/4 cup sugar, plus additional sugar for dusting pan
12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
5 eggs at room temperature, beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup prepared espresso

Chocolate Ganache:
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 stick softened butter
Vanilla ice cream, optional

For Torte:
Preheat oven to 300º with oven rack in middle position. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan in plastic wrap, then wrap tightly with a layer of heavy-duty foil. Generously butter pan. Dust pan with sugar, tapping out excess. Place prepared pan in a roasting pan; set aside.

Combine 3/4 cup sugar and prepared espresso in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

Place chocolate in a large bowl set over a large saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Stir occasionally until just melted. Add butter by the tablespoonful, stirring until combined. Stir in espresso syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside to cool slightly, 4 to 5 minutes. Gently stir in eggs until combined.

Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Pour boiling-hot water into roasting pan until it reaches three-quarters of the way up the of springform pan. Bake until center of torte is almost set, but still wobbles just slightly, about 45 to 50 minutes.

Transfer torte to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight.

For Ganache:
Place chocolate in a medium bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Stir occasionally until melted. Set aside to cool slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add butter by the tablespoonful, stirring until combined and glossy. Use immediately.

To Serve:
Run a thin knife along edge of chilled torte, and remove springform pan ring. Set torte on a wire rack set over a sheet pan. Pour ganache over torte, a bit at a time, spreading with a rubber or offset spatula to cover top. Allow excess to drip down sides, if desired. Place torte on a platter or sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate until set, approximately 2 hours. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.

For Miniature Heart-Shaped Tortes:
Cut individual tortes from large torte using a heart-shaped cutter. Carefully dip each heart into ganache using two forks, letting excess drip off. Set hearts on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, and refrigerate until set, approximately 2 hours. Serve with a scoop of vanilla-port wine ice cream, if desired.

looking for a recipe for the cocunut shrimp curry soup-it's an appetizer at Kona Cafe.:thumbsup2

Shrimp and Coconut Curry Soup
Kona Cafe, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Yield: 6 Servings

Soup
1 ½ Sticks Margarine
1 Large White Onion; medium diced
4 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
4 13 ½ oz Cans of Coconut Milk
1 ½ C. All Purpose Flour
3 T. Mild Indian Curry Paste
1 ½ T. Red Thai Chili Paste
2t. Lobster-based Bouillon
1 lb. Peeled and De-veined Shrimp
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper

Garnish
8 oz. Sour Cream
Juice of ½ lemon
Chives
Unsweetened coconut flakes

1. Combine curry and chili pastes together
2. In a large bowl, coat the shrimp with 2 teaspoons of the paste mixture. Season with kosher salt.
3. Melt margarine in a medium sized stock pot.
4. Add the diced onion and “sweat” under moderate heat.
5. Add flour. Stir until onion and flour mixture forms a blond roux.
6. Add coconut milk, remaining curry and chili paste mixture, tomatoes, and the bouillon.
7. Whisk well to combine all ingredients allowing mixture to come to a simmer for ten minutes.
8. Add shrimp and continue to simmer till shrimp is solid and pink. Be careful not to overcook.
9. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.

To Prepare Garnish:
1. Combine lemon juice and sour cream in a small bowl
2. Chop chives finely
3. Toast coconut flakes until golden brown

Presentation:
1. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
2. Put one dollop of sour cream in the center of the bowl of soup.
3. Sprinkle soup with chives and coconut flakes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter