*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Our ADR day is this upcoming Sunday, and I need help and advice.

Since crowd calendars are pretty much a crapshoot now, and that's what I've always used in the past, I'm stuck. How do you guys plan for your meals? Ho do you pick your park days?

We're there for 8 days with 7 day park hoppers, and plan on 'Ohana for breakfast, 50's PT, Sci-fi, Chef Mickey's, and Rainforest at AK for lunch or dinner.

ETA: We're also planning on MNSSHP for Tuesday the 28th. I'm counting arrival day as one of our 8 days, but we don't want any ADR's that day.

We're going for a similar amount of time only without hoppers. I worked off of the crowd calendar that Kenny the Pirate posted but will adjust as needed if the hours change significantly. I think that there will only be one ADR that might prove to be difficult, BOG dinner. Since we are also planning on going to MNSSHP on the 28th (if there is one!)

Meal planning and park planning went hand in hand for me. With 7 day tickets I knew that we were going to go to 3 of the parks twice and 1 of them only once. Based on our preferences last time we went, we planned on making HS our once only park although that may change depending on how we feel about TSL. All 3 of us felt as though HS was a half day park in 2015 but that may change. So, once I looked at the KtP calendar and picked what park on what day, ADR planning was a bit easier.

I think that there will only be one ADR that might prove to be difficult, BOG dinner. Since we are also planning on going to MNSSHP on the 28th (if there is one!) we only have one evening where we are going to be in MK other than the 28th so if I can't get a dinner ADR that night we will have to skip it. I remember that BOG dinner was a slightly more difficult one to get and I had to keep checking for a couple of months. Other than that one, we are planning on Sanaa one night, California Grill dinner (and then firework viewing) on our non-park day and then a few others but no show stoppers if we don't get in.

On our last trip we ended up making same day ADRs for a few places for lunch such as Yak&Yeti, Nine Dragons, Rose & Crown and Liberty Tree. Coming from Disneyland where QS food is really good, we found that this was not quite the case at WDW so we ended up having more TS lunches than we planned.

I printed out Kenny's calendar and will just work off of that. That will give me a start and if I need to tweak later for whatever reason, I can.

Six more days until my 180... (can you tell I'm excited?). :yay: I'm going to have to walk my dog early that morning. LOL

And please also add me to the roll call... We're a split stay: 8/23-8/25 at Universal (Portofino Bay) and 8/25-8/31 at WDW (Polynesian Village Resort). Thanks!

Yes. Just made all my ADRs this am at 3am PST ( so tired ). I had most success booking thru the app. I made 80 % of mine via the app, 10% via website &10% phone. The website was just not updating as quick as the app despite refreshing.

I did get my CP @1035, spirit of Ohana and BOG as well as a few others for all the times I needed. Good luck!

For those of you who have been able to book ADRs on the website, what internet browser are you using? Chrome didn't work for me at all on Sunday and I ended up using the app which worked great. I have a split stay though and wasn't able to book the whole 180+10 so the second leg of my booking is tomorrow morning & I'm wondering if I would have better luck with Internet Explorer or something. I wouldn't mind using the app again, I just prefer the website- when it works :upsidedow. Thanks!

Booking our ADR's one week from Sunday!!! So excited! Anyone know how difficult it is to "get what you want when you want" when your group is 7 people or more?
We rarely have an issue.
For those of you who have been able to book ADRs on the website, what internet browser are you using? Chrome didn't work for me at all on Sunday and I ended up using the app which worked great. I have a split stay though and wasn't able to book the whole 180+10 so the second leg of my booking is tomorrow morning & I'm wondering if I would have better luck with Internet Explorer or something. I wouldn't mind using the app again, I just prefer the website- when it works :upsidedow. Thanks!
I have been using chrome

I also used chrome.

I used Safari and it was fine. Only problems I had besides not getting any BOG PPOs were that I couldn’t book the Fantasmic or ROL packages through the site or the app. I had to wait until 7 to call the number. Anyone else have an issue booking dining packages?

ADR day for me is THURSDAY!!! Have they opened up BOG for dinner during our dates? I had read that people were having trouble....

ADR day for me is THURSDAY!!! Have they opened up BOG for dinner during our dates? I had read that people were having trouble....
I checked about an hour ago and BOG dinner is still not available for any dates in August that I could find. I was able to get it to still come up for mid July through July 26 tho which surprised me.

I used Safari and it was fine. Only problems I had besides not getting any BOG PPOs were that I couldn’t book the Fantasmic or ROL packages through the site or the app. I had to wait until 7 to call the number. Anyone else have an issue booking dining packages?

I had trouble booking spirit of aloha but was eventually able to make it work after several attempts. Dates were not showing up for me that should have... then times didn’t show up. My next option was waiting to call but it finally went through

So, I had the issues with booking on line and on the app. I ended up calling and got everything I wanted at the times I wanted except for a crazy early 'Ohana dinner. Oh well, that's done! I'm sure I'll play around with it endlessly until trip time.

Six more days until my 180... (can you tell I'm excited?). :yay: I'm going to have to walk my dog early that morning. LOL

And please also add me to the roll call... We're a split stay: 8/23-8/25 at Universal (Portofino Bay) and 8/25-8/31 at WDW (Polynesian Village Resort). Thanks!

We're staying at the Polynesian 8/25-9/1, and I am super pumped about ADR day too! See you at the pool! :)

I checked about an hour ago and BOG dinner is still not available for any dates in August that I could find. I was able to get it to still come up for mid July through July 26 tho which surprised me.

They will start with BOG dinner reservations on Friday. Dinner is now price fixed at $55 for adults and $35 for kids or 2 credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter