The October 2015 Live Trip Reports!

We've done that before. Walking the trail is actually pretty peaceful and we have seen lots of deer there as well.

Here in 841 and all decorated, will try to post pics later! Did MNSSHP on Sunday and got tons of candy, parades and fireworks and Hocus Pocus show were awesome! It's going to be a bit rainy today, but a rainy day here is better than ...... well just about anything! Internet issues are our frustration right now, DH goes to school online so that's been a challenge..... but going to Animal Kingdom today nc after a few Everest rides I bet he gets over his frustration. Y'all have a Happy Tuesday!

Checked in yesterday we have a beautiful trailer from Florida camper rental. Went to hoop dee doo revue last night. At Hollywood studios today and it's overcast but glad it's not crazy hot! In loop 1400 and there are some empty spots but I'm sure it will fill up by Halloween weekend. Lots of great decorations at the fort!

Here in 841 and all decorated, will try to post pics later! Did MNSSHP on Sunday and got tons of candy, parades and fireworks and Hocus Pocus show were awesome! It's going to be a bit rainy today, but a rainy day here is better than ...... well just about anything! Internet issues are our frustration right now, DH goes to school online so that's been a challenge..... but going to Animal Kingdom today nc after a few Everest rides I bet he gets over his frustration. Y'all have a Happy Tuesday!
Internet has been a problem for us too. Got the Modem kit and traded it for another. Will try again later. Have a great time!

Certain times of the day the CM are really slow. Based on the model of modem they are using they are very old DOCSIS 1 technology.

Morning everyone,
When I check in next Thursday afternoon do I request a modem kit then? What's the best way to do it?
Thanks

7 Days 4 Hours 0 Minutes and counting. In single digits

You have to request it at the Meadows trading post, asking at check-in they will direct you there.

So far today is sort of a wash out. Made it to DHS this morning and by 11 AM it was POURING. They stopped the boats due to the lightning, and we got soaked waiting for a bus from DHS to Epcot. Decided to head back to the Fort instead. It's been pretty steady to heavy rain for hours, although we may finally be seeing the sun. We've got dinner at the Yachtsman, so I figure we might just hang around the campsite till dinner

When I check in next Thursday afternoon do I request a modem kit then? What's the best way to do it?

1) Yes, request a modem at check-in time.
. . . based upon the Front Desk CM, you might get it there, or move to the Concierge Window.
. . . either can get one for you
. . . but, usually, you are directed to our Concierge Desk
. . . this way, we can't get the tip we aren't allowed to take
2) Best way to obtain the modem,
. . . parse lips.
. . . open mouth.
. . . utter the phrase, "May I have a modem, please?"

:cool1:

Ok. Here is another question. Do I need to bring a wireless router or is the unit included?? I think I remember someone saying that I will need a wireless router to have wifi.
Thanks.

Ok. Here is another question. Do I need to bring a wireless router or is the unit included?? I think I remember someone saying that I will need a wireless router to have wifi.
Thanks.

Yep. The Fort-issued equipment is for a wired/cabled connection to your laptop. If you want walk around mobility, you have to BYO router.

Bama Ed

Update - had to get Disney and the local cable company on our site but finally got the internet up! The 800 loop is really taking shape with decorations, and gonna loop around to find others today, headed right now to ride the horses with my daughters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter