The Official 2013 Wine and Dine Half Marathon Thread

I'm trying to assemble a Wine and Dine playlist, but all the songs I thought I remember hearing I don't quite remember as well as I thought... So I'll throw it out to you guys. What songs do you remember hearing pre-race, during the race, at the finish line, and at the party?

Tropical Wilds said:
I'm trying to assemble a Wine and Dine playlist, but all the songs I thought I remember hearing I don't quite remember as well as I thought... So I'll throw it out to you guys. What songs do you remember hearing pre-race, during the race, at the finish line, and at the party?

I remember the "competition" pre race and the guy dancing to I'm a Barbie Girl. I am pretty sure that they played the fox at least twice pre race and once on the course. I know I remember Dynamite and I gotta feeling. They played the cupid shuffle.

So, we officially won't be running Wine and Dine in 2014 BUT DH is already talking about how he wants to do a coast to coast in 2015 so…

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates. I'm amping up my training for Princess this week and just thinking about having to be up and out around 2-3 in the morning for that race is making me long for Wine and Dine again.

capeseal said:
So, we officially won't be running Wine and Dine in 2014 BUT DH is already talking about how he wants to do a coast to coast in 2015 so…

Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates. I'm amping up my training for Princess this week and just thinking about having to be up and out around 2-3 in the morning for that race is making me long for Wine and Dine again.

Tell me about it! I can't believe I'm going to have to be up that early not once but TWO days in a row for princess. What was I thinking....

Hmmmm maybe ill go for the non-pink coast to coast in 2015.... If I win the lottery I mean.

Tell me about it! I can't believe I'm going to have to be up that early not once but TWO days in a row for princess. What was I thinking.... Hmmmm maybe ill go for the non-pink coast to coast in 2015.... If I win the lottery I mean.

So jealous! No Disney races planned for me for 2014. :(. Hopefully I can talk my husband into going in 2015, I'd like to do the Wine and Dine again. I do plan on training for the 2014 ToT race and on race day I'll run the 10 miles thru my neighborhood and maybe have an after party at the corner pub! Lol! I really like training and having a goal in mind.
Merry Christmas ya running freaks!
Melinda

So jealous! No Disney races planned for me for 2014. :(. Hopefully I can talk my husband into going in 2015, I'd like to do the Wine and Dine again. I do plan on training for the 2014 ToT race and on race day I'll run the 10 miles thru my neighborhood and maybe have an after party at the corner pub! Lol! I really like training and having a goal in mind.
Merry Christmas ya running freaks!
Melinda

I like that plan. No RunDisney for me in 2014 either. I am on my first full marathon in San Antonio in Dec 2014 and on the Princess Half (and hopefully the Disneyland half too) in 2015.

I'm a beginner in all of this. My goal is to run the 2014 wine and dine. I plan to do at least two other races before to prove to myself that I can do this! I'm starting with the weekly plan that is listed on the runDisney website. What are some suggestions from you runners? How can I make sure this happens? How do I start? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

I'm a beginner in all of this. My goal is to run the 2014 wine and dine. I plan to do at least two other races before to prove to myself that I can do this! I'm starting with the weekly plan that is listed on the runDisney website. What are some suggestions from you runners? How can I make sure this happens? How do I start? Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!

One of the first things I did when I began training for the Donald Duck half a couple of years ago was purchase and keep a diary of my training. I would write down exactly what I did that day...how many miles...how long it took me how I felt...it helped a lot and motivated me. I would also write down what sort of workouts I did from a dvd.
Then at the end of week on Sunday I would tally up all the miles I did!

One step at a time. Seriously, try not to go too far too fast as that can lead to injury. From now until June I would focus on your base and getting to where you can comfortably run 6-7 miles as a long run once a week with 2-3 other runs of +/- 3 miles.
If you can do that - the training increases will be good and you can progress well toward the race with less chance of overuse injuries.

The important part is to get to the starting line healthy and well trained so you can enjoy your race.

I would try to scope out a 10mile or 10k race before the coral placement deadline to run so you can submit a time for coral placement. It also gives you a good opportunity to try out race strageties.

Good luck. It is fun race.

Well, after over a year of training for the 2013 W&D, I did it! I made all of my goals:goodvibes...

...then I got home...

