*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Can finally say we are leaving tomorrow. The usually quiet drive to my daughter's school was live with conversation about our upcoming trip. Instead of taking her usual power nap, she talked to her brother about the plans and asked me what she needed to do after school today. She decided to wear her travel clothes to school tomorrow instead of changing when she gets home; so I'll be able to load the car before she gets home. My son doesn't pick his travel clothes. He did though request to wear a long sleeved shirt instead of taking a jacket.

I have to give him credit. This is the first trip he has known about in advance. When he was 4, I told both children the day before. The last two years (ages 7 and 8), he got the "we're leaving for the airport now" type of surprise. We've been planning since the beginning of the year. He's done a good job waiting. And he would be the first one to tell you waiting is not his thing. We have been working on it and waiting for this trip has been a big test.

Checked a couple more things off the list yesterday. Picked up some OTC meds for any possible tummy trouble. Also withdrew some travel cash from the bank and filled the car with gas. My mom has added what she wants to our Instacart order; so I will be finalizing that coming up. I'm glad it's here. I am definitely ready for a break.

So many magical moments during your trip! Your dad’s story is pretty amazing. ❤ Thank you for sharing it with us.

How long was your wait for SDD at rope drop?

Thank you. And as for Slinky I don't recall the exact time, the line did keep moving and I'd have to guess an hour at the most from where we were?? I truly don't remember. We did get in line quite a ways back as we weren't very fast moving with getting there later then planned - I think we got there right about 9 or slightly before instead of earlier like planned.

OMG. I am seriously slacking. We leave on Saturday and not one article of clothing has been packed for the 6 of us. :scared:

I need to get on the ball. It hasn't helped that DS has had some tummy troubles and its stressing us all out!!!
Uh, oh! If you're slacking and you don't leave until Sat., I hate to think what I'm doing. I haven't started, and I leave at 2:30 am on Thursday. Good thing I'm doing laundry now, right? LOL

My oldest son and I just had a meeting with the principal to make sure ds is on track to graduate this year. Of course he is. I stopped and topped off the gas tank for the trip to the airport. I've got some laundry going to make sure everything I need is clean. I'm still trying to decide how many changes of clothes I need since I'm planning to do laundry mid-way through.

I'm so used to planning for the whole family that it feels weird to not have to board the dogs or ask the neighbors to check on things while we're gone.

I just want to be there!

Just finishing up with work for the day. Only two work days left!! I should be getting work done butttttt that probably won't happen!! Question about the free water at QS. Can we just walk up to the pickup counter and ask for ice water? Or do we need to wait in line to get it? I'm thinking of places like Cosmic Rays/Pinnochio's/etc.
Since you technically order from a cashier then go pick up the food in most QS locations I dont think it would rude to just go right up to the counter and ask for some ice water. Its not like you are cutting the line and getting your food order made ahead of someone else. Just my opinion though.

No you don't have to stand in line. Just go over to the side where you pick up food and tell them you need water. We never had to wait in line just for water on the trip we just got back from. In fact some of the places already have cups of water made up ready to hand you.

Got in late last night with the kids. I was trying out these all natural sickness patches, yeah.... I was ill half the ride. We had turbulence early on and combined with whoever was wearing a crap ton of cologne made me feel sick. I had to take 3 Dramamine to try and overcome it. We’re at Storey Lake resort community. I will post a review of the resort community later on the review thread. I just get on the scale first without my luggage then get off and back on with the luggage then do the math. We are heading to MK later today if DS5 stops being a brat.

OMG. I am seriously slacking. We leave on Saturday and not one article of clothing has been packed for the 6 of us. :scared:

I need to get on the ball. It hasn't helped that DS has had some tummy troubles and its stressing us all out!!!

My DH always waits until the last minute. Thankfully, he did not this year as he won Red Sox box seat tickets for the night before we leave and we just found out we have a burial ceremony to attend the same week (on an island). You never know what can come up at the last minute.

Sitting here counting down the last few minutes until I can check in for our flight. When they say 24 hours, they mean it. Tried 5 minutes early.

Finalized our Instacart order and set the time and got my daughter a blood test her pediatrician ordered. She was thinking of postponing it; but changed her mind. I'm really glad for her that it's out of the way.

Sitting here counting down the last few minutes until I can check in for our flight. When they say 24 hours, they mean it. Tried 5 minutes early.

Finalized our Instacart order and set the time and got my daughter a blood test her pediatrician ordered. She was thinking of postponing it; but changed her mind. I'm really glad for her that it's out of the way.
How early can you place your instacart order? Last May I ordered Amazon Prime Now, I think. Is Instacart better?

Well, we are checked in for our flight. We are flying Southwest. Got B1-B4. Didn't buy early bird check in. I only get it for our return flight because like most we are usually in a park 24 hours before our return so don't want to bother.

Got one other item out of the way. My son is with a new soccer club this year and we ordered his gear in July. I got an email and of course it is a delivery update and the package is scheduled to arrive while we are gone. I have UPS my choice so I redirected it to a nearby UPS store so I can pick it up after we get back.

I think my daughter has tried to get out of going to school tomorrow about 3 or 4 times now. :lmao:I told her it would be better if she was occupied. Plus that's one less day of work she has to make up. She also got a schedule change so she's going to a new class for the first time tomorrow and will need to inform that teacher. Since then she's given up on that and been walking around the house doing her Annie impression which is far more entertaining.

425531"Tomorrow! Tomorrow! We love you....Tomorrow! You're only a daaaaaaayyyyyy aaaaaaaaa....waaaaaaaayyyyy!"

How early can you place your instacart order? Last May I ordered Amazon Prime Now, I think. Is Instacart better?

When I went to set the date, there were several dates showing for me to choose from. Today's date was there as well as tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Usually I don't order more than a day in advance with Instacart. I like both and have used both at Disney and at home. I have also used Instacart at Myrtle Beach as Amazon Prime doesn't deliver there. Honestly which one I use depends on what I am after. For each trip I look at the ones I use (Instacart, Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now) and pick the one that has the most items of the ones I want. This time it was Instacart.

Garden Grocer I tend to use if I need a lot like if we are staying 10 days because you have to order quite a bit to avoid the delivery fee which is different than the tip. I have a membership with Instacart (as I do with Amazon Prime) which takes care of that delivery fee at a certain amount and it isn't that much. Another thing was too though is my mom is coming with us; but doesn't live with us. I could make it a group shopping cart and add my mom on so she could go in and add items she wanted to the shopping list. I don't think that is an option with Prime because she doesn't have Amazon Prime. Hope that helps.

When I went to set the date, there were several dates showing for me to choose from. Today's date was there as well as tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Usually I don't order more than a day in advance with Instacart. I like both and have used both at Disney and at home. I have also used Instacart at Myrtle Beach as Amazon Prime doesn't deliver there. Honestly which one I use depends on what I am after. For each trip I look at the ones I use (Instacart, Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now) and pick the one that has the most items of the ones I want. This time it was Instacart.

Garden Grocer I tend to use if I need a lot like if we are staying 10 days because you have to order quite a bit to avoid the delivery fee which is different than the tip. I have a membership with Instacart (as I do with Amazon Prime) which takes care of that delivery fee at a certain amount and it isn't that much. Another thing was too though is my mom is coming with us; but doesn't live with us. I could make it a group shopping cart and add my mom on so she could go in and add items she wanted to the shopping list. I don't think that is an option with Prime because she doesn't have Amazon Prime. Hope that helps.

It helped me! I didn't know there was a membership with Instacart. We have Amazon Prime.

Yes, thank you! We do have Amazon Prime but I will check out Instacart

Can finally say we are leaving tomorrow. The usually quiet drive to my daughter's school was live with conversation about our upcoming trip. Instead of taking her usual power nap, she talked to her brother about the plans and asked me what she needed to do after school today. She decided to wear her travel clothes to school tomorrow instead of changing when she gets home; so I'll be able to load the car before she gets home. My son doesn't pick his travel clothes. He did though request to wear a long sleeved shirt instead of taking a jacket.

I have to give him credit. This is the first trip he has known about in advance. When he was 4, I told both children the day before. The last two years (ages 7 and 8), he got the "we're leaving for the airport now" type of surprise. We've been planning since the beginning of the year. He's done a good job waiting. And he would be the first one to tell you waiting is not his thing. We have been working on it and waiting for this trip has been a big test.

Checked a couple more things off the list yesterday. Picked up some OTC meds for any possible tummy trouble. Also withdrew some travel cash from the bank and filled the car with gas. My mom has added what she wants to our Instacart order; so I will be finalizing that coming up. I'm glad it's here. I am definitely ready for a break.

Have a great time! As we are getting closer to our big day, the conversations at our house have also become very animated! :hyper2: It's fun, but pretty exhausting to prepare for a Disney trip, there's always one more thing to buy and pack!
I think we're ready for a little magic. pixiedust:

Made it in today @ Pop for a two week stay. I love the renovated rooms! The ample storage and Murphy bed is awesome.

Was very sad to see that my special Magicbands were "lost"... they cannot ship overseas, so they are usually waiting for us at the hotel. A lot of time was spent getting 4 bands that everyone would like... The Cast Members were very apologetic and offered us a voucher for any 4 Magicbands at the store! :)

So excited to finally start this vacation!

Will be at Port Orleans French Quarter on Friday! Solo trip and will be staying until Wednesday! Any DISER who is around or solo who wants to say Hi and grab a Dole Whip let me know. Wife and daughter sent me as a getaway after a BUSY summer of work! Wish they could join me, but I am going to enjoy a very relaxing time! I think they will have a relaxing STAYCATION without me lol! We will all be together in February @ Caribbean Beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter