***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

There are two savannas correct? I know one has giraffe and the other doesn't. Can someone please clarify? I would like to add it to me room request. Thanks!

AKL has a total of four savannas. I assume you mean the Kidani buidling which has Sunset (most savanna views) and Pembe. Sunset has giraffes, Pembe does not. The Jambo buidling has Sunset, Arusha (in the middle of the building) and Uzima.

We are renting points for our honeymoon, May 3rd through the 9th in 2015. We booked a standard view deluxe studio at Kidani. :) So very excited!! Neither of us have ever stayed on Disney property before, and renting points has let us book our dream vacation. <3

I do have a question for AKL veterans - which restaurant at AKL would you recommend for a romantic dinner? Price is not an issue as it is our honeymoon, just want to enjoy a fantastic meal together. :)

Thanks!

We had a very nice table at Jiko. It was by a window,out of the crowd. When you make your ADR tell them it is your honeymoon and wear your Just Married buttons. We received complimentary glasses of champagne when we went there for our Anniversary. Have a Magical time.

We are renting points for our honeymoon, May 3rd through the 9th in 2015. We booked a standard view deluxe studio at Kidani. :) So very excited!! Neither of us have ever stayed on Disney property before, and renting points has let us book our dream vacation. <3

I do have a question for AKL veterans - which restaurant at AKL would you recommend for a romantic dinner? Price is not an issue as it is our honeymoon, just want to enjoy a fantastic meal together. :)

Thanks!

Definitely Jiko, no question at all. Also, if you're a little less adventurous with your meals, talk to the server. My wife doesn't like spicy foods at all, and she's always been able to get something she's absolutely loved there. I think one time they had to take out something they would normally add. The signatures are great for customizing the dishes that way. And congrats! :thumbsup2

Thank you -so- much for the recommendations!! I appreciate it! So excited for our stay. :)

We haven't been during the Christmas season in a few years, can anyone help with what special things they have going on at Kidani and Jambo during the holiday. I know they had some characters throughout our stay last time.

This will be my 1st trip to AKV even though we bought back in 2008 I think it was. After that my wife was to sick to travel and we couldn't go. She died in 2012 W/O staying where she loved so much.

So I'll be flying solo 12/21- 1/3/15. After this I'll have to decide if to keep the points, sell or rent them out. I've been renting them out since we bought.

This will be my 1st trip to AKV even though we bought back in 2008 I think it was. After that my wife was to sick to travel and we couldn't go. She died in 2012 W/O staying where she loved so much.

So I'll be flying solo 12/21- 1/3/15. After this I'll have to decide if to keep the points, sell or rent them out. I've been renting them out since we bought.
:grouphug:
I hope you enjoy your trip. I know every moment you will be seeing it through your wife's eyes.:angel:
It is an amazing resort, not our home resort, but probably my favourite.
We bought at BVW with a small inheritance I got when my mom passed away. She LOVED all things Disney and managed to get there with her Grandchildren, even though my DH had to push her around in a wheelchair the whole time.
Every time we go now, we take some time to remember all our good times with Grandma, not just at Disney, but a life time of memories.
Perhaps it will be the same with you.
My thoughts are with you.

:sad1:

So sorry to hear about your wife. I imagine it will make the trip a bit bitter-sweet. I hope you can still find joy in being there and still want to keep the points. But I guess you won't know until you get there.

Best wishes. :grouphug:

SUCH SAD news about your wife...very sorry for your loss!:flower3::grouphug:
Hope that you LOVE AKV...We stayed at Kidani a few summers ago and had a great time...This time we will be staying at Jambo..

Hope that you have a PEACEFUL REJUVENATING vacation!:)

Add another set of hands to that group hug Mike!

Make it a wonderful trip knowing she's still in your heart if not by your side. It's the little things that count. Sit at the fire, close your eyes, feel the warmth of her hand in yours. Take an hour to watch the animals, knowing what the sound of her breathing would be as she's amazed by each and every one. Pass on a random act of kindness to another couple you see, knowing that in sharing your kindness it may be that little nudge they need to also fall in love with the lodge.

Most of all - have a wonderful trip. Keep the love alive. Thinking of you!

ETA: Our trips almost overlapped, we were scheduled for a quick trip from the 21st through the 24th, but I cancelled when my sister said she wanted to go back to Disney with us over Independence day. I prefer the cooler weather for AKV, you're going at a great time :)

:grouphug: So sorry for your loss

Our trips will overlap a bit it's a beautiful time of year there and a great way to remember your wife I lost my Dad recently and someone said to me that by doing what they loved most and carrying on those memories is the best way for them to be remembered. I can still see my Dad in his Mickey Millenium denim jacket his most prized possession

It's official. I have my first visit to Animal Kingdom Kidani booked for June 6th!! A two bedroom villa!!

does anyone here routinely book Club level (DVC of course) and if so how difficult is it? Just curious.

Just curious AKV owners, if you're not booking at home, where do you prefer to stay? What time of year and do you find that it's difficult to get at. 7 months? TIA :)

does anyone here routinely book Club level (DVC of course) and if so how difficult is it? Just curious.

Reserving DVC club rooms can be very difficult. I've attempted a few times with limited success. Know first: there are very few DVC concierge rooms to start with, and walking reservations has become the sad standard with these. (I wish Disney would stop the practice all together.)

From my experience, if you are not walking the reservation:

- You must attempt to book first thing in the morning at 11 months out just as the dates open. Even then, there's an excellent chance the rooms will be gone.

- From a few days to a week after the dates have opened up you'll see the 'walkers' drop their room requests, at this point they are open for the rest of us, but again, they can go fast, so check every morning, noon and night. ** Note, this does not apply to peak demand days, such as school vacations and long weekends which will rarely be released. If you're lucky you may be able to piece together your entire trip this way. (So far, I have 5 nights of our 9 night trip reserved. I don't think those other nights will ever open up.)

I highly recommend using the wait list and add on day by day as you see them open, if they open.

Are your nights consecutive? What would you do if they weren't ? I really enjoyed staying club level and hope to be able to when I become official :) We can travel whenever since we have two small children so maybe this will better our chances?

Just received our 210 points at AKV purchased through resale. :yay: Yay we're in the AK club now. Love the resort!!

facebook twitter