*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Well today was ADR day. I was nervous I wouldn't get the popular ADRs after reading how hard it's been to get December ADRs. I got up at 2:45 so I could be online at exactly 3 am (6 ET)
And.... I got everything I wanted! Including Sci-fi, Cali Grill brunch, BOG, Ohana, Tuskerhouse PPO, Akershus PPO breakfast and Storybook. Plus more.
I'm guessing that the 8 am breakfasts will be PPO since the official hours haven't been released yet.

In fact I over booked so now I need to go back and cancel some. Apparently at 3 am I get a little overly excited.

I don't know if they finally released all the ADRs or what but it was so worth the loss of sleep.

I'm going to go through today and decide what to cancel so they'll be there for someone else. I'm just so excited I wanted to share with people who would get it, lol.

Well today was ADR day. I was nervous I wouldn't get the popular ADRs after reading how hard it's been to get December ADRs. I got up at 2:45 so I could be online at exactly 3 am (6 ET)
And.... I got everything I wanted! Including Sci-fi, Cali Grill brunch, BOG, Ohana, Tuskerhouse PPO, Akershus PPO breakfast and Storybook. Plus more.
I'm guessing that the 8 am breakfasts will be PPO since the official hours haven't been released yet.

In fact I over booked so now I need to go back and cancel some. Apparently at 3 am I get a little overly excited.

I don't know if they finally released all the ADRs or what but it was so worth the loss of sleep.

I'm going to go through today and decide what to cancel so they'll be there for someone else. I'm just so excited I wanted to share with people who would get it, lol.
I did the same thing because we have a split stay and this morning was the 180 day mark for the second half of our stay. Sadly I did not get Cali Brunch or AP. I knew I wouldnt just because Cali Grill is exactly 180 out. I have touring plan reservation finder out there looking so I'm not totally bummed yet!

I did the same thing because we have a split stay and this morning was the 180 day mark for the second half of our stay. Sadly I did not get Cali Brunch or AP. I knew I wouldnt just because Cali Grill is exactly 180 out. I have touring plan reservation finder out there looking so I'm not totally bummed yet!
The only reason I was able to get Cali Grille was because we have 2 Sundays there. First I tried for the 15th and couldn't get it. Then I was able to get the 22nd.
I've had amazing luck with reservation finder. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

The only reason I was able to get Cali Grille was because we have 2 Sundays there. First I tried for the 15th and couldn't get it. Then I was able to get the 22nd.
I've had amazing luck with reservation finder. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
You are right. I will plan to go over two sundays in the future! I can’t complain...we got a ADR for CRT and that was my priority. I just wish split stay people could book ADRs for the entire stay. I feel it puts those of us who like to split up staying at deluxe and mod/values at a complete disadvantage. I’m happy you got in, though. We did it last May and now we know what fun it is!!!

You are right. I will plan to go over two sundays in the future! I can’t complain...we got a ADR for CRT and that was my priority. I just wish split stay people could book ADRs for the entire stay. I feel it puts those of us who like to split up staying at deluxe and mod/values at a complete disadvantage. I’m happy you got in, though. We did it last May and now we know what fun it is!!!
I agree, I wish they would let people book ADR's for the length of their stays from the first night of their split stay. So many people book the resort 6-9 months out but can't get airfare until months later. Or schedule time off work. Or for many other reasons, they add days on to the trip but can't get the same resort. Or want to try multiple resorts.
Maybe someday, Disney will understand.

I pulled up Boathouse so I can book our ADR in the morning (off site so I am up at 4:45 central every morning to book a new one). Just for funsies I pulled it up tonight, and it's only showing up until December 11th right now. If I can book for December 14th tomorrow...shouldn't it show December 13th today??

🍕
I pulled up Boathouse so I can book our ADR in the morning (off site so I am up at 4:45 central every morning to book a new one). Just for funsies I pulled it up tonight, and it's only showing up until December 11th right now. If I can book for December 14th tomorrow...shouldn't it show December 13th today??
Not if others have already booked it up entirely. I had trouble finding that one too. Boathouse was the only ADR I was really interested in making. Eventually found one by changing our ADR from 3 to 5 and looking at dinner.

