*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Where will you be staying? We enjoy the Contempo Cafe at CR a lot - or the QS at the Poly, WL or the GF.
We are staying at All Star Sports, but are willing to go somewhere else for lunch. I haven't really seen many of the other resorts, as we stay Value or off-site, although I have seen the inside of WL when my in-laws were staying there...very nice resort!

We are staying at All Star Sports, but are willing to go somewhere else for lunch. I haven't really seen many of the other resorts, as we stay Value or off-site, although I have seen the inside of WL when my in-laws were staying there...very nice resort!

We love going around the Deluxe resorts and enjoy the QS at all of them. I hear the AOA has a good food court but have not eaten there. Enjoy!

Is anyone planning on staying at, or coming to, HS for the Friday night EMH’s that are scheduled from 10.30pm to 12.30am every Friday in August? I am wondering if we’ll have to just ignore SDD during that time as it will still have a long line of people still waiting after the regular hours...

Is anyone planning on staying at, or coming to, HS for the Friday night EMH’s that are scheduled from 10.30pm to 12.30am every Friday in August? I am wondering if we’ll have to just ignore SDD during that time as it will still have a long line of people still waiting after the regular hours...
DH and I are planning on going to those EMH on both Fridays of our stay.

We are a set it and forget it kind with ADR's / FP+ for the most part. I figure out ahead of time what / when I want stuff, and then get it. I do have one ADR I'd like to modify, but I'm not really expecting anything to open up. I have an ADR finder set up to keep an eye out for me, and I check from time to time, but that's it. The rest of my plans are made, and I'm not messing with them.

All of this because I was thinking that since we will have a car, we might go over to Universal for a day in the middle of the trip.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is Amazing!! If you do go for one day are you planning a park to park ticket? We got annual passes to Universal in June and excited to be able to go back in August.

but the kids are thinking they rather do breakfast then dinner and try that cinnamon bun
the cinnamon bun is worth it alone! Plus the character interaction is fun. So relaxed in the morning. My kids also like the chocolate sauce that came with the mickey waffles!

Okay friends, question for everyone. Any recommendations for quick service brunch/lunch at the resorts? We will have a couple QS meal credits remaining on our last day, and do not have entry into the parks (AP expire the day before we leave). Thanks! :goodvibes

We enjoy the Contempo Cafe at CR a lot
This was my vote! Take the food over to the Outer Rim lounge for a great view, and enjoy a frosty beverage. DH and I did this one day in June-he needed to use the business center at Contemporary -we were staying at Fort Wilderness and took the launch over.

I hear the AOA has a good food court but have not eaten there.
Love the AoA food court! staying at Pop again in August and I am looking forward to AoA food court LOL

HS for the Friday night EMH’s that are scheduled from 10.30pm to 12.30am every Friday in August?
-yes planning on first friday late EMH as we are still unsure if we are flying in night of Aug 2nd or am Aug 3rd-need to decide this week.

As far as obsessing-It is our 25th anniversary on Aug 7th (my AP runs out Aug 6th)-DD can get an amazing rate at AKV so am debating on switching there for last 2 nights. Might be the only time I can afford to stay there...
Our FP are at good times and all in the am. Will likely be spending evenings at Universal, so not messing with those.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is Amazing!! If you do go for one day are you planning a park to park ticket? We got annual passes to Universal in June and excited to be able to go back in August.

Actually now that I have taken a much more in depth look at the parks' web pages, I'm thinking I have a built in excuse for a return trip because for my crew it would take more than one day. My daughter is obsessed with Harry Potter. My son with the Transformers and Dr. Seuss. Both of them (and me too actually) are crazy for Marvel. My son and I share a great love for the Jurassic Park/World stuff. We also love the Minions.

I'm back to thinking now a water park day or 2 would be good for a break from the main parks. Last year we had a ticket with 1 free water park entry added. That was great because we had never been to one. Went to Blizzard Beach and it was amazing. Looked though and a one day ticket would cost me $200 for the 3 of us. The hopper plus option is $300; so not sure what I will do. But I had been thinking of adding a day to the trip. Whether it is a water park day or a pool/resort day, I know we are going to take a day off from the main parks in the middle of the trip. Also haven't been to Disney Springs since..well before it was called Disney Springs. I'll discuss it with my teenager (Lord help me) and decide.

@TBGOES2DISNEY we are really hoping for another free dining bounceback - we've been booking it every August for the following August for years. We like to do a long trip of free dining (about 10 days) at PORS or POP (used to be POFQ but they're never included any more) and we follow up with 3-4 nights at a deluxe (room only). Hoping to see free dining bounceback offers out in early August- fingers crossed!
@pd1138 we have a Garden Grill breakfast booked for 10:30 (we like to do the park at 9:00, then break ast 10:30 for breakfast) and the cinnamon bun is totally worth the ADR. We love the characters and food at Garden Grill breakfast! Also, the juice is fantastic!
@MinnieWebster we love the QS food court at Contemporary (Contempo Cafe), Port Orleans Riverside and A of A. But, our favourite is Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs (but I know you said resort... just wanted to vote for WPE).

Our trip is 5 weeks away today! So excited.

We haven't done the Wilderness Explorer activities. My youngest is now 14, so a bit too much of a big boy to really get any fun out of Agent P anymore, though he enjoyed it when he was younger. Both DS14, and DD23 enjoy SotMK. I know they still had the passports at Epcot last summer, and I'm pretty sure they will still be there this August. The Pirates Adventure is quite a bit of fun, and you get bonus FP for Pirates of the Caribbean if you finish enough maps (3 I think).
Do you know if you can buy the passports in advance anywhere? The less time spent in park gift shops, the better for my budget! Lol

Do you know if you can buy the passports in advance anywhere? The less time spent in park gift shops, the better for my budget! Lol
Not that I am aware of. We have always bought them in the gift shops in Epcot, but then we enjoy shopping anyway, plus we find the gift shops to be a nice little break from the heat.

I know someone posted several pages back but I can't find it and my search isn't working. Does anyone have any recommendations for cooling towels? I do plan on bringing a small umbrella to DHS because of the lack of shade TSL seems to have, and I think occasionally wrapping a cooling towel around my neck should help. TIA!

I know someone posted several pages back but I can't find it and my search isn't working. Does anyone have any recommendations for cooling towels? I do plan on bringing a small umbrella to DHS because of the lack of shade TSL seems to have, and I think occasionally wrapping a cooling towel around my neck should help. TIA!
We use Frogg Toggs but there are several brands. We wet and stick in freezer/fridge night before and keep in a ziplock until we need them.
But really- a handheld accordian type fan or battery powered hand fan works too. DH has a couple that plug into phone (or phone charger-which works for us as we have the fuel rod and can swap as needed.) I use the cooling towels as well though as it helps to keep sun off neck/shoulders.

We use Frogg Toggs but there are several brands. We wet and stick in freezer/fridge night before and keep in a ziplock until we need them.
But really- a handheld accordian type fan or battery powered hand fan works too. DH has a couple that plug into phone (or phone charger-which works for us as we have the fuel rod and can swap as needed.) I use the cooling towels as well though as it helps to keep sun off neck/shoulders.

Thank you! I didn't even think of the fan that plugs into the phone or the handheld fan. Those are definitely options. We're not taking any mid-day breaks, we have lunch at 1:20 and then we're hoping to head to the Frozen show and/or Muppets before heading towards ToT, RNR and Beauty and the Beast.

Thank you! I didn't even think of the fan that plugs into the phone or the handheld fan. Those are definitely options. We're not taking any mid-day breaks, we have lunch at 1:20 and then we're hoping to head to the Frozen show and/or Muppets before heading towards ToT, RNR and Beauty and the Beast.
When are your dates? My DD works at Muppets until program end on August 9th!

Launch Bay, Path of Jedi theater, Frozen show, even waiting for star Tours all provide A/C experiences. Even Indiana Jones show-if you have water and fans-can provide a decent cooling experience. Or get a drink inside ABC Commissary for a seat in the A/C

Okay friends, question for everyone. Any recommendations for quick service brunch/lunch at the resorts? We will have a couple QS meal credits remaining on our last day, and do not have entry into the parks (AP expire the day before we leave). Thanks! :goodvibes

Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs? If you have some time, take the boat from POR or POFQ - it’s so relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter