*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I really think it's great that everyone has their all plotted out! I will be heading to FL from TX with my daughter and her family of six by car on the 15th and returning on the 27th. Since my daughter and SIL are planning this trip, I'm not sure when we will actually be at WDW, but it will be for three days! They are also planning on going to Seaworld, Legoland, Busch Gardens and going down to Santibel. WDW is the main thing I am wait for and not very patiently! LOL Last time I was there was in 1976 when I was 10, MK was still an only child and I remember we stayed off-site at a Howard Johnson. The only plotting I have done is where I want to go in MK and I hope I can get all 5 or 6 attractions done!

Well.... I love reading everyone’s schedule so here’s outs:

8/19 travel/EP
8/20 AK
8/21 EMM / MK
8/22 DHS + SW dessert party
8/23 MK + MK dessert party
8/24 rest/ Halloween party
8/25 EP
8/26 EMM at MK / AK
8/27 DHS
8/28 rest / Halloween party
8/29 AK
8/30 EP (F&W day 1!) / DAH MK
8/31 rest / Halloween party
9/1 travel

Our restaurants reservations:
Cinderella lunch, BOG dinner, Biergarten, Yak Yeti, Boma, Akherhouse, Tusker House, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Liberty tavern, SciFi, HVine, 50’s Prime, Ohana

Less than 4 weeks

Here is our plans as of right now.

7/31 Arrive at Pop in the evening and maybe some pool time.
8/1 Epcot/MK
8/2 check out of Pop and into AK. Pool day and them MK at night.
8/3 Epcot/AK and over to HS because it's open unti 12:30 A.M.
8/4 HS/Epcot for dinner and maybe MK after.
8/5 Pool day then off to AK and later will be attending the MK V.I.Pass-holder event
8/6 DD's Sweet 16! AK/MK
8/7 Driving back to Louisiana.

Of course between parks we will be taking a resort break every afternoon for pool and napping. Our TS this trip is The Plaza and Teppan Edo new to us and favorites Boma, Y&Y and Via Napoli. We will be there a week from today!

We just registered for the Aug 5th new V.I.Passholder event! So excited it just happens to fall on our stay. This is our first AP and we won't be renewing when it expires in Nov. Glad we got in on this perk!
I'm a bit upset I didn't get in-especially with the paid event closing MK at 10 on a saturday-it apparently was the first one to go. Mad enough to not want to give Disney any more money so probably won't do the tour at AK now and just hop over to Universal. Working on DH to want to go back Christmas week to see the holiday stuff at Universal. Debating on moving over there to a deluxe instead of AKL on the 7th...and just checked prices-Portofino Passholder rate is same price as the CM discount I've got at AKL...hmmm. Will have to think on this as my DW AP runs out the 6th anyway...

Magic Band arrived yesterday! Only 23 days to go. I can't believe it's getting so close. Here's a rough outline of my schedule:

Day 1, 8/16 - Travel and Magic Kingdom
Day 2, 8/17 - Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs
Day 3, 8/18 - Epcot
Day 4, 8/19 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5, 8/20 - No Park, Disney Springs
Day 6, 8/21 - Universal Studios
Day 7, 8/22 - Animal Kingdom
Day 8, 8/23 - All Four Parks
Day 9, 8/24 - Magic Kingdom
Day 10, 8/25 - Magic Kingdom and Travel
I love that you are doing all four parks - what is your itinerary for that like? Would love to try that one day!

