*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

We were there last year during Christmas week and the weather was beautiful-warm enough to swim in the day most days, and a little chilly morning and night. We were good with heavy sweatshirts. We are going the same time this year and will wear long sleeves under T shirts and heavy hoodies again and hopefully that will be warm enough.

What app or website do y'all use for long-range weather forecasts? I arrive 2 weeks from tomorrow and am ready to start stalking the weather predictions....! :flower1:
I use accuweather... I'm going to have to spend my weekend figuring out which layers to pack though...looks like 30º swings next week 😬

2 more days! (My son just left for the airport 2 hours back) It's supposed to get very warm by Monday, with the heat lasting into Wednesday. Everyone will be hitting up the pools!

I'm happy but a little bummed out at the same time about the heat - the weather was too hot to function when I was last there (average of 87 with 80+% humidity). I was hoping for around 75 / low humidity.

IMPORTANT INFO - Fort Wilderness Holiday Sleigh Rides

if you have a sleigh ride booked, please be aware that they are now starting at Meadows Trading Post. We scheduled ours for right after Hoop Dee Doo Revue because they always started right outside Pioneer Hall. We had to take a bus to get to Meadows Trading Post and our ride was cut short. IfI had known this, I would have scheduled a later time. Our sleigh ride was nice but very short. The driver told us this has been an issue for many people.
they are honoring all existing reservations but not taking new ones. They will accept walk-ups but only if they have availability and there is no way to find out beforehand if there is availability. Hope this helps

Reactions: KSL

if you have a sleigh ride booked, please be aware that they are now starting at Meadows Trading Post. We scheduled ours for right after Hoop Dee Doo Revue because they always started right outside Pioneer Hall. We had to take a bus to get to Meadows Trading Post and our ride was cut short. IfI had known this, I would have scheduled a later time. Our sleigh ride was nice but very short. The driver told us this has been an issue for many people.
they are honoring all existing reservations but not taking new ones. They will accept walk-ups but only if they have availability and there is no way to find out beforehand if there is availability. Hope this helps
thank you this is helpful! I have a reservation for Dec. 26 and wasn't sure if they would still be operating. I will have to look at a map to see the new pick up location and if this works for us. Thanks so much for the heads up!

Also forgot to add that the Minnie Vans cannot pickup and drop off at Meadows Trading post. They have to drop off at Pioneer Hall or a campsite. It took us 40 minutes just to secure a Minnie Van, waited 15 minutes for him to get there and then being told via Text that he couldn’t pick us up where we were at. We just walked over to a campsite and had him pick us up there but he told us he really isn’t supposed to do that. We needed to go back to Pioneer Hall to be picked up. It took almost 90 minutes to get back to our resort after our sleigh ride. So just be prepared.

We have a holiday sleigh ride booked for 8pm and I hope we can make all the necessary transportation transitions in time! Based on your experience (@MIAMousketeer or anyone else who cares to chime in!), do you think this will work:
4:40 - Check in for BoG ADR (4:55)
6:00 - Leave BoG & exit MK (I'm hoping we might actually be done earlier, but just in case am leaving a wide window of time here)
6:30 - Board boat to FW
7:00 - Arrive FW Campgrounds & proceed to Pioneer Hall area for internal bus
7:15 - Board internal bus to Meadows area for carriage ride
7:45 - Arrive Meadows area and check in for carriage ride (scheduled for 8:00)
All times approximate, of course. Basically: do I have time to eat dinner at 5:00 inside MK and then get to where we need to be in time for an 8:00 carriage ride? Compounding difficulty is that my mom will be using a scooter, so we will plan to leave that at Pioneer Hall for taking the internal bus over (she can do a few steps onto the bus and can walk short distances).

We have a holiday sleigh ride booked for 8pm and I hope we can make all the necessary transportation transitions in time! Based on your experience (@MIAMousketeer or anyone else who cares to chime in!), do you think this will work:
4:40 - Check in for BoG ADR (4:55)
6:00 - Leave BoG & exit MK (I'm hoping we might actually be done earlier, but just in case am leaving a wide window of time here)
6:30 - Board boat to FW
7:00 - Arrive FW Campgrounds & proceed to Pioneer Hall area for internal bus
7:15 - Board internal bus to Meadows area for carriage ride
7:45 - Arrive Meadows area and check in for carriage ride (scheduled for 8:00)
All times approximate, of course. Basically: do I have time to eat dinner at 5:00 inside MK and then get to where we need to be in time for an 8:00 carriage ride? Compounding difficulty is that my mom will be using a scooter, so we will plan to leave that at Pioneer Hall for taking the internal bus over (she can do a few steps onto the bus and can walk short distances).
My only experience with BOG is that you need to allot at least 2 hours. You don’t get seated right away, service is slow and there’s a line to see the Beast. We spent almost 2.5 hours there despite asking them to bring each course quickly.

My only experience with BOG is that you need to allot at least 2 hours. You don’t get seated right away, service is slow and there’s a line to see the Beast. We spent almost 2.5 hours there despite asking them to bring each course quickly.

Ok, right, hmmm. Maybe I'll see if we can check in even earlier and we'll be able to skip meeting Beast at the end if we're running short on time (have seen him before). Hopefully it all works out but good to be reminded that BoG is a lengthy meal....

I'm really bummed about the rain in the forecast for Friday and Saturday! It's calling for rain all day both days. I hope that it changes by then!

I'm ok with a little rain. I just hope it's not ALL day, which is what it's saying right now. We're only going to be there for 3 days, so rain on 2 of them stinks.

I am with you! The bright side is that rain forecast for the weekend might keep the weekend crowds down, but who knows?

My very first trip to Disney was during the month of September. I vividly remember me freaking out because I saw a 90% chance of rain every day right before we left. It only rained once the entire time, and we weren't even in the parks when it rained. I hope things change for the better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!