***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

The Jambo 1BR both for having the 2 separate rooms and for the washer/dryer. Oh - and giraffe either right off your balcony or else just at the overlook off the lobby. The value rooms can overlook savannah or pool or there's a couple that face out towards the porte cochere.
Thx I haven’t been to Poly since before they had DVC. There were only 3 of us then, it was bigger and transportation was great but, I seem to consistently be doing laundry and OKW studio for 10 days was way too tight for me. When I saw the values come available today, I went ahead and changed from Poly to Jambo.

Thx I haven’t been to Poly since before they had DVC. There were only 3 of us then, it was bigger and transportation was great but, I seem to consistently be doing laundry and OKW studio for 10 days was way too tight for me. When I saw the values come available today, I went ahead and changed from Poly to Jambo.

Nice! Laundry can take so much time when you have to do it outside of the room whereas in the room you put a load in whenever you're there and even if you head out it's fine because you can leave it. And with a toddler there sure seems to be a lot of laundry!

Nice! Laundry can take so much time when you have to do it outside of the room whereas in the room you put a load in whenever you're there and even if you head out it's fine because you can leave it. And with a toddler there sure seems to be a lot of laundry!
Yes! I’m anxious to see the differences between Kidani and Jambo. We have only been to The Mara a few times.

The Jambo 1BR both for having the 2 separate rooms and for the washer/dryer. Oh - and giraffe either right off your balcony or else just at the overlook off the lobby. The value rooms can overlook savannah or pool or there's a couple that face out towards the porte cochere.
Sorry, but if these are the 'value' category rooms at Jambo, they only overlook the parking lot or garden area. They're located just off the main lobby. There will not be a savanna or pool. But there are plenty of locations around the resort to view the animals.

Yes! I’m anxious to see the differences between Kidani and Jambo. We have only been to The Mara a few times.
I think the biggest unknown for a Jambo stay right now is when they're going to reopen the restaurants and gift shop. When Jambo is completely open, it's our favorite. Hopefully, Boma, Jiko, Zawadi, etc open real soon. Since they're opening the Jambo House to non-DVC the end of August, I'm optimistic everything else will open. The Mara was open when we were there in March, but only for grab n go type stuff for breakfast and lunch. I need them to open completely - I need my fix of butternut squash soup!!

Sorry, but if these are the 'value' category rooms at Jambo, they only overlook the parking lot or garden area. They're located just off the main lobby. There will not be a savanna or pool. But there are plenty of locations around the resort to view the animals.
You might be confusing the hotel rooms with the DVC? Kat is correct. Most of the value rooms face either a small savanna or the pool. I think there are 2 that face the front of the resort. Where's our map? We need that map stickied to the top of the thread!

ETA: found one:

Last edited:
You might be confusing the hotel rooms with the DVC? Kat is correct. Most of the value rooms face either a small savanna or the pool. I think there are 2 that face the front of the resort. Where's our map? We need that map stickied to the top of the thread!
Yes, I am absolutely thinking DVC Value rooms. Sorry. When the OP mentioned they stayed at Kidani before, I went into DVC mode.

As Twinklebug already replied and posted a map the DVC Value category rooms do overlook the 3 areas I mentioned - savanna, pool and there are 2 2BR lockoffs that overlook the porte cochere. You are correct that they are in the wings off the lobby.

As Twinklebug already replied and posted a map the DVC Value category rooms do overlook the 3 areas I mentioned - savanna, pool and there are 2 2BR lockoffs that overlook the porte cochere. You are correct that they are in the wings off the lobby.
This is interesting, and always educational. But we've personally stayed in the value rooms twice at Jambo, once a studio and once a 1BR. Both times we saw the parking lot. And on the DVC site, the description of the value room category is 'landscape or parking lot' view for the rooms. Seems like a value room with a savanna view would be awesome - less points for a premium view!

This is interesting, and always educational. But we've personally stayed in the value rooms twice at Jambo, once a studio and once a 1BR. Both times we saw the parking lot. And on the DVC site, the description of the value room category is 'landscape or parking lot' view for the rooms. Seems like a value room with a savanna view would be awesome - less points for a premium view!
You were very unlucky then. I've never had those rooms and in over 8 or so stays have always been pool or savanna view. Get the right room and you can even see fireworks from DHS, when they're back.

There seems to be several inaccurate descriptions and floor plans showing up on both the DVC website and the Disney hotel booking side too. I looked and at Jambo it also says a Standard view will have views of landscape, parking area or pool/water. That is correct for Kidani but not Jambo where there are no standard views that face the parking area and some have partial savanna views.

You were very unlucky then. I've never had those rooms and in over 8 or so stays have always been pool or savanna view. Get the right room and you can even see fireworks from DHS, when they're back.

We once moved down to a Value 1BR where we could look up at the Concierge 1BR we had just moved one whole floor down from. :laughing: And we also could see the high fireworks from the value which we couldn't see from the Concierge room because of the thatch overhangs.

We've had savanna view values a couple of times and pool view another time. Parking lot view is actually the most rare view in the category (for studios there are 2 parking lot, 8 savanna, and 8 pool) so you've just been unlucky so far. It is very nice to be looking out your room at animals for 8 pts/night lol

Just returned from a GV in Jambo. We were not happy with our first room assignment, but the cast member at the front desk moved us the next day.

The first room was 5483. It was a HA room (which we did not need). The view was supposed to be savanna, but honestly it was a view of the hot tub and trees. Barely a patch of grass was visible. IMHO this room should not be categorized as "savanna."

Our second room was 5284. This view was wonderful! There was a constant "buzz" from a nearby building, but the view of the giraffe, zebra, etc. was fantastic.

Just wanted to pass along the info for anyone with an upcoming stay in a GV.

Just returned from a GV in Jambo. We were not happy with our first room assignment, but the cast member at the front desk moved us the next day.

The first room was 5483. It was a HA room (which we did not need). The view was supposed to be savanna, but honestly it was a view of the hot tub and trees. Barely a patch of grass was visible. IMHO this room should not be categorized as "savanna."

Our second room was 5284. This view was wonderful! There was a constant "buzz" from a nearby building, but the view of the giraffe, zebra, etc. was fantastic.

Just wanted to pass along the info for anyone with an upcoming stay in a GV.

The big male Eland always used to hang out at the end of the savanna where 5483 is although the last time I looked I did not see him around. He was older although I hadn't heard he had passed.

We also were in 5284 several years ago. The noise is from the HVAC system that is located towards the front of the resort between Jambo and Kidanil It's kind of annoying I thought. Overall though a good view and of course the GV's are amazing there.

When I read that the AKL DVC rooms are not due for a refurbishment until 2023, does that mean that they have the regular beds not the sky high ones that are designed to put your suitcases under. I have to pack a foldable step stool if I have a room with the newer bed since I can’t get in the bed without it🤣. I’m only 5’ tall and I literally have to jump and pull myself up in the new beds. We leave in 3 days.Im hoping I don’t have to pack the step stool. Last year they provided one for me but a few months ago at the Yacht Club they said they were no longer allowed to since people got hurt. I had to drag a chair over to get in the bed.
Please report back on the beds when you return. I am also short and had a terrible time trying to get into bed at POFQ. I have a bad back and it was really a challenge trying to maneuver without hurting myself. Have a great trip!

The big male Eland always used to hang out at the end of the savanna where 5483 is although the last time I looked I did not see him around. He was older although I hadn't heard he had passed.

We also were in 5284 several years ago. The noise is from the HVAC system that is located towards the front of the resort between Jambo and Kidanil It's kind of annoying I thought. Overall though a good view and of course the GV's are amazing there.
I was wondering what the "buzzing" noise was. It was annoying at first, but then it became less noticeable...like a white noise. I thought the great view was worth it.

We've had savanna view values a couple of times and pool view another time. Parking lot view is actually the most rare view in the category (for studios there are 2 parking lot, 8 savanna, and 8 pool) so you've just been unlucky so far. It is very nice to be looking out your room at animals for 8 pts/night lol
Do you know where the 1BRs tend to be? I have booked a dear friend for a 6-night stay in a 1BR Value for her and her family for February vacation, and I’m very much hoping she’ll luck out with a Savanna View!

Oh, I’ll keep this in mind to ask for as a request - and hopefully avoid 5483.
Are there other GV we should ask for? We’re staying for the first time in a Jambo GV over Thanksgiving this November! There will be 10 of us, as we’re taking my SIL and her family with us Tues-Fri and then hopefully off to the Disney Cruise for the weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter