***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Do you know where the 1BRs tend to be? I have booked a dear friend for a 6-night stay in a 1BR Value for her and her family for February vacation, and I’m very much hoping she’ll luck out with a Savanna View!
The 2BR lockoff values (so all the 1BR's) are 4 savanna, 4 pool, and 2 parking lot.

Do you know where the 1BRs tend to be? I have booked a dear friend for a 6-night stay in a 1BR Value for her and her family for February vacation, and I’m very much hoping she’ll luck out with a Savanna View!

Go here for room map showing the rooms at Jambo http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5-large.html The values are the rooms on Ostrich Trail and Giraffe Trail. The 1BR portion of the 2BR lock-offs is shown in light blue. As you will see, four 1BRs are on Girraffe Trail and overlook the pool area. Six are on Ostrich trail but two of them look out over the front area of the building toward the parking lot. The other four 1BRs, Rms 5136, 5130, 5116 and 5110, have savanna view.

You cannot put in any particular location requests for a value room and thus getting a savanna view value room is luck-of-the-draw.

I'll backtrack and read a bit, but looking for feedback on comfort level of the pull-out sofa bed and chair bed at Jambo 1-Bedroom please. For adults.

I'll backtrack and read a bit, but looking for feedback on comfort level of the pull-out sofa bed and chair bed at Jambo 1-Bedroom please. For adults.
From my daughter: Not bad, needs a gel mattress topper for perfection.

From my son: Nasty, horrible... blah blah blah. Keep in mind here that my future DIL has spine issues and it wasn't fair of me to put her on that bed. They ended up moving the mattress from the unused bed in the dedicated 2 br out and onto the sofa.

I'm hoping our next hard goods upgrade at Kidani and Jambo is to the Murphy style sofa beds.

I own at AKV & love the resort, Jambo especially, but…the pull-out sofa bed is not comfortable, the chair is better because you don’t feel the bar down the middle you feel w/ the sofa bed.

My grown son HATES the pull-out bed - we now bring a memory-foam topper in it's own separate duffle every time we go - it's the bar in the middle problem.

Looking forward to Boma opening. Reservations start 8/18 if anyone is interested.
It's so great to see that announced - going to make a huge difference at Jambo. Interesting that it's not announced yet what Boma will look like and how much yet! Will it be the same buffet, or something different? Will it have a much higher price tag, like some of the other restaurants that have opened (ie, Cape May)? But so glad to hear they are at least opening the doors (they don't really have doors, but you get it!).

I'm hoping our next hard goods upgrade at Kidani and Jambo is to the Murphy style sofa beds.

At the Dec 2018 annual meeting, DVC announced that the pull-out sofas at all the resorts would be replaced by the pull-down Murphy bed over the sofa combination that exists now at SSR and Riviera. It will take a long time for all resorts to be completed because it is supposed to take place when the resort has its next "hard goods" refurb. AKV had a "soft goods" refurb in 2016 and thus is due for the "hard goods" refurb in 2023.

At the Dec 2018 annual meeting, DVC announced that the pull-out sofas at all the resorts would be replaced by the pull-down Murphy bed over the sofa combination that exists now at SSR and Riviera. It will take a long time for all resorts to be completed because it is supposed to take place when the resort has its next "hard goods" refurb. AKV had a "soft goods" refurb in 2016 and thus is due for the "hard goods" refurb in 2023.
2023 is sooner than I expected. Let's hope the schedule sticks!

1 night stay in Value Studio on 12/20!

I am curious to see which view we get...
12/20 will be our last night in our Jambo 2 br. standard view, hoping we get ’partial’ savanna view, but one of these trips we’re bound to end up w/ a pool view :) Since we didn’t go in 2020 I had lots of spare points & could have booked savanna view - not sure why I didn’t, habit I suppose from ‘normal’ times and always trying to stretch my points for ‘one more night.’ lol

1 night stay in Value Studio on 12/20!

I am curious to see which view we get...

Are you a vlogger? I noticed similar posts from you on several different resort threads. Curious why you're hopping around so much. One night isn't nearly enough to absorb the feeling of a resort. If you are, please give our AKV a chance to impress despite whatever view you might get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!