That's worrisome. The dates 12/13 are still grayed out completely. Does that mean they're fully booked up already? I mean if I can't get it tomorrow I'll put in a request for reservation finder and hope but EEESH. That's our arrival day, so not much wiggle room.

I had to book it for 5, even though there are 4 of us, but I got one for 5pm. I'm going keep trying to get our preferred 6pm time slot, but if this is the best I get, it's better than the 9:45 it offered me right at 5am :sad2:

Was online for ADRs at 6am today. Got everything for the dates and times I wanted with the exception of Garden Grill. I think they’re just holding a bunch of reservations until they release CP packages. I have a bunch of reservation finders set up.

I’ll tweak until we arrive - and after - but I was thrilled with the results. Took about 20ish minutes.

Was online for ADRs at 6am today. Got everything for the dates and times I wanted with the exception of Garden Grill. I think they’re just holding a bunch of reservations until they release CP packages. I have a bunch of reservation finders set up.

I’ll tweak until we arrive - and after - but I was thrilled with the results. Took about 20ish minutes.

Do you use touring plans? I know you can only do 2 reservation finders on there. I have a paid subscription, so I was hoping I could do more, but it doesn't look like it.

Do you use touring plans? I know you can only do 2 reservation finders on there. I have a paid subscription, so I was hoping I could do more, but it doesn't look like it.

Yes, I do Touring Plans and Mouse Dining (allows 6 IIRC). And here's my tip. I set up unique, priority text tones for each of them. That way I'm on it regardless of the time of day. For some reason these seem to hit in the dead of night and I kept sleeping through my alerts. Not anymore!

I find the most infuriating part of planning a trip to be figuring out the Dining reservations. Disney thinks they've created a great tool by which their locations all fill up, but what they've instead created is a massive headache and bent plans on the guest's side. Seriously, for a company who 3 weeks out yanks ToTWL access away from folks who have planning for 11+ months out on it, how do they expect us to know where we will want to be and what sort of food the family will want 6 months out?

At the rate Disney's going, they'd be best to have us fill out a survey of what we do/don't want to experience and they can set up our entire trip for us.

Yes, I do Touring Plans and Mouse Dining (allows 6 IIRC). And here's my tip. I set up unique, priority text tones for each of them. That way I'm on it regardless of the time of day. For some reason these seem to hit in the dead of night and I kept sleeping through my alerts. Not anymore!

How do you know what number they will be texting from?

How do you know what number they will be texting from?

I knew as I'd missed the first couple. TP Res finder was 589-88 and Mouse Dining finder was 404-328-7196 as of last December. No alerts received yet for 2019.

I guess you could be sure by setting up an easy to get search for something within a few months. That should pop up and you could confirm the number and play with the settings on your alerts that way.

Joining along (probably)!! I just made reservations for December! We’re deciding between Nov. and Dec. but leaning heavily towards December! We’ve never seen EPCOT during festival of holidays so we’re excited for that, as well as candlelight! We’ll probably skip MVMCP because I’ve been the past 2 years but I’m super tempted to go so I can see the new firework show.
We’re staying at CSR this trip! I’ve never stayed there before and have only passed through on the magical express, so I’m really excited to stay there and explore a different resort! It’s been on my bucket list of resorts for a while! I’m a little nervous about the bus system but have read decent things.
I was late booking the resort so I don’t have the ADR’s I was hoping for, but a couple of popped up already! I have Ohana breakfast and Crystal Palace breakfast (a new one for us). I’m probably going to book a candlelight lunch too! We’re most likely going to take it easy and eat mostly quick service this trip.

We've had to change our December plans. We are adding my Sister in Law and her family to the trip. They have 3 kids, age 12, 10 and 2. They wanted to join us at AKL but we can't get a room with DVC so we've decided that we are all going to stay at POFQ and we're checking in a day early. So our new dates are 12/19 through 12/27. We are going to do the Christmas party on the 22nd. The last night of the party. They have never been to WDW at all. We have prepared them for extremely large crowds. It's going to be a lot of fun! Can't wait.

Today was ADR day for us. I got most of what we wanted. No luck on Garden Grill for the day we had wanted. We didn’t make very made ADR’s as we prefer quick serve with a young child. I am sure I will change plans around plenty before we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!