:sad1:

I was overcome by the feeling that I did it, but I don't think I will ever be able to do it again, not for physical reasons, but for financial reasons. With no reason to run and the arctic blast of snow and ice, I basically stopped running altogether. I did ONE "run" of less than 2 miles with the dog and that was it...

...until December 26. DH has already kicked in his workouts and told me to come with him to the gym. I knew I needed to get a run under my belt, just to re-ignite that fire. I went with no expectations. I even went back to DAY 1 of my couch-to-10K trainer which was 60 seconds run/90 seconds walk. (For reference, I did the 1/2 at 8 minutes run/4 minutes walk and finished with a 12:51 pace) I did 29:35 of the program (because that was the time when I finished the lap) and I felt pretty good. The track is a short loop and you need to go 13.2 laps to get ONE mile. I was afraid to look at the stats (total distance and pace) because I thought it would really show how far back I've fallen. Imagine my surprise when I found out I'd gone 2.5 miles at an 11:48 pace:dance3:!!

I'm back:cheer2:.

Well, after over a year of training for the 2013 W&D, I did it! I made all of my goals:goodvibes...

...then I got home...

:sad1:

I was overcome by the feeling that I did it, but I don't think I will ever be able to do it again, not for physical reasons, but for financial reasons. With no reason to run and the arctic blast of snow and ice, I basically stopped running altogether. I did ONE "run" of less than 2 miles with the dog and that was it...

...until December 26. DH has already kicked in his workouts and told me to come with him to the gym. I knew I needed to get a run under my belt, just to re-ignite that fire. I went with no expectations. I even went back to DAY 1 of my couch-to-10K trainer which was 60 seconds run/90 seconds walk. (For reference, I did the 1/2 at 8 minutes run/4 minutes walk and finished with a 12:51 pace) I did 29:35 of the program (because that was the time when I finished the lap) and I felt pretty good. The track is a short loop and you need to go 13.2 laps to get ONE mile. I was afraid to look at the stats (total distance and pace) because I thought it would really show how far back I've fallen. Imagine my surprise when I found out I'd gone 2.5 miles at an 11:48 pace:dance3:!!

I'm back:cheer2:.

Way to go! Hope some of that rubs off on me! I start on Thursday!

I came away from W&D with a hurt foot (just from overuse, plantar fasciitis with a touch of arthritis) and was hoping my time off would heal it. Nope. No change. So I might as well run. :scared::scared:

I think when I start back, I'm going to run/walk even my short runs at first. Normally, I would only run/walk my long ones. At least until I get my "sea legs" back.

I've got another Half coming up in April!

Has anyone who ordered shirts from online gotten a any update on when you expect your shirt? Yesterday was 6 weeks from the date of my order and nothing from them yet.

I should mention that we are going to try one more RunDisney event. My DD10 ran a 10 5K's with me this year. My DD8 ran one and had a blast, but two weeks later, she was diagnosed with osteochondritis dessicans in her left knee:scared:. It is extremely rare to be diagnosed at such a young age since it is most often found in teens and young adults. The initial treatment was making her no-impact for 3 months. She had another MRI which showed no improvement so the no-impact restriction continued. Her latest MRI showed that the previously-stable lesion has now become unstable and surgery is now required:sad1:. They are going to drill small holes into her femur in the hopes that it will stimulate the healing process and produce new bone to stabilize the lesion. Since she is so young and her long bones are not fused, her prognosis is very good:flower3:. After the surgery, she will be in an immobilizer and on crutches for six weeks.

She is very motivated to heal because she saw the medal for the Expedition Everest challenge and she "must have one!". Obviously, 2014 is off the table, so we are shooting for 2015. It will be tight (financially) since we are going in October of 2014. Hopefully, I can put in enough OT at work to pad the vacation fund:thumbsup2. I was hoping to try the W&D 1/2 in 2015 but that won't happen if we do the EE together.

Did you get wine and dine or coast to coast. I just called them and they said they are out of stock with no other information.

HI all!! I have been skimming through this thread, so I may have missed this, but I'm thinking about running this race this fall and I had a few questions.

Is it normally held this similar weekend? Is it safe to assume the 2014 dates will be November 7-9? When were the dates announced last year?

In addition, were the holiday decorations, castle lights, Osborne lights, etc... up during this weekend? I am making this my year to Run Disney, and I need to get myself into better shape, so it's looking like the Wine and Dine might be my first. Unless I can get myself in shape for Everest or TOT ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter