The Official April 2012 Car Rental Thread

I'm picking up and dropping off at MCO

April 19 @ 8:00PM
May 12 @ 5:00PM
(but I get the same base if I drop off earlier)

National
Using code 5007125
Coupon: ND8578ADT ($35)

or

Alamo
Using code 7015504
Coupon: AD2359FDF ($35)

Thank you. I used these codes and saved nearly $100 with an upgrade!

Picked up oyr rental last thursday. We have a 14 day rental via alamo or 226. I posted earlier on this thread. This was for a premium. They were out of premuims when we got to the airport. Got to choose from the suv row instead. Got a mazda cx9- a 7 passenger vehicle in lieu. I was thrilled! Amazing price! :cool1:

The rates have dropped again for pickup April 18, 19, or 20. Minivan base rate showing $163 a week before taxes or discounts. National.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but my rates are not dropping at all. I am picking up on the 19th at noon and dropping off on the 27th at 11:00. My alamo rate for a compact is $162.00. Any ideas?

I am using my insiders # and coupon AD2359FDF

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but my rates are not dropping at all. I am picking up on the 19th at noon and dropping off on the 27th at 11:00. My alamo rate for a compact is $162.00. Any ideas?

I am using my insiders # and coupon AD2359FDF

You can get a better deal with National. Use code 5007125 and
coupon ND8578adt. There might be some even better codes out there that others could share.

You can get a full size for that price, or you can choose something smaller for less. You could even do better if you're an Emerald Aisle member.

Wowwwwwwwwww I just tried National for 10 days on a minivan and came up with over $600! :rotfl2:

I think I'll stick with my Alamo rezzie at $323, unlimited miles, 10 days. :)

you must be picking up on Saturday? Seems the prices are higher on that day when I was checking earlier. I have a minivan with National for 23 days and am paying a total of $490! I'm very happy with my price.

Try using id code 299851 and add what ever coupon you have. You should be able to come in well under $500 on most vehicles.

I used this code and got a fair deal, but I was wondering if they are going to ask for a corporate ID or something? The rates for the Clearwater airport aren't budging AT ALL. They haven't for months. I'm 5 days out and still nothing. This code got me a fair deal but I don't want to be put on the spot if I'm going to need a corporate ID card or something.

Thanks!

I just booked a one-way rental with BUDGET picking up in Ft Lauderdale and returning in Miami using discount BCD code Y937800.

This code is good at various Florida locations and is provided by Budget so there isn't anything "shady" about it and you don't have to belong to anything in order to use it.

I was thrilled that it works for one-way rentals and non-airport locations as well. You may also use Budget coupons for things like upgrades, free day, etc. with this discount code.

I saved $49.00 on my 24 hour one-way minivan rental :thumbsup2 for November.

The rates have dropped again for pickup April 18, 19, or 20. Minivan base rate showing $163 a week before taxes or discounts. National.
Thanks for the heads up again! I'm picking up on the 21st and mine went down a little bit more today.

Does anyone remember where the ND8578ADT $35 off code came from, I know I don't have to produce a coupon, but was it on the National site at one point or something via email, etc?

Yes an e-coupon. I received it from National and it's also posted on mousesavers. Looks like rates are back up this morning. Glad I looked yesterday cause it saved me about 57.00.:goodvibes

You can get a better deal with National. Use code 5007125 and
coupon ND8578adt. There might be some even better codes out there that others could share.

You can get a full size for that price, or you can choose something smaller for less. You could even do better if you're an Emerald Aisle member.

Thanks for the post!! I just booked a minivan from 26th - 5th (9 nights) for weekly rate of 164 - final with the codes used above...222. MUCH better than the 700 dollars it was going to be a few months ago.

Does anyone here know about Nationals SUV crossovers? If I book the fullsize (dodge journey) do they have 7 passenger seating? It only says 5 passenger. According to their vehicle list you need to book a premium cross over to get 7 passenger, but at MCO premium is not an option. Just thought I would ask the boards on anyones experience in this. dont feel like taking the chance.

Thanks!!!

Anybody else stalking the Alamo/National sites waiting for the last minute rates to be released for the last week of April??

Is it weird that I find this kinda fun? :lmao:

The 3 families I booked for are very happy with our 10 day visits. We all have full size with alamo for less than 150.00 each! :cool1:

2 are with Visa/Insiders and mine the cheapest of all is with BJ's/Insiders! :thumbsup2

The 3 families I booked for are very happy with our 10 day visits. We all have full size with alamo for less than 150.00 each! :cool1:

2 are with Visa/Insiders and mine the cheapest of all is with BJ's/Insiders! :thumbsup2

I was just on the National website and it looks like there are some new lower rates there right now...I think for the mid-size SUV. You might want to compare.

National codes: 5007125
Coupon: ND8578ADT

Normally Tuesday is when the new "last minute" fares get released, so you should check both Alamo and National throughout the day for any additional changes. We leave one day before you (19th)

I was just on the National website and it looks like there are some new lower rates there right now...I think for the mid-size SUV. You might want to compare.

Normally Tuesday is when the new "last minute" fares get released, so you should check both Alamo and National throughout the day for any additional changes. We leave one day before you (19th)

Yep our 10 day mini van rental was down $17. We now have it for $233:banana:....our rental starts on 4/28

Have a great trip!

We are flying in to Tampa... The prices have not budged today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter