*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

I booked for 8/18 as well. It’s my daughters fave and the new menu looks good. Being down there 12 Days we book a few 2 credit places as it’s too much to eat a big sit down meal every day anyway.
I'm anxious to see the new dessert choices!
We normally do at least one signature every trip, also. Next month we're retuning to Yachtsman and trying Artist Point for the first time. I've been too busy to do any Aug ADR's other than BOG but we'll most likely do Tiffins as that's currently our favorite :)

I'm anxious to see the new dessert choices!
We normally do at least one signature every trip, also. Next month we're retuning to Yachtsman and trying Artist Point for the first time. I've been too busy to do any Aug ADR's other than BOG but we'll most likely do Tiffins as that's currently our favorite :)

We booked Tiffins River of Light package, love Tiffins!

We are staying 4 nights at Universal after Disney. Excited to check it out for the first time!

It’s fantastic! We spent four days there late last year. Wonderful time. That amount of time allows for a relaxing pace and time to soak things in.

The Harry Potter lands were phenomenal, the dr. Seuss area was amazingly themed and many rides in both lands were super fun for our kids.

Gringotts, forbidden journey, The hulk, the mummy, SpiderMan, Jurassic river ride, MiB, and Minions were favorite rides, and the shows and entertainment were so, so good.

I loved that CityWalk was right there, great restaurants. It was just lovely, the whole time.

In fact, all this talk... might extend the visit to two days.

It’s fantastic! We spent four days there late last year. Wonderful time. That amount of time allows for a relaxing pace and time to soak things in.

The Harry Potter lands were phenomenal, the dr. Seuss area was amazingly themed and many rides in both lands were super fun for our kids.

Gringotts, forbidden journey, The hulk, the mummy, SpiderMan, Jurassic river ride, MiB, and Minions were favorite rides, and the shows and entertainment were so, so good.

I loved that CityWalk was right there, great restaurants. It was just lovely, the whole time.

In fact, all this talk... might extend the visit to two days.

Sounds great! Your post makes me more excited! DH worked at Universal for the Summer when he was in college, so he had been wanting to take the kids. But we wanted to wait until our youngest son was a bit older.

I did make our reservation today for the Universal part of the trip!

I'm pretty pleased... my 180 was this morning and I was able to get everything I wanted -- though lots of "sorry for the paws" on the website using my PC, so I got the ADRs using the MDE app on my iPad and by calling guest services (for Tusker House Rivers of Light package). Now I basically do nothing but lurk here and post occasionally to get through the next 4 months until Fast Pass day on 6/26. ;)

Has anyone here done the Tiffins ROL dining package? We had a lunch adr and I just switched that to a dinner rol package. I figured that if we were going to eat there anyways, we might as well do the dining package and if we were going to go to the show we may as well do the package at dinner instead of lunch.

Our flights are now booked so our dates have slightly changed.

We are now August 3 to 10 staying at CSR.

Can you please change us. We were August 1 to 7 before.

We will be there the 25-1. Staying at WL right now, but we may change to a value if free dining comes out. We want to stay at WL, but not sure if we want to spend the extra money or not. The prices with discounts will make up our mind for us.

Still have to book flights. We are flying out of Richmond (we're from Pittsburgh) because we are going there to get my nephew. The flights out of there are more expensive than Pittsburgh. Looking at Norfolk, Raleigh, and the two in DC but will probably just pay the extra from Richmond unless they don't drop in price at all. Right now for the 4 of us it's 1500 through SW. From our past flights out of there and just looking at rates for other times this year, it hopefully will come down to around 1000 (it's around 800 out of DC/Raleigh).

Has anyone here done the Tiffins ROL dining package? We had a lunch adr and I just switched that to a dinner rol package. I figured that if we were going to eat there anyways, we might as well do the dining package and if we were going to go to the show we may as well do the package at dinner instead of lunch.
We did the Tiffins ROL dining package last March. Dining package or not, Tiffins is amazing!!

Today was ADR day. I wasn't looking for much, as we do mostly quick service, but I got what I wanted: BOG 11AM lunch, Garden Grill 10:30 breakfast, and EMM for September 4. Yay!

HI there! We're back at it again, recently booked a trip from 8/27-9/2 at CSR. DH, DD11, DD7 (will be 8 when we go), and me. This is our third trip to WDW but we've added 3 nights at Universal to the front end of it (8/24-8/27). Looking forward to it, recently did ADRs and got everything we wanted except BOG, but only because the only night we have available for that is possibly a night for MNSSHP, because why else would the MK close at 6PM on the Friday of Labor Day weekend? We shall see...we're still pretty excited.

HI there! We're back at it again, recently booked a trip from 8/27-9/2 at CSR. DH, DD11, DD7 (will be 8 when we go), and me. This is our third trip to WDW but we've added 3 nights at Universal to the front end of it (8/24-8/27). Looking forward to it, recently did ADRs and got everything we wanted except BOG, but only because the only night we have available for that is possibly a night for MNSSHP, because why else would the MK close at 6PM on the Friday of Labor Day weekend? We shall see...we're still pretty excited.

That Friday is SO is a MNSSHP night! party:

We 'tried' for a Plaza ADR that night too (just in case it was not a party night), but NOTHING is available at 6 pm. Are you going to MNSSHP?

This is also our 3rd family trip too. We stayed at CSR our first trip and I, personally, loved it (DH and kiddos all preferred POR - 2nd trip). We were tucked into the back corner of the resort in bldg 6A, Rancheros. It was so peaceful, close to the pool, and view had a view of a pond standard room) and close to bus stop 3. The pool is incredible!

Join us on Facebook if you haven't (or anyone who wants to join)!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/199...ref=gs&dti=1991163084483941&hc_location=group

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!