What I really SHOULD do is do some back to school shopping because we only get back a few days before school starts.
I have already started school shopping because we are in the same boat. We will be back Saturday and school starts on Monday.
I have been school shopping for that reason - we get home Sunday and school starts Monday :crazy2:

Looks like there are quite a few of us at the MNSSHP on the 24th! My family will all be Moana themed - I think with a group of 7 pretty hard to miss :D

10 days to go! 2 until I’m in Florida!! Here’s the plan for Disney :
8/3 arrive and Disney Springs
8/4 AK then rest and on to DAH
8/5 MK
8/6 HS
8:7 blizzard beach
8/8 AK
8/9 Epcot, rest , H20 glow party
8/10 HS
8/11 Epcot rest then DAH
8/12 kids pick park then fly home in the evening

Then kids back to school 8/16 (ds) and 8/17 (Dd) and I start working 8/20

I love that you are doing all four parks - what is your itinerary for that like? Would love to try that one day!

Well, the general plan is to start at Epcot because it has morning EMH at 8am. I'm starting at Rope Drop with no FastPasses. I'll do what I can, then meet Belle at 11am and Mary Poppins at 12pm. Then take the boat to Hollywood Studios where I have FPs for TSM, ToT, and RnR. The latter two are some of my all time favorites, and my HS day is early in the trip. I always like to revisit later. After the last one, I head to Animal Kingdom. I currently have an ADR at Yak and Yeti, but I may cancel and just do quick service. I'm hoping for a fourth FP so I can get one ride in. (It's my goal to ride at least once in every park.) Lastly, I head to Magic Kingdom for at least one ride and Happily Ever After.

It's going to be a very long, tiring day, I'm sure. But I've always wanted to do it. We'll see how it goes. I've done three in one day before, but never all four. I'm staying at the Contemporary, so the monorail to Epcot in the morning and being able to walk back to the Contemporary that night help out. I have a Pre Trip Report, linked in my signature, and actually just posted about it today in more detail.

I'm also just now realizing with the monorail to Epcot, the boat to HS, and bus to Animal Kingdom, I'll be utilizing almost all Disney Transportation in the same day as well. Maybe I'll splurge on a Minnie Van to get to Magic Kingdom. I'm sure by the end of the day, I'll be exhausted, and a private ride will be in order. :)

It looks like a lot of us will be at MK on 8/19! :wave:

Here are our plans:

8/18 - late arrival at Grand Floridian
8/19 - MK (Crystal Palace breakfast)
8/20 - Epcot (Akershus breakfast, Via Napoli dinner)
8/21 - pool/Disney Springs day (Boma breakfast, Terralina Crafted Italian dinner)
8/22 - HS (Sci-Fi lunch, Fantasmic dessert viewing)
8/23 - AK (Yak & Yeti dinner)
8/24 - MK (The Plaza lunch, Trail’s End or Ohana for dinner. Trying to decide between the two!)
8/25 - 1900 Park Fare breakfast and travel home :sad:

We plan to rope drop and take mid-day breaks during the worst of the heat. We’re from San Antonio, so we know heat & humidity, but that doesn’t mean we like it :crazy2:

24 days to go!!

So jealous of all of you that are getting your magic bands or are about to leave. We're the very tail end of August so we still have a month to wait...

8/28: Crack of dawn flight, arrive at Pop, MK, early dinner at Ohana
8/29: AK, brunch at Tusker House
8/30: EP w/ EMH, Brunch at Akershus, FP at HS in the afternoon
8/31: MK w/ EMH, lunch at BoG, break, and dinner at Coral Reef
9/1: HS w/EMH, lunch at Sci-Fi
9/2: PPO at Garden Frill, EP in morning, MK in afternoon
9/3: early flight home
9/4: School starts!

We'll be rope-dropping most days and heading out early (my kids are of the early to bed, early to rise persuasion.) Plus if I don't give them some pool time, my daughter may lead a mutiny...

I have out of town visitors for the two weeks before we leave, so my plan is to have all my back to school prep done before they arrive in mid-August. I've already done a lot of my daughter's--her school does a school supply package, and they wear uniforms so the clothes part is easy. I already picked up her polo shirts and a couple skirts, just need to do a check to see how many more bottoms she needs. My son is still in daycare and is set for warm weather clothes, so I don't need to shop for him for another few months.

So jealous of all these great itineraries! I could really use some input on our plans or non-plans! Background Canadian DVC members, husband and wife with 3 boys ages 11,13 and 14. Lots of past trips to WDW including parks but our past few trips have been mostly resort trips as WDW has priced this family of five out of the parks! This trip was a last minute trip as we found some crazy cheap flights, plan was to do resorts only and water parks, our typical more recent trip pattern. We have to resort hop as DVC availability was limited and I wanted to cross VGF off my DVC list. I added on MNSHHP as a concession to not going into the parks. Here are our plans, the only booked item is MNSSHP and moving resorts several times.

August 14 - Poly
August 15 - BCV
August 16 - BCV
August 17 - BCV/ MNSSHP
August 18 - Homeless (hoping to snag a room at BCV or Kidani to eliminate another move)
August 19 - AKV-Kidani
August 20 - AKV- Kidani
August 21 - VGF
August 22 - VGF
August 23 - Head home

If you've read this far, thank you! Here is my dilemma... So I found a great deal for Sea World (we have never been to SW) $180/person for 3 park days incl dining, can use at Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. This seems like the best deal for something additional to keep us occupied plus the added bonus of dining for our three bottomless pits. Fast Forward to this morning when I realize that for $200/person we can do a WDW park and 2 days at Blizzard or Typhoon, our preferred water parks. We will have a rental car if that makes a difference. So wwyd?

So jealous of all these great itineraries! I could really use some input on our plans or non-plans! Background Canadian DVC members, husband and wife with 3 boys ages 11,13 and 14. Lots of past trips to WDW including parks but our past few trips have been mostly resort trips as WDW has priced this family of five out of the parks! This trip was a last minute trip as we found some crazy cheap flights, plan was to do resorts only and water parks, our typical more recent trip pattern. We have to resort hop as DVC availability was limited and I wanted to cross VGF off my DVC list. I added on MNSHHP as a concession to not going into the parks. Here are our plans, the only booked item is MNSSHP and moving resorts several times.

August 14 - Poly
August 15 - BCV
August 16 - BCV
August 17 - BCV/ MNSSHP
August 18 - Homeless (hoping to snag a room at BCV or Kidani to eliminate another move)
August 19 - AKV-Kidani
August 20 - AKV- Kidani
August 21 - VGF
August 22 - VGF
August 23 - Head home

If you've read this far, thank you! Here is my dilemma... So I found a great deal for Sea World (we have never been to SW) $180/person for 3 park days incl dining, can use at Sea World, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. This seems like the best deal for something additional to keep us occupied plus the added bonus of dining for our three bottomless pits. Fast Forward to this morning when I realize that for $200/person we can do a WDW park and 2 days at Blizzard or Typhoon, our preferred water parks. We will have a rental car if that makes a difference. So wwyd?

That is a hard call! Our family really enjoys Sea World. Since you have never been, I would say do that. You still get to go to a waterpark - Aquatica. Sounds like a good deal.

I am seeing a LOT of overlap with others here. Of note, I think a lot of people are going to be in Epcot on 8/18, and a fair few in MK on 8/19, plus some in MK on 8/28, or at MNSSHP that evening.

Magic Band arrived yesterday! Only 23 days to go. I can't believe it's getting so close. Here's a rough outline of my schedule:

Day 1, 8/16 - Travel and Magic Kingdom
Day 2, 8/17 - Magic Kingdom, Disney Springs
Day 3, 8/18 - Epcot
Day 4, 8/19 - Hollywood Studios
Day 5, 8/20 - No Park, Disney Springs
Day 6, 8/21 - Universal Studios
Day 7, 8/22 - Animal Kingdom
Day 8, 8/23 - All Four Parks
Day 9, 8/24 - Magic Kingdom
Day 10, 8/25 - Magic Kingdom and Travel

Epcot on the 18tth

I seem to be missing the party at every turn! Our schedule is:
8/17- arrival (around 4 so no park), dinner at resort and pool time
8/18- EPCOT
8/19- MK
8/20- Ohana breakfast/ pool time/ grandparents are taking the kiddos for dinner so date night at the Contemporary for me and DH
8/21- HS
8/22- MK
8/23- pool time/ Disney Springs (maybe)
8/24- AK
8/25- board the Tragical Express and head home

Epcot on the 18th, MK on the 19th

8/15 - late arrival AS Sports
8/16 - MK
8/17 - AK
8/18 - EP
8/19 - Resort/Relax
8/20 - EP
8/21 - HS
8/22 - AK
8/23 - MK
8/24 - Halloween Party
8/25 - Resort/Relax
8/26 - AK
8/27 - HS
8/28 - AK hop to MK --- late flight home

We rope drop most mornings and go back to swim. Evenings we hop where the kids want to go.

Epcot on the 18th, Epcot on the 20th, MK on the 23rd, AK on the 26th, and MK on the 28th plus the party. Looks like we will be following each other for two weeks lol.

It looks as though we have a few days the same!

8/19 - arrive BWV late in the evening, no park
8/20 - EP
8/21 - HS
8/22 - move to AKL, rest day
8/23 - MK
8/24 - AK
8/25 - rest day
8/26 - EP
8/27 - AK
8/28 - rest day and MNSSHP
8/29 - check out and HS day, move to MCO hotel
8/30 - fly home :sad:

Epcot on the 20th, MK on the 23rd, MNSSHP on the 28th

Finally posting our August plans:

8/11- Flight lands at 2:00 pm. Picking up rental, quick market run for supplies, check in @ SOG, unpack, pool time.
8/12- Meeting friends for breakfast in Celebration, explore shops, pool time, DS/ Raglan Rd.
8/13- MK
8/14- DHS/EPCOT
8/16- EPCOT/AK
8/17- Pool time, MNSSHP (our first time):banana:
8/18- Boma breakfast, DS
8/19- AK/MK Photopass day!!!!
8/20- MK/DHS
8/21- Resort hop day;Poly,GF,CTR, WL/FW Trails End for dinner. Pack up. :laundy:
8/22- Crack of dawn flight home:sad:.

MK 8/19

Our plans! Getting closer...

8/11: Fly in super super early / DS
8/12: MK
8/13: AK
8/14: MK
8/15: EPCOT
8/16: DHS / Poly Luau
8/17: MK / MNSSHP!!
8/18:EPCOT / Fly home laaaaate

We’re traveling with my brother’s family and with a bunch of little kids in our group, we’ll be hitting the parks morning and evening and spending a lot of midday time in the pool and/or napping. I can hardly wait!

8/18 Epcot

Well.... I love reading everyone’s schedule so here’s outs:

8/19 travel/EP
8/20 AK
8/21 EMM / MK
8/22 DHS + SW dessert party
8/23 MK + MK dessert party
8/24 rest/ Halloween party
8/25 EP
8/26 EMM at MK / AK
8/27 DHS
8/28 rest / Halloween party
8/29 AK
8/30 EP (F&W day 1!) / DAH MK
8/31 rest / Halloween party
9/1 travel

Our restaurants reservations:
Cinderella lunch, BOG dinner, Biergarten, Yak Yeti, Boma, Akherhouse, Tusker House, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Liberty tavern, SciFi, HVine, 50’s Prime, Ohana

Less than 4 weeks

MK 8/23, Epcot 8/25, 8/28 MNSSHP

It looks like a lot of us will be at MK on 8/19! :wave:

Here are our plans:

8/18 - late arrival at Grand Floridian
8/19 - MK (Crystal Palace breakfast)
8/20 - Epcot (Akershus breakfast, Via Napoli dinner)
8/21 - pool/Disney Springs day (Boma breakfast, Terralina Crafted Italian dinner)
8/22 - HS (Sci-Fi lunch, Fantasmic dessert viewing)
8/23 - AK (Yak & Yeti dinner)
8/24 - MK (The Plaza lunch, Trail’s End or Ohana for dinner. Trying to decide between the two!)
8/25 - 1900 Park Fare breakfast and travel home :sad:

We plan to rope drop and take mid-day breaks during the worst of the heat. We’re from San Antonio, so we know heat & humidity, but that doesn’t mean we like it :crazy2:

24 days to go!!

MK 8/19, Epcot 8/20,

So jealous of all of you that are getting your magic bands or are about to leave. We're the very tail end of August so we still have a month to wait...

8/28: Crack of dawn flight, arrive at Pop, MK, early dinner at Ohana
8/29: AK, brunch at Tusker House
8/30: EP w/ EMH, Brunch at Akershus, FP at HS in the afternoon
8/31: MK w/ EMH, lunch at BoG, break, and dinner at Coral Reef
9/1: HS w/EMH, lunch at Sci-Fi
9/2: PPO at Garden Frill, EP in morning, MK in afternoon
9/3: early flight home
9/4: School starts!

8/28 MK

So, that makes 5 of us in Epcot on the 18th, and four of us in MK on the 19th

I am seeing a LOT of overlap with others here. Of note, I think a lot of people are going to be in Epcot on 8/18, and a fair few in MK on 8/19, plus some in MK on 8/28, or at MNSSHP that evening.

Epcot on the 18tth

Epcot on the 18th, MK on the 19th

Epcot on the 18th, Epcot on the 20th, MK on the 23rd, AK on the 26th, and MK on the 28th plus the party. Looks like we will be following each other for two weeks lol.

Epcot on the 20th, MK on the 23rd, MNSSHP on the 28th

MK 8/19

8/18 Epcot

MK 8/23, Epcot 8/25, 8/28 MNSSHP

MK 8/19, Epcot 8/20,

8/28 MK

So, that makes 5 of us in Epcot on the 18th, and four of us in MK on the 19th

The 19th is our HS morning day, but we might be doing MK in the evening.

Finally booked my return flight home today. In the afternoon so no rushing and we don't get home too late and it's on Southwest so we check extra bags on our way home (which will be good if we have extra souvenirs or purchases). Had to rebook my car rental as it wouldn't let me modify for the same price but I could rebook for the same price . 19 days to go just need to finish shopping for clothes and packing. Getting more and more excited. Off to put in my time off form.

We're so close! Here's our plan:

Saturday, 8/11: Arrive in MCO around 1:30pm, take ME to AKL! Dinner at Boma, and then Disney After Hours until 1am :)
Sunday, 8/12: Bf's birthday, so it must be MK (again)! And the HEA dessert party at the plaza.
Monday, 8/13: HS day! We're getting a late start and then closing down the park.
Tuesday, 8/14: Universal Studios day--we're major HP fans and absolutely EXCITED as we've never been.
Wednesday, 8/15: Free day for the pool or DS. Lunch at Sanaa, and very late dinner at California Grill. We're planning on showing up early to watch HEA from the deck before dinner.
Thursday, 8/16: Epcot day!
Friday, 8/17: AK!
Saturday, 8/18: We have a late flight at 7pm, so we have breakfast at Crystal Palace and then a few MK fast passes. Then off to the tragical express for us :(

Any tips for surviving the heat? We're NY natives.

Any tips for surviving the heat? We're NY natives.

Seek shade whenever possible, don't be afraid to take a midday break when the heat is at its worst, remember that any quick service location (and also things like popcorn stands at times) will give you a cup of ice water for free if you ask and take advantage of that, maybe look into cooling towels (my family always has some with us and they were a HUGE help when I was in the blistering Toy Story Land sun waiting to meet Woody) and find excuses to take quick AC breaks (cut through a store, spend a little extra time in the gift shop after an attraction, strategically plan when to do attractions like Carousel of Progress/Country Bears/etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter